Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (397) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (908164 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Benwems(m): 8:02pm On Apr 17, 2022
Samxx:
you only need 12 months statement if you are trying to go through NSE , for normal applications 4-6 months is okay

what's NSE bro?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kinkyhead: 8:21pm On Apr 17, 2022
Belle110:
People resuming in MAY, just want to guarantee us that the good news comes this week. AMEN.

Amen!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ninab: 8:31pm On Apr 17, 2022
Onaya:

Hello Omiinii,

Please, do you have any idea how long it takes for the IRCC to respond to application withdrawal request?

One to 4 weeks
Someone got a response in a week another in 4 weeks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bunmijab: 8:31pm On Apr 17, 2022
ninab:

Just use the new portal

Alright thanks much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bunmijab: 8:32pm On Apr 17, 2022
Malone122:
i am so sorry about your refusal you would get it next time
Create a new gckey

Okay. Thanks much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by MightyRance(m): 8:48pm On Apr 17, 2022
Today makes it 26th day i submitted. IRCC is yet to update my medicals.

I have sent my e-medical tracking sheet via webform and email more than 5 times. they are still yet to update it.

I don't know what to do anymore
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Samtob4life: 8:51pm On Apr 17, 2022
Fabprincely:
Good morning and happy easter guys

please is anyone going to olds college Alberta this september?

I want to apply for post graduate diploma course
in Olds college na IELTS pursue me

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bankowner: 9:00pm On Apr 17, 2022
Send a mail to gsne@yahoo.com, let me know when you do.
Johnvee11:

Thanks pls I can get your email or contact
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teezkid: 9:13pm On Apr 17, 2022
Teezkid:
My uncle is my sponsor. What are the things I’ll need to convince the V.O’s for our relationship? And what are the things I would want to succeed? Any tips ?
@Frankrobin1 and any of the gurus, please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Onaya(m): 9:33pm On Apr 17, 2022
Omiinii:
I can't say with certainty how long it would take. Give or take 3 weeks. If a decision has been made already on your app. It's unlikely the withdrawal request will be granted.

You can try to call the processing centers to be certain the flow of things as regards your request.

Thanks for your prompt response and advice. Though I doubt if they had started working on my file as at the time I sent my withdrawal request, as it was less than 24hrs after submitting my study permit application.

Meanwhile, I don't even know the particular visa office where my application has been forwarded to. I just had to send my withdrawal request to Nairobi, Accra, Lagos and London offices of IRCC, in that those offices usually handle applications from Nigeria. Is it possible for me to get their phone contacts online?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Onaya(m): 9:35pm On Apr 17, 2022
ninab:

One to 4 weeks
Someone got a response in a week another in 4 weeks

Thanks a lot for this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Funmilayoo: 9:44pm On Apr 17, 2022
Belle110:
People resuming in MAY, just want to guarantee us that the good news comes this week. AMEN.

Amen ooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by gaeul(f): 9:47pm On Apr 17, 2022
Thanks
Calmdancer21:

Make sure you use wakanow.com go with Qatar airways because they have just one 4 hour layover at Doha, so you don’t need a transit visa.
No go pack multiple stops where you Dey save money na you go tire o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Munando: 10:11pm On Apr 17, 2022
DestinationCann:
Yes it has.
You can get the one by NPC at any primary health center. With #500/1000 each, they'll draw one for you and your siblings.

Noted, thanks for your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jacksonmma1: 10:14pm On Apr 17, 2022
adeddamola:
Congratulations Calmdancer21 and to all PPR Recipients .

May the land of Canada favour you all.

Kindly share your sop, my email address is adedamolahameen@gmail.com.

Thank you.

Please Sir/Madam,can I get a copy of your SOP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jacksonmma1: 10:16pm On Apr 17, 2022
Calmdancer21:
You can become a travel advisor just from what you read here. for all of you that contributed and keeps contributing to the success of others may God keep blessing you my target is to help at least one person from this from without charging kobo
Here is my timeline
Application Submission: 23 November
Biometrics: December 3
Upfront Medical: 17 November
medical updated to pass December 23
Eligibility: Started in January
i had to defer my admission to spring, applied for a new CAQ and also uploaded my new LOA via webform

Documents Submitted;
All IMM forms
School Fees payment receipt for $8000
4 page SOP, where i explained my study gap and also a lump sum in the account of my sponsor
Bank Statements of my sponsor including salary account. NB sponsor is my mom
Marriage Certificate of my parents
My Dad's Death Certificate
Gift Deed of a land and one house from my mom
All the documents of my mom landed properties
her 4 months salary slip
her employment letter
her passport
her affidavit of support
her letter of support

on my part
i submitted a letter of recommendation from a volunteer job which stated that me going for my studies will be a great opportunity to add my to their workforce when i complete my studies
B.Sc Results & Transcript
IELTS 7.5
NYSC cert
my car papers
my drivers license
Resume
two photos of my moms house

during the wait i started writing IRCC some emails and i noticed they blocked my email address, so i switched to webform then moved on to message all 78 MPs representing quebec, ordered my gcm notes but it has not arrived yet.
i did not submit MybankStatements for myself.

i tried reaching out to some gurus personally to help me at some point but they kept insisting that they handle the whole process. which i declined for personal reasons thank God it worked out for me.
with time i am also willing to assist with a copy of my SOP, if that will help.

Please Sir/Madam,can i see a copy of your SOP??
Thanks

E-mail:collinseno64@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Iffylove: 10:17pm On Apr 17, 2022
write out a consent letter giving out your consent that you allow your child to travel with your spouse and send it to them by mail or webform.
You should receive a response to this. or else reapply for the child on the new application portal.

Electroweb:

My spouse and child applied in may 2021. My spouse got her study permit but my child’s TRV is not out yet. We are praying to God for a positive outcome. I have filled a webform though.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 10:32pm On Apr 17, 2022
Belle110:

Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by shinaxurdick: 10:49pm On Apr 17, 2022
Tcrown2020:

It's a DLI with Pgwp . You will take ferry from Vancouver to vancouver Island o. It far from vancouver city.but good uni .
My niece schooled there , she is in Nanaino
thanks so much bro.... pls how can i get connected with the person .. i need to ask some few questions.. especially job availability for students there. Thanks..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by shinaxurdick: 10:51pm On Apr 17, 2022
Tcrown2020:

It's a DLI with Pgwp . You will take ferry from Vancouver to vancouver Island o. It far from vancouver city.but good uni .
My niece schooled there , she is in Nanaino
please bro i mail u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by atoke2021: 1:04am On Apr 18, 2022
Hello all,

Please i am looking for a PGD in human resources that lasts for more than 12 months. I have found schools like Cambrian college, and Camosun college but they are all 12 months. As you all know, to get PGWP of more than 1 year, your program has to be more than a year. Please if anyone knows any pgd programs in HRM that is about 16 months, please let me know.

It is for my sister who has a 2.2 bachelors in mass communication and just finished NYSC last year.

Thank you all, i really appreciate it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 1:06am On Apr 18, 2022
Positiveme2020:

Goodday Sir, Please I really appreciate the link. I am done with the sop. Please in what order can I arrange my document. Where does the sop come in.

You are welcome

Go through the posts in the links below

DETAILED LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR STUDY VISA AND THEIR APPROPRIATE CATEGORIES FOR UPLOAD
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/274#93325073

Guidelines on how to Merge your documents for CLIENT INFORMATION section & PROOF OF FUNDS section
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/115#91040264

There is a NEW PORTAL for CANADA STUDY APPLICATION, await a response from the house as regards the appropriate section to upload your SOP

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 1:09am On Apr 18, 2022
Lani84:
Good day friends!

PPR dropped this morning at 7:16AM WAT. I am in Canada but I helped my sister with her application. Here is her timeline:

2nd time applicant
Submitted: January 1 2022
Ghost update: January 2 2022
Medicals passed: February 1 2022
No idea when eligibility started
PPR: April 14 2022

Her first application was refused based on financial status and purpose of travel. GCMS notes indicated that there were lump sum deposits in her spouse account and her SOP was poorly written. I wasn't involved in the first application, but with the GCMS notes and advice from fellow Nairalanders, we repackaged and re-applied using the GCKey Portal.

Documents submitted:
All IMM forms
2-page SOP outlining the relevance of the course to her current career (she studied Building but is going for PGD Business Management), home ties are parents, siblings and husband that won't be coming with her, and promotion on return from her studies
Spouse MBS showing savings + printed statement
Spouse Salary account
Spouse payslips
Spouse employment confirmation letter
Her payslips
Her salary account
Her Mutual Funds statement
Letter of explanation for lump sum deposits, explained in tabular form. I didn't add any receipts or evidence, I just stated where they were from and let the narration on the statement corroborate. Like my friend said, 'no too dey shalaye'
Letter of introduction from her office
Her ID Card
Her CV showing the career change
Police clearance certificate
Passport page

We ordered GCMS notes on the 13th of March but we are yet to receive it.

I also reached out to my MP but they said they would check and let me know by the 21st of April.

On the dot of 13 weeks, which is the processing time on the website, we started sending daily emails and weekly webforms, stating that enrolment is in the 15th of April and can they please help. All received generic response. I told her to stop sending emails by that 15th because honestly I was tired of the no response. The PPR email came today.

Her passport expiry was 2023 and her course is 2 years, so we renewed while it waiting and sent the new one via webform. When she is sending the passport to VFS, does she have to send in both or just the new one?

Thanks to everyone on this thread for supporting and helping each other. Special thanks to @Makano, @Anon123, @Ketima and @Lekiboboe for always patiently answering questions. Nairaland doesn't send notifications of responses so I just found out that you all responded to my query on the previous thread. Thank you very much.

For everyone waiting, God will do it.

You are welcome ma'am.Wish you exploits in MAPLE LAND

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 1:18am On Apr 18, 2022
atoke2021:
Hello all,

Please i am looking for a PGD in human resources that lasts for more than 12 months. I have found schools like Cambrian college, and Camosun college but they are all 12 months. As you all know, to get PGWP of more than 1 year, your program has to be more than a year. Please if anyone knows any pgd programs in HRM that is about 16 months, please let me know.

It is for my sister who has a 2.2 bachelors in mass communication and just finished NYSC last year.

Thank you all, i really appreciate it

Check this

Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Human Resources Management
Kwantlen Polytechnic University, British Columbia
https://www.kpu.ca/business/post-baccalaureate/hr-management
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Electroweb(m): 1:24am On Apr 18, 2022
DestinationCann:
So sorry to hear.
Did they ask for anything for her?

Nothing was asked. I wrote and submitted a consent letter for my child via webform.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Electroweb(m): 1:25am On Apr 18, 2022
Iffylove:
write out a consent letter giving out your consent that you allow your child to travel with your spouse and send it to them by mail or webform.
You should receive a response to this. or else reapply for the child on the new application portal.

Yes, I did that in the webform I filled.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ojb555666: 1:43am On Apr 18, 2022
Ojb555666:
Good afternoon Bro, how are you Sir?
Please there are inquiries I will like to make concerning getting study permit:
1) I base and work in UAE currently
2) I just got admission into NBCC for an undergraduate certificate program(Clients service and sales) but I already have B.sc in Banking and Finance(2:1) since 2011
3) where do I stand a better chance of getting the study permit between Nigeria and UAE?
4) I don't have any asset and still single for home ties, except for my parents and siblings back home.
5) I still need up to 2 million to complete my proof of fund but that I can easily borrow
6) what are the documents I should be needing?
7) currently working as a Waiter cum Barista in UAE with over 4 years experience.
Please from your experience, do I stand a chance? Thank you in advance for your kind response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by atoke2021: 2:05am On Apr 18, 2022
Thank you so much. I have added it to our list of schools to apply to for January 2023 start date

Lekiboboe:

Check this

Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Human Resources Management
Kwantlen Polytechnic University, British Columbia
https://www.kpu.ca/business/post-baccalaureate/hr-management
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Obibaby: 2:33am On Apr 18, 2022
@MightyRance... I don't really think there's anything to worry about cz it will definitely be updated. Mine took a month and 13days, and I didn't even worry nor send them any emails or webforms. I still got my PPR later on. So there's nothing to do but to be patient.
Some even get theirs updated a day to their PPR. You've done your part right, allow them do theirs.

Good luck.

MightyRance:
Today makes it 26th day i submitted. IRCC is yet to update my medicals.

I have sent my e-medical tracking sheet via webform and email more than 5 times. they are still yet to update it.

I don't know what to do anymore

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by joedave(m): 2:40am On Apr 18, 2022
makano:
Hello Joedave

Your sponsor will have to submit his/her SOA, it is very compulsory, you cant avoid it..

You can do a Deed gift from him and if you know you have the required funds in your statement of account, then you can apply as a self sponsor, since you are doubting his own statement of account..

But note that you cant do without submitting your sponsor's statement of account for proof of funds..

Peace

You forgot to add '25' to the moniker you quoted. It wasn't me!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by shankeybee: 5:54am On Apr 18, 2022
Elixosodi:
Greetings everyone,
I got a refusal letter today from Memorial University.

Please does anyone knows any colleges that is still accepting applications against falls?

Thanks

U can try Durham College
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by MightyRance(m): 6:01am On Apr 18, 2022
Obibaby:
@MightyRance... I don't really think there's anything to worry about cz it will definitely be updated. Mine took a month and 13days, and I didn't even worry nor send them any emails or webforms. I still got my PPR later on. So there's nothing to do but to be patient.
Some even get theirs updated a day to their PPR. You've done your part right, allow them do theirs.

Good luck.

OK. thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.