Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,574 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (604) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (920019 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Onaya(m): 9:00pm On Jun 02, 2022
CentennialGuy:

Hello bro,

I did my biometrics in Abuja and would be sending my passport for stamping to the same office. Will I be required to pay the transmission fee, or just the courier service fee alone?

I'd be glad to get more clarifications on this. Thank you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 9:01pm On Jun 02, 2022
Wealthh:
Good evening everyone,my application is 6months old and eligibility has started since January...around that March I got like 4 ghost updates(my application was 3months then) unfortunately doing that period,I sent alots of mail to Nairobi in which I was replied that they can’t disclose any information going on my application except I use the original email on my application..(I used agent for my application..tho he gave me my login details and every other things I needed except the email login he used)...so fast forward to today,I questioned him about my application,and the next thing he said was,I caused the delay on my application because I sent mails to them using the wrong mail and ircc knows what they are doing ..he said they delayed the visa because they have suspected agent packaged my application for me...pls my question is can this be true? Was my visa delayed because of the mails I sent with the wrong emails?? Should I withdraw and re-apply again? someone should plsss answer me

How can you believe such a blatant lie.

IRCC accepts agents (representative) to assist package visa application: else, there won't be a room for representative in IMM forms. Also, there won't be agents in Canada if IRCC does not want a representative.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Kainos22: 9:39pm On Jun 02, 2022
Guys, it is PPR!!!

56 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Empireman96: 9:42pm On Jun 02, 2022
Hi guys! I have been off the platform for some time now and I can see I have missed much information.

Please I would like for someone to kindly clarify this issues for me.

For someone applying for study visa;
1. Is it compulsory to have a sponsor, can't I be myself sponsor?

2. Is it compulsory to submit proof of English test to the embassy?

3. What's the time frame for visa to be approved
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Inyas2015: 9:50pm On Jun 02, 2022
hayoBams:
What entry are you looking for
As for the processing time I got my admission under two weeks.
Business Analytics
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 9:51pm On Jun 02, 2022
Empireman96:
Hi guys! I have been off the platform for some time now and I can see I have missed much information.

1. You can be self sponsored, you don't necessarily need to have a third party sponsor.

2. Proof of English proficiency is not compulsory.

3. Recently, no definite timeframe. Many people get visa decisions in 9 days, 11 days, 1 month, 3 months, 4 months, 1 year or more.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Electroweb(m): 9:51pm On Jun 02, 2022
Good day everyone
After sending a couple of webforms and emails, I received a message from IRCC after a year concerning my child’s TRV application. They want A Non Traveling Parent Authorization To Travel to be uploaded in my child’s application page. Upon checking where I am to upload this document I observed that this same document was requested last year and the deadline to upload it had expired. I didn’t get any notification email concerning that request. Now I can’t upload the document for this latest request.

So far, I have submitted the document via webforms and emails. Is there anything else I can do to remedy this situation?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by hotboss: 9:55pm On Jun 02, 2022
stanmorry:
Please, how did you get marriage certificate from LGA? I did traditional 30th Dec. 2021. And I want to get marriage certificate from LGA so, I can add it to application. please how do I go about it?

I did my wedding at the local government registry. Although some persons told me it wasn't recognised for visa purpose. Bit that's what I used together with the one given to me by the traditional Ruler of my wife's community.

For the d LGA. I went there and registered for the marriage. I later choose a date after they hv published for 2 weeks or so. On that day we went. It was conducted and the certificate was issued.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Uzoamaka123: 9:59pm On Jun 02, 2022
Pls can someone respond to this ?

Uzoamaka123:

Pleasssseeeeee

Guys pls how long after biometrics will IRCC update it to passed?

Did my biometrics yesterday .
Although it’s showing my enrollment number and date of enrollment but it’s still showing “ we need your fingerprint to process your application “ .

My friend said she did hers and it showed passed before she got home same day.

I just want to confirm if everything is okay .

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Inyas2015: 10:05pm On Jun 02, 2022
CharitoJames:

If it isn’t, people won’t be rushing it especially Nigerians

I hear say the school do delay admission and put people on waiting list
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Tadewuyi206: 10:09pm On Jun 02, 2022
Also experiencing this, I did mine since 13th of May and it has not changed to completed. I called VFS and they said it happens that if it doesn't get updated in a month, I can reach IRCC.
Uzoamaka123:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Qwerty7654: 10:16pm On Jun 02, 2022
Kainos22:
Guys, it is PPR!!!

Congratulations!!
Please share your timeline

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by wealthcss: 10:18pm On Jun 02, 2022
Congratulations WoW same day. This is indeed a blessing

Kainos22:
Guys, it is PPR!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by sinorte: 10:27pm On Jun 02, 2022
Congratulations �

Kainos22:
Guys, it is PPR!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Uzoamaka123: 10:28pm On Jun 02, 2022
Is it new portal you used to apply or old?

Please can someone else confirm if they are also experiencing this?
Tadewuyi206:
Also experiencing this, I did mine since 13th of May and it has not changed to completed. I called VFS and they said it happens that if it doesn't get updated in a month, I can reach IRCC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Enji: 10:28pm On Jun 02, 2022
Enji:
Hello House
I made a Family Application: - Study Visa for me(MSc) and my 2 children and Visitor Visa for my hubby. We submitted on 6th April, 2022. My hubby and I got request for biometrics same day but were only able to do biometrics on 13th April. My husband got his Passport Request on 19th April, 2022. My kids got medical request the same 19th April while the status of my medical changed to 'we are reviewing your medical results' since I did upfront medical on the same 19th April. My children did medical on 20th April; their medical was updated to passed on the 30th of April while mine was updated to passed on 6th May, 2022. At first, I was delaying sending my husband's passport because I kept hoping our visa approval would come soon. I had to send it in so that the 30 days will not expire. My people, my husband's passport has journeyed to Abuja and back to Lagos with his visa in place yet we re still waiting. My people, any suggestions or advice on what to do next?
Pls any response to this?�
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Kainos22: 10:29pm On Jun 02, 2022
Thank you. So happy it ended well.

wealthcss:
Congratulations WoW same day. This is indeed a blessing

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Tadewuyi206: 10:48pm On Jun 02, 2022
New portal but my medical has been updated to passed.
Uzoamaka123:
Is it new portal you used to apply or old?

Please can someone else confirm if they are also experiencing this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jun 02, 2022
CharitoJames:

All these requirements seff... it’s just few you will see on the portal oh... According to them, once you the parent had a study permit, it covers for the chat. How do you get email correspondence? When you can’t get them admission from outside of Canada or is this applicable to private schools?

You can't get them admission from outside Canada but you need to show exchange of email with the school you intend to enrol your child. Some schools ( private or public) will end you registration form to fill after which you will be notified your child has been waitlisted and that you should contact the school to finalise their admission process as soon as you touch base in Canada.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jun 02, 2022
Empireman96:

1. Not compulsory you have a sponsor, you can be self sponsor . Just be gallant financially lol

2. Proof of English test not compulsory, Nigerians are exempted

3. Application processing time on IRCC website is 11 weeks but bear in mind it could me shorter or longer than the estimated time.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by OneLocalMan: 11:05pm On Jun 02, 2022
Thank you very much for your kind reply this is the exact reason why i came here to get more information from other people...
So someone advise i contact OCMT directly to find out if the school offer PGWP, below is their response to my question, but upon checking IRCC website, it says their school is although DLI registered but their program is not eligible for PGWP.

is it that IRCC hasn't updated their website or just some program are not eligible for PGWP while some is, according to OCMT, they said they offer paid internship to their PG International student.

can someone break this down into what OCMT is trying to say and what is on IRCC website as well, i would really appreciate.

Lekiboboe:

Hi

Would only be able to answer two of your questions

2) OCMT doesn't offer PGWP , in your best interest as an international student, apply for a program at a College or University that is a Designated Learning Institute (DLI) and offers PGWP (VERY IMPORTANT)

5) The contents in the links below answers your no.5 question

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/233#98887195

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/198#98618943

Await a response from others on your other questions

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 11:06pm On Jun 02, 2022
A lot of PPR's recently, but unfortunately many didn't drop their timeline. Some just run away, and some ignored enquiries made by others.

There's more to Canada Waka than PPR o... Make una no forget!

19 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Laborah(f): 11:11pm On Jun 02, 2022
Congratulations to everyone that received pot today
It will end in praise for us all in Jesus name Amen

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 11:13pm On Jun 02, 2022
OneLocalMan:
Thank you very much for your kind reply this is the exact reason why i came here to get more information from other people...
So someone advise i contact OCMT directly to find out if the school offer PGWP, below is their response to my question, but upon checking IRCC website, it says their school is although DLI registered but their program is not eligible for PGWP.

is it that IRCC hasn't updated their website or just some program are not eligible for PGWP while some is, according to OCMT, they said they offer paid internship to their PG International student.

can someone break this down into what OCMT is trying to say and what is on IRCC website as well, i would really appreciate.

I will just advise you to quit now... The content of that mail does not specifically refer to PGWP, rather, it's an internship and/or CO-OP, which may be part of requirements for your program.

When it comes to PGWP, it is only the government/IRCC that have the final say. In as much as you've seen NO on IRCC website, I'll advise not to push your luck. Gracias

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Laborah(f): 11:13pm On Jun 02, 2022
Congratulations to all those that received PPR
it will end in praise for us all in Jesus name Amen

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ivygive: 11:24pm On Jun 02, 2022
Ivygive:
Please does anyone know or have the contact of a good and affordable immigration lawyer? Please I will appreciate it. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chuksiesmom: 12:08am On Jun 03, 2022
Congratulations...May Canada favour you cheesy
Kainos22:
Guys, it is PPR!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 12:12am On Jun 03, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by technix: 12:22am On Jun 03, 2022
I don't think there is anything you should do for now than wait. I believe you and your children will get passport requests soon. Congrats in advance!

Enji:
Hello House
I made a Family Application: - Study Visa for me(MSc) and my 2 children and Visitor Visa for my hubby. We submitted on 6th April, 2022. My hubby and I got request for biometrics same day but were only able to do biometrics on 13th April. My husband got his Passport Request on 19th April, 2022. My kids got medical request the same 19th April while the status of my medical changed to 'we are reviewing your medical results' since I did upfront medical on the same 19th April. My children did medical on 20th April; their medical was updated to passed on the 30th of April while mine was updated to passed on 6th May, 2022. At first, I was delaying sending my husband's passport because I kept hoping our visa approval would come soon. I had to send it in so that the 30 days will not expire. My people, my husband's passport has journeyed to Abuja and back to Lagos with his visa in place yet we re still waiting. My people, any suggestions or advice on what to do next?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by technix: 12:27am On Jun 03, 2022
I can't think of any other thing to do. It's fine, the authorization should be received via webform.

Electroweb:
Good day everyone
After sending a couple of webforms and emails, I received a message from IRCC after a year concerning my child’s TRV application. They want A Non Traveling Parent Authorization To Travel to be uploaded in my child’s application page. Upon checking where I am to upload this document I observed that this same document was requested last year and the deadline to upload it had expired. I didn’t get any notification email concerning the request. Therefore I couldn’t upload the document

So far, I have submitted the document via webforms and emails. Is there anything else I can do to remedy this situation?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CentennialGuy: 12:38am On Jun 03, 2022
No, you won't be required to pay the transmission fee.
Onaya:

Hello bro,

I did my biometrics in Abuja and would be sending my passport for stamping to the same office. Will I be required to pay the transmission fee, or just the courier service fee alone?

I'd be glad to get more clarifications on this. Thank you!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) ... (920)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.