Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (441) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (909345 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Juicy7: 9:54am On Apr 27, 2022
Hello everyone
Is it advisable to travel by June when your class start by September?
I hope I won't face any problem at the lagos airport cuz I heard they have wahala
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by iykedpetes(m): 10:10am On Apr 27, 2022
I was thinking of booking a flight for next month but they are weigh more expensive ..but the only one that look cheap is the once with 2 layover ..so its advisable to go for the 2layover ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Muzansama: 10:43am On Apr 27, 2022
Thanks. will Uk accept?
Frankrobbn1:

I regret to hear that you've been found inadmissible to Canada for a period of five (5) years. You can certainly try applying for a visa to any of the European countries, you would be accepted!

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Myki007: 10:46am On Apr 27, 2022
Good morning all, please I'm getting divided opinions about carrying palm oil while travelling to Canada. Please those of us who travelled recently, were you able to carry palm oil, if yes kindly tell me how. Thanks for your feedback.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by JapaSTUDY: 10:49am On Apr 27, 2022
I'm planning to further my education in Canada and j don't know where to start from. Your advices and guides will really be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 10:56am On Apr 27, 2022
JapaSTUDY:
I'm planning to further my education in Canada and j don't know where to start from. Your advices and guides will really be appreciated.
State your level of education, grade, years of work experience and job description so that you can get better responses.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by JapaSTUDY: 10:58am On Apr 27, 2022
Toceen2022:

State your level of education, grade, years of work experience and job description so that you can get better responses.
I graduated from a public University last year.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by buckyfof(m): 11:02am On Apr 27, 2022
My application has been on application profile/updated which is ghost update for 3 days on a row.

Is this normal

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 11:08am On Apr 27, 2022
Please, for those that got Mpower loan, how did you structure your SOP under POF? Do someone need to explain reasons for taking a loan and how it will be paid and the number of years? Or attaching the MPower approval loan letter is enough?

kuze1, ifeks216, JosephYemsol, Amicableoga, lushk.
Please I need your input as your visa applications were approved with Mpower. Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 11:12am On Apr 27, 2022
JapaSTUDY:

I graduated from a public University last year.
Course
Grade
Any work experience (even if it's NYSC)

All these things will determine the program that'll best fit your application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by JapaSTUDY: 11:18am On Apr 27, 2022
Toceen2022:

Course
Grade
Any work experience (even if it's NYSC)

All these things will determine the program that'll best fit your application.
I studied Architecture and i graduated with Second Class (Lower Division)

Siwes is the main work experience I have at the moment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Msveev: 11:47am On Apr 27, 2022
Has anyone gotten admission letter from Cambrian college for 2022 fall semester?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Pasterlo: 11:58am On Apr 27, 2022
Hello everyone, please I need your advice. my study visa has been approved for the September start date (Niagara College). The due date for tuition is the first of June, please is it possible to extend this date to the end of July? How can I convince them to extend the date? Thank you so much.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by amila20042001: 12:01pm On Apr 27, 2022
Please how much were you charged for the police character cert?

DestinationCann:
Congratulations on your admission.

Are you going to UNB Saint John?

1) +234 816 249 9050 works in Alagbon and she did mine via WhatsApp. I got it same day. All you need is stamp ink for thumbprinting, scanner to scan document back to her after completion.

2) Don't move money around, submit both accounts and explain your sources of income on both accounts.

3) I think the new portal has an option to pick "yes" to a particular question if your husband will eventually come with you to Canada even if you aren't applying for him ATM.

My suggestion about his passport is this: try to see how you can fast track it and if it becomes impossible, apply for your child while you start in your SOP that he'll come later.

In all that you do, do not forget to have a strong home tie in your SOP considering you plan to go with your immediate family.

Wishing you the best in your application.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 12:03pm On Apr 27, 2022
Zobspecial:
Pls a b.sc holder recently finished master program in biochemistry but has a 10yrs working experience in customer service what study course is best suited to apply for. Thank you

Based on your post, you have two choices here

Either you go for a PHD in a Biochemistry related Field in which you stand a Chance of getting a Fully-funded Offer (scholarship) on by a Prof. who finds you fit for his Research

or

You go for a Customer Service related PG. CERT program at a College e.g Public Relations, Human Resource Management

The choice is yours

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by JapaSTUDY: 12:05pm On Apr 27, 2022
Pasterlo:
Hello everyone, please I need your advice. my study visa has been approved for the September start date (Niagara College). The due date for tuition is the first of June, please is it possible to extend this date to the end of July? How can I convince them to extend the date? Thank you so much.
Please how were you able to process the study visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 12:08pm On Apr 27, 2022
JapaSTUDY:

The Minimum requirement for Masters in Canada is a 2.1

Focus on an Architecture related PG. CERT program at a college

Read the contents in the link below, as an Architecture graduate you should find it useful

https://www.nairaland.com/6719291/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/31#105321173

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by RuggedArab: 12:09pm On Apr 27, 2022
Hi @Frankrobbn1 @Toceen and any kind person,

I need your candid inputs;

Background (Education) -
- B.Tech, Computer Engineering (2:1), 2012
- M.Tech, Electrical Engineering, 2019

Working experience -
- NYSC - worked as IT Team Lead, 2013 - 2014
- Senior Credit Officer with a finance firm (2014 - till date)
- core job roles - Granting credit facilities (loans/leases)

I am shifting my career towards - Financial Engineering/ Data Analytics. A bit worried because I am yet to see schools offering financial engineering in CA yet but, I have seen Data Analytics. Considering that I have not really used my both degrees on my current job (I still cover up as the branch IT officer but not my core job role) what do you suggest since the VO would want to tie my visa study permit when looking at my files with current job role regarding visa approvals as against what I would be studying.

NB- looking for a minimum of 12 - 18 months program. I do not have strength for PhD

funding:
- I'll do 70%, my bro will do 30%

Home ties:
- I have a job
- landed properties
- Pension account
- running business with MTN Nig Ltd ( I have their facility installed in my property for a long time lease agreement)

visa refusal:
- Visiting Visa (Dec, 2021). denied because no travel history, no bank statement & home ties. I was suppose to take my mom visiting for the holiday to see my bro in CA. Mom's VV was approved.

- responded to them on the issues raised, submitted my bank statements covering all my expenses plus all the homes ties documents stated above plus letter from my employer, yet it returned denied because 'no home ties''. I am waiting for the GCMS note to know the VO's real reason, maybe because I am single but I no kill person grin

Awaiting your response(s)

Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by toriomo: 12:12pm On Apr 27, 2022
Foski01:
Hi guys.

Thanks again for the info shared on here by everyone who made an attempt help.

I just completed my 1st semester in conestoga college, Waterloo. Time to find work before another semester begins.

It's been pretty challenging. Lonely too, but it will all make sense.

If you're coming this way and you need info, I can assist as much as I know.

If anyone knows any watsapp group or telegram group for Nigerians in Canada pls direct me.

Thanks.
I’m interested please

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by JapaSTUDY: 12:13pm On Apr 27, 2022
Lekiboboe:

Is this really advisable?

Lekiboboe:

Read the contents in the link below, as an Architecture graduate you should find it useful
I can't see any content like you described sir.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by DestinationCann: 12:17pm On Apr 27, 2022

amila20042001:
Please how much were you charged for the police character cert?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 12:32pm On Apr 27, 2022
JapaSTUDY:

Advisable?

It's just an academic progression you will likely follow eventually if you want to study in Canada since you don't have a 2.1 that can make you eligible to apply for a Masters. In a Nutshell, it is advisable

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 12:32pm On Apr 27, 2022
JapaSTUDY:

Guess it's a network glitch, re-check the post again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 12:40pm On Apr 27, 2022
buckyfof:
My application has been on application profile/updated which is ghost update for 3 days on a row.

Is this normal

cheesy grin grin grin i never see that kind thing before. IRCC no go kill us. Wetin be theee days ghost update.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by JapaSTUDY: 12:40pm On Apr 27, 2022
Lekiboboe:

Advisable?

It's just an academic progression you will likely follow eventually if you want to study in Canada since you don't have a 2.1 that can make you eligible to apply for a Masters. In a Nutshell, it is advisable
You mean I'll do that before I can apply for masters?
Lekiboboe:

Guess it's a network glitch, re-check the post again
alright, thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by JapaSTUDY: 12:42pm On Apr 27, 2022
Lekiboboe:

The Minimum requirement for Masters in Canada is a 2.1

https://www.nairaland.com/6719291/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/31#105321173

I can now see the link and I really appreciate it. Thanks a lot sir.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by toriomo: 12:44pm On Apr 27, 2022
bullstriker:
Let me know if you need assistance applying to any of these schools.

Seneca College
Graduate Certificate - International Business Management
TUITION FEE$15,559.00 CAD

Humber college
Graduate Certificate - Global Business Management
TUITION FEE$16,071.00 CAD

Conestoga College
Graduate Certificate - Business Development and Sales
TUITION FEE$14,500.00 CAD

Conestoga College
Graduate Certificate - Administrative Business Management
TUITION FEE$14,500.00 CAD

I’m interested please. How can I contact you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Donkunxex(m): 12:45pm On Apr 27, 2022
Calmdancer21:
I really appreciate you all for taking time and answering my questions please how much USD maximum can I travel with me without breaking any rules considering USD to CAD conversation rate.
Please is urgent thank you

10k cad in usd. I travelled with more by mistake ( didn’t do the math well) but please Travel with less. I didn’t declare it so. I don’t know about others though. And Again, do not exchange it at the airport. The rate I got at Toronto airport is a ripoff. I only converted a few.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Donkunxex(m): 12:48pm On Apr 27, 2022
CentennialGuy:

Landing gist?

Will try to compose it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 12:51pm On Apr 27, 2022
JapaSTUDY:

You mean I'll do that before I can apply for masters?
alright, thanks

Probably....

The thing is ,Canada don't really care about Degrees (degree don't count) it's your skill set, work experience they want, and a PG. Cert program at a college will offer you that cos you will be taught industry-based, hands-on Experience concepts that will e required by most firms, companies. You will be taught very little theory.

In terms of Job in Canada, they hire more College graduates for Jobs than those with Masters, PHD

Watch this YouTube video from the beginning to the end, you will find it very useful useful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0YlD2MU010

Await more contributions from other members of this platform

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by buckyfof(m): 12:53pm On Apr 27, 2022
Teemenzo:

cheesy grin grin grin i never see that kind thing before. IRCC no go kill us. Wetin be theee days ghost update.

I swear bro
Since Monday
Every day I open my portal, it shows application profile/update
Today makes it the 3rd day lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 12:55pm On Apr 27, 2022
JapaSTUDY:

I heard the likes of BIM (Building Information Modeling) is trending for you guys in Architecture, Urban and Regional Planning, Civil Engineering.

That being said, you might also want to consider the following programs

PG. Cert, Building Information Modelling Lifescycle Management
Algonquin College, Ontario
https://www.algonquincollege.com/acce/program/building-information-modeling-lifecycle-management/

PG. Cert, Environmental Building Sciences
Conestoga College, Ontario
https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/environmental-building-sciences/Description?id=22155

PG. Cert, Construction Management
Conestoga College, Ontario
https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/construction-management/description?id=22589

Good luck

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.