Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,072 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (560) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (909133 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by zmande: 11:05am On May 25, 2022
Hello guys,

So my wife applied for her visa over 48 hours ago now, my son and I plan accompanying her. She has received letter to go do her biometrics but they haven't sent me to do one which is delaying her from doing hers since we paid for family of 2 biometrics and neither have I been issued a UCI number. Is anyone here familiar with this and how do you think we can go about it?

Every advice will be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ifeoluwa1963: 11:15am On May 25, 2022
Good morning,
Pls were you able to get the group chat? i would also like to be added to the group chat

Dymphnauloeme:

Hi prezoi I am new here and also applying to university of Windsor for January 2023 session. I sent you a mail request. I would like to ask some questions and basically have someone to go through the process with.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Uzoamaka123: 11:27am On May 25, 2022
Good morning.
Pls is it just me ?

I’ve entered my bvn and it just keeps showing this loading sign and I’m unable to register.

I want to request for Form A for tuition payment.
Is their server down or what?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Damanjay: 11:38am On May 25, 2022
Chukwuemekatehi:
Firstly, I want to thank God for making this day a reality for me and thank you guys too for the many congratulations. Honestly I am short of words to explain this because it still look like a movie to me.

my story is long and I thank God it ended in praise after all.

this journey started in 2018 when I first nursed the plan of travelling out which was motivated by something that happened in my office. I started looking for ways to Japa and stumbled on nairaland. there, I met a guy Joe and sent him a message and luckily he responded and agreed to help me get admission to conestoga college, which he did but it was a college diploma.

I was happy and started making plans to apply for visa and in November 2018, I applied for Visa. When my biometrics instruction letter came, I discovered that I wrongly imputed my Country of Origin as Algeria and I felt so bad. I asked on Nairaland and was told to send an updated IMM1249 form and I did and it was corrected.

December 2018, the Visas was rejected and i felt so bad and started looking for ways to apply for another school. it was then I met Frank Roben and I started chatting with him. He told me there was no career progression and that I needed to apply for a program that shows progression. I started looking for schools and finally stumbled on Humber college PGC in Business Management. I applied and was given admission and the visa processing preparations began.

I applied for my visa on April 17 2019 and the wait began. To cut the whole story short, I was refused on July 13th 2019.

I got tired of the whole process and a friend told me about the express entry and I decided to focus on that and leave them with their wahala.

I evaluated my credentials, and started preparation for Ielts and in January 2020, I took my first ielts and had overall 7.5 but I needed 8.5 to be on 485. I felt so bad and decided to write again. In February 2020 I wrote the second and it was 7.5 too. This was how I decided to write back to back and on the 10th attempt, I had 8.5 and was so happy.

I updated my profile and few days after, Vivid became intense and ITA was put on hold. ( see me see village people, but we moveeeee)

I continued waiting for ITA and in January, I added a year and lost about 5 points. omo, e be like say this journey no be for me. the thought of marriage come dey enter my head. at least make I marry know say na that one I achieve. but mercy said no.

in 2021, I decided to give study route another shot and this time I no go near Ontario. lol

I started looking for schools and channeled my search to NB and MB although I applied and got admission at Seneca and centennial but these were back up plan.

Finally I saw this school in Winnipeg and I contacted them. Their application process was bomb because u must send transcript directly from school and application fee was 190Cad. Omo, I decided to try and see what happens. I applied and it took my school 4 months to send transcript after several greasing of palm and pleas. finally they gave me admission and I paid the 5k Cad deposit.

I started arranging documents for my application and was asking many questions. I wrote my SOP and one babe for our Manitoba group gave me clue on how to write a separate LOE for my Finance.

I had lump sums and was worried about how to address it, I met someone who gave me clue on how he did his. and it was superb.

I finally submitted my application on 28November and the wait started. one, two, three months gone and my application was without form and void while people were getting eligibility and Ghost update, me no even see spirit talk of Ghost(lol)

I paid another part tuition and sent the receipt and yet nothing. April came and my school sent me a mail to confirm if I am resuming in may and defer (may 2023 because my program has only 1 intake every year) if I am not or start online.

Omo I didn't respond, I intensified prayers and I was always ranting to frnds

April 30 and no PPR and eligibility never even start for my profile and it was then I made up my mind to start online(if I perish, I perish) I ordered for my GCMS note which came back empty. info sharing complete, medical passed, background check:complete.

I didn't want to tell anyone so nobody will tell me not to. I did my orientation on 3 and 4 may and lectures started 5th may. it wasnt funny because my program was evening (6 to 9pm CA time) which is 12 to 3 am our time but na me sign am, so I must do am.

I updated IRCC bout this and they sent me a message that my application is under review. I decided not to send another mail. na their country, any thing they wan do, make them do.

I left them and didn't even check my application for one week. on 9th may, I ordered for my second notes and was waiting for to come to know what is happening. I logged in after 1week on 19th May, and discovered that my eligibility has started and I even had a ghost update.

I intensified prayers, strted fast on and was also doing 12am prayers. This afternoon, I logged into my mail and omo I died I was shaking as I speedily logged into my Gckey. it was then It dawned on me that My Canada dream is now a reality.

May God bless all of you.

Application Timeline

Portal -Old IRCC Portal
App Submitted - November 28, 2021
Upfront Medical - Oct 5th , 2021
Medicals Passed - Dec 22, 2021
Eligibility Review Started - May 19, 2022
BVL/PPR - May 24, 2022
Duration - 6months (3rd time applicant)

Documents Submitted

Letter of Acceptance(2 years )
SOP(5 pages)
Tuition Receipt
WAEC Certificate
Undergraduate Certificate
NYSC Certificate
IELTS Result (General - 8.5)
Pics of myself taken in a poultry farm( as home tie) told them I love my fowls and they love me so I am coming back to be with them (lol) no mind me.
Transcripts
International Passport
Birth Certificates of me and siblings
Vaccination Card
eMedical Slip
Mum's ID Voters Card
Family Pictures (Labelled everyone)
study leave letter
letter of Introduction
letter from my cooperative showing I am a member and that they gave me 3m
investment agreement, ( thanks to Olabiyi for this idea)
Hire purchase agreement
land lease agreement
survey plan
1 year MBS - Personal Account (9.2million balance, 13.5m With steady inflow and outflow
salary payslip
LOE for finance

Note: I notarized the investment , land lease and hire purchase documents

I think these are the documents I submitted. Thank you for reading my longggggg PPR gist and timeline, I hope it'll be useful to others one way or the other. I wish everyone who is expecting a positive result soonest

Wow congratulations
Please how did you request for your gcm notes??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Sensible11: 12:02pm On May 25, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by OlaideOla63: 12:11pm On May 25, 2022
Hello guys, I am new on this platform, I submitted my visa application to Canada since last year November and I have done my biometric capturing too but up until now, I have not received any feedback email from IRCC and this is making me restless, is this a general issue? Is anyone experiencing this delay too? This is the 2nd time I'm asking this, somone should pls help me out �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Wealthh: 12:26pm On May 25, 2022
OlaideOla63:
Hello guys, I am new on this platform, I submitted my visa application to Canada since last year November and I have done my biometric capturing too but up until now, I have not received any feedback email from IRCC and this is making me restless, is this a general issue? Is anyone experiencing this delay too? This is the 2nd time I'm asking this, somone should pls help me out �
You are not alone o.... ds people are just fucking with someone’s mental health

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Obibaby: 12:30pm On May 25, 2022
Please is it possible for someone in Canada to help pay your tuition fee, no matter the amount?
If it's possible, please what the easiest way to send the money to the person.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Topjim786: 12:56pm On May 25, 2022
Yes. Anyone overthere can help you pay.
Obibaby:
Please is it possible for someone in Canada to help pay your tuition fee, no matter the amount?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by jeezybuck: 12:57pm On May 25, 2022
My people its PPR, please give me some time. I will share timeline..

March 1 applicant.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Topjim786: 12:58pm On May 25, 2022
Obibaby:

Thank you.

Anyone in US can help you pay your application fees. Provided know or trust the person.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Topjim786: 12:58pm On May 25, 2022
jeezybuck:

March 1 applicant.

Congratulations....... land of Canada will favour you....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by vividlooks(f): 1:02pm On May 25, 2022
Obibaby:

Thank you.

Yes. But that's If you have a trusted contact in Canada that is willing to sell some funds. So you fund his/her naira account....

Please note it has to be someone you know ooo. Just in case there's a need to get a refund.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 1:02pm On May 25, 2022
jeezybuck:

March 1 applicant.

Awwwwn... Congratulations oh! I’m next in line

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by DestinationCann: 1:17pm On May 25, 2022
I guess the platform is down. Several other people are complaining.

Uzoamaka123:
Good morning.
Pls is it just me ?

I’ve entered my bvn and it just keeps showing this loading sign and I’m unable to register.

I want to request for Form A for tuition payment.
Is their server down or what?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by FAVANA: 1:22pm On May 25, 2022
It's not just you o. I applied in November also, still waiting.
OlaideOla63:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by FAVANA: 1:23pm On May 25, 2022
Congratulations to you.
I am next in Jesus' name
jeezybuck:

March 1 applicant.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Johnvee11: 1:24pm On May 25, 2022
Good day house…..
Submitted my application on May 17
Did biometrics 20th not yet updated showing we still need your fingerprint thought it supposed to be updated same day should I send the biometrics slip to IRCC?
Upfront medical 19— showing we are reviewing your medical results.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Dimondtis: 1:29pm On May 25, 2022
Still waiting for mine. Its been 5months.

OlaideOla63:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by vividlooks(f): 1:32pm On May 25, 2022
jeezybuck:

March 1 applicant.

Congratulations!!. I'm booking my space too...

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by AbionaT(f): 1:36pm On May 25, 2022
possessor1:
first application April 6 2021: (old portal)Biometrics
April 7th.. Biometrics updated ..July 8th: 
May 19: Upfront Medical
Medicals done May 19 ....
June 2 Upfront medical updated 
--- no NSE request at allEligibility started July 16th
Request Letter Back charge July 31st
Paid August 2nd PFL Procedural fairness 
August 25thResponded to procedural fairness
August 29th Visa denied November 12th

The reason for the PFL/charge back was that my agent used someone's card to pay my visa fees. I was pissed, but I was like...I can't let someone pour sand in my Garri. Initially I thought he was being fraudulent because the person with the card he used to pay wasn't forthcoming with the bank statement. I quickly paid another application fee without an explanation.

IRCC sent me mail showing PFL and a potential 5 years ban saying I should explain why debt to the crown was incurred in the first place. Mogbe!
I was here thinking...how do I explain to IRCC that a friend used his friend's card to pay for my VISA application.Guess what that's exactly what I did. I told IRCC exactly that! and that it was a common problem in the NIgerian banking system.

I also shared a CBN article talking about the dollar limit CBN placed on Nigerian banks.I took it to court to notarize it.
The guy later sent his statement,  I added it to what was sent.
After everything I got rejected on November 12, 2021

I put myself together and reapplied December 3rd with the new portal. (This time I paid full tuition and switched progratailored to my current job experience)No single thing in my application changed. I started classes online which was a story for another day. I sent emails and webforms, no response. At one point I thought something was wrong with the portal! I was like, unlike the old portal where I was getting updatesMedical viewed, with date viewed/ updated. Eligibility etc. This one is nothing! like no single update.

December, January, February, March...I was like hmmmmmmm. Then in March. IRCC responded to my webform saying I should resubmit all the documents I applied with! I was like what!!! IRCC lost my file or what? (by this time some people I started the process with and got rejected were already in the UK asking me how far... wont I jump ship to the UK? that IRCC is using us to catch trips.

I was like sighhh. I encouraged myself in the Lord. I submitted everything again to IRCC through webform. 2 weeks later this time In April 2022. They sent another email saying that I should submit everything again. 
This time I panicked . I started calling on God like my life depended on it.

It actually did.Because He is the alpha and Omega, my application is in between. He is El roi ...The God who sees. It was at this point I shared what was going on with Maureen. 
Maureen was like I should just hang in there.. and keep believing. Her encouragement was like cold soothing water in a dry and thirsty land.
I also reached out to 2 MPs, they were like its not in their jurisdiction, except it is critical. I emailed one of them saying I have not even gotten an update. He said he will send a mail to IRCC on my behalf. This was third week of april.

IRCC responded to him that criminality has been passed. I was like what does that even mean... Im like okay...
Then I sent another strong, subtle, emotional but stern mail that I think my situation is very critical because my next semester is not online and I really need a response.He sent another mail to IRCC stating that if I don't hear from them in 4 weeks, I should send him a mail.

May 23rd I sent him a mail.Booom!!!
PPR May 24th!
2nd Application timeline
Dec 3 applied* (no signle update...my portal hasnt changed!)
May 24th PPR

List of documents submitted are
1. Admission Letter
2. Degree Certificate.
3. Previous Company Contract Letter and ID card. (notarized)
4. Current Company Contract Letter and ID card. (notarized)
5. Leave of Absence 
7. IELTS Exam Result. (notarized)
8. Full Conestoga Tuition Fee Invoice. 
9. Sponsors’ Sworn Affidavit of Financial Support.
10. Sponsorship letter. (notarized)
11. Sponsors’ Financial Statement.
12. Sponsors’ Investment Portfolio.
13. Sponsors’ Sworn Affidavit and Police Report for loss of Retirement Letter. (notarized)
14. Sponsors’ International Passport Data Page.
15. Sponsors’ Land Sale Receipt. (notarized)
16. International Passport Data page.
17. Payslip from March 2021 – October 2021.
18. Travel History – Visa Page on Passport. ( 9 years ago UK and Turkey)
19. Reference letter from School.
20. Bank Reference Letter. 
21. My Electronic Financial Statement with ticket ID and password.
22. WES

Im open to questions

Congratulations, may Canada favour you.
Please how do you combine your documents in each space in the portal, how do you compress it to 2MB
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ebukawilson13: 1:42pm On May 25, 2022
Can you please give me an idea on how to address it properly?
ShowYoung:

I know that ND program is 2 years, you said you had your high school certificate 6 years ago. If this is true, it's easy to simplify your 6 year study gap.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 2:13pm On May 25, 2022
OlaideOla63:

Have you done this?

See the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/233#98887041
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Obibaby: 2:13pm On May 25, 2022
Thank you so much

Topjim786:

Anyone in US can help you pay your application fees. Provided know or trust the person.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Obibaby: 2:14pm On May 25, 2022
Thank you so much smiley

vividlooks:

Yes. But that's If you have a trusted contact in Canada that is willing to sell some funds. So you fund his/her naira account....

Please note it has to be someone you know ooo. Just in case there's a need to get a refund.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kinkyhead: 2:23pm On May 25, 2022
Congratulation.
Its my turn to post ppr. Its high time! God willingly

jeezybuck:

March 1 applicant.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kinkyhead: 2:31pm On May 25, 2022
Na general o. We plenty just lurking at corner cool dey pray and wait patiently. las las e go reach us one by one grin
The waiting will not be in vain in Jesus name. Amen

OlaideOla63:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kennyjoy(m): 2:59pm On May 25, 2022
AbionaT:
URGENT
Hello Guru in the house.
Please help me ooo
I have compressed my documents but it still more than 2MB. I'm using the new portal.
I want to ask whether I can remove and add to the document that is not upto 2MB.
Like the space for letter of acceptance and space for passport document. Can i add other documents to them to spread it.
Thank you.

Make use of the consent form section.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chiziteremary: 3:18pm On May 25, 2022
Congrats. May the land of Canada favour u. Mine is next in Jesus name

jeezybuck:

March 1 applicant.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemie22: 3:54pm On May 25, 2022
Johnvee11:
Good day house…..
Submitted my application on May 17
Did biometrics 20th not yet updated showing we still need your fingerprint thought it supposed to be updated same day should I send the biometrics slip to IRCC?
Upfront medical 19— showing we are reviewing your medical results.
You’re not alone. I submitted May 8, upfront medical March 28, biometrics May 13th. Nothing has reflect on the portal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Oluwanishore(f): 4:06pm On May 25, 2022
zmande:
Hello guys,

So my wife applied for her visa over 48 hours ago now, my son and I plan accompanying her. She has received letter to go do her biometrics but they haven't sent me to do one which is delaying her from doing hers since we paid for family of 2 biometrics and neither have I been issued a UCI number. Is anyone here familiar with this and how do you think we can go about it?

Every advice will be appreciated.

I also applied alongside my family and my husband's UCI and biometric instruction letter came 24 hours after mine. You can tell your wife to sign-in to her portal and check if there's a new message for you. All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by paragon4b: 4:06pm On May 25, 2022
@ LEKIBOBOE

PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL

(1) (2) (3) ... (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.