Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (576) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (925432 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Boluwatifebaby: 3:53pm On May 29, 2022
Wesay01:
Hey guys i just got delay ���

It's okay. You'd get it next time.
You could share the generic reason given so it can be possibly explained but at the same time, order for gcms notes to fully understand the reason why it was denied.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tracy0803409: 3:56pm On May 29, 2022
Good afternoon House, Congratulations to all PPR holders and to the rest of us PPR hopefuls, this week is our week in Jesus Name, Amen

Please my neighbor,we both started this Canadian dream together, just received his PPR on Friday, although he used an agent, he has deferred his admission to January 2023,what is he to do now, is he to send his passport first for stamping or to send his new letter of admission to IRCC, pls advice needed.

He just asked me, me I applied myself, yet to receive PPR, I don't know what to answer, because all I know today, I learnt it here

Pls your advice house, thanks family

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Aitchugo: 3:58pm On May 29, 2022
Wesay01:

What delay?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Tyga0001: 3:59pm On May 29, 2022
I will get my PPR this week. Amen

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teezkid: 4:08pm On May 29, 2022
You are welcome.
Abby212:
Ok thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kweje: 4:08pm On May 29, 2022
boxymccoy:
I also got an admission with University of Manitoba, University 1. Pls can you send me the link to page 1 of this thread abeg
Hi, sorry just read this. There are page numbers on this thread. Just click on (1) thats page one. I think we are currently on page 576. Look leftwards, you will see page (1)

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 29, 2022
[quote author=afosoft post=113200471]Where or Who is F&R global on narialand...

Lets know you please... any other person use this F&R globla?

You can reach Mr Frank here- http://fandrglobal.com

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kweje: 4:21pm On May 29, 2022
Wesay01:
Sorry about that. You were asking about upfront medicals about 2 weeks ago.
So these people work weekends?
Please share the the reason and details of application for input from the house.
Ordering your GCMS would also be a step in right direction.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kweje: 4:25pm On May 29, 2022
tracy0803409:
Good afternoon House, Congratulations to all PPR holders and to the rest of us PPR hopefuls, this week is our week in Jesus Name, Amen

Please my neighbor,we both started this Canadian dream together, just received his PPR on Friday, although he used an agent, he has deferred his admission to January 2023,what is he to do now, is he to send his passport first for stamping or to send his new letter of admission to IRCC, pls advice needed.

He just asked me, me I applied myself, yet to receive PPR, I don't know what to answer, because all I know today, I learnt it here

Pls your advice house, thanks family
Congrats to him.
He got a PPR, let him fulfil that request. They wont put a hold on stamping his passport because of new LOA.
The new LOA can be uploaded later to serve as information to IRCC.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by TheDarkGamer: 4:39pm On May 29, 2022
TheDarkGamer:
Good day everyone.

I wanted to ask if a child under the age of eighteen (seventeen years old) is eligible for an Alberta Health Card. And how can you get one?

Thank you in advance.

I wanted to ask if a child under the age of eighteen (seventeen years old) is eligible for an Alberta Health Card. And how can you get one?

Thank you in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by stanmorry(m): 4:41pm On May 29, 2022
Finally paid with NGN debit card. It's pretty much high.
johnstan:

Payment has to be through one of the payment methods on the school's website,
I used flywire because the other options were more expensive,
Flywire will generate an invoice you can use to make your payment and be sure to note the expiration date on the invoice.

Yea i used Access bank and it took almost the whole validity time of the invoice for the payment to be made
Spent about $1179 USD - a bit over N500k cos of the transfer charges, i am yet to get confirmation feedback from flywire of successful credit to the school
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 4:51pm On May 29, 2022
Muslimah120:
Hello good day everyone
Please I have questions on behalf of my sister
She is a graduate of nutrition and dietetics with cgpa 4.16 and she proceeded to do masters in public health and got a B
Now she wants to continue on the path of nutrition and dietetics please can you suggest universities that are still open for January 2023 intake that she can apply to for masters in nutrition and dietetics
And also will goin for a second masters affect visa chances
Please I would appreciate the gurus to help
In this matter
What universities can she apply to and what other course can she look into??
She is presently working as a senior scientific officer in food safety government company in Abuja

Please help guys cry

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by bsafolabi: 5:05pm On May 29, 2022
Hello �!
Anybody going to Regina University by july? Let's link up.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by JDB55(m): 5:18pm On May 29, 2022
Wow 1500 per month when we are paying 500 per month with all utilities inclusive [/quote]

Do you stay on campus or off?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by DebrahOj: 5:22pm On May 29, 2022
@stanmorry how did you make payment with your naira card?
I know the current limit for GTB is 200 dollars and some other banks still 20 dollars.
Please do share.

stanmorry:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by MamateesLababy: 5:26pm On May 29, 2022
Good afternoon everyone. Happy Sunday!
Please I need advise.
I’m traveling in July for study (Got my PPR since January). My upfront medical was done since May 2021 when I applied for my study visa. Is it still valid? I haven’t received anything from IRCC to update it. Is that normal?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bblight: 5:34pm On May 29, 2022
Anyone going to Memorial university of Newfoundland for fall semester 2022 please send a message let’s link up.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nozino: 5:41pm On May 29, 2022
DebrahOj:

@stanmorry how did you make payment with your naira card?
I know the current limit for GTB is 200 dollars and some other banks still 20 dollars.
Please do share.

Hello, are you sure the dollar limit on gtb card is $200?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Olayinkaji(m): 5:50pm On May 29, 2022
Good day house. Please I would like to take a question. Is 10 million naira good for proof of funds for a pgd program 2 years. 1st year school fees of approx 10k cad.
Mine is 3m and sponsor is 7m.
I would want to know if that is enough to use to apply for visa with that as a POF.
Thank you, your responses will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 6:22pm On May 29, 2022
MamateesLababy:
Please I need advise.
I’m traveling in July for study (Got my PPR since January). My upfront medical was done since May 2021 when I applied for my study visa. Is it still valid? I haven’t received anything from IRCC to update it. Is that normal?

You already got your passport stamped and returned right? How does medicals come in again? IRCC is done with you. I guess If they needed you to update it then you wouldn’t have gotten PPR and you don’t need medicals to travel... you have your visa already i guess, not really sure! Wait for the gurus
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 6:23pm On May 29, 2022
Nozino:

Hello, are you sure the dollar limit on gtb card is $200?

Yes it is
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 6:24pm On May 29, 2022
JDB55:

Wow 1500 per month when we are paying 500 per month with all utilities inclusive

Do you stay on campus or off?

Off
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 6:27pm On May 29, 2022
I’m booking my PPR space here this week.
God has done it already...
It has ended in Praise already...
I receive my Congratulations and Celebration...

21 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nozino: 6:29pm On May 29, 2022
CharitoJames:
I’m booking my PPR space here this week.
God has done it already...
It has ended in Praise already...
I receive my Congratulations and Celebration...

Amen.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chiziteremary: 6:38pm On May 29, 2022
Congrats. May the land of Canada favour u. Mine is next in Jesus name.

mamoskay:
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. (Prov 3:5-6)

PPR!!!!!!

GCKey
1st-time applicant (my wife)

Upfront medicals: 14 Feb 22
Application Submitted: 1 Mar 22
Biometrics Collection Letter: 2 Mar 22
Biometrics Enrolment: 7 Mar 22
Biometrics Updated: 7 Mar 22 (The biometrics number, with enrolment and expiry dates, were updated on the account profile, but the application status kept saying "your action is required", "we need your fingerprints..."wink
Medicals passed: 7 Mar 22
Biometrics section finally changed to 'completed': 6 April 22
Eligibility started: 3 May 22
Requested GCMS: 24 May 22
Raised web form to request an update on the status of the application: 24 May 22 (got an automated acknowledgement of receipt)
Correspondence Letter: 28 May 22
PPR: 28 May 22

Documents submitted
IMM 1294e (Application for study permit made outside of Canada)
IMM 5645e (Family Information)
IMM 5257b Schedule 1 (Application for temporary residence)
Letter of acceptance
Evidence of work requirements in the study
Proof of upfront medical examination
Passport
Digital photo

LOE (4 pages)
- Enclosure Page listing all supporting documents with their page numbers
- Police character certificate
- IELTS General (expiry date 19 March 2022)
- IELTS exemption letter from the school
- GRE score report
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Newspaper publication of change of name
- NIN slip
- Resume
- University degree + transcript
- WAEC certificate
- Primary school certificate
- Certificate of national service (NYSC)
- Professional certificate
- Employment confirmation letter
- Promotion letter
- Upgrade of job title letter
- Change of job role letter
- Letter of introduction from spouse's employer
- Spouse employment letter
- Spouse promotion letter
- Spouse work ID card
- Award (spouse)
- Spouse professional registration + license
- Birth certificates of spouse and children
- Passports of spouse and children
- Passports of parents
- Documents for siblings (passport, NIN, employment letter, work ID)
- Wedding pictures (court, trad, white)
- Pictures with spouse and children
- Pictures of spouse
- Pictures with parents and siblings
- Local Government certificate of origin
- Certificate of recognition by the local chapter of state student association while in the university
- Certificate of commendation during NYSC

Proof of Funds
- Cover letter (2 pages)
- Table of content
- School scholarship letter
- Acceptance deposit receipt
- CIBC student deposit program wire transfer confirmation email
- CIBC student deposit account welcome letter
- 6 months bank statements for the applicant's 2 domiciliary accounts (one was MBS and the other was a printed bank statement because the bank does not offer MBS)
- MPOWER student loan approval letter (for 2022/2023 academic session)
- MPOWER correspondence showing eligibility for another loan for the 2023/2024 academic session)
- 6 months Retirement Savings Account statement
- 4 months Payslips
- 2022 salary and bonus increment letter
- Spouse domiciliary account MBS (6 months)
- Evidence of transactions where funds were transferred from spouse domiciliary account to primary applicant's domiciliary account (withdrawal authorization letter, transaction receipt)
- Spouse payslips (4 months)

Some titbits

LOE subheadings used
- Introduction
- Background
- Why that program
- Why Canada
- Why that school
- Post-studies career prospects in Nigeria
- Ties to Nigeria
- Travel history
- Disclosure of Express Entry Profile
- Law-abiding citizen
- Acknowledgement of my responsibilities as an international student
- Conclusion

POF cover letter had 3 tables (Year 1, Year 2, and Summary) showing the breakdown of the cost of attendance and funding. Subheadings were then used to explain each source of funding and bank accounts used.
The POF cover letter can have all the explanations for your POF, so you do not have to replicate it in your LOE, thereby freeing up some space/pages in your LOE.

In your LOE and POF cover letter, don't leave anything to the imagination of the VO. When you allow them to make their own deductions/assumptions, it might not always be in your favour. Explain everything as succinctly as you can.

MPOWER Loan
They offer up to a maximum of 100,000 USD (50k per academic year)
Schools supported by MPOWER Financing:

https://www.mpowerfinancing.com/get-a-loan/schools-we-support/#schools

With the CIBC student deposit program, one can open a Canadian bank account and make a one-time transfer of CAD 1,000 - CAD 20,000 before arriving in Canada, but the transfer has to come from an account bearing your name. You then activate the CIBC student deposit account on arrival in Canada and all your funds are immediately available to u, unlike in GIC.

https://www.cibc.com/en/special-offers/international-student-bank-account.html

Some Canadian schools have International Student Advisors (Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants or Regulated International Student Immigration Advisors) that support international students for free in their study permit application process and beyond. Find out if your school has any and make very good use of them. Some offer regular Q&A sessions, information sessions, phone/video appointments, and support via emails.

Watch lots of YouTube videos on Canada study permit application (step-by-step filling of the online application, LOE, POF, home ties, etc)

I'm very grateful to all those that contribute here on Nairaland. You are doing a marvellous job. There is sooo much information on this Forum. Taking the pains to start from page 1 of this thread is very rewarding. You can always copy/save/screenshot relevant information you may subsequently need, so u won't have to start searching or requesting them later.

I wish everyone speedy processing of applications and continuous rain of PPR!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nikky6: 6:42pm On May 29, 2022
MamateesLababy:
Please I need advise.
Mine will expire this June , and you need a valid medical to travel !that’s what I heard o

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Qwerty7654: 6:49pm On May 29, 2022
I have booked my PPR for this week in Jesus name�

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by sayd3246: 6:54pm On May 29, 2022
ShowYoung:

Accurate advice cannot be given since you didn't reveal some key information about your tuition fee among others.

Hence, I will guess:
1. Living Expenses for a year $10,000 (Minimum required by IRCC)
2. Miscellaneous expenses $3000 (for flight and other expenses)
3. Tuition fee $20,000 assumed.
4. Program Duration: 1 year.

If the above assumptions are correct, then your total expenses is equal to $33,000 which is equivalent to NGN 11,000,000 ($1/#334 CBN rate).

This means if you have NGN 14,000,000 in your account, you have more than enough to run this program successfully.

You can present someone who doesn't share the same surname as yours to be your sponsor in so far you are able to establish past connection and relationship and can be proven beyond reasonable doubts

Please which supporting document do I need to submit when applying for the visa. I currently work.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 6:56pm On May 29, 2022
Olayinkaji:
Good day house. Please I would like to take a question. Is 10 million naira good for proof of funds for a pgd program 2 years. 1st year school fees of approx 10k cad.
Mine is 3m and sponsor is 7m.
I would want to know if that is enough to use to apply for visa with that as a POF.
Thank you, your responses will be greatly appreciated.
No!
It may be enough for a 1 Year PGD.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 7:00pm On May 29, 2022
sayd3246:

Please which supporting document do I need to submit when applying for the visa. I currently work.

Supporting documents are not the same for everyone, it depends on your case scenario.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 7:01pm On May 29, 2022
stanmorry:

I can imagine. Which Naira card did you use to make up to CAD 1,500 ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by amila20042001: 7:07pm On May 29, 2022
This is not totally correct. You need a valid medical result before you can enter Canada. You may even be turned back at the airport
CharitoJames:

You already got your passport stamped and returned right? How does medicals come in again? IRCC is done with you. If they needed you to update it then you wouldn’t have gotten PPR and you don’t need medicals to travel... you have your visa already

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) ... (920)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.