Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,694 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (684) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (907983 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 2:08pm On Jun 17, 2022
sweet7oyin:
pls, my parents are my sponsor and i am currently serving
do i still need to submit my bank statement?.

yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Deyoungjoe16(m): 2:08pm On Jun 17, 2022
Timonline:
my people abeg make una help me. Im really tired of this canada thing, i am about to lose my mind, 5 months after medicals still no word from ircc. Now i have to defer again to january because my college contacted me that the september batch is full. What do i do please ?, i feel like giving up and asking for a refund of my tuition fees. I've sent a lot of webforms, they just come back with the same automated response.
Don’t give up brother, take your mind off it and focus on your daily life. Good news will definitely come through

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 2:12pm On Jun 17, 2022
Chimzy4real:
I hardly see people put in for Concordia university of Montreal here. Is the school acceptance rate low?

If you can afford the school, you can go there...

People here have applied and gotten admission there.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lezy: 2:12pm On Jun 17, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 2:13pm On Jun 17, 2022
Coolnel:
Good day,

Please I would like to get details for a professional offering SOP writing services.

Thank you.

You can reach out.

I would be of service.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by sweet7oyin(m): 2:13pm On Jun 17, 2022
Anon123:

yes
the agent i am using said it wasn't necessary
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 2:16pm On Jun 17, 2022
Timonline:
my people abeg make una help me. Im really tired of this canada thing, i am about to lose my mind, 5 months after medicals still no word from ircc. Now i have to defer again to january because my college contacted me that the september batch is full. What do i do please ?, i feel like giving up and asking for a refund of my tuition fees. I've sent a lot of webforms, they just come back with the same automated response.

Have you applied for your gcms note?

Have you reached out to an MP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by sweet7oyin(m): 2:18pm On Jun 17, 2022
sweet7oyin:
But the agent i am using said it wasn't necessary
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 2:22pm On Jun 17, 2022
Timonline:

Hi

Since you have tried sending Webforms & no show yet from IRCC, try the alternative option below;

For a Possible study visa application expedition and to also get possible updates on your Study Application, based on your own situation, try to mail the Member of Parliament (MP) of the Province in Canada, your School (DLI) is located

Mail Content to be sent to a Member of Parliament (MP) of the Province your DLI (school) is located to enquire about the status of your Study Visa Application for possible expedition of your Application (Avoid Plagiarism & Make sure the mail content is based on your own situation
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/370#103737072

How to FIND MEMBERS OF PARLIAMENT (MP) of the Province your DLI (school) is Located
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/495#104258912

Good luck

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Rach90: 2:25pm On Jun 17, 2022
Jan 13th here. I don wait so te, I don dey loose weight. It will end in praise, all the wait will be worth it. Think about people that have applied since last year, it is well oooo
Anifowoshehabee:
Losing my mind a bit cause have applies since jan 7th and nothing till now while pple dat just applied last mtnh and april are gettint ppr flows��…

Any other jan applicant still here?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 2:26pm On Jun 17, 2022
sweet7oyin:
the agent i am using said it wasn't necessary

AHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Please you are more than 18yrs old, therefore you are eligible to own an account.

Furthermore, you are the applicant coming to Canada, you are expected to have at least your living expense with you.

Again, this your agent, ensure he gives you FULL ACCESS to your application after you submit and YOU ARE AWARE OF EACH DOCUMENT SUBMITTED IN ORDER TO AVOID HAD I KNOWN.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 2:29pm On Jun 17, 2022
Oluwanishore:
Hello everyone. Trust we are all doing great. Please your assistance is needed on this issue. I submitted a family application (myself,spouse and son) and we did upfront medicals after submission and have since uploaded our e-medical sheets via webform n emails. However, this morning I received a mail requiring my spouse and son to do a medical examination while my own status says medical exams received and being processed. I have immediately resent their(spouse and son) medical sheets via webform again and sent via mail as well to Nairobi and I copied London, Lagos and abuja. Please am I on the right track or is there something else I need to do asides all that?. Bikko help me out. Thanks in advance.

YES
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by donbabe2000: 2:31pm On Jun 17, 2022
[quote author=AmiDelight post=113877414][/quote]

pls does Conestoga request for ietls for nigerian student

i want to know the schools that does not require ietls for nigerian student
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 2:31pm On Jun 17, 2022
donbabe2000:

NO

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by LILIAN75: 2:38pm On Jun 17, 2022
Thank you , I will check wakanow
Chiziteremary:
I'm 100% sure of Wakanow. i use them frequently and their rates are quite competitive. Have neva used travelstart.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Keren12: 2:38pm On Jun 17, 2022
Who is in Seneca college? Biko how did you log in to your student portal to accept the offer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 2:39pm On Jun 17, 2022
Anifowoshehabee:
Losing my mind a bit cause have applies since jan 7th and nothing till now while pple dat just applied last mtnh and april are gettint ppr flows��…

Any other jan applicant still here?

If you have done medicals, passed it, and sent Webforms and Mails to IRCC about your application and no show from them

Try this

https://www.nairaland.com/6957495/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/683#113890150

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Samtob4life: 2:40pm On Jun 17, 2022
Lezy:

These links do not look like they are from CBN?

Jaiz bank social media

You don't have any business with CBN once created your account on tradesystem
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 2:43pm On Jun 17, 2022
donbabe2000:

No they don't.

You don't need IELTS for admission in a Canadian school, if you are a Nigerian and all your education from elementary school till University or Polytechnic were taught in English Language

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by BenedictStinson(m): 2:48pm On Jun 17, 2022
BenedictStinson:
I checked my form a transaction and saw this. Do I need to start a new one or simply upload the required document?
Now today this new update but it's back to ADB reviewer stage from ADB supervisor

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Marike2: 2:53pm On Jun 17, 2022
Lekiboboe:

No they don't.

You don't need IELTS for admission in a Canadian school, if you are a Nigerian and all your education from elementary school till University or Polytechnic were taught in English Language

Great! I hope IRCC has been updated?But is IELTS needed for study permit/Temporary visa processing for Nigerian students?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Marike2: 2:57pm On Jun 17, 2022
Pls, I want to know if a self employed person (over 10yrs) can apply for study permit despite educational and work gaps? Mid-40s and no travel history? Any possible concerns from the VO?

Gurus in the house pls help....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by donbabe2000: 2:58pm On Jun 17, 2022
yes they are very reliable,i prefer to buy ticket from them than wakanow
their service is good

LILIAN75:
Pls who knows about travelstart, is it reliable? Can one book ticket with them ? I'm asking to avoid being scammed because it's plenty money that's involved. Abeg anyone with information should help me out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 17, 2022
Marike2:
Pls, I want to know if a self employed person (over 10yrs) can apply for study permit despite educational and work gaps? Mid-40s and no travel history? Any possible concerns from the VO?

you have no issues.. your only job is to make your application strong, cover all year gaps with what you have been doing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by femmybet(f): 3:03pm On Jun 17, 2022
Good Day Guys, Just got my refusal letter

Reason: Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself

Already ordered my notes.

In the meantime, can you guys help with a hint on how to tackle this refusal reason

Thank you all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 3:04pm On Jun 17, 2022
Marike2:

Yes you can apply for a study permit.

Education doesnt have an age limit.

All you need to do is to ensure that the intended course is related to what you have been doing as self-employed.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 3:05pm On Jun 17, 2022
femmybet:
Good Day Guys, Just got my refusal letter

Reason: Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself

Already ordered my notes.

In the meantime, can you guys help with a hint on how to tackle this refusal reason

Thank you all

Did you pay your tuition fee?

Who was your sponsor?

Did you have unexplained lump sum in your account.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teejaymagic: 3:06pm On Jun 17, 2022
Elmemeoflagos:
felicitations!!!
Pls, does anyone has plug for SOP...i want a good SOP for my visa application..Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Hanzat: 3:07pm On Jun 17, 2022
Congratulations @Spicy12345
I would like to reach out to you for some directions.
Could you please reply my email to enable me communicate with you.
Thank you

Spicy12345:
Its PPR guys. Long Post alert

I have been a silent reader of Nairaland since the beginning of this year and everything that led to this point (obtaining our PPR), Nairaland contributed to it.
We started this journey in 2021. I started off with some countries which eventually did not work out. My husband had applied to a couple of schools and we either received rejections or no responses at all. Fast forward to January, my sister was leaving for Canada at the time and came visiting so I requested that she helped apply to a school. We followed up and received admission to Centennial College for a Postgraduate Certificate program in Cybersecurity. It is also worthy to note that we applied to several schools in the UK, I think about 6 or 7 of them and got admission to all.
Amidst all these, my husband insisted on Canada.
We applied for my husband's Study visa, my Spousal Open Work Permit and a Visiting Visa for my 19 months daughter on the 1st of April, 2022. This happened when everywhere I turned to for assistance on how to proceed with these applications kept giving warning signs for my husband to apply alone. My husband insisted that we all apply together and back it up with prayers and I agreed.
We gathered all our documents and applied with faith and the wait started. Sometimes, I would wake up in the middle of the night and say my prayers sometimes with tears. Sometimes, I and my husband would find it difficult to sleep at night. I would disturb my sister from time to time even during her busy schedule just to find out if there was anything to do to hasten the process. I am not a very patient person but my husband who has more patience among the both of us started to worry too on the 1st of June. We kept praying and hoping that God comes through.
I felt our application could be better but believed God will use the documents we had submitted to speak for us. We noticed that his passport was due to expire in October and then we decided to apply for that as quickly as possible.
On the 5th of June, my husband came back home worried which increased my worry as well but we kept telling each other that our application was more complex so it may take them a while to get to it.
On the 7th of June at around 7:30am, my husband called my attention and, in his words, "it is already happening o"
I ran to his phone and saw 3 emails with "do not reply", my heart skipped several beats and I remember saying to him, if we were rejected, we fire again.
I went straight for the laptop but was not fast enough as I kept shaking. My husband grabbed it and signed in.
At this point, I hissed and said aloud "Eligibility just started and its a ghost update", then he said hold on let me scroll down and there it was Original Passport Request. I screamed my lungs out.
Our timeline:
GCKey 1st time applicant
Application: 1st of April, 2022
Upfront medicals: 26t of March and updated to pass on the 21st of April, 2022
Biometrics: 14th of April, 2022
PPR for Study, SOWP, and VV on the 8th of June.

I would say it has been God and I am putting this out there to encourage people most especially families who are too afraid to apply together. Do it, research, make your application as tight as possible, and back it up with prayers. I reached out to only one person on this thread who happened to be going to the same school as my husband, @centennialguy, thank you for your help, I appreciate it.
I wish everyone the best and to all PPR hopefuls, your time is now.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 3:08pm On Jun 17, 2022
Lekiboboe:

No they don't.

Some need language proficiency letter. MUN requests for Ielts but Nigerians have started replacing it with Language proficiency letter

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by femmybet(f): 3:10pm On Jun 17, 2022
No tuition fee paid ( school did not require it )

Self sponsored

Lump sum was explained because it was an upfront one year salary paid to me by my boss because it was a paid study leave

Anon123:

Did you pay your tuition fee?

Who was your sponsor?

Did you have unexplained lump sum in your account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by banky24: 3:16pm On Jun 17, 2022
November 15th Applicant here. Just trust God and know it will end in praise.I t's not easy though. But what God cannot do does not exist. Keep trusting God.

Rach90:
Jan 13th here. I don wait so te, I don dey loose weight. It will end in praise, all the wait will be worth it. Think about people that have applied since last year, it is well oooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.