Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,772 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (650) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (920141 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kiari: 4:40pm On Jun 11, 2022
Ladydami:
Please who knows if Humber college gives deadline extension for initial tuition Payment?
You have to call Humber and ask.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by amila20042001: 4:41pm On Jun 11, 2022
Please who has information on requirements for study permit extension. Kindly share
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Yemlizzy(f): 4:41pm On Jun 11, 2022
pearlies100:
It's PPR!!!! after one year wait.

I will post details soon. I'm too excited!
Yay God is good congrats cheesy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by olokings(m): 4:46pm On Jun 11, 2022
Hello,
Please did you submit Student GIC as part of your application?

Spicy12345:
Its PPR guys. Long Post alert

I have been a silent reader of Nairaland since the beginning of this year and everything that led to this point (obtaining our PPR), Nairaland contributed to it.
We started this journey in 2021. I started off with some countries which eventually did not work out. My husband had applied to a couple of schools and we either received rejections or no responses at all. Fast forward to January, my sister was leaving for Canada at the time and came visiting so I requested that she helped apply to a school. We followed up and received admission to Centennial College for a Postgraduate Certificate program in Cybersecurity. It is also worthy to note that we applied to several schools in the UK, I think about 6 or 7 of them and got admission to all.
Amidst all these, my husband insisted on Canada.
We applied for my husband's Study visa, my Spousal Open Work Permit and a Visiting Visa for my 19 months daughter on the 1st of April, 2022. This happened when everywhere I turned to for assistance on how to proceed with these applications kept giving warning signs for my husband to apply alone. My husband insisted that we all apply together and back it up with prayers and I agreed.
We gathered all our documents and applied with faith and the wait started. Sometimes, I would wake up in the middle of the night and say my prayers sometimes with tears. Sometimes, I and my husband would find it difficult to sleep at night. I would disturb my sister from time to time even during her busy schedule just to find out if there was anything to do to hasten the process. I am not a very patient person but my husband who has more patience among the both of us started to worry too on the 1st of June. We kept praying and hoping that God comes through.
I felt our application could be better but believed God will use the documents we had submitted to speak for us. We noticed that his passport was due to expire in October and then we decided to apply for that as quickly as possible.
On the 5th of June, my husband came back home worried which increased my worry as well but we kept telling each other that our application was more complex so it may take them a while to get to it.
On the 7th of June at around 7:30am, my husband called my attention and, in his words, "it is already happening o"
I ran to his phone and saw 3 emails with "do not reply", my heart skipped several beats and I remember saying to him, if we were rejected, we fire again.
I went straight for the laptop but was not fast enough as I kept shaking. My husband grabbed it and signed in.
At this point, I hissed and said aloud "Eligibility just started and its a ghost update", then he said hold on let me scroll down and there it was Original Passport Request. I screamed my lungs out.
Our timeline:
GCKey 1st time applicant
Application: 1st of April, 2022
Upfront medicals: 26t of March and updated to pass on the 21st of April, 2022
Biometrics: 14th of April, 2022
PPR for Study, SOWP, and VV on the 8th of June.

I would say it has been God and I am putting this out there to encourage people most especially families who are too afraid to apply together. Do it, research, make your application as tight as possible, and back it up with prayers. I reached out to only one person on this thread who happened to be going to the same school as my husband, @centennialguy, thank you for your help, I appreciate it.
I wish everyone the best and to all PPR hopefuls, your time is now.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ladydami(f): 4:53pm On Jun 11, 2022
kiari:

You have to call Humber and ask.
Thank you dear
I have called o, that didn’t give any definite answer, I just want to know now based on past experience.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chiziteremary: 5:27pm On Jun 11, 2022
congrats. May the land of Canada favour u all. Mine is next in Jesus name.

Spicy12345:

I have been a silent reader of Nairaland since the beginning of this year and everything that led to this point (obtaining our PPR), Nairaland contributed to it.
We started this journey in 2021. I started off with some countries which eventually did not work out. My husband had applied to a couple of schools and we either received rejections or no responses at all. Fast forward to January, my sister was leaving for Canada at the time and came visiting so I requested that she helped apply to a school. We followed up and received admission to Centennial College for a Postgraduate Certificate program in Cybersecurity. It is also worthy to note that we applied to several schools in the UK, I think about 6 or 7 of them and got admission to all.
We applied for my husband's Study visa, my Spousal Open Work Permit and a Visiting Visa for my 19 months daughter on the 1st of April, 2022. This happened when everywhere I turned to for assistance on how to proceed with these applications kept giving warning signs for my husband to apply alone. My husband insisted that we all apply together and back it up with prayers and I agreed.
We gathered all our documents and applied with faith and the wait started. Sometimes, I would wake up in the middle of the night and say my prayers sometimes with tears. Sometimes, I and my husband would find it difficult to sleep at night. I would disturb my sister from time to time even during her busy schedule just to find out if there was anything to do to hasten the process. I am not a very patient person but my husband who has more patience among the both of us started to worry too on the 1st of June. We kept praying and hoping that God comes through.
I felt our application could be better but believed God will use the documents we had submitted to speak for us. We noticed that his passport was due to expire in October and then we decided to apply for that as quickly as possible.
On the 5th of June, my husband came back home worried which increased my worry as well but we kept telling each other that our application was more complex so it may take them a while to get to it.
On the 7th of June at around 7:30am, my husband called my attention and, in his words, "it is already happening o"
I ran to his phone and saw 3 emails with "do not reply", my heart skipped several beats and I remember saying to him, if we were rejected, we fire again.
I went straight for the laptop but was not fast enough as I kept shaking. My husband grabbed it and signed in.
At this point, I hissed and said aloud "Eligibility just started and its a ghost update", then he said hold on let me scroll down and there it was Original Passport Request. I screamed my lungs out.
Our timeline:
GCKey 1st time applicant

I would say it has been God and I am putting this out there to encourage people most especially families who are too afraid to apply together. Do it, research, make your application as tight as possible, and back it up with prayers. I reached out to only one person on this thread who happened to be going to the same school as my husband, @centennialguy, thank you for your help, I appreciate it.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omoba95(f): 5:29pm On Jun 11, 2022
Has anyone that sent their passport for stamping between June 1st & Now gotten it back?
Also, what’s the duration to get one’s passport back?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chiziteremary: 5:29pm On Jun 11, 2022
Congrats. May the land of Canada favour u. Mine is next in Jesus name.

rukkayah:
Its PPR!!!!
Alhamdulilah!!!
April 8 applicant.
Im sooo Happy!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by lamash: 5:32pm On Jun 11, 2022
Spicy12345:

Our timeline:
GCKey 1st time applicant

It will end in praise

Congratulations, so happy for you..
hope for us who want to apply with our families...please post the documents submitted.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Georgegreen86: 6:38pm On Jun 11, 2022
Spicy12345:

Our timeline:
GCKey 1st time applicant

It will end in praise
Wow congratulations! Did u all get ppr same time?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by teejhaay: 6:41pm On Jun 11, 2022
Hello guys,

I have a question I'm a bit confused about something. I am heading to Calgary by August and so far from my research, airlines with connecting flight through the US have the cheapest fare. However, I have also googled to see that a transit visa is needed to pass through the US to another country. Please can anybody help clarify this for me. God bless.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 160485(f): 7:18pm On Jun 11, 2022
Please, where can I see cheap tickets to buy against August to Toronto

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by nixymax(f): 7:20pm On Jun 11, 2022
Please I need an accomodation inside or close to University of Alberta, Edmonton.

I'm a female graduate student and will be arriving in August.

Please email nixykul22@gmail.com if you are a female and have an affordable and conducive room and need a roommate.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Oluwanishore(f): 7:24pm On Jun 11, 2022
[quote author=Spicy12345 post=113703150]Its PPR guys. Long Post alert

Our timeline:
GCKey 1st time applicant

It will end in praise

Congratulations to you and your family.
I key into your testimony that my family application shall also be granted approval this month as well. Amen. Congrats once again.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Maputhohq: 7:34pm On Jun 11, 2022
Obibaby:
Please regarding Form A, does CBN or the processing bank deduct service charges or whatever from the applicant's account before deducting the main school fees amount? Because my mum got some small small debit alerts this evening and it was written "CBN" along side my Form A number.

My Form A was approved by my processing bank 2 days ago and today we started seeing the deductions. Please has anybody experienced this with Form A?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Spicy12345: 7:35pm On Jun 11, 2022
Ladydami:

Wow congratulations to you and your family.
Please kindly share the documents you used.

Thank you very much. Wishing you speed in your application too.
Documents submitted:
IMM forms
Letter of Acceptance
International passport Data page
Passport Photograph
Receipt of payment of full tuition fees
MBS of almost 20million
Mutual funds Investment statement
Shares Certificate
Land documents (receipts of purchase of land, purchases of building materials etc)
Birth certificate
School transcripts
WES evaluation
Current Job documents (Letter of Introduction, Letter of Commendation, Pay slips. awards, etc)
Upfront medical slip
Plenty family pictures (nuclear and extended)
IELTS result
Police Clearance Certificate
SOP

Spouse:
Marriage Certificate
Past Stamped Passport for UK
Master's Certificate from UK
Bachelors Certificate
LOI
Birth Certificate
WES evaluation
Business documents for my sister as I handle her business
CV
IELTS result
Pictures (extended and nuclear)

Daughter:
Intl Passport
Birth Certificate
Plenty Pictures

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Spicy12345: 7:37pm On Jun 11, 2022
Georgegreen86:

Wow congratulations! Did u all get ppr same time?

Thank you.
Yes, we got at the same time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Spicy12345: 7:39pm On Jun 11, 2022
[quote author=Oluwanishore post=113709568][/quote]

Amen I pray same for you too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Spicy12345: 7:40pm On Jun 11, 2022
olokings:
Hello,
Please did you submit Student GIC as part of your application?

No we didnt do GIC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by llionaire(m): 7:40pm On Jun 11, 2022
I sent a mail attaching my medical request letter and passport and IOM booked an appointment for an earlier date.
Please express the urgency in your mail
Sensible11:
@llionaire how are you able to resolve this?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Osemigho: 7:50pm On Jun 11, 2022
Nino22:
I secured my admission since December last year, applied for school scholarships around March. None forthcoming yet. I want to apply for the study permit now. And recent comments on this thread shows that it's best for sponsors to be closely related to whomever they are sponsoring. In my situation. My sponsor has a company in Canada. And he is capable of sponsoring me. I just don't want to make mistakes especially concerning the proof of funds aspect. I dunno if there is any other option or line of thought that I've not considered already to ensure positive responses from the VO

Let your sponsor pay your one year tuition in full and transfer some living expenses to your account. Submit pictures together and any other documents to show your relationship.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Osemigho: 7:53pm On Jun 11, 2022
Cannywaka:
Hi all I'm a software developer, I studied information management technology, I just served (nysc) last year, barely 2years experience of work, please what course will show career progression and in which low tuition school (preferably scholarships) can I apply to? this process is so new to me thanks. I await your responses

Msc computer science if you have above 80% GPA. You have to look for the school and admission by yourself.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Osemigho: 7:55pm On Jun 11, 2022
Ladydami:
Finally I have gotten to the end of this thread, started reading from the beginning, skipped very few times it’s took me weeks to read all and now I’m here.
This is my first time posting on any Nairaland also.
Congratulations to everyone who got PPR. I’ll testify in good time by God’s grace.

Welcome. You have done well for yourself. I hope you used the share and like options to track what is important to you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Osemigho: 8:01pm On Jun 11, 2022
teejhaay:
Hello guys,

I have a question I'm a bit confused about something. I am heading to Calgary by August and so far from my research, airlines with connecting flight through the US have the cheapest fare. However, I have also googled to see that a transit visa is needed to pass through the US to another country. Please can anybody help clarify this for me. God bless.

Aviod any airline transiting USA except you have a valid USA visa. Aviod any fare that have two transit locations in Europe too. All the best.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Calebbold: 8:03pm On Jun 11, 2022
I have been a silent reader on this forum. Please join me in thanking God Almighty. Just received my PPR request.

Applied on: 27th February 2022
Biometrics: 3th March 2022
Upfront medical passed: 4th March 2022
Eligibility Review: 30th May 2022
Bvl: 30th May 2022
PPR: 11th June 2022

44 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teekay20: 8:06pm On Jun 11, 2022
Congratulations...Thank you Jesus
Calebbold:
I have been a silent reader on this forum. Please join me in thanking God almighty. Just received my PPR request.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by rahmeekadigz(f): 8:11pm On Jun 11, 2022
Congratulations!
Calebbold:
I have been a silent reader on this forum. Please join me in thanking God almighty. Just received my PPR request.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ladydami(f): 8:25pm On Jun 11, 2022
Spicy12345:

Thank you very much. Wishing you speed in your application too.
Documents submitted:
IMM forms
Letter of Acceptance
International passport Data page
Passport Photograph
Receipt of payment of full tuition fees
MBS of almost 20million
Mutual funds Investment statement
Shares Certificate
Land documents (receipts of purchase of land, purchases of building materials etc)
Birth certificate
School transcripts
WES evaluation
Current Job documents (Letter of Introduction, Letter of Commendation, Pay slips. awards, etc)
Upfront medical slip
Plenty family pictures (nuclear and extended)
IELTS result
SOP

Spouse:
Marriage Certificate
Past Stamped Passport for UK
Master's Certificate from UK
Bachelors Certificate
LOI
Birth Certificate
WES evaluation
Business documents for my sister as I handle her business
CV
IELTS result
Pictures (extended and nuclear)

Daughter:
Intl Passport
Birth Certificate
Plenty Pictures

Thank you for sharing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Katehasty: 8:33pm On Jun 11, 2022
[quote author=Maputhohq post=113709814][/quote]
You have nothing to worry about…bank will deduct there charges and pls how many days did it take you and what bank

(1) (2) (3) ... (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) ... (920)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.