Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,541 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (921158 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Marytess(f): 10:23am On Feb 08, 2022
KikkyQ:
you dont apply through a separate platform for NSE. You apply using the same study permit everyone uses. You simply must fulfill the requirements for the NSE when applying and they themselves would process it under NSE.

Thank you Kikky
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by stanchibu2004: 10:36am On Feb 08, 2022
I submitted an upfront medical with my application on January 26th, and my medical has not been updated what can I do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by OloriOlufumi123: 10:38am On Feb 08, 2022
Good day everyone.

Please are there schools in[b] Canada[/b] that you do not need GMAT to study a MBA or M.Sc Management? Kindly share with me such schools.

Thanks smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Obibaby: 10:39am On Feb 08, 2022
You have to wait until it's updated. When I submitted my upfront medicals along with my application in November, it got updated 23rd of Dec. So they will update it, be patient.

stanchibu2004:
I submitted an upfront medical with my application on January 26th, and my medical has not been updated what can I do?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by buckyfof(m): 10:45am On Feb 08, 2022
I just got my gcms notes
October 14th applicant
2nd time applicant
And it's showing "review required"
Pre assessment notes is showing - "further review"

What can you guys make of it?

I'm i in trouble?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by iykedpetes(m): 10:52am On Feb 08, 2022
kelchy:
Good afternoon Fam, please is there any one that applied for a Co-op program at Conestoga College. I saw that during the visa application, there is a section for one to attach a letter of work requirement, however, the only letter that I got from Conestoga is the LOA. I'd appreciate any help here.

The co-op letter is the last letter on ur LOA

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omiinii: 10:59am On Feb 08, 2022
No you're not. How many months was your application before you ordered?
Status may have changed now because obviously they aren't finished reviewing your case file as seen in your pre-assesment. Be hopeful. Order again to see the latest stage again.
buckyfof:
I just got my gcms notes
October 14th applicant
2nd time applicant

I'm i in trouble?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by dollymon: 11:06am On Feb 08, 2022
We applied on the same day. Please when did you request for the notes?
buckyfof:
I just got my gcms notes
October 14th applicant
2nd time applicant

I'm i in trouble?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anosky: 11:11am On Feb 08, 2022
Thanks sis.
Osemigho:

From my experience, program that are 1 year and 6 months will officially say their program is 2 years. They are often direct entry bachelor degree at poltechnics with two terms of coursework and 6 months internship. So, they are fully qualified for 3 years post graduate work permit. I believe any other program that is 1 year and 6 months should get 2-3 years work permit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by MARINA49: 11:12am On Feb 08, 2022
Back it up with prayers. God is bigger than VOs and their review. It's well IJN
buckyfof:
I just got my gcms notes
October 14th applicant
2nd time applicant

I'm i in trouble?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by MrsOwoks: 11:16am On Feb 08, 2022
Hello, I’m new here and would like to say I’ve learnt a lot from this thread and am so grateful ��, please I would like to ask a question for my sister, she applied Nov 2021 and she’s yet to do get any update for medical, now she’s pregnant and scared that even when they ask her to go for medical she might not get the visa, please is it true? She applied to a college, she has been really disturbed since yesterday��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kjsoteria: 11:36am On Feb 08, 2022
Please I need a response.
At what point is biometrics updated on your profile if one has done biometrics for a previous application?

Note: first application is for visitor visa (approved) 2 years ago
Current application is for study permit, biometrics is not yet updated after a month of applying. Do I need to send a webform or just ignore?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by buckyfof(m): 11:47am On Feb 08, 2022
Omiinii:
No you're not. How many months was your application before you ordered?
Status may have changed now because obviously they aren't finished reviewing your case file as seen in your pre-assesment. Be hopeful. Order again to see the latest stage again.

It was 2 months and 3 weeks boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by buckyfof(m): 11:48am On Feb 08, 2022
dollymon:
We applied on the same day. Please when did you request for the notes?

January 6th boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by dollymon: 11:56am On Feb 08, 2022
Okay. My eligibilty review started on the 21st of Dec as well. Dont know if it will make sense to order for gmc notes now as I am expecting that they will come up with a final decision soon. Anyways let's be hopeful.... I'm a lady btwn.
buckyfof:

January 6th boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by oludolao: 11:59am On Feb 08, 2022
University Canada West
\
OloriOlufumi123:
Good day everyone.

Please are there schools in[b] Canada[/b] that you do not need GMAT to study a MBA or M.Sc Management? Kindly share with me such schools.

Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by dchamps: 12:12pm On Feb 08, 2022
My sister we have seen people with superb credentials on this thread and they got denied,this visa thing is a game of luck atimes. A moniker shared her ppr story few pages back an agent scammed her of over 2m naira for visa without a positive result. So that your 2m fees see it as playing safe, someone already advised that you should apply for visit visa for hubby then apply for SOWP within Canada. Best of luck in your decision .
MsLoolah:

Yes I figured no one has a definite response for me other than asking me to spend 2.7m on an education I wouldn’t be able to transfer or use in the future based on fear I might not get the visa. I didn’t get the first visa based on luck, I got it based on my credentials so honestly I don’t see a reason why I shouldn’t get it again.

I would definitely update on the decision I make and the outcome for people who are in my predicament in the future.

Thank you �

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by buckyfof(m): 12:24pm On Feb 08, 2022
dollymon:
Okay. My eligibilty review started on the 21st of Dec as well. Dont know if it will make sense to order for gmc notes now as I am expecting that they will come up with a final decision soon. Anyways let's be hopeful.... I'm a lady btwn.

My eligibility review also started on the 21st of december.
You can order for your gcms notes, so they can Kickstart the application again if they've left it.
You're are almost there ma'am, a little bit of positivity and prayers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by stanchibu2004: 12:39pm On Feb 08, 2022
Ok thanks
Obibaby:
You have to wait until it's updated. When I submitted my upfront medicals along with my application in November, it got updated 23rd of Dec. So they will update it, be patient.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Tcrown2020(f): 12:45pm On Feb 08, 2022
buckyfof:

My eligibility review also started on the 21st of december.
You can order for your gcms notes, so they can Kickstart the application again if they've left it.
You're are almost there ma'am, a little bit of positivity and prayers

Hello my people. Please , what effect would a student loan from the like of MPower have on getting a PR or on PGW permit especially in provinces like Ontario . It's an UG 4 year course in Nursing . The first year tuition will be paid by sponsors while loan will.be used for subsequent years .
I have read sollysassysassy posts on.MPower bu it's hot to do with POF
Thanks .
I
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 08, 2022
Tcrown2020:

Hello my people. Please , what effect would a student loan from the like of MPower have on getting a PR or on PGW permit especially in provinces like Ontario . It's an UG 4 year course in Nursing . The first year tuition will be paid by sponsors while loan will.be used for subsequent years .
I have read sollysassysassy posts on.MPower bu it's hot to do with POF
Thanks .
I
Mpower loans are only given within 2 years of graduating
That’s when you are about entering your 3rd year you can apply for it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by VonVictor: 1:14pm On Feb 08, 2022
Bankowner:
You can apply for Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) of USD4,000 through your bank using the new electronic Form A. No bank will sell CAD to you except you're making a payment to your school in Canada and that will be done via wire transfer.

Exchange rate at the bank is very favorable so you need not go to the black market for FX. When you arrive Canada you can change your USD to CAD at Coins and Currency.

To purchase PTA, you need your visa stamped passport and flight return ticket.

Cheers and best wishes.

What of if I only have a one way ticket. How would I be able to go around that please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Perfectyyyyyy: 1:18pm On Feb 08, 2022
It is strange that you are boosting about your credential as criteria for approval. While we can’t rule out the important of the right credentials, I can tell you that in my cases it is a game a luck.

I have a cousins who are identical twin and they were both applying to same university and used the same document. The only differences in their applying is the time of submitting, seconds difference and Name. Yet one got study permit approval and the other was denied on the ground of purpose of study. Let me add that they both did the same undergraduate course in the same university.

Anyway i wish you luck next time. You could create history but I consider it as a wrong move to return to Nigeria after stepping foot in Canada.

MsLoolah:

Yes I figured no one has a definite response for me other than asking me to spend 2.7m on an education I wouldn’t be able to transfer or use in the future based on fear I might not get the visa. I didn’t get the first visa based on luck, I got it based on my credentials so honestly I don’t see a reason why I shouldn’t get it again.

I would definitely update on the decision I make and the outcome for people who are in my predicament in the future.

Thank you �

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 1:25pm On Feb 08, 2022
Perfectyyyyyy:
It is strange that you are boosting about your credential as criteria for approval. While we can’t rule out the important of the right credentials, I can tell you that in my cases it is a game a luck.

I have a cousins who are identical twin and they were both applying to same university and used the same document. The only differences in their applying is the time of submitting, seconds difference and Name. Yet one got study permit approval and the other was denied on the ground of purpose of study. Let me add that they both did the same undergraduate course in the same university.

Anyway i wish you luck next time. You could create history but I consider it as a wrong move to return to Nigeria after stepping foot in Canada.

I did not even read what she wrote until you quoted her. People are very funny. They don't know anything. With the situations of people on this thread, nobody should even have the slightest confidence in their documents. People wey dey loaded sef dey get refusal. Anyways sha, Olorun a ma a so wa.

We need more pprs today.

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 1:38pm On Feb 08, 2022
Hello exmaysn

Dunno why you all keep calling it Old portal, its still very much used.. The new IRCC portal is created for Visiting Visas, its just fortunate that the portal can also be use for study permit Visa..

FIND BELOW THE LINKS TO BOTH PORTALS

REGULAR AND MOST USED PORTAL

https://clegc-gckey.gc.ca/j/eng/l?ReqID=s2cf415d036607a6202a8af99dfdeb510a5ad1d469

NEW IRCC PORTAL

https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

Both portals have their pros and cons, so chose which ever works for you..

Peace

exmaysn12000:

Good day boss, I am new to this Canada study application, just about starting.... Pls which one is new, which is old? Could u kindly share a link or screenshot to this?

Thanks sir

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Tcrown2020(f): 1:38pm On Feb 08, 2022
Malone122:
Mpower loans are only given within 2 years of graduating
That’s when you are about entering your 3rd year you can apply for it

Thanks so.much @ Malone122 . Does it have any effect on post graduate work permit & applying for a PR after graduating?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 1:40pm On Feb 08, 2022
Simply send a Webform and emails to the office handling your application..

Make sure you attach the E-medical sheet given you at the clinic..

Peace
stanchibu2004:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 1:44pm On Feb 08, 2022
You welcome
Wesay01:
Thank you makano

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (920)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.