Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,999 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (487) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (903440 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Afolavid: 8:59pm On May 09, 2022
Beautifulchy:
Please I need a review on Camosun college for Civil Engineering Technology , Also with the diploma certificate and Bsc from Nigeria,can I go for Masters later?
Fanshawe seems to be a long process to apply. The agent I contacted from the school list said I should pay $300.

Regardless of the school you're applying to, stick to Applyboard, they are unarguably the best admission processing organization out there. They won't charge you nothing, you're only required to pay Application fees for the school(s) you're applying to, if at all you'll be asked to pay. With Applyboard, you'll even get application fee discounts unlike applying directly to schools yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by pareeHot: 9:01pm On May 09, 2022
HELLO PEOPLE. PLEASE HELP MY MOTHER SENT HER PASSPORT TO VFH THROUGH DHL, I WAS ABLE TO TRACK IT, AND ITS BEEN DELIVERED, VISA STAMPED WITH DATES. HOWEVER ITS BEEN 3WEEKS PLUS NOW AND SHE HASN'T RECEIVE THE PASSPORT BACK.

PLEASE, IS THERE A NUMBER TO CALL OR SOMETHING? PLEASE HELP. MY SISTER IS HEAVILY PREGNANT; IT'S HER FIRST PREGNANCY. WE HAVE NO ONE HERE IN CANADA. ALL EFFORT TO CONTACT VFHS THROUGH THEIR WEBSITE IS NOT WORKING

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Afolavid: 9:04pm On May 09, 2022
Big Congratulations to those that got PPR today. We're expecting more PPRs this week.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 9:12pm On May 09, 2022
Congratulations
Olacherry:

What God cannot do does not exist! I can’t handle this feeling… it’s over the moon!
At last, my PPR has landed! To God be all the glory!
I’ll be back with my full gist�
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Beautifulchy: 9:20pm On May 09, 2022
Afolavid:

Regardless of the school you're applying to, stick to Applyboard, they are unarguably the best admission processing organization out there. They won't charge you nothing, you're only required to pay Application fees for the school(s) you're applying to, if at all you'll be asked to pay. With Applyboard, you'll even get application fee discounts unlike applying directly to schools yourself.

Please what's the requirements of applyboard? I think I saw somewhere that you will have IELT thou not sure
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Iamgrac: 9:29pm On May 09, 2022
The way this man was explaining it, I'd have thought it was something all that serious
I sent you a mail can you please respond to it
Toceen2022:

LOL..
50k bawo.
With just 10k you can activate it. I did mine 8k, the person collect 2k. Although, it's not necessary for study permit, but if you wish, you can do it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Beautifulchy: 9:30pm On May 09, 2022
Afolavid:

Please how do I apply using Applyboard?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Iamgrac: 9:31pm On May 09, 2022
Below is the link to the website I used to search for the business name
https://search.cac.gov.ng/home
Osemigho:

If you want to reactive it for study permit, you don't have to. The CAC document is the only thing you need and the main verification point, one government website like that, does not show whether is it active or not. Na those third party site dey carry am for head. I wonder how they got that information sef.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chuksiesmom: 9:32pm On May 09, 2022
Congratulations...may the land favour you.

Ebonieblack:
Its PPR guys....

Submitted application on the 23rd of October 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Creativeowos: 9:32pm On May 09, 2022
Papapa1234:
Feb here too..Eligibility hasn't started too...I messaged a MP last month and they said only Criminality passed..Definitely, passed the processing time..start sending them emails

Please am sorry for asking this silly question, someone z actually processing my application on my behalf and i don't have access to my portal at all, i completed my application since February and have done upfront medicals since December. Is it possible for me to also be sending them mails evn without having my login details
Secondly, how can i send them mails?,
Thirdly, the response from the mails will I be the one to get it or the mail that was registered during my application?

Anyone can respond and i will really appreciate it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by canada2022: 9:33pm On May 09, 2022
Nwachinemelu226:
Hello everyone,

Please I recently applied for my study permit, April 19 to be precise. Got biometric request same day and just did upfront medicals today. As at last week, my eligibility hadn't started but just noticed today that it has started. Is this the usual timeline of things and does anyone know how long the eligibility takes now?

please how did you know your eligibility has started? i applied same period with you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Creativeowos: 9:34pm On May 09, 2022
Olacherry:

What God cannot do does not exist! I can’t handle this feeling… it’s over the moon!
At last, my PPR has landed! To God be all the glory!
I’ll be back with my full gist�

So happy for you. Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Afolavid: 9:36pm On May 09, 2022
Beautifulchy:

Please what's the requirements of applyboard? I think I saw somewhere that you will have IELT thou not sure

Applyboard doesn't have ANY requirements. It's the schools you're applying to, that have requirements. Visit www.applyboard.com and create an account, after doing that, fill your profile and choose the programs/schools you're interested in. The admission requirements of the school(s) will be shown on the program application page. Just start by creating an account first, you'll get it from there.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by canada2022: 9:36pm On May 09, 2022
Creativeowos:

Please am sorry for asking this silly question, someone z actually processing my application on my behalf and i don't have access to my portal at all, i completed my application since February and have done upfront medicals since December. Is it possible for me to also be sending them mails evn without having my login details
Secondly, how can i send them mails?,
Thirdly, the response from the mails will I be the one to get it or the mail that was registered during my application?

Anyone can respond and i will really appreciate it

please collect the login details from the person and check. Is your right ok...no mind some agents.... login and check for yourself before sending mails to them

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Belxsz: 9:38pm On May 09, 2022
Congratulations
Ebonieblack:
long post alert!!!!!!

This is my second application.
I submitted the first application on May 15, 2021 using an RCIC consultant
upfront medicals May 19,2021
biometrics May 25th, 2021
got a refusal on the 9th of September 2021 after I had resumed school online. my heart sank and i managed to finish the semester full of anxiety. The goodnews was that the consultant reapplied for me free of charge and even paid for the visa fee, I count this a miracle.
The reasons were purpose of visit and financial/assets.
I have a background in civil Engineering but was moving to computing and Information systems Technology.
I also got an Applyboard scholarship for women in STEM 2021 of 15k which I couldn't include at the time because the day the documentation was sent to me, was the day I got the refusal.
I however continued my studies and ordered my GCMS the same day thinking it will arrive in time(i got it in December 2021) so I could reapply and get decision before the beginning of the winter semester 2022.

To my utmost disappointment, i waited till the 23rd of October and decided to address the concerns the best way i knew with the information i gathered here. i had an unexplained lump sum in the other application and my SOP wasn't well written. so i worked on my SOP again , included the scholarship, an affidavit of support from my husband who is also my co-sponsor and paid an extra 10kCAD into my student account. at the end of the semester i sent my transcript via webform and the waiting began...

i registered for winter semester hoping that i will get a response before then or even defer my admission if it didn't come. when the semester was to begin BC went back in person and i couldn't continue studying so i requested for a deferral but was shocked to hear that i couldn't defer as a continuing student and i am not allowed a study leave grin . At that point i lost hope because i was advised to withdraw from all my courses since i wasn't on ground (i had missed the deadline for dropping courses and getting a 100% refund) and i got only 50% of the tuition i paid back. The winter semester began and ended and i hadn't gotten a decision yet.

I cried, fasted and prayed then got to a place i did nothing. i sent mailssssssssssssss and webforms which got no response at all. contacted MP s, Sean Fraser and everyone i could but nothing happened. i then decided to go back to my normal life and let God do His thing. and today i got the news...... (my school resumed today and i withdrew from all my courses last night so as not to risk my 50% tuition again)

God who did it for me will do it for everyone in line for this goodnews. especially people that applied since October

Documents submitted
university degree certificate
WAEC and NECO results including scratch card details
passport photo page
resume
consent form
Student account summary by term ( paid for the semester in full and had an extra 10k)
husband's employment letter
my employment letter
my statement of account
husband's statement of account
change of name
marriage certificate
Police character certificate
upfront medical sheet

....these are the once i remember as i had given the consultant all the documents at a go and it was a year ago

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Beautifulchy: 9:39pm On May 09, 2022
Afolavid:

Applyboard doesn't have ANY requirements. It's the schools you're applying to, that have requirements. Visit www.applyboard.com and create an account, after doing that, fill your profile and choose the programs/schools you're interested in. The admission requirements of the school(s) will be shown on the program application page. Just start by creating an account first, you'll get it from there.
Okay thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lani84: 9:45pm On May 09, 2022
Hi, feel free to DM me, I will help you review it.

Uzoamaka123:
Please who can help me review my sop . Pretty please � .
Just want to be sure I’m on track.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Creativeowos: 9:51pm On May 09, 2022
Ebonieblack:
Its PPR guys....

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 9:52pm On May 09, 2022
Congratulations to all those that received their PPRs..

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Osemigho: 9:58pm On May 09, 2022
Sam796476:

Thank you Osemigbo, should this lumpsum be explained by my sponsor and I simultaneously, or just he alone in his letter of sponsorship.

He also has a regular source of income, he earns close to 600k per month and the sitting balance in his salary account is about 8 million naira. Is this enough to show as proof of funds with 10 million lumpsum.
1) My first year tuition fee is 17,000 CAD + living expenses of 10,000 CAD and an additional miscellaneous fee of 2,000 CAD
2) I have paid my first semester tuition fee and my sponsor will indicate in the letter of sponsorship that he would complete the payment if his study permit is granted.
3) My program duration is 3 years.

You and or your sponsor can explain the lumpsum briefly. Everything seems okay except for your first year. The visa officer may question your second and third year. 600k naira a month is not sufficient for your second and third year expenses.

What other commitments does your sponsor have? What commitment does your sponsor have or have made owards your past or proposed education? How does your sponsor plan to continue to pay for the second and third year?

Show the person(s) can afford the whole program with evidence. This is where sources and amount of income comes to play when you are not self-sponsoring. Then show your relationship with your sponsor.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ANGELAREE: 10:04pm On May 09, 2022
Good evening everyone
Who here knows anything about Keyano college or Alberta in general. I’m stuck between choosing Alberta or Ontario
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Osemigho: 10:13pm On May 09, 2022
pareeHot:
HELLO PEOPLE. PLEASE HELP MY MOTHER SENT HER PASSPORT TO VFH THROUGH DHL, I WAS ABLE TO TRACK IT, AND ITS BEEN DELIVERED, VISA STAMPED WITH DATES. HOWEVER ITS BEEN 3WEEKS PLUS NOW AND SHE HASN'T RECEIVE THE PASSPORT BACK.

PLEASE, IS THERE A NUMBER TO CALL OR SOMETHING? PLEASE HELP. MY SISTER IS HEAVILY PREGNANT; IT'S HER FIRST PREGNANCY. WE HAVE NO ONE HERE IN CANADA. ALL EFFORT TO CONTACT VFHS THROUGH THEIR WEBSITE IS NOT WORKING

THANKS IN ADVANCE

If you are 100% sure your passport is hanging at the VFS office after visa stamping and return from embassy, Google VFS global international contact and send an email to them copying the vfs center you sent it to. The international office usually respond very fast to emails. Once the local one see the complaint and acknowledgement by their international office, they go to work instantly.

Last time someone I know try am, LagosVFS released a passport they were holding for over a week within few hours. In fact, the applicant sent the email when they were closed. They called the applicant 7am in the morning that they were sorry and sending the passport immediately.

I hope it works for you. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Osemigho: 10:22pm On May 09, 2022
ANGELAREE:
Good evening everyone
Who here knows anything about Keyano college or Alberta in general. I’m stuck between choosing Alberta or Ontario

You can see the college reviews here: https://www.ratemyprofessors.com/campusRatings.jsp?sid=1552

A lot of immigrants and citizens are moving from Toronto (Ontario) and Vancouver (BC) to Alberta because of high cost of renting or buying in those places. The job market in Alberta is also improving as oil price and remote work increases. However, international students will generally have more education and job opportunities in Ontario.

Last last, na where you get admission, and if you get visa, will determine where you go as an international student in Canada. You can, however, be deliberate about which school or program you apply to based on your province of interest. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by vividlooks(f): 10:35pm On May 09, 2022
Nwachinemelu226:
Hello everyone,

Please I recently applied for my study permit, April 19 to be precise. Got biometric request same day and just did upfront medicals today. As at last week, my eligibility hadn't started but just noticed today that it has started. Is this the usual timeline of things and does anyone know how long the eligibility takes now?

Great!

Eligibility hasn't even begun for most of us that applied months before. So, remain positive.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ANGELAREE: 10:46pm On May 09, 2022
Osemigho:

You can see the college reviews here: https://www.ratemyprofessors.com/campusRatings.jsp?sid=1552

A lot of immigrants and citizens are moving from Toronto (Ontario) and Vancouver (BC) to Alberta because of high cost of renting or buying in those places. The job market in Alberta is also improving as oil price and remote work increases. However, international students will generally have more education and job opportunities in Ontario.

Last last, na where you get admission, and if you get visa, will determine where you go as an international student in Canada. You can, however, be deliberate about which school or program you apply to based on your province of interest. All the best.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by canada2022: 10:58pm On May 09, 2022
Nwachinemelu226:

My application now says-- ◦We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

As at last week it was- they will let me know when they begin reviewing my eligibility.

Thanks.

Ok great. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Belle110: 10:59pm On May 09, 2022
Ebonieblack:
Its PPR guys....

Wow, congratsss. That was a long wait and I’m happy you got it!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Julmbachu: 11:01pm On May 09, 2022
Good evening House,
I’m a first time applicant & I was rejected last week. But I already ordered my GCMS notes before the rejection came. Attached is the note pls advise me on how to repackage and fire again. @makano @ketima @frankrobbn1, @Anon123 & other gurus in the house. Pls your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Pandasofire(m): 11:09pm On May 09, 2022
I accepted the loan offer
But didn't get any support letter
I only got a mail confirming I accepted the loan
ItsFolake:
Hi Themmiee21,

This is the procedure:

1. Google MPOWER Financing.
2. Select the 'Schools we support' link. Here, check if the school you've been admitted to is on the list. They support 25 Universities in Canada only, the rest are US schools.
3. If your school is Present, select "check your eligibility to start"
4. Answer the questions asked accordingly.
5. For the 'Loan amount requested part' - You can qualify for up to Usd 50,000 for a whole academic year i.e 2022/2023. The lifetime amount one can borrow is Usd 100,000 because you can only apply for the loan if you have 2 years in your studies i.e *Undergraduate(the last 2 years of your studies)* and Postgraduate (The entire two years of your course - that is if your PGD/Masters is two years).
6. If you are eligible, you can select 'Continue with the application'. If not, you're allowed to check another school.
7. If you continue with your application, answer all the questions that they will ask you.
8. At this point, if you qualify, you'll get a conditional offer(a letter).
9. Go ahead and upload the documents they have requested so that they can verify your offer and get final loan approval.
10. Once approved and you accept your offer, they will send you a document indicating the terms of your loan.
11. Now, this document is key, you will use it in your Canadian visa application. Upload it under your proof of funds when doing your student permit application. MPOWER Financing terms it as a 'Visa Support Letter'.
12. Wait for feedback from IRCC. If IRCC approves your application, upload your Letter Of Introduction and Approved IMM1294e to your MPOWER Financing dashboard.
13. Once you get to this stage, MPOWER Financing will guide you through the remaining steps of your MPOWER loan application process, until the funds are disbursed to your school.

Kindly note:
This is generally the process taken in your application. Do your due diligence in the whole matter. There are applicants in the previous threads that have had their visa approved with MPOWER Financing, if you wish, you can reach out to them. MPOWER Financing has a great relationship/customer service team, that can answer any pressing or subsequent personal questions that you may have, don't be afraid to reach out to them(if you so wish).

When those who've gotten their PPR are encouraged to submit their timelines and the documents they submitted, please oblige to this 'small request'[i][/i]. It really comes handy for those who wish to follow the same path, especially for those who need to use this student/educational loans.

If anyone else has more information related to this, please feel free to contribute to the conversation.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by shinaxurdick: 11:32pm On May 09, 2022
Pandasofire:
I accepted the loan offer
But didn't get any support letter
I only got a mail confirming I accepted the loan
this is my plan bro and I just applied.. i want to ask am applying for 2 years diploma ..hope my loan application will be granted...and also the procedure of the diploma application according to the school is to apply for bachelor degree which is 4 years then you opt-out when you are done with the 2 years as a diploma ...how do I explain this and make te loan company understand I will be graduating after 2 years.. YOUR EXPLANATION WILL GO A LONG WAY .. PLEASE

(1) (2) (3) ... (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) ... (920)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.