Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (574) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (912425 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chuksiesmom: 9:00pm On May 28, 2022
Congratulations grin

mamoskay:
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. (Prov 3:5-6)

PPR!!!!!!

GCKey
1st-time applicant (my wife)

Upfront medicals: 14 Feb 22
Application Submitted: 1 Mar 22
Biometrics Collection Letter: 2 Mar 22
Biometrics Enrolment: 7 Mar 22
Biometrics Updated: 7 Mar 22 (The biometrics number, with enrolment and expiry dates, were updated on the account profile, but the application status kept saying "your action is required", "we need your fingerprints..."wink
Medicals passed: 7 Mar 22
Biometrics section finally changed to 'completed': 6 April 22
Eligibility started: 3 May 22
Requested GCMS: 24 May 22
Raised web form to request an update on the status of the application: 24 May 22 (got an automated acknowledgement of receipt)
Correspondence Letter: 28 May 22
PPR: 28 May 22

Documents submitted
IMM 1294e (Application for study permit made outside of Canada)
IMM 5645e (Family Information)
IMM 5257b Schedule 1 (Application for temporary residence)
Letter of acceptance
Evidence of work requirements in the study
Proof of upfront medical examination
Passport
Digital photo

LOE (4 pages)
- Enclosure Page listing all supporting documents with their page numbers
- Police character certificate
- IELTS General (expiry date 19 March 2022)
- IELTS exemption letter from the school
- GRE score report
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Newspaper publication of change of name
- NIN slip
- Resume
- University degree + transcript
- WAEC certificate
- Primary school certificate
- Certificate of national service (NYSC)
- Professional certificate
- Employment confirmation letter
- Promotion letter
- Upgrade of job title letter
- Change of job role letter
- Letter of introduction from spouse's employer
- Spouse employment letter
- Spouse promotion letter
- Spouse work ID card
- Award (spouse)
- Spouse professional registration + license
- Birth certificates of spouse and children
- Passports of spouse and children
- Passports of parents
- Documents for siblings (passport, NIN, employment letter, work ID)
- Wedding pictures (court, trad, white)
- Pictures with spouse and children
- Pictures of spouse
- Pictures with parents and siblings
- Local Government certificate of origin
- Certificate of recognition by the local chapter of state student association while in the university
- Certificate of commendation during NYSC

Proof of Funds
- Cover letter (2 pages)
- Table of content
- School scholarship letter
- Acceptance deposit receipt
- CIBC student deposit program wire transfer confirmation email
- CIBC student deposit account welcome letter
- 6 months bank statements for the applicant's 2 domiciliary accounts (one was MBS and the other was a printed bank statement because the bank does not offer MBS)
- MPOWER student loan approval letter (for 2022/2023 academic session)
- MPOWER correspondence showing eligibility for another loan for the 2023/2024 academic session)
- 6 months Retirement Savings Account statement
- 4 months Payslips
- 2022 salary and bonus increment letter
- Spouse domiciliary account MBS (6 months)
- Evidence of transactions where funds were transferred from spouse domiciliary account to primary applicant's domiciliary account (withdrawal authorization letter, transaction receipt)
- Spouse payslips (4 months)

Some titbits

LOE subheadings used
- Introduction
- Background
- Why that program
- Why Canada
- Why that school
- Post-studies career prospects in Nigeria
- Ties to Nigeria
- Travel history
- Disclosure of Express Entry Profile
- Law-abiding citizen
- Acknowledgement of my responsibilities as an international student
- Conclusion

POF cover letter had 3 tables (Year 1, Year 2, and Summary) showing the breakdown of the cost of attendance and funding. Subheadings were then used to explain each source of funding and bank accounts used.
The POF cover letter can have all the explanations for your POF, so you do not have to replicate it in your LOE, thereby freeing up some space/pages in your LOE.

In your LOE and POF cover letter, don't leave anything to the imagination of the VO. When you allow them to make their own deductions/assumptions, it might not always be in your favour. Explain everything as succinctly as you can.

MPOWER Loan
They offer up to a maximum of 100,000 USD (50k per academic year)
Schools supported by MPOWER Financing:

https://www.mpowerfinancing.com/get-a-loan/schools-we-support/#schools

With the CIBC student deposit program, one can open a Canadian bank account and make a one-time transfer of CAD 1,000 - CAD 20,000 before arriving in Canada, but the transfer has to come from an account bearing your name. You then activate the CIBC student deposit account on arrival in Canada and all your funds are immediately available to u, unlike in GIC.

https://www.cibc.com/en/special-offers/international-student-bank-account.html

Some Canadian schools have International Student Advisors (Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants or Regulated International Student Immigration Advisors) that support international students for free in their study permit application process and beyond. Find out if your school has any and make very good use of them. Some offer regular Q&A sessions, information sessions, phone/video appointments, and support via emails.

Watch lots of YouTube videos on Canada study permit application (step-by-step filling of the online application, LOE, POF, home ties, etc)

I'm very grateful to all those that contribute here on Nairaland. You are doing a marvellous job. There is sooo much information on this Forum. Taking the pains to start from page 1 of this thread is very rewarding. You can always copy/save/screenshot relevant information you may subsequently need, so u won't have to start searching or requesting them later.

I wish everyone speedy processing of applications and continuous rain of PPR!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by prospectiveapp: 9:01pm On May 28, 2022
Congratulations to you and your wife
mamoskay:
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. (Prov 3:5-6)

PPR!!!!!!

GCKey
1st-time applicant (my wife)

Upfront medicals: 14 Feb 22
Application Submitted: 1 Mar 22
Biometrics Collection Letter: 2 Mar 22
Biometrics Enrolment: 7 Mar 22
Biometrics Updated: 7 Mar 22 (The biometrics number, with enrolment and expiry dates, were updated on the account profile, but the application status kept saying "your action is required", "we need your fingerprints..."wink
Medicals passed: 7 Mar 22
Biometrics section finally changed to 'completed': 6 April 22
Eligibility started: 3 May 22
Requested GCMS: 24 May 22
Raised web form to request an update on the status of the application: 24 May 22 (got an automated acknowledgement of receipt)
Correspondence Letter: 28 May 22
PPR: 28 May 22

Documents submitted
IMM 1294e (Application for study permit made outside of Canada)
IMM 5645e (Family Information)
IMM 5257b Schedule 1 (Application for temporary residence)
Letter of acceptance
Evidence of work requirements in the study
Proof of upfront medical examination
Passport
Digital photo

LOE (4 pages)
- Enclosure Page listing all supporting documents with their page numbers
- Police character certificate
- IELTS General (expiry date 19 March 2022)
- IELTS exemption letter from the school
- GRE score report
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Newspaper publication of change of name
- NIN slip
- Resume
- University degree + transcript
- WAEC certificate
- Primary school certificate
- Certificate of national service (NYSC)
- Professional certificate
- Employment confirmation letter
- Promotion letter
- Upgrade of job title letter
- Change of job role letter
- Letter of introduction from spouse's employer
- Spouse employment letter
- Spouse promotion letter
- Spouse work ID card
- Award (spouse)
- Spouse professional registration + license
- Birth certificates of spouse and children
- Passports of spouse and children
- Passports of parents
- Documents for siblings (passport, NIN, employment letter, work ID)
- Wedding pictures (court, trad, white)
- Pictures with spouse and children
- Pictures of spouse
- Pictures with parents and siblings
- Local Government certificate of origin
- Certificate of recognition by the local chapter of state student association while in the university
- Certificate of commendation during NYSC

Proof of Funds
- Cover letter (2 pages)
- Table of content
- School scholarship letter
- Acceptance deposit receipt
- CIBC student deposit program wire transfer confirmation email
- CIBC student deposit account welcome letter
- 6 months bank statements for the applicant's 2 domiciliary accounts (one was MBS and the other was a printed bank statement because the bank does not offer MBS)
- MPOWER student loan approval letter (for 2022/2023 academic session)
- MPOWER correspondence showing eligibility for another loan for the 2023/2024 academic session)
- 6 months Retirement Savings Account statement
- 4 months Payslips
- 2022 salary and bonus increment letter
- Spouse domiciliary account MBS (6 months)
- Evidence of transactions where funds were transferred from spouse domiciliary account to primary applicant's domiciliary account (withdrawal authorization letter, transaction receipt)
- Spouse payslips (4 months)

Some titbits

LOE subheadings used
- Introduction
- Background
- Why that program
- Why Canada
- Why that school
- Post-studies career prospects in Nigeria
- Ties to Nigeria
- Travel history
- Disclosure of Express Entry Profile
- Law-abiding citizen
- Acknowledgement of my responsibilities as an international student
- Conclusion

POF cover letter had 3 tables (Year 1, Year 2, and Summary) showing the breakdown of the cost of attendance and funding. Subheadings were then used to explain each source of funding and bank accounts used.
The POF cover letter can have all the explanations for your POF, so you do not have to replicate it in your LOE, thereby freeing up some space/pages in your LOE.

In your LOE and POF cover letter, don't leave anything to the imagination of the VO. When you allow them to make their own deductions/assumptions, it might not always be in your favour. Explain everything as succinctly as you can.

MPOWER Loan
They offer up to a maximum of 100,000 USD (50k per academic year)
Schools supported by MPOWER Financing:

https://www.mpowerfinancing.com/get-a-loan/schools-we-support/#schools

With the CIBC student deposit program, one can open a Canadian bank account and make a one-time transfer of CAD 1,000 - CAD 20,000 before arriving in Canada, but the transfer has to come from an account bearing your name. You then activate the CIBC student deposit account on arrival in Canada and all your funds are immediately available to u, unlike in GIC.

https://www.cibc.com/en/special-offers/international-student-bank-account.html

Some Canadian schools have International Student Advisors (Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants or Regulated International Student Immigration Advisors) that support international students for free in their study permit application process and beyond. Find out if your school has any and make very good use of them. Some offer regular Q&A sessions, information sessions, phone/video appointments, and support via emails.

Watch lots of YouTube videos on Canada study permit application (step-by-step filling of the online application, LOE, POF, home ties, etc)

I'm very grateful to all those that contribute here on Nairaland. You are doing a marvellous job. There is sooo much information on this Forum. Taking the pains to start from page 1 of this thread is very rewarding. You can always copy/save/screenshot relevant information you may subsequently need, so u won't have to start searching or requesting them later.

I wish everyone speedy processing of applications and continuous rain of PPR!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Boluwatifebaby: 9:48pm On May 28, 2022
Metro147:
Hello, everyone I'm curious to Know if there is an active group chat on WhatsApp or telegram for international students applying for a study permit in Canada?

OJC - Study Abroad Group on telegram. Search for it as there is no link
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by bbwollex(m): 9:48pm On May 28, 2022
DebrahOj:
Barter is owned by flutterwave; it is very secure.

Thanks for your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ANGELAREE: 10:16pm On May 28, 2022
mrprolifik:
You will have to log into Conestoga college student portal with your username and password to decline any offer already accepted. Yes if you decide to switch program , any deposit made will be automatically transferred to the new program as long as you decline the first offer before the deadline set aside for it.
Lastly for you to accept another offer into a new program you will have to decline the first offer.

Thank you so so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrkingz: 3:39am On May 29, 2022
Hi,
what gender are you?
MALE / FEMALE
theumezude:
Hello. I am moving to Vancouver this June and am looking for one or two potential roommates for either a 2-bedroom or 3-bedroom apartment. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas or if anyone can connect me with someone that might be interested. My budget is $1,500 per month. Thanks.

About me:
26 year old Nigerian, here. Igbo by tribe, human by choice. Done with masters degree and moving to Vancouver for a job. Simple and easy to relate to.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Kurukuru: 4:00am On May 29, 2022
My people if you want to apply for a study permit, be ready to provide funds for your entire stay NOT THE ONE YEAR that is on their website o
The below new jurisprudence is an ambush many VOs will be using now.
https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/fct/doc/2022/2022fc728/2022fc728.html?autocompleteStr=2022%20FC%20728%20&autocompletePos=1

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by TheDarkGamer: 4:05am On May 29, 2022
Good day everyone.

I wanted to ask if a child under the age of eighteen (seventeen years old) is eligible for an Alberta Health Card. And how can you get one?

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 4:42am On May 29, 2022
Kurukuru:
My people if you want to apply for a study permit, be ready to provide funds for your entire stay NOT THE ONE YEAR that is on their website o
https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/fct/doc/2022/2022fc728/2022fc728.html?autocompleteStr=2022%20FC%20728%20&autocompletePos=1

Thank you @Kurukuru: I want to add my observation

Nigerians have always misinterpreted the minimum proof of funds requirements on IRCC website.

We only focus on primary information and do fail to read further. Although it is written that minimum one year cost must be shown, we do sometimes fail to understand the word "minimum".

Although in this case, it was concluded that the Appellant would have had to show he had around $136,000 or so: on further analysis, I found out that IRCC was even ready to be linient, the Respondent (IRCC) gave the Appellant a reason for considering the minimum amount of proof of funds, they provided that the Appellant would have had to convince the visa officer that his father had no other responsibility on any one else except him.

"Minimum" can only be considered if the Appellant, in this case, had proven that his father did not have any other responsibility aside him," the Respondent cited that the Appellant failed to make IRCC understand that his sponsor had no other responsibility on siblings and that IRCC doesn't need to ask for explanation.

This means that if you have been showing proof of funds for just one, two or three years out of the four years required and your visa applications have always been approved, you have only always been lucky because the VOs have been showing "mercy" according to the case cited above, you are supposed to show for the entire duration of study and your sponsor must convincingly demonstrate that the fund will be available for only you.

MAY THE MERCY OF THE LORD SPEAK FOR US ALL IN JESUS NAME, AMEN!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by zeedof(m): 5:39am On May 29, 2022
buchito1:
With faith, I am booking my PPR alert space

Fresh page, Fresh testimonies. Amen

What God cannot do does not and can never exist!!!

My PPR must drop before the end of next month! ✍️

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

AFTER 2DAYS of posting this grin grin grin grin

LONGGGGGG POST ALERT!!!

Guys I really do not know where to start from!
I'm short of words. God's just too good to fail.
I'm still in shock cause I can't really fathom why my application was this quick or why I was just favoured, but I give God all the glory! For he alone is to be praised!

I've been following this thread for about 4yrs now. Just observing with no plans to submit my application. Was just here for the information basically, and to read people's process (which I enjoyed doing) didn't even know I'd eventually apply.

Time came for me to apply, I was scared to the Bone! I was scared to doing it myself! My sponsor (brother) literally begged me to look for an Agent to handle my application, I was skeptical at first, but I succumbed cause I didn't want any issue or stories that touch.

I contacted an agent on this platform, he charged me 150K for admission and 250K for Visa. My sponsor agreed to pay for the first stage (admission). Las las I eventually paid 190K for only admission!!! Only school admission ohhh!!!

Then it was time for Visa Application, and I was told Visa Fee has increased to 300K. And I was like hell No!!! I no go school? Am I daft? No! I can do this shi# myself. 300K no be 300 naira.

That's how it began, took a leap of faith and decided to do and handle my Visa Process myself, and God blessed me with the GOLDEN Mail (PPR)! Guys please do this stuff yourself!
You can do it! Yes YOU! You can!
There's nobody else that cares about your application than you! You don't need any agents NAIRALAND is the real deal! NAIRALAND taught me everything I know and used to get my Approval.

I'm a FIRST TIME APPLICANT, my timeline goes thus, I used the NEW PORTAL,

Upfront Medicals - 22nd November 2021
Application Submitted - 29th November 2021
Biometrics Completed - 3rd December 2021 (updated same day)
Upfront Medicals Updated - 6th December 2021
Then the wait........................^_^
Eligibility Review Started - 25th January 2022
Then a good man, a blessing, friend turned brother, a brother from another mother, Teemenzo (God bless you for me brother, he has always been with me from the beginning of my application) adviced me to send a mail to Abuja which I did, I eventually, reluctantly sent to everybody (London, Nairobi, Lagos, Abuja) yesterday, 26th of January just to disturb then. Lo and behold, today,
Correspondence Letter and PPR letter - 27th January 2022
(Basically my application took 1 month and 28days)

DOCUMENTS Submitted (APPLICANT) -
SOP
International Passport
Receipt First Semester Tution Deposit (7900 CAD)

Letter Of Acceptance
Gift Deed (Notarized)
Screenshot of Gift Deed
My Bank Statement 7 months. (I formerly had 1.6M in my account , with extra 4M as Gift Deed making it 5.6M I had in my account as at time of submission.)
Transcript
BSC Certificate
Police Certificate
NYSC Certificate
Reference Letter from Bank
Affidavit of Return (Notarized)
Local Government Identification Letter
Parents and Siblings and My Birth Certificates
Reference Letter from my PPA during service
WAEC Result
Covid-19 Vaccination Card
Pictures of me and Sponsor. Pictures of me and Sponsor with my family. (Both new and old)
Upfront Medical Slip
Driver's Licence
NIN Slip

SPONSORSHIP DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED -
MBS Company Account (6 MONTHS)
CAC
Registration of Business Name
Certificate of Identification Number
Sponsorship Letter (Notarized)
Affidavit of Sponsorship (Notarized)
Reference Letter from Bank
Birth Certificate
NIN Slip
Driver's Licence
International Passport
Landed Property's, (Sponsor has like 5 Landed property. Submitted all and their Deed of conveyance
Business ID Card
Invoices, Tellers, Receipts, of Business.

In all, it's been God. God did it for me. And he'll do it for everyone here. Cause he knows why we're here and what we're looking for.
I'd also like to use this medium to appreciate Teemenzo and EyinjuGod. God bless you guys again for everything. You were with me from the start to the end. I'm rooting for you both. My prayers aren't complete yet, till y'all get your PPR's

I also want to appreciate Makano for the series of questions of mine he answered. God bless you boss. Ketima, thank you for always assisting and encouraging everyone. You actually encouraged me to do this myself and I appreciate, Scotisshh (dunno if I got the spelling correctly) your testimony dey come. Lianna aka Rela, thank you for your encouraging email replies.
I also want to thank you all, my fellow Nairalanders for the congratulatory messages and mentions.

If I decide to reply all mentions, I might fill up 5pages of this new thread. God bless you all. I'd also be here to congratulate y'all when your turn comes. All of us go enter this Canada! That's for sure! smiley

BTW, I'm for University Canada West, April intake.
Going for MBA Business Administration. I'm open to connecting with my fellow UCW students or anyone going to Vancouver by April.

Make i stop here. Story don too plenty! grin
Thank you again guys. God bless us all.!

Congrat... kindly explain how you go about your medical examination and police character.. did you get them done before applying, where did you do them and how did you go about it.. also was there any specific place to get the medical examination done and police character and what does it look like..

Thank you in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by zeedof(m): 5:40am On May 29, 2022
Congrat to those that have succeeded through NSE... kindly explain how you go about your medical examination and police character.. did you get them done before applying, where did you do them and how did you go about it.. also was there any specific place to get the medical examination done and police character and what does it look like..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by AbionaT(f): 7:06am On May 29, 2022
I book my PPR on this platform today in Jesus name.
What God cannot do does not exist.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by MightyRance(m): 7:09am On May 29, 2022
AbionaT:
I book my PPR on this platform today in Jesus name.
What God cannot do does not exist.

On a Sunday??

Amen.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 7:18am On May 29, 2022
zeedof:
Congrat to those that have succeeded through NSE... kindly explain how you go about your medical examination and police character.. did you get them done before applying, where did you do them and how did you go about it.. also was there any specific place to get the medical examination done and police character and what does it look like..

Really, nowadays, NSE route doesn't count and IRCC doesn't even ask for it anymore.

You don't necessarily need Police Character Certificate to apply for Study Visa, but if you have it, you can add it among your documents.

For medical examination, you can do upfront medical examination so as to submit with your application: although it is not necessary until requested, if you do it upfront, it can speed up your visa application process

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by zeedof(m): 7:30am On May 29, 2022
ShowYoung:

Really, nowadays, NSE route doesn't count and IRCC doesn't even ask for it anymore.

You don't necessarily need Police Character Certificate to apply for Study Visa, but if you have it, you can add it among your documents.

For medical examination, you can do upfront medical examination so as to submit with your application: although it is not necessary until requested, if you do it upfront, it can speed up your visa application process

Thank you for your response... I really appreciate. Have heard you about NSE not been hotcakes anymore but how about IELTS exam as requested for NSE route? Though the school I applied for has exempted the provision of English language since my first degree was taught in English.. do I need ielts for student visa again?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 7:31am On May 29, 2022
zeedof:

Thank you for your response... I really appreciate. Have heard you about NSE not been hotcakes anymore but how about IELTS exam as requested for NSE route? Though the school I applied for has exempted the provision of English language since my first degree was taught in English.. do I need ielts for student visa again?

You don't need IELTS to apply since NSE isn't being given priority. IRCC doesn't ask for it anymore.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by zeedof(m): 7:40am On May 29, 2022
ShowYoung:

Thank you @Kurukuru: I want to add my observation

Nigerians have always misinterpreted the minimum proof of funds requirements on IRCC website.

We only focus on primary information and do fail to read further. Although it is written that minimum one year cost must be shown, we do sometimes fail to understand the word "minimum".

Although in this case, it was concluded that the Appellant would have had to show he had around $136,000 or so: on further analysis, I found out that IRCC was even ready to be linient, the Respondent (IRCC) gave the Appellant a reason for considering the minimum amount of proof of funds, they provided that the Appellant would have had to convince the visa officer that his father had no other responsibility on any one else except him.

"Minimum" can only be considered if the Appellant, in this case, had proven that his father did not have any other responsibility aside him," the Respondent cited that the Appellant failed to make IRCC understand that his sponsor had no other responsibility on siblings and that IRCC doesn't need to ask for explanation.

This means that if you have been showing proof of funds for just one, two or three years out of the four years required and your visa applications have always been approved, you have only always been lucky because the VOs have been showing "mercy" according to the case cited above, you are supposed to show for the entire duration of study and your sponsor must convincingly demonstrate that the fund will be available for only you.

MAY THE MERCY OF THE LORD SPEAK FOR US ALL IN JESUS NAME, AMEN!

Thanks for your contribution. Sorry I am newbie here and hope to gain some experience too..

1. I have a brother that we bear same surname together, can he stand as my sponsor. That is I can use his account statement instead of looking for money up and down...

2. Also if I got the school paid through financing, did I still need to worried about the certain amount in the account or was their any advantage for those that already paid for school fees before applying for visa.

Thank you in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chrisomila: 7:43am On May 29, 2022
atiteb4:
Congratulations. Which school are you heading to?
Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by zeedof(m): 7:53am On May 29, 2022
ShowYoung:

please can you tell me more how to go about medical examination. How long does it take to get the result and where can I do that, is there any recommended one by the embassy?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Abby212: 7:57am On May 29, 2022
Good morning all,
Urgent please!!

please has anyone done biometrics recently? Please I want to know between Lagos and Abuja which has slots for June so I'll know where to book for the medical. I intend doing the medical before submitting the application and I don't want to go back and forth traveling.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Abby212: 7:59am On May 29, 2022
You can do it in Qlife or IOM ( Lagos or Abuja) those are the only approved hospitals. You can book online on their site.

zeedof:
please can you tell me more how to go about medical examination. How long does it take to get the result and where can I do that, is there any recommended one by the embassy?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chrisomila: 8:03am On May 29, 2022
Paxhavard:
Guys it's PPR Alert oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Just got my PPR request now.

God is indeed the Almighty. Trust him and never give up.

First-time Applicant (Self-sponsored), No agent. I did it myself.
Congratulations, please did you pay deposit fee?

I did not submit any landed documents to establish home ties. I established home ties with my family and my job in Nigeria. No single property title was submitted.

Time-line:

Application submitted - February 1 2022
Biometrics request - February 2 2022
Biometrics done and updated - February 3 2022
Medical request - March 23 2022
Medical done - April 19 2022
Medical updated to pass - May 5 2022

(PS: Avoid Q-life. They can delay for Africa. I recommend IOM)

PPR - May 19 2022 smiley

Documents submitted
Letter of Admission
Mum's letter of employment
Parents marriage Cert
My birth Cert and that of my siblings
Family pictures
Undergraduate Transcripts
Diploma and LLB Cert
Law school transcripts and Cert
Call to Bar Cert
NBA Practicing fee receipts
Sample of my NBA Stamp and Seal
CV
My Employment letter
Letter of Introduction/leave from my employers
Work ID
6 months payslip
Lagos State tax clearance certificate
Reference letter from the International Law Association
Reference letter from ARM and my pension and retirement account Statement
MPower loan offer - $40k
6 months Salary account statement with about $12k
IELTS
NYSC cert
Waec
Police character report.

I encourage everyone who is waiting not to give up hope. E go reach you soon.

Abeg who dey go Toronto make we link up for Fall 2022.

God, I'm so happy! Thank you Jesus.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chrisomila: 8:04am On May 29, 2022
Paxhavard:
Guys it's PPR Alert oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Just got my PPR request now.

God is indeed the Almighty. Trust him and never give up.

First-time Applicant (Self-sponsored), No agent. I did it myself.
Congratulations, please did you pay deposit fee?

I did not submit any landed documents to establish home ties. I established home ties with my family and my job in Nigeria. No single property title was submitted.

Time-line:

Application submitted - February 1 2022
Biometrics request - February 2 2022
Biometrics done and updated - February 3 2022
Medical request - March 23 2022
Medical done - April 19 2022
Medical updated to pass - May 5 2022

(PS: Avoid Q-life. They can delay for Africa. I recommend IOM)

PPR - May 19 2022 smiley

Documents submitted
Letter of Admission
Mum's letter of employment
Parents marriage Cert
My birth Cert and that of my siblings
Family pictures
Undergraduate Transcripts
Diploma and LLB Cert
Law school transcripts and Cert
Call to Bar Cert
NBA Practicing fee receipts
Sample of my NBA Stamp and Seal
CV
My Employment letter
Letter of Introduction/leave from my employers
Work ID
6 months payslip
Lagos State tax clearance certificate
Reference letter from the International Law Association
Reference letter from ARM and my pension and retirement account Statement
MPower loan offer - $40k
6 months Salary account statement with about $12k
IELTS
NYSC cert
Waec
Police character report.

I encourage everyone who is waiting not to give up hope. E go reach you soon.

Abeg who dey go Toronto make we link up for Fall 2022.

God, I'm so happy! Thank you Jesus.

Congratulations, please did you pay tuition deposit fee?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by MissyVee007: 8:04am On May 29, 2022
Please can anyone recommend a college or university for diploma or masters in Journalism or media? I have both BSc and MSc in Management already. And I’ve been working as a journalist for almost 3 years now. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by DebrahOj: 8:15am On May 29, 2022
https://www.mastersportal.com/search/master/journalism/canada?lv=master

Hope this helps..

MissyVee007:
Please can anyone recommend a college or university for diploma or masters in Journalism or media? I have both BSc and MSc in Management already. And I’ve been working as a journalist for almost 3 years now. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 8:18am On May 29, 2022
zeedof:

Thank you

You'll need to book an appointment with either QLife or IOM (Lagos or Abuja).

On the scheduled date, you may wait for 2 - 5 hours to complete the medical examination.

After the medical exam, the panel clinic will upload your medical exam to IRCC after 3 - 10 days. It may take IRCC 1 - 6 weeks or more to update your profile.

Only QLife and IOM are the recommended panel clinics by the IRCC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 8:26am On May 29, 2022
zeedof:

Thanks for your contribution. Sorry I am newbie here and hope to gain some experience too..

1. I have a brother that we bear same surname together, can he stand as my sponsor. That is I can use his account statement instead of looking for money up and down...

2. Also if I got the school paid through financing, did I still need to worried about the certain amount in the account or was their any advantage for those that already paid for school fees before applying for visa.

Thank you in advance

1. If he is willing to sponsor you, he can be a sponsor provided you are able to prove this. The onus is on you to prove.

2. If the school doesn't ask for tuition deposit or payment, it is not necessary. Nigerians are always scared hence they panic and think that the payment will go a long way when it's not even needed. Although, some case scenarios warrant payment of tuition deposit or full tuition fee to corroborate some claims and tackle some tricky situations. Professionals and experienced ones know when to do this.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Majestybaba92(m): 8:26am On May 29, 2022
Good morning everyone! I’m an industrial chemistry fresh graduate and I wish to further my study in Canada! Is their any exam I need to write before I can be granted admission? I will really appreciate your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 8:28am On May 29, 2022
Kurukuru:

Na which kind lawyer advise the applicant to go for judicial review... After he didn't respond to request for additional documents.
Even if I no be lawyer, I know the kind case someone should be thinking to appeal

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by jojophillips: 8:30am On May 29, 2022
Address what please?

iamblessed17:

Please what’s the email address are we supposed to address this to
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 8:32am On May 29, 2022
Majestybaba92:
Good morning everyone! I’m an industrial chemistry fresh graduate and I wish to further my study in Canada! Is their any exam I need to write before I can be granted admission? I will really appreciate your response

You don't necessarily need to write any exam to apply for Study Visa except requested by your college or university of choice to gain admission.

It's rare of Canadian schools to ask Nigerians to sit examination.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Predator188: 8:47am On May 29, 2022
Kurukuru:
Based on the VO main reason of refusal!The applicant won't have sufficient funds even if he has 30 billion USD in bank balance!

(1) (2) (3) ... (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) ... (920)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.