Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,350 members, 7,819,250 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (911711 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by KRTL: 1:46pm On Feb 08, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 1:54pm On Feb 08, 2022
Hello sinorte

The bolded depends on the transaction history of your SOA, the inflow of the account..

For instance, for an account that has major inflow of 100k - 300k for few months and all of a sudden 10M - 15M drops without any reasonable narration of how the money came about, then the Visa officer will definitely have a concern about it.. But an account that has a major inflow of 5M - 12M wont have an issue with a sudden crediting of 15M, cos the account is very active with amounts close to the sudden amount..

Like I always say, the Visa Officer isn't only concerned about the closing balance of the account, they also look at the Transaction history of the account. i.e the Total Inflow and outflow of the duration of the Statement of account submitted..

Peace
sinorte:
Congratulations to all those who have received their PPRs, and God's grace for those in waiting.

Please I would like to ask, how big could a sum of money be for it to be considered a lump sum? Again, what kinds of accounts could receive such amounts for it be considered a lump sum?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 1:55pm On Feb 08, 2022
Google is waiting for you for this...

Peace
OloriOlufumi123:
Good day everyone.

Please are there schools in[b] Canada[/b] that you do not need GMAT to study a MBA or M.Sc Management? Kindly share with me such schools.

Thanks smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 1:55pm On Feb 08, 2022
Tcrown2020:

Thanks so.much @ Malone122 . Does it have any effect on post graduate work permit & applying for a PR after graduating?
none at all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 2:04pm On Feb 08, 2022
Hello buckyfof

This is a normal and regular occurrence though..

They are currently doing a background check on you to see if you are Eligible to study in Canada..

Further review simply means, your application has been passed on to a Senior Visa officer by a Junior Visa Officer for a further review for a final decision of your application.

Your final decision isn't too far, be hopeful

Peace
buckyfof:
I just got my gcms notes
October 14th applicant
2nd time applicant
And it's showing "review required"
Pre assessment notes is showing - "further review"

What can you guys make of it?

I'm i in trouble?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by KRTL: 2:06pm On Feb 08, 2022
MsLoolah:

Yes I figured no one has a definite response for me other than asking me to spend 2.7m on an education I wouldn’t be able to transfer or use in the future based on fear I might not get the visa. I didn’t get the first visa based on luck, I got it based on my credentia
m

I would definitely update on the decision I make and the outcome for people who are in my predicament in the future.

Thank you �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by YinksXO: 2:16pm On Feb 08, 2022
Disclaimer: I'm not VO o

If you plan on changing schools, you can submit a new application, it may even be processed fast as you've passed eligibility and background check from your initial application. Make sure in your SOP/LOE, you explain clearly the reason why you're changing DLI's.

I had to submit another application for my daughter after her 1st one was approved because she changed schools, the reason was the province her school was in was not allowing students into the province that period. I attached the letter we received from the school as proof and a new approval was issued in exactly 2 months time. Let me add that this is for a secondary school scenario. So, there are no guarantees but if you feel convinced enough, go for it. Best of luck!

MsLoolah:

Yes I figured no one has a definite response for me other than asking me to spend 2.7m on an education I wouldn’t be able to transfer or use in the future based on fear I might not get the visa. I didn’t get the first visa based on luck, I got it based on my credentials so honestly I don’t see a reason why I shouldn’t get it again.

I would definitely update on the decision I make and the outcome for people who are in my predicament in the future.

Thank you �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 2:22pm On Feb 08, 2022
YinksXO:
Disclaimer: I'm not VO o

If you plan on changing schools, you can submit a new application, it may even be processed fast as you've passed eligibility and background check from your initial application. Make sure in your SOP/LOE, you explain clearly the reason why you're changing DLI's.

I had to submit another application for my daughter after her 1st one was approved because she changed schools, the reason was the province her school was in was not allowing students into the province that period. I attached the letter we received from the school as proof and a new approval was issued in exactly 2 months time. Let me add that this is for a secondary school scenario. So, there are no guarantees but if you feel convicted enough, go for it. Best of luck!

That there was an approval before does not guarantee a faster application. Everything starts all over again with another VO and possibly another scenario not necessary similar to what got her the approval at first.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Vanmanzik2551(m): 2:29pm On Feb 08, 2022
Pls some who knows abt capebreton university shud help me .am stucked guys,just got their letter of admission. Hit me up pls
What'sapp 08145442551.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by dollymon: 2:47pm On Feb 08, 2022
Ok. Thanks
buckyfof:

My eligibility review also started on the 21st of december.
You can order for your gcms notes, so they can Kickstart the application again if they've left it.
You're are almost there ma'am, a little bit of positivity and prayers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by technix: 2:48pm On Feb 08, 2022
It depends on the type of application. Check here:

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp#temporary

KRTL:
Hello everyone

pls how much is the Visa fee for an adult and a minor.

thank you

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ManiCypher(m): 2:55pm On Feb 08, 2022
MsLoolah:

Yes I figured no one has a definite response for me other than asking me to spend 2.7m on an education I wouldn’t be able to transfer or use in the future based on fear I might not get the visa. I didn’t get the first visa based on luck, I got it based on my credentials so honestly I don’t see a reason why I shouldn’t get it again.

Thank you �

What is the course self that you so much dont wanna do.. name of the course pls' cause I am very curious to know why you dont wanna do the course you initially applied for..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by feistymikey(m): 3:05pm On Feb 08, 2022
Good afternoon everyone,

Please whenever I send emails to ircc concerning my application, I only get generic automatic responses.

Is it only me?
Is this a bad sign?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ManiCypher(m): 3:10pm On Feb 08, 2022
Memorial University students with Visa for September waka, let's hook up and create a WhatsApp group or something.
Email me - manidike@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bankowner: 4:00pm On Feb 08, 2022
One way ticket is okay but just more expensive. To get PTA on a one-way ticket, you should provide your school's Letter of Acceptance/Admission alongside your ticket and visa stamped passport.
VonVictor:

What of if I only have a one way ticket. How would I be able to go around that please?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Activateoluwase: 4:15pm On Feb 08, 2022
Jesus please show me love angry IRCC is playing with my mental health. December 16 applicant.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Johnchan2: 4:21pm On Feb 08, 2022
May 11th applicant. Lord have mercy.....
I cannot be depressed... I know I will testify soon

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Julmbachu: 4:28pm On Feb 08, 2022
Oviebright:

Just apply I know of a close friend that got his student visa without even submitting his SOA. Your tuition seems like that of Algonquin college. You can get it without your own SOA.
Thanks a lot for your response. Yes it’s Algonquin College
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by GbemiBukk(f): 4:31pm On Feb 08, 2022
Refusal can never be because she is pregnant. She can get the visa even if she is pregnant.
Did upfront medicals when I was 6months pregnant and I got the visa.

MrsOwoks:
Hello, I’m new here and would like to say I’ve learnt a lot from this thread and am so grateful ��, please I would like to ask a question for my sister, she applied Nov 2021 and she’s yet to do get any update for medical, now she’s pregnant and scared that even when they ask her to go for medical she might not get the visa, please is it true? She applied to a college, she has been really disturbed since yesterday��

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Katehasty: 5:04pm On Feb 08, 2022
Hello house I use God to beg us help me …I’m trying to apply for health care administration program in a college but all seems to be full till next here …please is there any school that you can help me with that will offer the program..
Have check Conestoga , Seneca, northern college,canadore
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by libraman(m): 5:07pm On Feb 08, 2022
Hello pls,

I want to know how to request gcms notes

This is a normal and regular occurrence though..

They are currently doing a background check on you to see if you are Eligible to study in Canada..

Further review simply means, your application has been passed on to a Senior Visa officer by a Junior Visa Officer for a further review for a final decision of your application.

Your final decision isn't too far, be hopeful

Peace [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by jayifeanyi1234: 5:16pm On Feb 08, 2022
Greetings NL family,

Pls, for those that made school fees payment through flywire, alongside the new form A on trade system, what is the process??.

Contributions from anyone will be highly appreciated.

Thank you

Very urgent pls...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by greeners222(m): 5:31pm On Feb 08, 2022
Activateoluwase:
Jesus please show me love angry IRCC is playing with my mental health. December 16 applicant.

Nov Applicant is here Activateoluwase. After Medical was updated to passed Dec 23rd. Background check is all I see

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 5:34pm On Feb 08, 2022
greeners222:

Nov Applicant is here Activateoluwase. After Medical was updated to passed Dec 23rd. Background check is all I see

Abeg, everybody calm down. No dey pressure yourself. Just relax and keep praying. And no forget to dey drink water.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by gazu007: 5:51pm On Feb 08, 2022
Hello, please is anyone here familiar with the University of Calgary continuing education?? how does it work, please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by KRTL: 5:59pm On Feb 08, 2022
technix:
It depends on the type of application. Check here:

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp#temporary

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Beatson: 6:00pm On Feb 08, 2022
I pray water solve dis matter o but it's impossible, all I need now is ppr.
Dec 7th applicant Nothing has changed except my son's medical that was updated on 2nd Feb. Mine was updated in Dec.
Can someone tell me how to count the 90 days application duration by ircc, is weekend inclusive?
Make I know wetin I dey count, by the Grace of God I no go reach d 90dys B4 I go testify in Jesus name. Amen.

Teemenzo
post=110067667:

Abeg, everybody calm down. No dey pressure yourself. Just relax and keep praying. And no forget to dey drink water.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrprolifik: 6:03pm On Feb 08, 2022

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 6:08pm On Feb 08, 2022
Beatson:

I pray water solve dis matter o but it's impossible, all I need now is ppr.
Dec 7th applicant Nothing has changed except my son's medical that was updated on 2nd Feb. Mine was updated in Dec.
Can someone tell me how to count the 90 days application duration by ircc, is weekend inclusive?
Make I know wetin I dey count, by the Grace of God I no go reach d 90dys B4 I go testify in Jesus name. Amen.

You nevet drink cold water before. Take chilled water, you will have sound sleep and forget IRCC. Netflix too dey there.

Baoku, ise o tan.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by blessingflow: 6:13pm On Feb 08, 2022
Western Community College, Surrey

Katehasty:
Hello house I use God to beg us help me …I’m trying to apply for health care administration program in a college but all seems to be full till next here …please is there any school that you can help me with that will offer the program..
Have check Conestoga , Seneca, northern college,canadore
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Osemigho: 6:18pm On Feb 08, 2022
MsLoolah:
Thank you for this response.

I registered for classes already I just haven’t paid yet. Tuition is due on the 16th of feb. my husband is a first time traveler, my fear was based on the numerous complaints about back log and delays for the Sowp. I really don’t want to be alone without him for too long based on the backlogs. That’s why I was thinking of adding him to my new application.

I see others have responded. My advise is no much different. There is an element of luck and grace in Canada student visa. The fact that you even get it for a bachelor's when you have a masters is luck mehn. Yes, your UK profile is very good, but you were still lucky. I think We have past applicants with your profile and full scholarship that was denied on the basis that applicant only have student visa (temporary stay) in UK. I have also supported another applicant on UK student visa that came to Canada to do another masters. So, no two app is the same.

The decision is yours and I wish you the best of luck. If you plan to reapply, make sure you submit the best application and argument for your case. Yes, you can add your husband to your application, but tighten all his profile weaknesses. As you mention he doesn't have any travel history unlike you. So make sure his ties to Nigeria are very strong and convincing.

The truth I won't take the risk if I were you. Will another Nigerian guy with your husband profile risk it? That's a question for another day.

It is possible that you get your visa again and again. So, do it if you're 100% convinced that it is what you want to do. Best, you and your husband get it. Worst you don't. Life is all about risk. If you can take the best and worst case scenario, there is nothing to be afraid of.

Whatever the outcome of your next application, please share your experience and documentation when you get the result. We will like to learn from your experience. It seems the new portal is faster. You can use you that to get a quick decision. All the best.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by blessingflow: 6:19pm On Feb 08, 2022
Calm down...this is July applicant here. I have gone into depression and came out of it with nothing. Take a chill pill and be hopeful...God go show us him special love �

Activateoluwase:

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (920)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.