Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,349 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (909378 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 1:48pm On May 10, 2022
Jenny255:
Hello everyone, please I need your input. The gurus in the house, please help me.
My dad is my sponsor and he has a business he has been operating since 1994, the business was duly registered with CAC in 1994 and he has all the documents relating to the registration including payment receipt. This is the business he owns till date and the same business that will be sponsoring my education.
My question is this, I tried searching the name on CAC website and it is not coming up.
Please what do I do?
Please note: * It is not showing at all, not that it is inactive
*Also the CAC certificate is quite different from what we have today, I mean in colour, format and in design.

Should I still submit the CAC documents like that?
@makano @anon123 @justwise @frankrobbn1
Anyone that has an input should help out, I need to figure out what to do, Thank you in advance

This shouldnt be a problem as long as you explain this instead of trying to register again.

The CAC has the section for board of Directors.

It should suffice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 1:51pm On May 10, 2022
Timonline:
Hello House, please I'm stuck in a limbo In my study permit journey,by February this year I got invited for medicals by ircc which I passed the medical examination. By march the information on my profile page was updated to "you passed the medical exam". Since then I haven't gotten any feedback from ircc, I have written a lot of webforms to the ircc to know the progress and status of my application but I only get an automated response. Please what should I do, this situation is affecting me mentally, I even had to defer my admission again to fall semester to wait for any news from ircc. Please your inputs and suggestions will be welcomed.

Same situation for everybody else.

You just have to reach out to MPs and maintain the email sending to IRCC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by JustMellow: 1:51pm On May 10, 2022
aizebe:

Not sure, the public policy case will work for her here. If I understand what Ehiremen said. She goes in and out of canada frequently.

If the mother applied for work permit, she has to be in canada for that period she is waiting.

Hello Aizebe,

Thank you for your contribution. The first paragraph of my post agreed with your opening statement whilst the second paragraph conveyed my suggestion/opinion. Check.

One Love!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by JustMellow: 1:55pm On May 10, 2022
danielak1:
Please my sponsor which is my mum has about two bank accounts she intends to use for my proof of funds. Please is this advisable?

Hello Danielak1,

There is no harm in presenting two financial statements. Kindly try as possible to avoid term deposits.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by JustMellow: 1:58pm On May 10, 2022
Jenny255:
Hello everyone, please I need your input. The gurus in the house, please help me.
My dad is my sponsor and he has a business he has been operating since 1994, the business was duly registered with CAC in 1994 and he has all the documents relating to the registration including payment receipt. This is the business he owns till date and the same business that will be sponsoring my education.
My question is this, I tried searching the name on CAC website and it is not coming up.
Please what do I do?
Please note: * It is not showing at all, not that it is inactive
*Also the CAC certificate is quite different from what we have today, I mean in colour, format and in design.

Should I still submit the CAC documents like that?
@makano @anon123 @justwise @frankrobbn1
Anyone that has an input should help out, I need to figure out what to do, Thank you in advance

Hello Jenny255,

This is not an issue.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by amila20042001: 2:04pm On May 10, 2022
What if you have already paid part of the tuition, will you remove it from the total tuition fee, and key in the remaining tuition fee and LE?

JustMellow:

Hello Gascoigne462,

There is no one way to fill out the section. Input funds for the first year if you don't have the sufficient amount that can cover 2 years of study. The IMM 1294e form can be signed digitally by entering your full name as shown in your PP. You can digitally date the IMM 5645e form only in the section that applies to you.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by onwosuigbo: 2:04pm On May 10, 2022
Thank you for all the posts so far. Please i have a few questions to ask

1. if the amount you need for both tuition and upkeep for a year is 10m, and you have 12.5m sitting in your account; will this suffice for the application?

2. Is there a minimum duration you need to have had the money in your account before applying?

3. Please is my understand of the follow accurate:
Go and get police clearance and put other documents together >> Create an account on IRCC website and upload the documents >> at the prompt of the embassy, you go and do medicals >> at their prompt, you go and get biometrics capture >> you wait for their feedback (what i think you call PRR) ie visa. Is this accurate?
i am not clear on the flow. I often get confused as to whether one needs to just go to a designated hospital and do the medicals and submit it along with all documentations without the prompt of the embassy

Finally; are there any more documents to add to the list i have compiled thus far:
Intl Passport
Proof of funds
Properties evidence
Police clearance
Pensions statement
Letter of intro by employer
Statement of Interest/explanation
Passport photo
Birth certificate
Univ documents
Admission letters/letter of acceptance
Anything that will tie you to naija like family pictures and marriage certificate
Medical report
Pay slip
IELTS score
Siblings in naija - pictures
Reference letter from church
Reference letter from association/NGO
Covid card
Resume

Thank you in anticipation of your support and response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Priceless25: 2:05pm On May 10, 2022
@Anon123..It's Canadian dollars, will try and increase it like you said.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by JustMellow: 2:07pm On May 10, 2022
amila20042001:
What if you have already paid part of the tuition, will you remove it from the total tuition fee, and key in the remaining tuition fee and LE?

Hello Amila20042001,

The fact remains. It is the applicant's responsibility to draw the attention of the VO to the fact in the study plan with evidence of the tuition payment.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by JustMellow: 2:16pm On May 10, 2022
Perfectyyyyyy:
@ JustMellow,

I have my application submitted since 15th January and till date eligibility have not even started. I order for a GCMS note and it arrived today and was also blank. But mail sent to MP, webform raised and mails sent were acknowledged in the note, nothing was done thereafter. It is about 4months now and it is clear that my file has not been opened.

What should I do at this point to get them work on my file? Should I sent them updated bank statement i.e 8months since I submitted 4months in January?

Hello Perfectyyyyyy,

The processing of your application may be going despite not being updated in your GcKey. You have done your best, relax and be hopeful. You are not alone as there are lots of others in the same situation. It's a good idea to forward your updated bank statement(s) and/or upfront medicals if you didn't do one before.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by amila20042001: 2:19pm On May 10, 2022
Thank you so much.

Could you pls help review my SOP. I want to make sure i'm leaving no stone unturned. Thanks in anticipation.

JustMellow:

Hello Amila20042001,

The fact remains. It is the applicant's responsibility to draw the attention of the VO to the fact in the study plan with evidence of the tuition payment.

Best of Luck

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chinnychappy: 2:20pm On May 10, 2022
Hi Osemigho..
Do profs in Canada utilize a research topic/proposal submitted in the course of applying even before the graduate student joins their team? If yes, does it therefore mean the graduate student will be assigned a new area to research on when he/she eventually joins the team? @Osemigho
Osemigho:

You and or your sponsor can explain the lumpsum briefly. Everything seems okay except for your first year. The visa officer may question your second and third year. 600k naira a month is not sufficient for your second and third year expenses.

What other commitments does your sponsor have? What commitment does your sponsor have or have made owards your past or proposed education? How does your sponsor plan to continue to pay for the second and third year?

Show the person(s) can afford the whole program with evidence. This is where sources and amount of income comes to play when you are not self-sponsoring. Then show your relationship with your sponsor.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 2:30pm On May 10, 2022
Julmbachu:
Good evening House,
I’m a first time applicant & I was rejected last week. But I already ordered my GCMS notes before the rejection came. Attached is the note pls advise me on how to repackage and fire again. @makano @ketima @frankrobbn1, @Anon123 & other gurus in the house. Pls your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Its simply saying you didnt convince the visa officer with enough proof of relationship with the sponsor and also evidence that the sponsor would maintain his/her commitment to be your sponsor while in Canada hence the Visa officer is in doubt you would return after your studies.

Tell the sponsor to transfer money to you as a form of commitment.

The Visa officer is also not convince of your ties to Nigeria. Therefore you have to work on it with, certificate of birth for each member of the family, pictures with your family, employment letter, leave letter, pictures while at work, assets docs or/and business docs.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chyigb: 2:37pm On May 10, 2022
Timonline:
Hello House, please I'm stuck in a limbo In my study permit journey,by February this year I got invited for medicals by ircc which I passed the medical examination. By march the information on my profile page was updated to "you passed the medical exam". Since then I haven't gotten any feedback from ircc, I have written a lot of webforms to the ircc to know the progress and status of my application but I only get an automated response. Please what should I do, this situation is affecting me mentally, I even had to defer my admission again to fall semester to wait for any news from ircc. Please your inputs and suggestions will be welcomed.

Let's just hope for the best, I'm in the same both aswell, my medical was requested for since 16th of March & got updated the following week. No response from them since then, MP & webforms doesn't seem to make any difference
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 3:04pm On May 10, 2022
Priceless25:
@Anon123..It's Canadian dollars, will try and increase it like you said.

Okay.. Please do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Pandasofire(m): 3:08pm On May 10, 2022
Ok thanks
Thought there'll be something like a letter to show they're sponsoring me
Belle110:

You won’t be granted a support letter, you have to go to your dashboard and get the document. I think it has the heading ‘private loan approval disclosure’ or something. It’s that document you will have to add to your application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Heledy(m): 3:16pm On May 10, 2022
Hello guys
Please kindly help out on this information.
as attached..

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Docslim4u: 3:25pm On May 10, 2022
Aisha2u:
Good day all. Please I really need your help with this question, I applied for admission in New Brunswick community college like a month ago, after 3 weeks I received an email dt am on the wait list. Pls has any1 bn on d wait list Nd eventually got an offer from d same schl? Should I continue to wait or look for another schl?. Thank you all
Good day aisha. my name is chuks and i want to apply for NBCC diploma program for fall 2023 because i’ve been told that application for that program will not be opened until june 1st 2022 and It takes place at moncton campus also. so please i will need guidance on how you did yours. i will like to know how to send my documents, (waec transcript and scratch card) And i will also like to know how you paid your application fee. I need the whole application process basically. because i asked the school help and i didn’t understand everything they explained. i will like to know exactly how you applied please so i can also apply against 2023. I have requested for your email already so we can talk more. i will be waiting for your response. thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by sholaw: 3:55pm On May 10, 2022
yemiezay:
for those that applied to NSCC i just received a mail that their agent in Nigeria will contact me in 10 business days time. i would love to know what questions will those Agent from Nigeria will be asking?
After the call, how will you know they will request for your Transcript?
How many days does one have to either email the transcript or send it to fedex or DHL
And how many days does it take for NSCC to give one admission?

please i need a REPLY ASAP. Thanks

How did you go about it?? What documents did they request for?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by sholaw: 4:01pm On May 10, 2022
kennyjoy:

Does your courses required Portfolio assessment? In all sha I think NSCC admission nah long tinz, in my own cases I submitted my application around July 2021, after zoom interview with the faculty lecturer and everything, I was even told that have passed the admission requirement, still took them 5months before they send my Acceptance letter but before then another college as given me admission have even submitted my study permit application. I would advice you to apply to another college while you wait for NSCC decision.

What program did you apply for in NSCC? If it's PGD what were the documents you submitted?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CentennialGuy: 4:21pm On May 10, 2022
Lol. Internet Marketer. Best believe there's no friend and this is just copywriting to sell a product. If you private chat this person below, they are going to try to sell you a digital product. Don't waste your money, everything they are going to sell to you is on this thread from page 1.

CeceTravels:
HELP! My student visa was denied again�:This was the cry of a friend who reached out to me on facebook.

This friend of mine has applied for a study visa to Canada before,but her visa was denied for reasons she is unaware of. I had previously advised her to learn the reasons for her refusal and to understand the steps required in obtaining a visa before applying for a second time, but she claimed she had it under control until she informed me that her visa had been refused yet again�

Studying in Canada is a great experience but Knowing how to apply for a student visa can be overwhelming especially if you have no prior experience. I'll be mentioning few factors you should consider when applying for a student visa.

Gathering your documentation is one of the most important things to do when applying for a student visa and it is done by;
1)Receiving an acceptance letter from a designated learning institution(DLI): To apply for a student visa to Canada,you must first get an acceptance letter from the school that will be hosting you.

2)Provide proof of your ability to pay for tuition and housing: This shows that you have the financial means for paying your tuition and living expenses in Canada before enrolling.This should contain proof of student loans from a bank or bank statement from the last 4-6 months, or a letter from the sponsoring person or school, depending on which one you'll be applying.

3)Have a valid international passport: According to the Canadian High Commission, you must have a passport valid for the duration of your intended stay in Canada.

4)Present a letter of explanation as to why you're studying in Canada:You must explain why you are studying in Canada, list the course you plan to take, and demonstrate that you will return to your home country once you have completed your studies (this is vital).If you are unable to write a convincing statement of purpose, seek guidance from an expert.

5)Prepare 2 passport-size pictures to include with your application: This should be recent pictures of you. All of your facial expressions in the images should be neutral, and you should be facing forward against a plain background.

At this point, I'm going to stop. This isn't all tho; there are still a lot of factors to consider but I can't go into it now.

If your visa has previously been denied, don't be too hard on yourself; there's obviously something you're not doing correctly.You must discover the reasons for the visa officer's refusal; this is important; do not be like my friend, who failed to exercise adequate caution�

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by onwosuigbo: 4:30pm On May 10, 2022
IELTS

Please i wrote my ielts in May 2019 and got band score of 7.5. Do i need to write another one in applying for Visa?
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 4:33pm On May 10, 2022
onwosuigbo:
Thank you for all the posts so far. Please i have a few questions to ask

1. if the amount you need for both tuition and upkeep for a year is 10m, and you have 12.5m sitting in your account; will this suffice for the application?

2. Is there a minimum duration you need to have had the money in your account before applying?

3. Please is my understand of the follow accurate:
Go and get police clearance and put other documents together >> Create an account on IRCC website and upload the documents >> at the prompt of the embassy, you go and do medicals >> at their prompt, you go and get biometrics capture >> you wait for their feedback (what i think you call PRR) ie visa. Is this accurate?
i am not clear on the flow. I often get confused as to whether one needs to just go to a designated hospital and do the medicals and submit it along with all documentations without the prompt of the embassy

Finally; are there any more documents to add to the list i have compiled thus far:
Intl Passport
Proof of funds
Properties evidence
Police clearance
Pensions statement
Letter of intro by employer
Statement of Interest/explanation
Passport photo
Birth certificate
Univ documents
Admission letters/letter of acceptance
Anything that will tie you to naija like family pictures and marriage certificate
Medical report
Pay slip
IELTS score
Siblings in naija - pictures
Reference letter from church
Reference letter from association/NGO
Covid card
Resume

Thank you in anticipation of your support and response.

Please what is the reference letter from church used for in the application? Is Church sponsoring you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 4:38pm On May 10, 2022
onwosuigbo:
IELTS

Please i wrote my ielts in May 2019 and got band score of 7.5. Do i need to write another one in applying for Visa?
Thank you

I think so because IELTS is just for a period of 3 years and this is May already but then IELTS isn’t compulsory for VISA processing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by dannybomb(m): 4:48pm On May 10, 2022
Lekiboboe:

Based on your not long Study Gap and your work experience, you have two choices here

Either you go for something related to your degree
E.g PG. Cert in Financial Planning, Marketing, Accounting , Finance, Business Management etc. at a college

or

you go for something related to your work experience e.g
PG. Cert in User Experience (UX) design, Digital Product Design at a college
Please boss can you just give me few list of college that offers this PG certs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teezkid: 4:56pm On May 10, 2022
Hey guys. Just wanted to ask. My uncle Is my sponsor, if he transfers the money for the living expenses, he can still stand as my sponsor, or how does this thing really go? Lol. What’s the way really forward ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Afolavid: 4:58pm On May 10, 2022
onwosuigbo:
IELTS

Thank you

IELTS isn't a compulsory/required document when applying for Study permit... Though, it has a validity period of 2 years but you can still add it like that, just to show you wrote it recently and you had a good grasp of it. You can as well choose not to add it. Your call.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by gascoigne462: 5:40pm On May 10, 2022
JustMellow:

Hello Gascoigne462,

There is no one way to fill out the section. Input funds for the first year if you don't have the sufficient amount that can cover 2 years of study. The IMM 1294e form can be signed digitally by entering your full name as shown in your PP. You can digitally date the IMM 5645e form only in the section that applies to you.

Best of Luck

I appreciate you JustMellow
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mukht(f): 5:53pm On May 10, 2022
[quote author=Lani84 post=112679836]Hi, feel free to DM me, I will help you review it.

[/quote

Please, can you help review my SOP too?

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.