Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (489) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (908880 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Priceless25: 8:42am On May 10, 2022
Priceless25:
@makano @ketima.. Please do you think POF for one year ($10k) is sufficient enough to apply for study permit, I've paid 1 year tuition of $10k already.

Please oo my people.. I need insights to this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Uzoamaka123: 9:14am On May 10, 2022
I’m not a guru o but From the little I’ve seen on this group, that $10k is too small.
No miscellaneous for traveling expenses there or anything.
I’ll suggest you ask a nuclear family to transfer money to you and you’ll do a gift deed to back it up just so that you won’t be rejected based on financial status.
Even though you don’t have enough to cover the two years , still have your first year tuition and LE with extra like $5k for miscellaneous.

Goodluck
Priceless25:

Please oo my people.. I need insights to this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Beautifulchy: 9:33am On May 10, 2022
kweje:

Did you try ApplyBoard.com? I noticed it was mentioned to you.
You might get a free Fanshawe Application on Applyboard. Check it out
I have gone through the Applyboard site but I am seeing a different tuition fee from what is on Fanshawe college.
Fanshawe college is around $7k per semester while Applyboard is around $21k per year,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Beautifulchy: 9:39am On May 10, 2022
Good morning everyone
I am new here.I want to start my college application for January intake. I have Bsc already in Nigeria.
I am going for a 2 yrs diploma or 3 yrs advance diploma and my husband will accompany me as my dependent.
Please what are the necessary requirements for the school and study permit?
Also how much should I have in my account because I will be the self sponsor?
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teezkid: 10:02am On May 10, 2022
If you can send a clear copy, please do. What were the things you also submitted to them? Sometimes I really wonder what these Visa Officers really want
Julmbachu:
Good evening House,
I’m a first time applicant & I was rejected last week. But I already ordered my GCMS notes before the rejection came. Attached is the note pls advise me on how to repackage and fire again. @makano @ketima @frankrobbn1, @Anon123 & other gurus in the house. Pls your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Priceless25: 10:07am On May 10, 2022
@Uzoamaka123... I've already paid for a year's tuition, will try get a family member to do a gift deed for me like you suggested. Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by danielak1(m): 10:15am On May 10, 2022
Please my sponsor which is my mum has about two bank accounts she intends to use for my proof of funds. Please is this advisable?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Belle110: 10:22am On May 10, 2022
Pandasofire:
I accepted the loan offer
But didn't get any support letter
I only got a mail confirming I accepted the loan

You won’t be granted a support letter, you have to go to your dashboard and get the document. I think it has the heading ‘private loan approval disclosure’ or something. It’s that document you will have to add to your application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Belle110: 10:23am On May 10, 2022
danielak1:
Please my sponsor which is my mum has about two bank accounts she intends to use for my proof of funds. Please is this advisable?

It’s okay as long as it’s hers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Belle110: 10:24am On May 10, 2022
Beautifulchy:
Good morning everyone
I am new here.I want to start my college application for January intake. I have Bsc already in Nigeria.
I am going for a 2 yrs diploma or 3 yrs advance diploma and my husband will accompany me as my dependent.
Please what are the necessary requirements for the school and study permit?
Also how much should I have in my account because I will be the self sponsor?
Thank you

Hi, please kindly go through the first page of this thread or use the search box to get precise answers. I think your questions have been answered before and you’ll find larger information.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by XtinahOo: 10:41am On May 10, 2022
Good morning everyone.

Please if I’m experiencing delay in my application which email addresses will you advice I send mails to? I can’t even seem to find the IRCC email on line. Please assist with the email addresses I can mail. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jenny255: 10:44am On May 10, 2022
Hello everyone, please I need your input. The gurus in the house, please help me.
My dad is my sponsor and he has a business he has been operating since 1994, the business was duly registered with CAC in 1994 and he has all the documents relating to the registration including payment receipt. This is the business he owns till date and the same business that will be sponsoring my education.
My question is this, I tried searching the name on CAC website and it is not coming up.
Please what do I do?
Please note: * It is not showing at all, not that it is inactive
*Also the CAC certificate is quite different from what we have today, I mean in colour, format and in design.

Should I still submit the CAC documents like that?
@makano @anon123 @justwise @frankrobbn1
Anyone that has an input should help out, I need to figure out what to do, Thank you in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Timonline: 10:50am On May 10, 2022
Hello House, please I'm stuck in a limbo In my study permit journey,by February this year I got invited for medicals by ircc which I passed the medical examination. By march the information on my profile page was updated to "you passed the medical exam". Since then I haven't gotten any feedback from ircc, I have written a lot of webforms to the ircc to know the progress and status of my application but I only get an automated response. Please what should I do, this situation is affecting me mentally, I even had to defer my admission again to fall semester to wait for any news from ircc. Please your inputs and suggestions will be welcomed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ditha(f): 10:54am On May 10, 2022
Please has anyone flown with British airways recently (with one stop in UK)? I see that it is the fastest route and currently the cheapest (1200CAD). I am curious to know if there have any special document requirements
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by dfad: 11:17am On May 10, 2022
Papapa1234:
HUMBER College Applicant send me message so I can add you to the WhatsApp group..

The link isnt working..I dont know why?

Zero eight one zero seven zero zero one five six six

Please add ne to the group
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by DebrahOj: 11:19am On May 10, 2022
Hello,
Do you mind sharing the person's details please? All the people I've seen are giving me exorbitant prices to reactivate my business name on CAC.

Toceen2022:

LOL..
50k bawo.
With just 10k you can activate it. I did mine 8k, the person collect 2k. Although, it's not necessary for study permit, but if you wish, you can do it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Predator188: 11:56am On May 10, 2022
Julmbachu:
Good evening House,
I’m a first time applicant & I was rejected last week. But I already ordered my GCMS notes before the rejection came. Attached is the note pls advise me on how to repackage and fire again. @makano @ketima @frankrobbn1, @Anon123 & other gurus in the house. Pls your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
VO claimed that you are a bona fide student but that is not enough to issue visa....

The prove of relationship to sponsor is weak,you did not satisfy the relationship with the third party sponsor...
And the VO wants at least a prove of financial commitment from the sponsor to show future financial support!

Ties to home country;The VO is querying your personal financial documents..
That you have no incentive to return to home country after study...
What it means;Do you have a job to return to after study!
And is the financial or necessary employment documents submitted...but not only just bank statement submitted..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Maputhohq: 12:05pm On May 10, 2022
Beautifulchy:

I have gone through the Applyboard site but I am seeing a different tuition fee from what is on Fanshawe college.
Fanshawe college is around $7k per semester while Applyboard is around $21k per year,
How many semesters are in a year, that's what you'll use to calculate the tuition fee. Either ways, the original amount would be shown on your offer letter if given one.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Osemigho: 12:39pm On May 10, 2022
Julmbachu:
Good evening House,
I’m a first time applicant & I was rejected last week. But I already ordered my GCMS notes before the rejection came. Attached is the note pls advise me on how to repackage and fire again. Pls your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Your purpose of study/LOE was very good. However, your third-party sponsorship situation is not good. You did not provide enough evidence that you have genuine relationship with the person and that the person is committed to sponsoring you.

1. Who is your sponsor and what relationship do you have?

2. What evidence did you submit that your sponsor is committed to your proposed education? This includes tuition payment and past money transfer or support.

Oyinbo Don ja say people dey collect or give statement of account with no commitment attached. USA sef dey reject that paro now. The thing no dey easily fly again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by shinaxurdick: 12:54pm On May 10, 2022
obaalasepe:
Ask the school to give you a letter that proves you are only going for 2 years diploma.
You can then submit the letter to Mpower
thanks so much for this reply

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by JustMellow: 12:56pm On May 10, 2022
Evergreen694:
Greeting everyone.

Pls I require some assistance from the gurus in the house.

I received an email notifying me to book appointment for my biometrics. I tried to book the appointment but I am tasked with filling in my "IRCC No"; I really do not know what means nor what the number is.

Pls if anyone knows what the number is or what it represents pls help me out. I would greatly appreciate.

Thank you.

Hello Evergreen694,

Log in to your GcKey or IRCC Portal to view your Application number, which you can utilize for the purpose.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Osemigho: 12:57pm On May 10, 2022
Sam796476:

The 10million lumpsum is in his personal account, plus the salary account with sitting balance of 8 million. That's about 18million, before this 18 million, I already paid my first semester tuition fee. Sponsor is also my father. So this 18milion isn't enough for the first year?

Very nice that your sponsor is your dad. Did he pay your half tuition too? If yes, thats a wondeful news. If no, not bad.

If you have time, he can transfer the 10million from his personal to salary account in bits per month (1m+, 3m+, 2m+, 1m+, left over). That prevents lump sum and allow him to focus on his salary account. Canada Visa officers focus on the flow and source of money. So the salary account is more important than the person account. If you don't have time, submit and start the gradual transfer. You will be ready if you have to reapply.

18m is enough for your first year, but 600k a month salary may not be enough for your second and third year. So, if he or your mum has a side hustle or business that he or they plan to use to raise money for your second and third year, make sure to mention it. They can both act as your sponsor. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by JustMellow: 1:01pm On May 10, 2022
geekly44:
please can having investments explain 10m naira entering your account twice in 4 months?
please reply

Hello Geekly44,

Only if you have sufficient justification otherwise, it will be classified as a borrowed or arranged (lump) sum.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Sam796476: 1:08pm On May 10, 2022
Osemigho:

Very nice that your sponsor is your dad. Did he pay your half tuition too? If yes, thats a wondeful news. If no, not bad.

If you have time, he can transfer the 10million from his personal to salary account in bits per month (1m+, 3m+, 2m+, 1m+, left over). That prevents lump sum and allow him to focus on his salary account. Canada Visa officers focus on the flow and source of money. So the salary account is more important than the person account. If you don't have time, submit and start the gradual transfer. You will be ready if you have to reapply.

18m is enough for your first year, but 600k a month salary may not be enough for your second and third year. So, if he or your mum has a side hustle or business that he or they plan to use to raise money for your second and third year, make sure to mention it. They can both act as your sponsor. All the best.
Alright, thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 10, 2022
Hi Just Mellow,
what do you mean by sufficient justification

thanks for the response
JustMellow:

Hello Geekly44,

Only if you have sufficient justification otherwise, it will be classified as a borrowed or arranged (lump) sum.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by JustMellow: 1:38pm On May 10, 2022
ehiremen2002:
Hello house need the house opinion with a case where the daughter is studying ( grade 9) - has 1 year visa but when she landed last year, she got a 5years student permit. The mum had a 5 years visitor visa . She accompanied the daughter but has never stayed beyond 6months . She has always had to travel to the US for Xmas holiday and possible return to Naija for June school vacation. I was thinking if she can apply. For work permit before she leave in June.

She and the minor daughter will be resuming in august.

Trying to brainstorm what better option for her to start counting work experience in Canada

Hello Ehiremen2002,

Due to the public policy introduced by the then Immigration Minister, the rules were relaxed during the pandemic to allow skilled workers who will be out of status to change their status to visitors. It also applied to visitors that entered Canada before or by August 24, 2020, and remained.

The way forward for her is to network and search for a potential employer that will deem her skills attractive and interested in her. Most employer will not want to offer her a job as it breaks the law to give jobs that Canadians, PRs, or authorized skilled workers will fill to visitors. If she's lucky to get the offer and the employer agree to apply for the LMIA on her behalf (if the employer does not have one before), she can depart Canada to apply from outside. This way, she can apply for the Work Permit and/or PNP if she's interested in PR.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by JustMellow: 1:38pm On May 10, 2022
geekly44:
Hi Just Mellow,
what do you mean by sufficient justification

thanks for the response

Adequate documentation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 1:41pm On May 10, 2022
Priceless25:
@makano @ketima.. Please do you think POF for one year ($10k) is sufficient enough to apply for study permit, I've paid 1 year tuition of $10k already.

Is it Canadian dollars or US dollars

If its Canadian Dollars, you can try and increase the amount a lil bit. Then you are good to go.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by aizebe: 1:42pm On May 10, 2022
Not sure, the public policy case will work for her here. If I understand what Ehiremen said. She goes in and out of canada frequently.

If the mother applied for work permit, she has to be in canada for that period she is waiting.

JustMellow:

Hello Ehiremen2002,

Due to the public policy introduced by the then Immigration Minister, the rules were relaxed during the pandemic to allow skilled workers who will be out of status to change their status to visitors. It also applied to visitors that entered Canada before or by August 24, 2020, and remained.

The way forward for her is to network and search for a potential employer that will deem her skills attractive and interested in her. Most employer will not want to offer her a job as it breaks the law to give jobs that Canadians, PRs, or authorized skilled workers will fill to visitors. If she's lucky to get the offer and the employer agree to apply for the LMIA on her behalf (if the employer does not have one before), she can depart Canada to apply from outside. This way, she can apply for the Work Permit and/or PNP if she's interested in PR.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 1:43pm On May 10, 2022
Evergreen694:
Greeting everyone.

Pls I require some assistance from the gurus in the house.

I received an email notifying me to book appointment for my biometrics. I tried to book the appointment but I am tasked with filling in my[b] "IRCC No"[/b]; I really do not know what means nor what the number is.

Pls if anyone knows what the number is or what it represents pls help me out. I would greatly appreciate.

Thank you.

Go to your Biometrics invitation number, the second page with your details. You will see it there
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 1:44pm On May 10, 2022
danielak1:

YES! but ensure you include your own personal account for your living expenses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by JustMellow: 1:47pm On May 10, 2022
gascoigne462:
Please oo I still haven’t gotten any answers to these questions. They might have been answered in previous posts but please help ooo

I’m in the process of filling out my IMM forms and I have few questions.
1. Funds available for my stay? I was admitted to a 2 year course. Should I show for the first year or both years?
2. How do I sign the IMM 1294 and Family Information IMM 5645 forms?
I’m using the GCKey portal

Please kindly help answer these important questions. TIA

Hello Gascoigne462,

There is no one way to fill out the section. Input funds for the first year if you don't have the sufficient amount that can cover 2 years of study. The IMM 1294e form can be signed digitally by entering your full name as shown in your PP. You can digitally date the IMM 5645e form only in the section that applies to you.

Best of Luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.