Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,031 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (405) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (908159 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Best256: 8:30pm On Apr 19, 2022
Hello everyone,

You guys have been trying with all the inputs. Anyone going or at Lakehead University?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Airoflaw(m): 8:41pm On Apr 19, 2022
nesougo:
Good evening all, Please I'm a first time applicant and I want to apply for a Study Permit for September 2022. Please can I do my upfront medicals before submitting my application ? In the new IRCC portal, is there a place required to submit your medicals before submitting your study permit application ? I would appreciate it if someone helps me out with this. Thanks
yes you can do it upfront. I did mine upfront and they responded a day after final submission that i passed. So i think doing upfront makes the process faster

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Airoflaw(m): 8:46pm On Apr 19, 2022
kennyjoy:

Bro they are financeApp here which you can change your naira to cad through transfer from your naira bank account but, I will advice you to also source for $ when coming even if just small amount.
you can check out "africhange"
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by DestinationCann: 8:51pm On Apr 19, 2022
Country of residence as at when you apply not IP address.

If what you plan to do is use VPN, forgerablurit cheesy cheesy

Iffylove:
@ makano,
what makes an application to be classified as 'outside' and 'within' Canada? is it because of the IP address of the location where the application was initiated and submitted or the present resident address/country stated by the applicant?.
Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teebabe2806: 8:52pm On Apr 19, 2022
kweje:
1) Yes, you will pay the N46,500

2) Email them with your preferred date and time.

iomabujamedicalbooking@iom.int

iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int

This link is for all panel physicians in Nigeria https://secure.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

You will find their phone numbers if you need to call.

All the best.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by DestinationCann: 8:53pm On Apr 19, 2022
Oh, my bad. Thought she left already.

It'll end well.

Electroweb:

Amen! My wife is still in Nigeria though, to resume in September. I will write the letter.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nkem292: 8:54pm On Apr 19, 2022
Vikky05:
Good evening everyone,
I'm new here and 1st time posting.
You all are doing a great job.
I got an admission with crandall University MOM 2years program, January intake.

I’m the one studying. My husband and I will be applying together. Our daughter is a US citizen so we won't be applying with her.

I'm confused with my POF and please I would like your opinions. @makano @frankrobben1
My mum is my sponsor (she's business woman). She’s paying for my 1year tuition fee (it’s a 2year program). my husband and I are paying for our living expenses for 1year by selling my husbands land, our siblings are giving us some money also (doing a gift deed). We have the cash for 1st year.

My questions are:
- For the 2nd year tuition, can my mum use her fixed deposit to show as pof for 2nd year tuition? Because she doesn't have any account that has funds for a long time. And her Statement of account as show of income? but sometimes there won’t be any money in the account because of her business. As she pays for her goods, Good inflow and outflow though.

- For living expenses, the gift deed from both siblings and the funds from sale of land, are we to leave this money in our accounts for 4-6months?

- can we (my husband and i) use an investment and land to show that we will use it to pay for our 2nd year living expenses ? We also have a house

- our family ties are my mum, siblings, my business, I will taking over my family business, our house and land. Please does these work ?

Thank you

Thank you so much @learner247. Please @makano @frankrobben1 and other gurus please help.

Pls did they request for GMAT in Crandall university for admission.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by PatBrisley: 9:10pm On Apr 19, 2022
Good evening everyone, I am Patrick by name. Someone refer me to this trend and I have read a lot of studying in Canada tips and also testimonies. Thanks to all that have been making things easy for people like me and Congratulations to all those that have gotten their PPR. I can’t wait to come and share my testimony soon.

Now to what brought me here ���

I want to apply for Masters in any of these 3 schools (Thompson Rivers University in BC) (University of New Brunswick) and (Memorial University Newfoundland)

But before I go ahead, I have some questions and I’ll really appreciate if I can get answers. Thanks �

1. Please which of the schools above will you recommend? (Acceptance rate, standard of living e.t.c)

2. I will be 36years this year, Is it advisable to go through study route?

3 I graduated (almost 10years now) with 3.86 cgpa in Applied zoology and environmental biology. And I am willing to do my Masters in Environmental Science/biology/ ecology. But the challenge is I have over 8years experience in marketing. Will my career in marketing not affect my course of study in terms of visa application.?

4. What are my chances of getting study permit because of the 10years gap between graduation, my career path and now that I want to further?

5. How can I go about proof of funds as I will be sponsoring myself and my young family(they will come later)?

Sorry for the long post ��

@learner246 @olasubomy @omiinii @makano @lekiboboe and others
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Odoziaku1: 9:42pm On Apr 19, 2022
Pls, what’s d process of getting CAD or Dollars to travel to Canada. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Michaelfavour02: 10:08pm On Apr 19, 2022
Hello house, I'm new in Nairaland, I've been accepted to a University in Canada for my Undergrad program last month (University of Manitoba) ,I'm in the process of gathering supporting documents to apply for my study permit. Pls I really need help because I don't know about the study permit process? Plus I'm a first time applicant.

I must say it wasn't easy for me to gain the admission and to receive my letter of acceptance because I didn't use any Agent, just me and the HOLY SPIRIT. But to God be the Glory I have secured a spot in the University of Manitoba for my future program.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by gaeul(f): 10:22pm On Apr 19, 2022
Please is there any airline that one can use naira Visa or MasterCard....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by gaeul(f): 10:31pm On Apr 19, 2022
Mine was;

Submission: Nov 3rd
Biometrics: Nov 8th
Upfront Medical passsd: February 15th
BVL: February 15th
Final Decision February 22nd

makano:
Hello House

Trust we all had a great Easter holiday.

Real quick,

I have been observing or seeing an increased number of cases where people have received BVL but PPR is pending. Posting this here to see and track success for those who received BVL and decision was received after how many days/weeks and months.

Below are samples that I know of personally:

Submission: Nov 10th
Biometrics: Nov 12th
Medical request: March 15th
BVL: March 24th
No Final Decision yet

Application Submission Date 11 January 2022
Upfront Medical Passed 23 March 2022
Eligibility Started 1 April 2022
BVL/Correspondence Letter dropped 14 April 2022
No Final Decision yet

It has been observed that this is a recent operation of the IRCC officials , what I dont know is if its only Limited to the Nairobi Office or its across all IRCC centers ..

If your application falls in this recent operation, please let the house know so we can eventually know the outcome of these affected applications, cos to be honest it hasnt been easy for these Applicants.. IRCC doing what it knows how to do best, giving young Nigerans High Bp..

It will all end in praise..

Peace

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by gaeul(f): 10:45pm On Apr 19, 2022
There is a final x-ray after passing your sputum test, please contact iom or qlife where u did your medicals, you might have a pending request...Goodnews is your medical expires a year after it is updated to passed not when you started or did your first x-ray
HouseRavenclaw:

My medicals have been looming "under review" since the 18th of February. Bizarre part is I was recommended for a sputum test. My original medical prompt came October 15th and I waited two months to pass the sputum test, only to wait two months since February for medical processing.

You'd think that cases like mine that have already been lengthened will be hastened but people who got their medicals done this April are being passed before mine of two months. There's nothing I haven't done or sent and no one I haven't called. I'm ordering GCMS notes today because I've read that sometimes your medicals can be passed on the visa officer's notes but they won't upload it on your page until they have a final decision ready.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by anayolity: 10:57pm On Apr 19, 2022
Hello good people.

Hope you guys are doing great.

Please and please can I have a HND in mass communication (lower credit) and will like to go to Canada via study route...I have 5years of experience in Supply chain

I understand unlike UK, Canada do not HND for direct MSc program.

Can anyone please recommend a very very affordable university where I can study a PGD program in Canada.

Thank yooooooou
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Emilo(m): 10:59pm On Apr 19, 2022
Belle110:

Thanks you just gingered me, let me schedule my 50-100 emails for tomorrow. No peace

For Christ sake, how can you send 100 mails to someone in one day? If I'm the VO i wont approve your Visa. Cos you go be like who go disturb Canada peace.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ayatunde: 11:27pm On Apr 19, 2022
Hi everyone, please I call on experienced people to help on this;

What explanation can I give for taking my 20months old toddler with me on a study permit while writing my SOP?

NOTE- I'm leaving my husband and two older children back home.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Belle110: 11:31pm On Apr 19, 2022
Emilo:

For Christ sake, how can you send 100 mails to someone in one day? If I'm the VO i wont approve your Visa. Cos you go be like who go disturb Canada peace.

It looks ridiculous but it is what they deserve, besides I’ve seen some sending 200 to the point they begged them to stop. Lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by bysolaro: 11:32pm On Apr 19, 2022
Many thanks for this.
Is this 3k USD or CAD limit? Is the limit per month, quarter?
What supporting documents do I attach?
Can I apply through more than one bank?
Sorry for the multiple questions… :-)

gbalogun:
You can use Access Bank…fill the Form A (Trade System) online. Your Canada bank details as the beneficiary, make sure you select CAD not USD, include all relevant documents with a letter of instruction to debit. The process takes about 3-4 weeks and you are allowed to do a maximum of 3k USD

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bolanle18090040: 11:53pm On Apr 19, 2022
Please how can I open the dollars card account because I want to pay for my application fee for New Brunswick

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Akukusesemomo: 12:32am On Apr 20, 2022
Please anyone going to school in the Ottawa Ontario area?

How are you all going about finding apartments?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Tcrown2020(f): 1:11am On Apr 20, 2022
gaeul:
Mine was;

Submission: Nov 3rd
Biometrics: Nov 8th
Upfront Medical passsd: February 15th
BVL: February 15th
Final Decision February 22nd

Amen o .Thanks @ makano
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Sand4love(f): 1:18am On Apr 20, 2022
Pearls001:
Good day house,
Pls I did upfront medical at iom on the 23rd of March and medical status has not been updated, i tried calling them to confirm if they have submitted the medical result but they are not responding to my calls or mail.

iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int
Send mail to this address.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Zbk001: 2:36am On Apr 20, 2022
I want to apply for masters degree program in Toronto Uni,

Pls.....
Have: ND certificate
Bs. C
NECO
can I get admission with the above result, ur contribution is appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by gbalogun(m): 2:37am On Apr 20, 2022
Limit is 3k USD you have a total of about 10k USD per year as upkeep.

Admission letter
Study permit
Passport page
Enrollment
ID Card

Not so sure about applying through multiple banks at the same time.

bysolaro:
Many thanks for this.
Is this 3k USD or CAD limit? Is the limit per month, quarter?
What supporting documents do I attach?
Can I apply through more than one bank?
Sorry for the multiple questions… :-)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by lamash: 3:16am On Apr 20, 2022
Bolanle18090040:
Please how can I open the dollars card account because I want to pay for my application fee for New Brunswick

Visit any nigerian bank

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Priceless25: 4:43am On Apr 20, 2022
I am livid right now.. so I got admission with CNC since Feb 2022, filed for form A, it was taking time (7 working days) to move from the first stage, a friend of mine tried with union bank and it got to the disbursement stage within 24 hrs. I then decided to use Keystone bank based on some experiences I read here and it got to the disbursement stage in 2 weeks but since March, that's where it has been, I've called the bank multiple times, sent a litany of emails explaining my situation (School gave me 30 days to pay tuition). Despite my best efforts, it wasn't resolved and just this morning I gave a mail from my school, rescinding my admission. Keystone bank really gave me a 2022 to remember.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Gokoyer1401: 4:46am On Apr 20, 2022
This is too much o. Hope you have deferred your admission since.
your PPR will be granted by God's grace. But Btw, are you trying to look at plan B at all?
Johnchan2:
My application will soon be 12 months~ 1 year.....
God, please help me ...

Also please I'm still hoping someone can give me anyone I can contact at the Kenya embassy, so I can make some enquiries about my application>>>
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Innunique: 5:37am On Apr 20, 2022
CharitoJames:

Guys, don’t bother going with your Nigerian clipper, it can’t be used there or so i heard.
all you need do is get a Dual Channel Voltage Converter 110V/120V-220V/240V, Step-Up Down Travel Adapter Voltage Transformer for Electrical Appliances, as seen in the pics and you should be good to use all your Nigerian appliances. Amazon should have it

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ozzyk(m): 5:51am On Apr 20, 2022
Airoflaw:
please we need solution here.im also in the same shoe
Have you sort it out yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ayatunde: 6:14am On Apr 20, 2022

What explanation can I give for taking my 20months old toddler with me on a study permit while writing my SOP?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 7:41am On Apr 20, 2022
Ayatunde:

Thank you

Do you need to explain to anyone why you are taking your own child who is a toddler along with you? It’s Nigerians that complicated things for themselves.. when they keep adding and doing what they weren’t asked to do... All this IRCC issues can’t be heard in other countries. Please Ma, your child is yours so it’s not their business as to why you are taking him or her.... file for the child in question, have enough money to show for the both of you and consent letter from hubby. No one would ask you why you had to take your child.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by DestinationCann: 7:47am On Apr 20, 2022
The reason is obvious, your toddler is a toddler who needs mother's care.

Your husband will be busy with work and other kids and you'll not want to overburden him with care of a toddler who still nurses at night.

Ayatunde:

Thank you

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.