Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,086 members, 7,821,749 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (573) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (914813 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrczar(m): 1:59pm On May 28, 2022
urgently renew your passport if you intend travelling this fall.

Bblight:
Good afternoon everyone.
Please my passport will expire on the 22 of September 2022 and I intend sending my passport to ircc office but it was written that I cannot be issued a Visa beyond the date on my passport.
Please If I plan to travel in September is there anything I need to worry about or I should renew my passport before sending to ircc office.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by nk20: 2:42pm On May 28, 2022
Hello everyone, please someone help me and explain the meaning of MP. I hear people saying they mailed mp but I don’t know the meaning: I used a licensed immigration agent to apply for my visa since 23th January. Eligibility started since March, no news again. I want to tell my agent to mail MP but I need to understand what that means.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bblight: 2:50pm On May 28, 2022
mrczar:
urgently renew your passport if you intend travelling this fall.

Thanks. I appreciate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Osemigho: 3:18pm On May 28, 2022
Bblight:
Good afternoon everyone.
Please my passport will expire on the 22 of September 2022 and I intend sending my passport to ircc office but it was written that I cannot be issued a Visa beyond the date on my passport.
Please If I plan to travel in September is there anything I need to worry about or I should renew my passport before sending to ircc office.

Go and renew your passport. Make sure you are guaranteed not more than 1 week processing, even if you have to travel outside of your state for it. Dem go chop your money sha.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chiziteremary: 3:52pm On May 28, 2022
Congrats. May the land of Canada favour u. Mine is next in Jesus name.

Crystalng:
PPR TESTIMONY!

I submitted on March 11, 2022
Upfront Medical submitted: 21st March 2022
Medical passed: 25th March 2022
Eligibility started: April 28, 2022
PPR: May 28, 2022 email came this morning by 9am
First time applicant with no travel history
Sponsored by my elder sister (31 years old)
I am not married and I have no kids only family ties I have are my parents and siblings.

Submitted my personal bank statement with about 7m
My sister’s bank statement with 21m
Landed property worth 15m
Poultry farm worth about 25m not sure again
Receipt for full tuition fee for the first year (tuition was paid from my sister’s account)
My sister’s Pension certificate
My sister’s evidence of employment
My own evidence of employment (pay slips, work ID, appointment letter, introduction letter)
IELT with 7.5 overall score
Family pictures
My birth certificate and that of all my siblings
SOP
Letter of explanation for lump sum in sponsor’s account (property sold)
Sponsorship letter and affidavit of sponsorship
Letter of explanation explaining all the documents I submitted for the application
These are the key documents, LOA and others were submitted too

As an agent it has always been my job to tell my clients to be patient and relax, but when it came to my turn, it was hard for me to follow my own advice Knowing how unpredictable the Canadian process works.

So I put all my trust in God because nobody can guarantee Canada study permit except God! I drew strength from Psalm 33, each time I get worried I will pray and reassure myself of God’s promises to me with that particular bible verse.

Along the line, I discovered this thread on nairaland and started coming here to draw strength from people’s PPR testimonies. I am happy to share my testimony today. Lol I was at the Gym when the email came � people were looking at me crazy � I ran home immediately to share the news with my family.

I know how you feel reading this right now, you will pray a silent prayer and then go and check your portal. Don’t worry God will come through for yo, with God you can never lose

With God you can never lose! when God shows up He shows off. My God never fails, Odogwu!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrprolifik: 3:54pm On May 28, 2022
ANGELAREE:
Please I need help
I want to change my course in Conestoga but I’ve already paid tuition deposit for the previous course I accepted
Will the money go to the new course if I change it and how can I change it
You will have to log into Conestoga college student portal with your username and password to decline any offer already accepted. Yes if you decide to switch program , any deposit made will be automatically transferred to the new program as long as you decline the first offer before the deadline set aside for it.
Lastly for you to accept another offer into a new program you will have to decline the first offer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Afolavid: 4:07pm On May 28, 2022
MissyVee007:
Congratulations!
Please can I mail you?

Thanks.
Sure, you can.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Emilo(m): 4:09pm On May 28, 2022
theumezude:
Hello. I am moving to Vancouver this June and am looking for one or two potential roommates for either a 2-bedroom or 3-bedroom apartment. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas or if anyone can connect me with someone that might be interested. My budget is $1,500 per month. Thanks.

About me:
26 year old Nigerian, here. Igbo by tribe, human by choice. Done with masters degree and moving to Vancouver for a job. Simple and easy to relate to.

Human by Choice............So Monkey too by choice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Sand4love(f): 4:25pm On May 28, 2022
Massie Congratulations

Crystalng:
PPR TESTIMONY!

I am not married and I have no kids only family ties I have are my parents and siblings.

Receipt for full tuition fee for the first year (tuition was paid from my sister’s account)
My own evidence of employment (pay slips, work ID, appointment letter, introduction letter)
Family pictures
SOP
Letter of explanation explaining all the documents I submitted for the application

As an agent it has always been my job to tell my clients to be patient and relax, but when it came to my turn, it was hard for me to follow my own advice Knowing how unpredictable the Canadian process works.

So I put all my trust in God because nobody can guarantee Canada study permit except God! I drew strength from Psalm 33, each time I get worried I will pray and reassure myself of God’s promises to me with that particular bible verse.

Along the line, I discovered this thread on nairaland and started coming here to draw strength from people’s PPR testimonies. I am happy to share my testimony today. Lol I was at the Gym when the email came � people were looking at me crazy � I ran home immediately to share the news with my family.

I know how you feel reading this right now, you will pray a silent prayer and then go and check your portal. Don’t worry God will come through for yo, with God you can never lose

With God you can never lose! when God shows up He shows off. My God never fails, Odogwu!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by jojophillips: 4:37pm On May 28, 2022
Hi guys, please can I get samples of Affidavit of support and letter of sponsorship?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Senorita123(f): 4:41pm On May 28, 2022
Hi house. I appreciate all your efforts. Someone once posted here that he was denied the Canadian student visa because he went to the US on a tourist visa few years earlier and had a baby there plus some other reasons. I would like to know if the US and Canada share information. A friend’s agent claimed my friend was married (when he isn’t, just to prove home ties) while applying for tourist visa to the US,though he was denied twice. So he recently started this Canadian study package but confused on the information he should provide. Can he start on a clean slate without reference to all the information he provided in his US tourist application? All contributions will be highly appreciated.Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by dbeautyful: 5:02pm On May 28, 2022
Congrats!! @Crystalng

My siblings are studying in the UK.

Do I need to mention them or provide any documents relating to them in my application?
...my parents will be my home ties

Crystalng:
PPR TESTIMONY!

Family pictures
SOP

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by dbeautyful: 5:26pm On May 28, 2022
In Vancouver too?
CharitoJames:

Wow 1500 per month when we are paying 500 per month with all utilities inclusive
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by iamblessed17: 5:47pm On May 28, 2022
jojophillips:
Hi Makano, can you kindly send me your email or a to contact you directly? kind regards.

Please what’s the email address are we supposed to address this to
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by canada2022: 5:51pm On May 28, 2022
shogbenga:
Good morning, pls advise

My brother has just been given visa to study at
Loyalist College, Belleville Ontario.

He intends to fly to Vancouver 3 weeks before resumption to stay with a cousin before moving to Ontario a week before resumption for his program.

Can he move straight to Vancouver or he needs to fly to where the school is. Thanks for your contribution
Congratulations.....that's my school

Please which session and when did he apply for visa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bblight: 6:01pm On May 28, 2022
Osemigho:

Go and renew your passport. Make sure you are guaranteed not more than 1 week processing, even if you have to travel outside of your state for it. Dem go chop your money sha.
Thanks so much.
Please is there anyone here with a plug for fast passport renewal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by iamblessed17: 6:33pm On May 28, 2022
HouseRavenclaw:

Thank you for this format. I've edited it as you said and repurposed it to fit my application and its history.
Please did you send it through webform or email or both
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by shogbenga: 6:34pm On May 28, 2022
canada2022:
Congratulations.....that's my school

Please which session and when did he apply for visa

He is resuming in September. Application submitted on 10 February 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by canada2022: 6:39pm On May 28, 2022
shogbenga:

He is resuming in September. Application submitted on 10 February 2022

Mine is sept too...i applied Apr 13
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by shogbenga: 6:50pm On May 28, 2022
canada2022:

Mine is sept too...i applied Apr 13

You have your visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by canada2022: 6:57pm On May 28, 2022
shogbenga:

You have your visa?

No....but will be out soon by God's grace.

I will try and log in to my mail and respond to you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by shogbenga: 6:59pm On May 28, 2022
canada2022:

No....but will be out soon by God's grace.

I will try and log in to my mail and respond to you

You will definitely get it.

I wish you well

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jeff5gold: 7:00pm On May 28, 2022
Ejosb:
No prob lol. But let ircc Answer me ohh

Oh…..I been think say everything don set
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Yemires007(m): 7:02pm On May 28, 2022
Good evening.....just want to ask if there is any one coming to Nigeria from canada....plz mail me
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by HouseRavenclaw: 7:31pm On May 28, 2022
iamblessed17:

Please did you send it through webform or email or both

Via email.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by bullstriker: 8:17pm On May 28, 2022
U.S, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Australia and Canada share information. So for sure, they will know that your friend's applications to the U.S were denied, but I’m not sure if they will share the applications' content.
Senorita123:
Hi house. I appreciate all your efforts. Someone once posted here that he was denied the Canadian student visa because he went to the US on a tourist visa few years earlier and had a baby there plus some other reasons. I would like to know if the US and Canada share information. A friend’s agent claimed my friend was married (when he isn’t, just to prove home ties) while applying for tourist visa to the US,though he was denied twice. So he recently started this Canadian study package but confused on the information he should provide. Can he start on a clean slate without reference to all the information he provided in his US tourist application? All contributions will be highly appreciated.Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ciaj0: 8:23pm On May 28, 2022
Hello. Looking for a place to land or stay while searching for your house (in Calgary), kindly book your accommodation using this link:

https://www.airbnb.com/h/mai08

It's very affordable and service is outstanding.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by bullstriker: 8:25pm On May 28, 2022
MP simply means a member of the parliament. An MP can help inquire if the application has exceeded the processing time. Note that they cannot influence the decision on your application and cannot expedite the processing of your application.
nk20:
Hello everyone, please someone help me and explain the meaning of MP. I hear people saying they mailed mp but I don’t know the meaning: I used a licensed immigration agent to apply for my visa since 23th January. Eligibility started since March, no news again. I want to tell my agent to mail MP but I need to understand what that means.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chuksiesmom: 8:33pm On May 28, 2022
Congratulations...
Crystalng:
PPR
TESTIMONY!

Family pictures
SOP

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Senorita123(f): 8:43pm On May 28, 2022
bullstriker:
U.S, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Australia and Canada share information. So for sure, they will know that your friend's applications to the U.S were denied, but I’m not sure if they will share the applications' content.

Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mamoskay: 8:45pm On May 28, 2022
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. (Prov 3:5-6)

PPR!!!!!!

GCKey
1st-time applicant (my wife)

Upfront medicals: 14 Feb 22
Application Submitted: 1 Mar 22
Biometrics Collection Letter: 2 Mar 22
Biometrics Enrolment: 7 Mar 22
Biometrics Updated: 7 Mar 22 (The biometrics number, with enrolment and expiry dates, were updated on the account profile, but the application status kept saying "your action is required", "we need your fingerprints..."wink
Medicals passed: 7 Mar 22
Biometrics section finally changed to 'completed': 6 April 22
Eligibility started: 3 May 22
Requested GCMS: 24 May 22
Raised web form to request an update on the status of the application: 24 May 22 (got an automated acknowledgement of receipt)
Correspondence Letter: 28 May 22
PPR: 28 May 22

Documents submitted
IMM 1294e (Application for study permit made outside of Canada)
IMM 5645e (Family Information)
IMM 5257b Schedule 1 (Application for temporary residence)
Letter of acceptance
Evidence of work requirements in the study
Proof of upfront medical examination
Passport
Digital photo

LOE (4 pages)
- Enclosure Page listing all supporting documents with their page numbers
- Police character certificate
- IELTS General (expiry date 19 March 2022)
- IELTS exemption letter from the school
- GRE score report
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Newspaper publication of change of name
- NIN slip
- Resume
- University degree + transcript
- WAEC certificate
- Primary school certificate
- Certificate of national service (NYSC)
- Professional certificate
- Employment confirmation letter
- Promotion letter
- Upgrade of job title letter
- Change of job role letter
- Letter of introduction from spouse's employer
- Spouse employment letter
- Spouse promotion letter
- Spouse work ID card
- Award (spouse)
- Spouse professional registration + license
- Birth certificates of spouse and children
- Passports of spouse and children
- Passports of parents
- Documents for siblings (passport, NIN, employment letter, work ID)
- Wedding pictures (court, trad, white)
- Pictures with spouse and children
- Pictures of spouse
- Pictures with parents and siblings
- Local Government certificate of origin
- Certificate of recognition by the local chapter of state student association while in the university
- Certificate of commendation during NYSC

Proof of Funds
- Cover letter (2 pages)
- Table of content
- School scholarship letter
- Acceptance deposit receipt
- CIBC student deposit program wire transfer confirmation email
- CIBC student deposit account welcome letter
- 6 months bank statements for the applicant's 2 domiciliary accounts (one was MBS and the other was a printed bank statement because the bank does not offer MBS)
- MPOWER student loan approval letter (for 2022/2023 academic session)
- MPOWER correspondence showing eligibility for another loan for the 2023/2024 academic session)
- 6 months Retirement Savings Account statement
- 4 months Payslips
- 2022 salary and bonus increment letter
- Spouse domiciliary account MBS (6 months)
- Evidence of transactions where funds were transferred from spouse domiciliary account to primary applicant's domiciliary account (withdrawal authorization letter, transaction receipt)
- Spouse payslips (4 months)

Some titbits

LOE subheadings used
- Introduction
- Background
- Why that program
- Why Canada
- Why that school
- Post-studies career prospects in Nigeria
- Ties to Nigeria
- Travel history
- Disclosure of Express Entry Profile
- Law-abiding citizen
- Acknowledgement of my responsibilities as an international student
- Conclusion

POF cover letter had 3 tables (Year 1, Year 2, and Summary) showing the breakdown of the cost of attendance and funding. Subheadings were then used to explain each source of funding and bank accounts used.
The POF cover letter can have all the explanations for your POF, so you do not have to replicate it in your LOE, thereby freeing up some space/pages in your LOE.

In your LOE and POF cover letter, don't leave anything to the imagination of the VO. When you allow them to make their own deductions/assumptions, it might not always be in your favour. Explain everything as succinctly as you can.

MPOWER Loan
They offer up to a maximum of 100,000 USD (50k per academic year)
Schools supported by MPOWER Financing:

https://www.mpowerfinancing.com/get-a-loan/schools-we-support/#schools

With the CIBC student deposit program, one can open a Canadian bank account and make a one-time transfer of CAD 1,000 - CAD 20,000 before arriving in Canada, but the transfer has to come from an account bearing your name. You then activate the CIBC student deposit account on arrival in Canada and all your funds are immediately available to u, unlike in GIC.

https://www.cibc.com/en/special-offers/international-student-bank-account.html

Some Canadian schools have International Student Advisors (Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants or Regulated International Student Immigration Advisors) that support international students for free in their study permit application process and beyond. Find out if your school has any and make very good use of them. Some offer regular Q&A sessions, information sessions, phone/video appointments, and support via emails.

Watch lots of YouTube videos on Canada study permit application (step-by-step filling of the online application, LOE, POF, home ties, etc)

I'm very grateful to all those that contribute here on Nairaland. You are doing a marvellous job. There is sooo much information on this Forum. Taking the pains to start from page 1 of this thread is very rewarding. You can always copy/save/screenshot relevant information you may subsequently need, so u won't have to start searching or requesting them later.

I wish everyone speedy processing of applications and continuous rain of PPR!!!

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chuksiesmom: 8:46pm On May 28, 2022
We will surely win this battle. God will put it in the hearts of the vos to favour us.
Teemenzo:

Thank you mom, i really appreciate your motherly concerns grin grin grin. We will win this battle very soon in Jesus name.

(1) (2) (3) ... (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) ... (920)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.