Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,469 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (403) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (914720 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Belle110: 12:30pm On Apr 19, 2022
Chyigb:

Please emails are you referring to?

nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca
abuja-IM-Enquiry@international.gc.ca
abuja@international.gc.ca

The ones in bold have replied to me before so target them too.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teezkid: 12:32pm On Apr 19, 2022
RxOtunba:
Kinda busy so I couldn't really comprehend the relationship and how the marriage certificate comes in, but just try to demonstrate relationship with anything that has the surname. Not compulsory to deposit the 1 Yr fees, it only kinda boosts ur chances
Alright, no problem. Thanks, I’ll do all I can
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by RonkeFola: 12:44pm On Apr 19, 2022
Sunkanmi64:
Hi Ronke, I applied to MUN for Fall 2022 and I got a decision from them last week. I don't know if there is a group though, I haven't come across any.

Hi Sunkanmi. Can we connect outside the group? you can drop your email address, please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by RonkeFola: 12:48pm On Apr 19, 2022
omariam:

There is a group for MUN

Hello Mariam. how can I join the group? please share your email address to discuss this further. thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tonnymexx: 12:51pm On Apr 19, 2022
Hello gurus,

Please house, on 2018 i applied for study permit but was denied twice ever since then i didn't apply again. I approached a man that we bear the same surname (Umeh Paul) i refer him as my father so I used his CAC documents and his Bank statement. But my own real dad name is (Umeh Linus) due to the fact that my dad doesn't have CAC documents and bank statement.

How I want to help me younger brother to process his visa and I want to stand as his sponsor cos I have my personal saving account and CAC documents.

My question is should i continue to use the other man (Umeh Paul) documents so that we can have 2 CAC documents or instead I should register a new CAC documents for my own real dad company (Umeh Linus). Also if I should register my dad business and i use it together with my own. Won't the VO see it that I registered the company for the purpose of this visa application cos d documents will have a current date

Please house I need help and advice on this?
Please am still expecting response from the gurus.
Please this is urgent

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by RonkeFola: 12:54pm On Apr 19, 2022
Sunkanmi64:
Hi Ronke, I applied to MUN for Fall 2022 and I got a decision from them last week. I don't know if there is a group though, I haven't come across any.

What department and degree, please? Can you share your contact details (email)? I will really need your help. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by sinorte: 12:56pm On Apr 19, 2022
Thank you

CharitoJames:
Good morning All...
So here is a list of food items you can comfortably take to Canada.

Cray fish (blend it to avoid poking)

Stock fish

Smoked fish

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ninab: 1:32pm On Apr 19, 2022
Please any student in fanshawe kindly help
me but responding to this please
I really need help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Halyshia: 1:50pm On Apr 19, 2022
Belle110:

over 2 weeks now have been sending them emails and webforms but no response, aside the generic ones...I’m also to resume by May,sigh

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Sunkanmi64: 1:52pm On Apr 19, 2022
RonkeFola:

What department and degree, please? Can you share your contact details (email)? I will really need your help. Thank you.
I already replied your email request.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Halyshia: 2:00pm On Apr 19, 2022
Chyigb:

I pray the very best for you, hopefully you'll hear from them this week by His Grace.
amen, thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chubbyface: 2:06pm On Apr 19, 2022
JustMellow:

Hello Chubbyface,

The IRCC Portal allows a file size of 2MB whilst the GcKey account permits a 4MB file size. If your documents are little, you can consider the former. There is nothing 'so' special about the IRCC Portal. Some visit visa applications might be experiencing fast processing time, it is also not entirely different in processing pace with the SP submitted via the GcKey account.

Many applications submitted between late last year and early this year are currently caught in IRCC backlogs, and not necessarily for the reason of applying through the GcKey account. As mentioned earlier, consider the IRCC Portal if your documents are little or the GcKey account if they are much.

Best of Luck
Thanks..how about the medicals, do I need to do an upfront before apply with the new portal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nikky6: 2:24pm On Apr 19, 2022
Very helpful!! Thank you
CharitoJames:
Good
morning All...
So here is a list of food items you can comfortably take to Canada.

Cray fish (blend it to avoid poking)

Stock fish

Smoked fish

Powdered maggi (chicken flavor isn’t allowed but you can repack in a ziplock and name it spice... no shaa forget say na maggi when you wan use am)

Palm oil ( Freeze it for about a week before you travel, let it turn to stone so it won’t defrost easily)

Blended dry pepper ( Red ones or even Cameroon pepper)

Egusi, Osu, Okpei, Achi

Beans, Bean powder

Ogbono ( blend too, we want everything neatly packed and don’t forget to put names on them)

Dry Iru

Spices ( friedrice spice oh, jollof spice oh etc)
Pepper soup spice.( trust me, you will need pepper soup alot, cold no be here)

Suya spice/Yaji ( If you grill chicken with yaji eh! You go chop finger, walahi)

Garri (packed in ziplock oh! Domestic carry sack like Mr Okoro)

Ground nut and Peanuts ( our Nigerian groundnut is on another level, you can’t get same taste in Canada... in plastic bottle oh)

Your favorite snacks that are not in Canada, pack them too. Na you go pay for extra luggage size.

Medication (Very important... there are no mosquitoes there but you fit still carry malaria drugs.. getting drugs over there isn’t as easy as walking into a pharmacy here..Get your paracetamol, flagyl, ibuprofen, vitamin C, your supplements etc

Aboniki balm ( Very important please, you won’t get hot balm over there and aboniki is sooo expensive there, get a pack or 2 if possible.

Ogi/ Akamu/ Pap (If you are a pap lover like me, mbok carry am go especially ginger pap..you can put in a ziplock and freeze to stone or NOT! Pap no dey quick spoil).

Ukpaka/ Ugba/ Oil bean ( If you still want your roasted plantain and yam feel over there, carry this along, you can just refrigerate and put in your bag the day you are traveling )

Vegetables ,Ugu/ Ewedu/ Bitter leaf ( Wash your bitter leaf to the point you want the bitter taste,put in a ziplock and freeze, slice your ugu after washing... allow to dry again like water never touched it and put inna ziplock.. pick your ewedu too and do like the ugu)

For the stubborn ones that must carry yam... slice it up, peel and cut in sizes then put in ziplock and leave in the fridge before you travel... yam can last up to 3 weeks even when stored this way, it will still be fresh any day you want to use it.

Okpa flour/Bambara nut ( I already said flour so don’t forget to grind it and name it)

Abacha

For my ladies, Don’t forget...

Relaxer

Pads ( Some of us have a particular one we are used to and don’t react to...so pack some with you before you get another one that will replace it over there... you wouldn’t want to start searching for a suitable pad the moment you get there.

Milk isn’t allowed but people take it in. Just repack in a ziplock and name it a different thing like bean flour, bambara powder, yam flour, rice flour/tuwo etc.. Just any powder that look like milk and please when they pick interest in your milk particularly, stand your ground without shaking and tell them it’s what you named it and not milk, go ahead and ask them to taste it if they want and ask them why you would want to take milk in when it’s not allowed... Like who gets this far and ends up wasting time because of milk. But if you will start shaking, kuku no carry milk.

NB: Every packed food item must be in Ziplock or transparent bag so it can be visible enough.

There are other food items but these are the most common ones. From this list, you can have an idea of other things you can carry.

I don’t think seeds are allowed because they think you will plant them.
No poultry products like chicken maggi and the rest, anything with chicken on it is a No even benny and mivina used to season chicken.. so pour content in a ziplock and name Spice M and Spice B.

Then your personal things shaa.
Go with a Universal Adaptor oh, very important because their sockets isn’t same as ours so you don’t get stock incase your chargers don’t fit in.

Guys, don’t bother going with your Nigerian clipper, it can’t be used there or so i heard.

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by gbalogun(m): 3:03pm On Apr 19, 2022
You can use Access Bank…fill the Form A (Trade System) online. Your Canada bank details as the beneficiary, make sure you select CAD not USD, include all relevant documents with a letter of instruction to debit. The process takes about 3-4 weeks and you are allowed to do a maximum of 3k USD

bysolaro:
Greetings All!

Please I would really appreciate anyone who can give me guidance on how to obtain CAD/USD through CBN/bank so I can pay my rent. Buying at black market rate is really, really, really burning holes in my pocket.
Please advise based on your direct experience with the name of the bank and how much they allow one apply for+ how long it takes.

God bless.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Belle110: 3:22pm On Apr 19, 2022
Halyshia:
over 2 weeks now have been sending them emails and webforms but no response, aside the generic ones...I’m also to resume by May,sigh

It is well, I would advise to not think about it too much because this thing is really taking a toll on people’s health. Just take it easy and do the best you can do.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Abby212: 3:41pm On Apr 19, 2022
Really!! Please when is the available dates?
quote author=Olanrae post=112080600]No slot for Biometrics for this month again
Wahala dy ooo
When it is not Medicals [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Osaos(m): 3:56pm On Apr 19, 2022
Hello guys, I just got admission for diploma in Canada, my agent is telling me I can use 2 months statements for my visa, and if yes? What documents are needed to back it up?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tracy0803409: 4:02pm On Apr 19, 2022
ninab:
Please any student in fanshawe kindly help
me but responding to this please
I really need help

Who do you want, a student already in London, Ontario or a new intake that is yet to resume, I can help you with both
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Treasure134: 4:04pm On Apr 19, 2022
Please guys.... I will be so grateful if someone can render this help for me

Please if there's anyone in Nova Scotia Halifax, that can help me send a mail to a particular MP on behalf of me as she has refused to help just because I'm outside her province and All other MPs told me to reach her as she's the only one in the province to help me with my immigration issues

My school (MSVU) is resuming on 9th MAY

Please help me out guys... I'm pleading
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by adeddamola(f): 4:12pm On Apr 19, 2022
Hello,

Calmdancer21 has not forwarded it yet.

Take care.

quote author=Jacksonmma1 post=112039838][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Beatson: 4:13pm On Apr 19, 2022
Hello,
#Makano, # Ketima and other gurus in the house.

I am Dec 6th applicant
No update after medical was passed on the 23rd of Dec 2021.
Classes start May 2nd

Have been sending numerous mails and webforms.
Got just two responses out of many.
Attached is the most recent (12th April)

Am open to all on this matter
I want to defer at this moment.

Urgent response please. Thanks.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by adeddamola(f): 4:14pm On Apr 19, 2022
Hello,

I applied to NBCC and have been granted admission for winter 2023.

Take care.

Bolanle18090040:
Please anybody applying to Nbcc ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 4:18pm On Apr 19, 2022
Osaos:
Hello guys, I just got admission for diploma in Canada, my agent is telling me I can use 2 months statements for my visa, and if yes? What documents are needed to back it up?
theres no yes
At least 4 months and documents needed are proof of how the money is being made.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chyigb: 4:41pm On Apr 19, 2022
Belle110:

God bless you greatly, I really appreciate

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omiinii: 4:49pm On Apr 19, 2022
You need a 4 months bank statement at least.
Osaos:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by HouseRavenclaw: 4:49pm On Apr 19, 2022
MightyRance:
Today makes it 26th day i submitted. IRCC is yet to update my medicals.

I have sent my e-medical tracking sheet via webform and email more than 5 times. they are still yet to update it.

I don't know what to do anymore

My medicals have been looming "under review" since the 18th of February. Bizarre part is I was recommended for a sputum test. My original medical prompt came October 15th and I waited two months to pass the sputum test, only to wait two months since February for medical processing.

You'd think that cases like mine that have already been lengthened will be hastened but people who got their medicals done this April are being passed before mine of two months. There's nothing I haven't done or sent and no one I haven't called. I'm ordering GCMS notes today because I've read that sometimes your medicals can be passed on the visa officer's notes but they won't upload it on your page until they have a final decision ready.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omiinii: 4:52pm On Apr 19, 2022
There's nothing you can do apart from sending mails and webforms. It's part of the journey. It's always advised to apply for visa 6 months or more prior resumption. If it exceeds you'll have to defer. It's the Canadian way. Try to send mails to the MP, where your school is located if they can assist you.
Beatson:
Hello,
#Makano, # Ketima and other gurus in the house.

I am Dec 6th applicant
No update after medical was passed on the 23rd of Dec 2021.
Classes start May 2nd

Have been sending numerous mails and webforms.
Got just two responses out of many.
Attached is the most recent (12th April)

Am open to all on this matter
I want to defer at this moment.

Urgent response please. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Electroweb(m): 4:57pm On Apr 19, 2022
DestinationCann:
Sorry to hear this. I cannot imagine how this has affected your family negatively.

I suggest your wife writes an emotional mail to the MP of her province stating how the toddler has missed motherly care at such a tender age because IRCC have not approved her visa to travel with mother.

I pray this week comes with a positive response from IRCC for your child and others here still available a final decision from IRCC.

Amen! My wife is still in Nigeria though, to resume in September. I will write the letter.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Papapa1234: 5:06pm On Apr 19, 2022
Welcome back Guru Justmellow...
JustMellow:

Hello Chubbyface,

The IRCC Portal allows a file size of 2MB whilst the GcKey account permits a 4MB file size. If your documents are little, you can consider the former. There is nothing 'so' special about the IRCC Portal. Some visit visa applications might be experiencing fast processing time, it is also not entirely different in processing pace with the SP submitted via the GcKey account.

Many applications submitted between late last year and early this year are currently caught in IRCC backlogs, and not necessarily for the reason of applying through the GcKey account. As mentioned earlier, consider the IRCC Portal if your documents are little or the GcKey account if they are much.

Best of Luck

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (920)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.