Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (602) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (906681 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CentennialGuy: 2:01pm On Jun 02, 2022
Papapa1234:
Hello Everyone,

Gcms just dropped.. what does this mean pls?

Congratulations in advance. Intensify your prayers make senior officer no get skoin skoin for head.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Papapa1234: 2:06pm On Jun 02, 2022
should be immediately according to what I discovered on the gcms notes
tudun:

Okay thank you..do they get it immediately and treat it with your application or they get it after a long time?I sent like 3 webforms with different documents because even webform has limited space
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Papapa1234: 2:07pm On Jun 02, 2022
Like 33 days or so
mamaamanda:

Hello, please how long did it take your Gcms note to arrive.

Thank you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Papapa1234: 2:07pm On Jun 02, 2022
God has perfected it ooo..amen
CentennialGuy:

Congratulations in advance. Intensify your prayers make senior officer no get skoin skoin for head.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 02, 2022
Good day please I'm making an enquiry on behalf of a friend, he's trying to relocate with his family through student visa, he applied already and awaiting a response when he requested for his gmcc notes,his proof of funds and ties to his homeland,seems to be the issues, should he increase the money in his proof if funds he already submitted a document of his property and he has a sponsor, what can he do thank you I await a response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Enji: 2:14pm On Jun 02, 2022
Onaya:

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CentennialGuy: 2:15pm On Jun 02, 2022
Abi2022:
I have an active Express Entry Profiles but did not state same in my LOA or Study Plan when applying for my study permit. I assumed they are separate applications Can this affect my application negatively? Is it required to declare?

It won't. You correctly noted that they are separate application. Express entry profile is just a profile anyway. Not a visa application.

Below is what is at the bottom of my express entry profile. I didn't even talk about it in my LOE. My passport stamped with my study visa is currently chilling where I kept it. So you are good.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Enji: 2:16pm On Jun 02, 2022
wealthcss:
Hello Hello
Am screaming Guys after 65 days of getting medical passed I just got PPR this morning.
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Tyga0001: 2:27pm On Jun 02, 2022
Rach90:
It's now looking like say people getting PPR get two heads. Tori, koyemi mo ool sad
lol, na God hand we de.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Enji: 2:28pm On Jun 02, 2022
CentennialGuy:

It won't. You correctly noted that they are separate application. Express entry profile is just a profile anyway. Not a visa application.

Below is what is at the bottom of my express entry profile. I didn't even talk about it in my LOE. My passport stamped with my study visa is currently chilling where I kept it. So you are good.

Thank you so much for this response as I have the same situation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 2:31pm On Jun 02, 2022
Inikay:
Hello Everyone,

Please If I travel to Canada as primary applicant Via student Visa , Can I take my family as it is done in the Uk?

Yes, it is easier in Canada than in the UK. The accompanying spouse will be issued open work permit which means the spouse can work in any job anywhere and for any employer while the other studies.

Possibly, the one holding an open work permit might get higher chance of getting the family PR.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by lolobukkie(f): 2:45pm On Jun 02, 2022
Afternoon everyone please asking for a friend
She got PhD admission in Canada already (fully funded though) but wanted to travel with the her 2yrs daughter but not enough money in account (Less than a million naira) for them and no sponsor
She's considering Mpower loan if she can use it as proof of fund but don't know much about the process ,
Can those that have used Mpower loan please enlighten us how to do it and if it can be used and how much can she apply for
Presently not employed too
How can she go about her visa application pls
Also If Mpower loan can fly can she go with hubby and 2 kids then instead of just the small baby

Waiting for my experts and gurus advice
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chyigb: 2:55pm On Jun 02, 2022
wealthcss:
Hello Hello
Am screaming Guys after 65 days of getting medical passed I just got PPR this morning.

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by FAVANA: 3:06pm On Jun 02, 2022
Hello
No update, like medicals, eligibility review etc?
Have you ordered GCMS notes?
AOROGBEM:
Hello house
Please help me

Submitted my application nov 16th 2021

No update yet at all
Is it advisable to withdraw and reopen a new one
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Inikay: 3:11pm On Jun 02, 2022
ShowYoung:

Yes, it is easier in Canada than in the UK. The accompanying spouse will be issued open work permit which means the spouse can work in any job anywhere and for any employer while the other studies.

Possibly, the one holding an open work permit might get higher chance of getting the family PR.

Thank you very much for your swift response, I really appreciate this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 02, 2022
deeteeneey:
How does one get this letter?
By registering for courses then mailing your school and asking them for an enrollment letter.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Enji: 3:21pm On Jun 02, 2022
Hello House
I made a Family Application: - Study Visa for me(MSc) and my 2 children and Visitor Visa for my hubby. We submitted on 6th April, 2022. My hubby and I got request for biometrics same day but were only able to do biometrics on 13th April. My husband got his Passport Request on 19th April, 2022. My kids got medical request the same 19th April while the status of my medical changed to 'we are reviewing your medical results' since I did upfront medical on the same 19th April. My children did medical on 20th April; their medical was updated to passed on the 30th of April while mine was updated to passed on 6th May, 2022. At first, I was delaying sending my husband's passport because I kept hoping our visa approval would come soon. I had to send it in so that the 30 days will not expire. My people, my husband's passport has journeyed to Abuja and back to Lagos with his visa in place yet we re still waiting. My people, any suggestions or advice on what to do next?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by OLAMINREWA(m): 3:22pm On Jun 02, 2022
Yes you can as long as you have a very strong and convincing home ties to sell the the VO, else it is advisable to go alone and process their papers later. Gurus have more to say on this..

Inikay:
Hello Everyone,

Please If I travel to Canada as primary applicant Via student Visa , Can I take my family as it is done in the Uk?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 02, 2022
jvmum:
Wow...it has been raining PPRs....congrats to every recipient. Infact, I pray the PPR rain doubles so they can clear space for us yet to submit. @Teemenzo @Chiziteremary @chuksiesmom....can't wait to celebrate with you the way you rejoice with others...keep the faith.

Please, did anyone apply with their kid(s) and selected the study permit for the child? Kindly share the documentation submitted. I was to input the visit ( don't know which is applicable- Tourism or All other types), but the International student office advised that Study permit should be applied for, for the kids as it will be more time consuming and expensive from inside Canada- don't know how true. And that the study permit will allow them benefit from one health scheme like that- can't recall what they called it.

Kindly share the documents needed and if I am to go with the Visitor's visa, which of the options should I select.

Merci merci

Hello,

Study visa is better for your children from age 6 and above and yes they will benefit alot from it.

Documents to be submitted for their study permit are but not limited to;
1. Data page of their international passport
2. NIN Slip
3. Birth Certificate
4. School recommendation/ clearance letter (Nigeria)
5. Last term school result (Nigeria)
6. School fees receipt and admission letter (Nigeria)
7. School ID card (Nigeria)
8 Passport photograph (2 by 2)
9. Email correspondence with school in Canada showing they've been waitlisted
10. Medical Slip if you choose to do upfront (IOM or QLIFE)

Others can add to the list

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by banky24: 3:46pm On Jun 02, 2022
Congrats Onaya,May Canada favour you. It has ended in praise.

[quote author=Onaya post=113399232]My Timeline:

First application submitted on 9th May 2021.
Upfront Medicals on 10th May 2021.
Biometrics done on 14th May 2021.
Refusal notification on 29th November 2021.

Second Application submitted on 12th and 23rd April 2022. I made a withdrawal request for that of 12th April due to a mistake in documentation.

Upfront medicals on the 25th of May 2022. Reviews on eligibility and Medicals started on May 30th.

Medical request for the application submitted on the 12th of April meant to be withdrawn on 30th and was submitted on the 31st of May. The application was withdrawn on 1st June.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by WESTERNCR: 3:49pm On Jun 02, 2022
Good day my fellow NL. Pls guys I need the amount for the transmission fee for sending passport to Abuja for stamping. I have been searching for the information on this forum but couldn't get it. Pls I need the acct details to pay the transmission of passport fee to.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by banky24: 3:54pm On Jun 02, 2022
Be calm,it will soon end in praise,mine was submitted on 15th Nov,2021
Mailed an MP and he got back to me with Medical and Criminality Passed and Eligibility in progress.Eligibility that started since 14th March.I am sure it will end in praise. Just trust God. What God cannot do doesn't exist.

AOROGBEM:
Hello house
Please help me

Submitted my application nov 16th 2021

No update yet at all
Is it advisable to withdraw and reopen a new one

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by deeteeneey(f): 4:07pm On Jun 02, 2022
Please I need help on reviewing SOP. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by OnyeukaO: 4:10pm On Jun 02, 2022
Please how do you send a mail to know the status of your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 02, 2022
hotboss:

A journey that started in 2016 has entered a new phase today.

1st time applicant.

MENG mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering.

University of calgary.

Applied March 24th
Biometrics : April 5th
Updated almost immediately.

Medical. (Upfront) ; April 7th
Medival Passed : April 12th

Sent them a mail. MAY 25th

Eligibility started: May 26th
PPR June 2nd

*DOCUMENTS.*

All IMM Forms.

*Financial*. (Self sponsored)
Paid deposit 500CAD
Savings accounts
House DOCUMENTS
Land documents
My own company documents. (CAC)
MY employment letter
Employer reference
Paid study leave letter

*Personal*
LOA
SOP 5 pages
Undergrad degree certificate
Undergrad transcript
Language of instruction letter.
NYSC cert.
3 Undergrad scholarship letters.
Certificate of selfless service from NYSC ppa.
My neco cert.
My birth certificate
My CV
IBM cert on ( Introduction to AI, blockchain tech, )
GRE Result
A publication published in feb 2022
Covid19 vaccine card
WES EVALUATION ( course by course)
Marriage Certificates (LGA and traditional)
Marriage pictures
Wife Birth certificate
Wife NIN slip
Wife school ID card
Daughter's birth cert.
Picture of daughter
Pictures of my mother
Birth certificate of all my siblings

To GOD be the glory

I used the services of F&R global. They did a good Job on my SOP. They are flexible as they agree to my own personal terms as well. Thanks to you Frank. The information on this platform is too rich. Thanks to everyone who has been working to make things work out here. I am humble.

But all the Glory I give it to GOD Almighty.

Congratulations

My colleague at work also got PPR today and he also used Frank.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CentennialGuy: 4:32pm On Jun 02, 2022
2. Don't waste your time with OCMT. If IRCC says they don't offer PGWP eligible Programs, then they don't. Look for another school if PGWP is your goal.

OneLocalMan:
Hello House, please i need a little clarification.

This is my first time trying to apply to a Canadian university, i have been doing some deep research to make sure i try to get things right with the help of the gurus in the house.

My Question are:

1. First i realized Mpower has limited number of school they offer student loan to, can someone please recommend other facility for student loan other than Mpower for Canada student. others i saw only offer to USA student.

2. Has anybody ever graduated from Ontario College of Management & Technology and gotten their PGWP ?
it is stated on IRCC website that people who graduate from OCMT are not eligible for PGWP, i would like to find out if anyone has been able to get through with IRCC and the PGWP.

3. Lastly, what are the chances of getting an admission with second class lower for someone with up to 3years work experience from a university rather than college.

4. Does the number of weeks matter when getting your PGWP, i mean can someone with 8months - 1year get their PGWP, i know the longer the program time, the better they can get their extended PGWP, so does the timeframe of a program really matter ? if yes, please be kind to explain different scenario to me

5. When going for Upfront Medicals, what type of test do this hospital carry out, is it malaria test or some type of other stuff, perhaps a kind reply is needed here too.

**** Most important Question is Number ONE **** but i would appreciate other replies

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 02, 2022
lolobukkie:
Afternoon everyone please asking for a friend
She got PhD admission in Canada already (fully funded though) but wanted to travel with the her 2yrs daughter but not enough money in account (Less than a million naira) for them and no sponsor
She's considering Mpower loan if she can use it as proof of fund but don't know much about the process ,
Can those that have used Mpower loan please enlighten us how to do it and if it can be used and how much can she apply for
Presently not employed too
How can she go about her visa application pls
Also If Mpower loan can fly can she go with hubby and 2 kids then instead of just the small baby

Waiting for my experts and gurus advice
Thank you
Tell her to visit the Mpower website and have these documents handy
*Admission letter
*Statement of account for like 4months or six months.
*Proof of Address on her utility bill.
*International Passport data page of herself.
*International passport data page of her reference here.
*Others things to be filled,work history etc

About how much to apply ?This is at the discretion of the company.I applied and was Given 25k usd.they will ask a couple of question on work,salary and I things most importantly your career prospect.I told someone to apply and he was given 50k usd,he is an msc engineering applicant and only had 800k in his savings account submitted to them.I had statement of 2m and going for Msc project management but was given a lesser some.So it's dependent some factors no one can tell until you have gotten your loan.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Abi2022: 4:35pm On Jun 02, 2022
Hi you can go to IOM, on Isaac John Street, GRA, Ikeja. Make sure you have funds to pay, you may be lucky for an immediate date.

Wishing you the best

greeners222:
Please anybody can hook me up with where I can do my medical. Done it before but I was told I need another one now please its urgent any plug within Lagos. Been to Qlife they said no available slot for June just left there now. Meanwhile done it there before. Please its urgent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Philthomas649: 4:39pm On Jun 02, 2022
Philthomas649:
Hi everyone, please is this the letter of enrollment I need to present at the airport check in. I noticed my status is saying "not enrolled" please I need someone to explain this

Please I need someone to explain to me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Abi2022: 4:45pm On Jun 02, 2022
Amen

vividlooks:
Wow! wow!! wow!!!

Thank God for the rain of PPRs...

Congratulations to all that have their PPR.

For anyone that got a refusal, It is well with you. Don't relent . Re-evaluate your documents , ensure you address the VO'S concerns and reapply.. You will testify in Jesus name.

As for us all still in the waiting room, may God's favor speak for us the new month.... We will all testify in Jesus name. Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CentennialGuy: 4:47pm On Jun 02, 2022
The bolded is same in the UK. And UK is issuing student and dependent visa like it's sachet water. The drawback for UK is the fact there's no smooth path to permanent residency after post study visa.
ShowYoung:

(1) (2) (3) ... (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.