Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (420) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (907968 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by DestinationCann: 12:07pm On Apr 22, 2022
Thanks, saw it after I returned from DHL cheesy

JustMellow:

Hello DestinationCann,

CentennialGuy has answered.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by DestinationCann: 12:08pm On Apr 22, 2022
Congratulations Omiinii

Omiinii:
Good day guys, I had to settle to write this because I started my journey here and will finally end it here as well. I recently received my passport request on 21/04/2022.

This journey has started since 2019. My first ever application I used an agent to which was recommended to me by a family friend. My mother was the one in direct contact with the agent all i did was drop documents and go for biometrics. I wasn't really ecstatic about leaving Nigeria then. It wasn't in my plans at all. my application was already 6 months old. Luckily, I withdrew the application as I needed my passport for certain things which I'll not go into the Intricacies. I didn't even bother if my application was going fine or not I just desperately needed my passport at that point not caring what was done or if my application was submitted correctly. Sha I withdrew.

Fast forward to 2020. A friend of mine sparked my interest in traveling to Canada. Especially with the way the country don be. Mhen, then I remembered I had applied for this before. I asked for her advice and she directed me to Nairaland instantly I started reading the thread sometimes I could go as far as 2016 to see what was discussed and how things has changed found that Frankrobbn1, Lekiboboe, Justmellow, Fgmp12, shupy,dommakavelli, just wise where top contributors. So I took my time and read their timelines. Every answers they gave/answered.

However, due to what I already learnt here I knew I had to get in contact with the agent of 2019 again to tell me what he filled in my IMM forms. I also planned to order my gcms files to see myself but I needed the details from the last application and hear what he has to say. I was in shock to what was submitted. The fallacies in my application and knew instantly that I was in deep shit. I can't drastically change any information as that will be considered misrepresentation. IRCC no send if na agent apply for you. So one way or another I maneuvered. I was able to dilute some information. While some i just left it like that. There was no way I could change them.

With what I already knew I applied on July 23 2021. I was then refused November 29 2021. I was devastated. Upon everything whey I don Sabi. Haba na. I ordered my notes the same day I got refused.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by BellefilleOma: 12:08pm On Apr 22, 2022
Goodday nairalanders

Pls i hv questions....
1. What are the documents to go with when traveling to Canada?
2. Concerning the ArriveCan, the area where u fill in ur flight details.How do i go abt it especially when u hv a layover?
3. Can I carry things like body cream, body spray and oil for skin?
4. If one is on medication like treatment, can u carry the drugs recommended for you when traveling? Let's say someone recently had surgery but is recovering?
5. Also is there someone traveling on 30th of this month?
6. Does Gionee phone work in Canada with all networks ?
7. How do you declare the money ur traveling with?
8. How do one go abt quarantine plan if asked? Do I hv to take a Covid19 test ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by buckyfof(m): 12:12pm On Apr 22, 2022
Lizabeth36:
Good morning everyone, is there any second applicant still waiting for over 6months?

We are together lol

October buddies lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by amila20042001: 12:30pm On Apr 22, 2022
I dont think anyone has asked this question.

How much is the average pay for students working 20hrs per week?

Pls those in Canada already pls answer this

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teebabe2806: 12:33pm On Apr 22, 2022
amila20042001:
I dont think anyone has asked this question.

How much is the average pay for students working 20hrs per week?

Pls those in Canada already pls answer this

It depends on the Province you’re working
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by amila20042001: 12:37pm On Apr 22, 2022
Ok, pls give us instances. like Ontario is -------
Alberta is ------------ and so on.

Or better still just say the province you are and d average pay

Teebabe2806:

It depends on the Province you’re working
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lizabeth36(f): 12:39pm On Apr 22, 2022
Getting tired of waiting... how have u been holding up??

buckyfof:

We are together lol

October buddies lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by AbionaT(f): 12:46pm On Apr 22, 2022
Ojb555666:
*Greetings Gurus in here, please can one use form A to make NBCC tuition payments under this (pay my tuition) as the only platform? The exchange rate there is black market rate and very high*
@Ojb555666
When paying for NBCC through paymytuition, go to your student care portal and login to your page, then you sroll down to payment.
Then follow all the steps in the form, when you get a place you will see your payment choice, pick others, then click on USD or if it is CAD you want to pay with, then submit the form and paymytuition will send payment instructions to you.
Then you will now go to fill your form A form with the payment advice paymytuition will send to your mail.
Peace

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by buckyfof(m): 12:51pm On Apr 22, 2022
Lizabeth36:
Getting tired of waiting... how have u been holding up??

It's not easy ma'am

Started online classes, time difference is another problem but the assignments and lectures let me forget about the whole thing for a while

Mood swings here and there, sometimes you think maybe they just don't like you lol

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ifeanyi10059(m): 12:54pm On Apr 22, 2022
Good day guys, I'm new here ,
Here's my story briefly, I have Bsc Agriculture
(Soil science Dept) not so proud of it, I worked with ATM company for 1 year 2017, then got federal job In of the Teaching Hospitals as Admin staff 2018, I started ICAN exam to become a chattered Accountant, passed all the papers just one to go SFM, but was cut short as I left my job and relocated to Lagos February to work with my uncle for a while who wants to sponsor me to Canada

I tot Nigeria will get better never had any intention of traveling, but here we are.
I've done some research and I've seen ICAN cert is recognized only in west Africa so there's no need to completing the remaining 1 paper, funds and time wasted,

I have intrest in IT , already doing one online IT program intending to get Certified (any of the CompTIA's certification )

so guys here my challenge, can I get a job in Canada with CompTIA certification, I intend traveling through study route , can I switch to any of the IT related course MSC considering my BSC Agriculture
And I also need guidelines on the Canadian study visa process
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by blessingflow: 12:55pm On Apr 22, 2022
I applied on 16th of March, through gcmsbuddy. It takes exactly 35 days for feedback.

Akexstinger:

Hi ! Please when did you apply for your GMCS note and when did it arrive? And which third party agency did you use?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CentennialGuy: 1:01pm On Apr 22, 2022
DestinationCann:
Thanks, that's the fee.
DHL charged #16,800 for 2 way courier.

This jaapa thing is not for the financially weak oo.

Yeah, it isn't. The upside is you get your passport back within 4 to 5 working days.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Efizzi: 1:40pm On Apr 22, 2022
Please where can I get the police clearance certificate in Abuja ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Marytess(f): 1:40pm On Apr 22, 2022
JustMellow:

Hello Marytess,

No, it is not. However, both offer advanced study and are suitable for graduates with a First degree.

The PBD is a bridging study that helps professionals with an alien background augment their new career line or help graduates with low CGPA improve their grades, or professionals looking at a career switch.

The PGD/C focus on teaching the essentialities of industry practices to assist professionals who are not interested in a Master's study or in becoming an academic learn the technical areas of a professional study.

Check Google for more useful information.

Best of Luck

Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by soulmate19: 1:55pm On Apr 22, 2022
Congratulations

How did you go about the proof fund?

Davidbanky:
PPR ALERT

I want to Thank God for giving me the strength to carry on after multiple rejection and someone here on Nairaland, who has been extremely helpful to me not giving up after those 2 rejections.

After one year of back to back application rejection, I was finally given visa.

Also thank you to frank, it was with his help I did my last application.

First application submitted 23rd February 2021
Denied May 5 2021
Reason:

Second Application submitted July 30 2021

3rd application with the help of Frank
submitted Dec 1 2021

Second application Medical updated to pass January 17

Eligibility started 3rd February 2022
Medical request on the 14th of March 2022
PPR: April 21 (4 months 20days)

Documents submitted

*IRCC FORMS*
1. Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294E),
2. Family Information form (IMM5645E)
3. Temporary Resident form (IMM5257B)

*Applicants personal documents*
1. College Unconditional Official Letter of Admission,
2. Tuition deposit Receipt (from the College)
3. Copy of Applicant's Birth Certificate,
4. Copy of Police Character Certificate, (if any)
5. Copy of West African Examinations Council Senior School Certificate,
6. Copy of Applicant’s International Passport Bio data page,
7. Copy of Applicant's family picture (spouse, and applicant)
8. Statement of Purpose
9. Letter of Explanation addressing the concerns of the visa officer regarding the refused application (LOE),
10. NYSC exemption letter
11. Degree certificate
12. Transcripts
13. Volunteer reference letters (if any)
14. Landed properties documents in Nigeria.
15. 1 copy of Passport Photograph.
16. IELTS Certificate (provide if available)

*Applicant's employment documents*
1. Letter of Introduction from your company (Cosmos Club)
2. Applicant six (6) months Statement of Account (Personal account (preferably) or company Account)
3. Certificate of business registration (CAC)
4. Particulars of directors of the company.
5. Tax clearance documents (if any please provide).
6. PDF screenshot Instagram handle and other social media platforms where the business features
7. Business invoices.
8. Pictures with employees (if any)
9. Contracts papers or partnership agreement for Cosmos Club (if any)
10. Previous employment documents
11. Business Registration Certificate if 532 Services Limited
12. Particulars of directors of the company
13. Article of association and memorandum
14. Business invoices for 532 Services Limited

*Proof of Relationship Documents*

1. Marriage Certificate
2. Wedding Photos

*Wife's Documents*

1. Spouse Valid ID
2. Consent letter from Applicant's spouse
3. Spouse property documents in Nigeria and Survey Plan
4. Tenancy agreement documents
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 22, 2022
Filanodivine:

Congratulations
Congratulations, I think IELTS and MBS of 12 months have played a major role in the early approval. Most people that got early approval submitted IELTS. I think NSE is still available to Nigerian applicants.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Marytess(f): 2:08pm On Apr 22, 2022
Please does anyone know school still open for fall intake in any program. Masters or postgraduate diploma. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Countryhard099: 2:29pm On Apr 22, 2022
Good afternoon everyone. Pls I got admitted to the university of Regina and the agent my dad that’s contracted to do this from the start asked me what course I want and I said medicine. But when admission came out this is what I saw.
The confusion right now is he said I should write SOP but right now I’m confused on what to write SOP on if I’m writing it on Premed or kinesiology and health studies.
I finished secondary school last year and I’m 20 yrs old

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omiinii: 2:31pm On Apr 22, 2022
Guy them charge me 21k.
When did you submit for stamping?
DestinationCann:
Thanks, that's the fee.
DHL charged #16,800 for 2 way courier.

This jaapa thing is not for the financially weak oo.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Iamgrac: 2:42pm On Apr 22, 2022
Good afternoon everyone,

So got an admission at centennial college which I need to pay a deposit of 2650 dollars.
I have someone who can help me pay in Canada but I don't know how to go about it, please I really need any help I can get, as time is no longer on my side.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teejaymagic: 2:46pm On Apr 22, 2022
Good afternoon house.. I just got admission into university of canada west.. (MBA).. I will appreciate if anyone can put me through on how to go about the processing..documents that i need to package with my application.... Thank you..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by DestinationCann: 2:46pm On Apr 22, 2022
21k?
Hahhhh.

I submitted today. It was #16,600 and I was given return tracking number sef .

Which DHL office did you go to? Did you pay transmission fee?

Omiinii:
Guy them charge me 21k.
When did you submit for stamping?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by DestinationCann: 2:47pm On Apr 22, 2022
May God bless all our efforts with success.
I sent to Lagos not Abuja though. Is it still 4-5 working days?

CentennialGuy:

Yeah, it isn't. The upside is you get your passport back within 4 to 5 working days.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by francisxbee: 2:49pm On Apr 22, 2022
NSE19:
Good afternoon Nairalanders and Gurus in the house.

I just searched for my parents company name on the CAC website and it shows that it is inactive. I have researched all the steps to activate it and we would need to have audited financial statements. (this one is a long shot o). The business which is a shop in lagos market is still running but without solid books

Kindly advise if there is need to reactivate on CAC website.
If the company has a Bank Account under its name that has been active, then there's no need for any reactivation. Just show bank statement of company account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by WarriBrandChic: 2:54pm On Apr 22, 2022
LANDING GIST
Thanks to everyone on this platform for making this journey a reality, all informations shared are truly appreciated.

LAGOS TO CALGARY

I flew KLM on the 20th with stopover at Amsterdam. Flight was for 10pm. Got to the airport 6pm and was done with check-in by 7pm. Documents checked were just intl passport, arrive CAN and covid vaccination card. Said my goodbyes to family around 8pm and proceeded to gate.

Boarded aircraft 9:50pm. Flight was smooth, was so tired so couldn't watch movies available. Just ate and slept. Food was just there, nothing special, can't even be compared to Emirates. Touched down AMS 30mins earlier than scheduled landing then had 6hrs+ layover.

At AMS, document check was only intl passport and arrive can receipt. Boarded the flight, continued my sleep, ate and binged watched movies. Again food wasn't all that, snacks was OK though. Flight was for 8hrs and landed safely at YYC.

Proceeded to the self service machine which was pretty straight forward then joined the short queue for immigration. Thankfully, it was just our flight that landed at the time so it wasn't so rowdy. Was my turn at immigration and only self service ticket, vaccination card and intl passport was requested. Was asked about food and cash and I declared all. Cash was above 10kUSD but it wasn't checked. For food, immigration wanted to be sure there was no milk/diary product or meat products. I declared Mt stock fish and spices but bag wasn't checked. For vaccine card, my name was written at the back and not front of the card (No thanks to the health worker that registered me in 9ja) so immigration was skeptical and requested I take a covid test on site. All this was done in 5mins or less.

Picked my bags and proceeded to another area to get study permit and boy the queue was long with just one officer readily present. PS, I was the only 9ja waiting for SP, 98% were indians. Waited 3hrs to get to my turn. I was asked for only intl passport and my Letter of Introduction from Ircc. When it was ready, I checked right there for mistakes on the SP but still missed a vital one, expiry date of permit.

I deferred admission and sent updated LOA when I received PPR but the TRV came with old LOA end date. I was going to get it sorted with SP at point of entry but forgot. PLEASE GURUS, KINDLY ADVISE ON HOW TO RECTIFY THIS.

After collecting my SP, proceeded to exit for the Covid on arrival test. Thank God it was a surface swab and not too deep in my nostrils because i have never been a fan of that test. I was done in 2mins+ because I pre-registered with switch health. Left the airport after this and proceeded to my Airbnb.

PLEASE I'M STILL SEARCHING FOR ACCOMMODATION IN NORTHWEST CALGARY, PREFERABLY VARSITY AND BRENTWOOD AREA. Been checking Facebook market place, rentfaster and kijiji. KINDLY CONTACT IF YOU CAN ASSIST. Thank you

38 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kweje: 2:56pm On Apr 22, 2022
Omiinii:
Good day guys, I had to settle to write this because I started my journey here and will finally end it here as well. I recently received my passport request on 21/04/2022.

Congratulations. We rejoice with you. Enjoy the land of Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by simplysam007: 2:58pm On Apr 22, 2022
Let’s use this as comic relief

Congratulations to everyone that got their PPR and we waiting It will end in praise

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kweje: 3:02pm On Apr 22, 2022
Countryhard099:
Good afternoon everyone. Pls I got admitted to the university of Regina and the agent my dad that’s contracted to do this from the start asked me what course I want and I said medicine. But when admission came out this is what I saw.
The confusion right now is he said I should write SOP but right now I’m confused on what to write SOP on if I’m writing it on Premed or kinesiology and health studies.
I finished secondary school last year and I’m 20 yrs old

Congratulations on your admission.
To study Medicine in Canada, you have to do a 4 year BSc program before medical school. That is what you have been admitted into.

You will write your SOP on Pre Med.
Kinesiology n Health is the faculty under which your course falls under.

To help you with some content for your SOP, please go to the University website, and read up on your course and course contents. It will help you paint a good picture of what you are going for.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kweje: 3:07pm On Apr 22, 2022
Thank God for a smooth journey.
May the land favour you on all sides.
WarriBrandChic:
LANDING GIST
Thanks to everyone on this platform for making this journey a reality, all informations shared are truly appreciated.

LAGOS TO CALGARY

I flew KLM on the 20th with stopover at Amsterdam. Flight was for 10pm.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 3:31pm On Apr 22, 2022
Marytess:
Please does anyone know school still open for fall intake in any program. Masters or postgraduate diploma. Thanks

Memorial University

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by KellyKk: 3:32pm On Apr 22, 2022
NSE19:
Good afternoon Nairalanders and Gurus in the house.

I just searched for my parents company name on the CAC website and it shows that it is inactive. I have researched all the steps to activate it and we would need to have audited financial statements. (this one is a long shot o). The business which is a shop in lagos market is still running but without solid books

Kindly advise if there is need to reactivate on CAC website.

Secondly,
If I pay my fees before study permit application, do I need to show the Statement of Account my fees was paid from??

Please nairalanders and gurus, kindly treat as urgent

I submitted CAC that was inactive too , and my eligibility is passed already, so no qualms with that

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.