Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (925456 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by pufframmy: 10:20pm On Feb 07, 2022
documents submitted pls

congratulation

Vee2021:
Who am I that you are mindful of me? God has done it.. PPR IS here. After waiting for so long. I prophesied that this week was my week and God did it.

I am a silent reader here and I joined after I submitted my application, although I avoided this place for a while because of anxiety. After several emails, mp sent mails as well, I have started classes online for Fall 2021 at lambton college, currently doing the winter term, just last week Thursday I was asked to send my updated letter of acceptance but I sent enrollment letter instead , then I received PPR this afternoon. This is my timeline.

Submitted- May 11th 2021
Biometrics- May 24th 2021
Upfront medical - April 28th 2021
I don’t know when eligibility started.
Updated letter of acceptance request - Feb 3rd 2022
Passport request- February 7th 2022
Yes 9months!

See ehn I was so scared, I trusted God but I’m human right? But God said his ways are not my ways.
I submitted all the necessary documents even sent my fall transcript, please whatever you do just keep trusting God.

Please who’s going to Lambton College (Sarnia campus) or is already a student there? Hit me up. Thank you.
I pray everyone excepting good news will receive it soon. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by bertv66: 10:21pm On Feb 07, 2022
Thanks Champ
makano:
Hello bertv66

No one is better than the other.. You just have to work with the one is a convenient for you..

The reason why some applicants go for the new portal is cos you do not need to fill forms unlike what we have with the regular portal where you have to fill 3 IRCC forms and some times these forms give applicants issues cos most time it doesn't open until when the latest Adobe is installed on the system..

Personally, I still make use of the regular portal for the Visa applications I work on cos I am used to it, I haven't tried the new portal though, prolly the next application I will work on..

So both portals are good, some applicants who recently got their PPRs claimed they used the new portal..

So either of the portals is good to go..

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by exmaysn12000: 10:29pm On Feb 07, 2022
makano:
Hello bertv66

No one is better than the other.. You just have to work with the one is a convenient for you..

So both portals are good, some applicants who recently got their PPRs claimed they used the new portal..

So either of the portals is good to go..

Peace

Good day boss, I am new to this Canada study application, just about starting.... Pls which one is new, which is old? Could u kindly share a link or screenshot to this?

Thanks sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chinnychappy: 12:27am On Feb 08, 2022
Congratulations to all PPR recipients.
[quote author=exmaysn12000 post=110047751]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by KikkyQ: 1:16am On Feb 08, 2022
Yes you can get Travel allowance up to $3000 I think at CBN rate using Form A
VonVictor:
Greetings house,

Please what is the best way to carry living expenses fund before travelling without using aboki and black market rate. Can I get Living expenses with Form A.

Also where can I purchase Canadian dollars at a very good rate.

Can I use Form A to fund GIC account?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by isysleek: 1:20am On Feb 08, 2022
I also applied to York Uni. I applied in December but no response from them. When did you apply and how long did it take them to respond?

Taiyejenny:
Good evening, it’s my first time here and I don’t really know how to use naira land, I have been trying to ask a question but I don’t know how to go about it, so I’m just giving it a try…..
Please a recently gained admission to york university canada for post graduate degree in business administration for summer semester but the time frame is really short for me,so i want to defer to fall semester, is it okay to defer? Are there any disadvantages about deferring to next semester? And the school said I should pay the tuition deposit before I can defer… please I need your advice pls … thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by KikkyQ: 1:57am On Feb 08, 2022
Step 1, go on google and search for schools in canada. Get a wide list.
2. Filter those list of schools to ons with affordable school fees. You can find the school fess on the school's website page.
3. Visit each school's website and check their requirements for application and the application fee.
4. Get the required documents, apply online and pay the application fee.
Cjazter:
Hello Guru's in the house, please I am new here. I am a graduate of civil engineering with 2.2. Please I am looking for a school for msc in Canada, how do I go about my application for Canada study.
Note: I graduated in 2014.
I am looking forward to your quick responses, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by KikkyQ: 2:01am On Feb 08, 2022
you dont apply through a separate platform for NSE. You apply using the same study permit everyone uses. You simply must fulfill the requirements for the NSE when applying and they themselves would process it under NSE.
Marytess:
Good morning everyone.
Please I need help on where to apply for a visa through NSE.

I have checked their website and nothing is coming up.
I need help with this to start my Application. Thanks @justwise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by KikkyQ: 2:02am On Feb 08, 2022
Please apply alone first and use your family as home ties. When you get yours and you arrive in Canada, apply for them
bl39:
Greetings to you all,
I have learnt quite a lot in the little time I have been here.
Please any advice.
I have admission for September 2022 and I am about to start the visa application. I have a family of 5 and I intend to apply with my family.

Is it wise to apply for my entire family from the onset or should I apply first? (Do I stand a better chance of success if I apply alone) ?

Also, do Assets such as cars, landed property and pension funds count as proof of funds?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bankowner: 2:52am On Feb 08, 2022
You can apply for Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) of USD4,000 through your bank using the new electronic Form A. No bank will sell CAD to you except you're making a payment to your school in Canada and that will be done via wire transfer.

Exchange rate at the bank is very favorable so you need not go to the black market for FX. When you arrive Canada you can change your USD to CAD at Coins and Currency.

To purchase PTA, you need your visa stamped passport and flight return ticket.

Cheers and best wishes.
VonVictor:
Greetings house,

Please what is the best way to carry living expenses fund before travelling without using aboki and black market rate. Can I get Living expenses with Form A.

Also where can I purchase Canadian dollars at a very good rate.

Can I use Form A to fund GIC account?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Oviebright: 5:06am On Feb 08, 2022
Iamgrac:
Thank you Oviebright for the previous reply and also Good afternoon to everyone.
my mum is my sponsor
My question is: Can a VO question if the funds will be available for me in canada or all I just need to do is to submit my sponsor statement of account
I honestly don't know I'm not a guru here. Ask Dem frank and the rest.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by MsLoolah: 5:42am On Feb 08, 2022
Hello, oh nooo I didn’t drop out. I even registered for 2 classes and both are online, but I haven’t paid yet. Tuition is due on the 16th of feb.

Just wanted to look at my options.

Osemigho:

Hi,

study permit has an element of luck and grace. I wish you asked first before dropping out. I would have advise you to waste that 2m and work full time in summer to recover it. The courses wont waste because you may be able to transfer them to your preferred diploma. Many aren't lucky twice, but you can.

You have to explain why you didn't attend your last school and why you are going for something lower this time. The visa officer may doubt your finances and purpose. So make sure your finances are tight and your letter of explanation is excellent. Applying with your husband, where you don't have a child or children that he will taking care of, may be hard to sell. Your finances and home tie must also be excellent. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by MsLoolah: 5:47am On Feb 08, 2022
Thank you for this response.

I registered for classes already I just haven’t paid yet. Tuition is due on the 16th of feb. my husband is a first time traveler, my fear was based on the numerous complaints about back log and delays for the Sowp. I really don’t want to be alone without him for too long based on the backlogs. That’s why I was thinking of adding him to my new application.

Osemigho:

It might be too late. I assume the candidate admission was for January 2022 and the candidate did not register for any course to aviod wasting money. Course registration will probably have ended as this is February. If course registration is still open, then the candidate is "lucky" because the door is still slightly open.

All in all, opportunity often comes once in a life time. If this one Don go, they are back to the visa prayer and at the mercy of God to have a good visa officer again. I wish her question was one month earlier. It is never too late and they can receive a miracle again.

By the way, I checked the candidate previous posts. She have bsc and msc already and going for bachelors degree. Her UK profile is very good, and that might have given her an edge and less scrutiny. Candidate hubby probably didn't have that UK profile and current Nigerian destiny (economic and financial situation) hold am down.

Their next visa officer fit dey ask why, why, why for her previous decision and if the next application is genuine. Plus insisting she want to add her hubby, with previous red applications, in a new student visa app will raise a lot of red flags with home tie, purpose, etc.

If she stayed in CAN and apply for her hubby, they for give am SOWP with her newly wedded story, genuine relationship and hubby good business in Nigeria. We just have to give best advise and wish her the best in the next application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by WESTERNCR: 6:30am On Feb 08, 2022
Good day my people. My cousin just got her PPR yesterday. I want to know what are the steps to be taken in order to send her passport to and from VFS? Which one is faster Lagos or Abuja? and how do we pay the transmission fee to VFS, what's the amount? Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by buchito1(m): 7:15am On Feb 08, 2022
WESTERNCR:
Good day my people. My cousin just got her PPR yesterday. I want to know what are the steps to be taken in order to send her passport to and from VFS? Which one is faster Lagos or Abuja? and how do we pay the transmission fee to VFS, what's the amount? Thank you.

bro this stuff has been posted more than one hundred million thousand times here... undecided

But make I still help you drop am again

���������

The process involved in passport stamping:
Abuja Address;Visa Application Centre, sterling bank plaza, 3rd floor, plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way, Central Business District, Abuja Nigeria

Lagos Address;Visa Application Centre Ground Floor, The Manor Plot 110, Admiral ayinla way, lekki phase 1 lagos Nigeria

Requirement;if you did your biometrics in abuja, Theres no fee except for delivery fees.
buy an evelope.

IF NOT, You will first pay a transmission fee of N9410 to CANADA LOGISTIC COLLECTION account(0065165839) Sterling bank
Then print the receipt from your phone(coloured).

if you did your biometrics in lagos. Go to DHL closer to you and pay for 2-way courier and also pay for insurance to be sent to canada VAC Abuja, buy a fresh brown envelope and add the following NB; remember to give DHL a return address since its a 2 way courier

1.)put two photocopies of your passport data page(coloured)
2.)your yellow or white biometric strip(if you have misplaced these paper go to VFS so they'll sort you out). If you dont have the slip you can still send it regardless or you can add the BVL(biometric validation letter)
3.)Passport request letter
4.)1 copy of the consent form downloaded and signed( note u are filling and signing just the second page of your consent form)
3.)the passport itself
4.)one plain sheet of paper where you can write your Name, address, Email, phone number and signature
5.)one coloured copy of the receipt of the transmission fee payment

CREDIT - I don forget �

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Wesay01(m): 7:21am On Feb 08, 2022
Thank you makano

You can get and download the forms from the IRCC Website..

You will need to fill 3 IRCC forms

Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294E),
Family Information form (IMM5645E)
Temporary Resident form (IMM5257B)

Peace [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by MsLoolah: 7:29am On Feb 08, 2022
What if I don’t add him? But still change my school?? Because honestly I understand people wanting me to pay the 2.7m school fees I won’t be using in the future, but it’s a lot of money.

If I don’t add him but change my school and re apply for the visa, then he applies for Sowp. Would that work?
Osemigho:

It might be too late. I assume the candidate admission was for January 2022 and the candidate did not register for any course to aviod wasting money. Course registration will probably have ended as this is February. If course registration is still open, then the candidate is "lucky" because the door is still slightly open.

All in all, opportunity often comes once in a life time. If this one Don go, they are back to the visa prayer and at the mercy of God to have a good visa officer again. I wish her question was one month earlier. It is never too late and they can receive a miracle again.

By the way, I checked the candidate previous posts. She have bsc and msc already and going for bachelors degree. Her UK profile is very good, and that might have given her an edge and less scrutiny. Candidate hubby probably didn't have that UK profile and current Nigerian destiny (economic and financial situation) hold am down.

Their next visa officer fit dey ask why, why, why for her previous decision and if the next application is genuine. Plus insisting she want to add her hubby, with previous red applications, in a new student visa app will raise a lot of red flags with home tie, purpose, etc.

If she stayed in CAN and apply for her hubby, they for give am SOWP with her newly wedded story, genuine relationship and hubby good business in Nigeria. We just have to give best advise and wish her the best in the next application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Legacyedition: 7:31am On Feb 08, 2022
emedon27:
Good day house am kind of new here. I applied for Canada study permit on the 3rd of July 2021 and got medical request on the 14th of October 2021 and I passed my medicals on the 22nd of October 2021 and updated on my page. Till today no correspondence, what could be the cause of the delay. I really need help because am getting depressed �.

Send email to Abuja. Ppr will drop.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by stanchibu2004: 7:35am On Feb 08, 2022
I submitted an upfront medical with my application on January 26th, and my medical has not been updated what can I do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Legacyedition: 7:52am On Feb 08, 2022
MsLoolah:
What if I don’t add him? But still change my school?? Because honestly I understand people wanting me to pay the 2.7m school fees I won’t be using in the future, but it’s a lot of money.

If I don’t add him but change my school and re apply for the visa, then he applies for Sowp. Would that work?

Madam, it seems you got the first visa on a platter of gold. I am sorry to say, you might not be as lucky as the first one.

I will rather say you continue with the current study in Canada, then apply for 2 years program in college since you already have masters.

Apply for visiting for Daddy (hubby) . Visiting visa currently takes 2-4 weeks with the new portal. On his arrival in Canada, then apply for in-canada sowp . It's better and faster that way.

Many of us went via court to get a Study permit. Please think it well.

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by hayoBams: 8:00am On Feb 08, 2022
I have accepted it smiley
Tcrown2020:

I've sent you an email at hayorBams
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by bysolaro: 8:12am On Feb 08, 2022
Good morning All!

Your DMs have been overwhelming and I am proud to see the level of commitment from you all... Please, do not relent! We all got someone to help along the way.

I have some applications I plan to submit to my university this month on behalf of some Nairalanders who are pursuing the May and September intakes but waiting on their Duolingo tests to be done before submitting.

Let me make this clear - I can only show you the way and help you with my connection to the international director to secure admission, the rest of the work and major commitment to deliver a solid application is yours ooooo! I can't write SOP for anyone, biko.... my masters na die already! I'll help review your docs and statement and submit to the director once you have thoroughly done your bit. They are now as keen as I am to get more black people here with all the noise and advocacy we dey do here!

Duolingo is cheaper, faster and accepted by my uni.
Unofficial transcripts are accepted for the application process.
The uni can help with degree evaluation at CAD140 if you don't want WES, etc.
The application fee for admission is CAD 150.
Official admission decision within 1 to 2 weeks.
The tuition deposit is fully refunded if SP is denied.
People are considering May intake so they can benefit from studying online in Nigeria and still be eligible for PGWP as the policy has been extended to August 22, 2022 (we pray it is further extended).... some students that joined in 2020 have never set foot in Canada and will be graduating in April with full PGWP eligibility.... didn't have to soak garri to pay rent in Canada...lol.

By the way, students from Naij that applied in the intakes since lockdown got SPs approved.

Please, be prepared to face your book o! grin grin grin

Love and light...x

bysolaro:
Thank you all for the plethora of messages about BC and my journey! Encouraging to see how keen you all are to make progress with your lives.

Forgot to mention, my university is called Trinity Western University, British Columbia.

I'll do my best to respond to those in my DMs ASAP,

Have a blessed week, and to those waiting on good news this week, IT IS DONE, in Jesus' name!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by quin9(f): 8:15am On Feb 08, 2022
MsLoolah:

Truth is,no one(as much I have read)has gone that route,the ones who even considered anything close,didn’t come back to share what they even did or how it turned out.This is not to sound ‘somehow’ seems your mind is made up,please update us,we’ll like to learn.Best wishes.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by MsLoolah: 8:34am On Feb 08, 2022
quin9:

Truth is,no one(as much I have read)has gone that route,the ones who even considered anything close,didn’t come back to share what they even did or how it turned out.This is not to sound ‘somehow’ seems your mind is made up,please update us,we’ll like to learn.Best wishes.

Yes I figured no one has a definite response for me other than asking me to spend 2.7m on an education I wouldn’t be able to transfer or use in the future based on fear I might not get the visa. I didn’t get the first visa based on luck, I got it based on my credentials so honestly I don’t see a reason why I shouldn’t get it again.

I would definitely update on the decision I make and the outcome for people who are in my predicament in the future.

Thank you �

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by desi10mi: 8:42am On Feb 08, 2022
Please I need help in applying for gcms note
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Predator188: 8:51am On Feb 08, 2022
desi10mi:
Please I need help in applying for gcms note
https://www.getgcms.com/

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Onlinedoctor: 9:08am On Feb 08, 2022
Hello WESTERCR, can you share your cousin's timeline so we can learn from it. As it is you are only one that is benefiting from her timeline and she wants benefit from the info in here. Life is give and take bro or sis
WESTERNCR:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mamaamanda: 9:11am On Feb 08, 2022
Good morning.
Please is this for the old portal as i can't seem to find this on the new portal.

Wesay01:
Thank you makano

You can get and download the forms from the IRCC Website..

You will need to fill 3 IRCC forms

Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294E),
Family Information form (IMM5645E)
Temporary Resident form (IMM5257B)

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Onlinedoctor: 9:13am On Feb 08, 2022
Ms Loolah,

Its good to get professional advice from Canada. I am telling you from experience. Its God that gave u PPR not your credentials cos nobody's credential is perfect. There is always some imperfection in credentials or application but God perfects it for us.
MsLoolah:

Yes I figured no one has a definite response for me other than asking me to spend 2.7m on an education I wouldn’t be able to transfer or use in the future based on fear I might not get the visa. I didn’t get the first visa based on luck, I got it based on my credentials so honestly I don’t see a reason why I shouldn’t get it again.

I would definitely update on the decision I make and the outcome for people who are in my predicament in the future.

Thank you �

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by desi10mi: 9:23am On Feb 08, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chiziteremary: 9:24am On Feb 08, 2022
Congratulations. May the land of Canada favour u. Mine is net in Jesus name. Amen

Vee2021:
Who am I that you are mindful of me? God has done it.. PPR IS here. After waiting for so long. I prophesied that this week was my week and God did it.

I am a silent reader here and I joined after I submitted my application, although I avoided this place for a while because of anxiety. After several emails, mp sent mails as well, I have started classes online for Fall 2021 at lambton college, currently doing the winter term, just last week Thursday I was asked to send my updated letter of acceptance but I sent enrollment letter instead , then I received PPR this afternoon. This is my timeline.

Submitted- May 11th 2021
Biometrics- May 24th 2021
Upfront medical - April 28th 2021
I don’t know when eligibility started.
Updated letter of acceptance request - Feb 3rd 2022
Passport request- February 7th 2022
Yes 9months!

See ehn I was so scared, I trusted God but I’m human right? But God said his ways are not my ways.
I submitted all the necessary documents even sent my fall transcript, please whatever you do just keep trusting God.

Please who’s going to Lambton College (Sarnia campus) or is already a student there? Hit me up. Thank you.
I pray everyone excepting good news will receive it soon. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by JNATH(m): 9:53am On Feb 08, 2022
Good Morning My Fellow Landers.

Please i need an agent with atleast 90-95% success story who can help with proof of funds and student visa application process. i have an admission to study in canada and i am expected to resume september 2022.

Your kind referrals will be highly appreciated.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (920)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.