Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,259 members, 7,829,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (686) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (919996 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by rahmeekadigz(f): 5:39pm On Jun 17, 2022
Wow Congratulations �
MrsOwoks:
God is wonderful!

PPR after 7months and 10days.. I’m coming back to drop my timeline still at work��
I’m too happy!
Delay is truly not denial

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by QuinM: 5:43pm On Jun 17, 2022
Don't give up, okay?

I have sent someone that waited for 8 months and still got d visa...

Defer....to January
Then wait....

Most importantly....wait in Praise and Thanksgiving.....

I got denied....and am re packaging to refire.....

Timonline:
my people abeg make una help me. Im really tired of this canada thing, i am about to lose my mind, 5 months after medicals still no word from ircc. Now i have to defer again to january because my college contacted me that the september batch is full. What do i do please ?, i feel like giving up and asking for a refund of my tuition fees. I've sent a lot of webforms, they just come back with the same automated response.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lezy: 5:45pm On Jun 17, 2022
Congratulations. Mine is next in Jesus name
MrsOwoks:
God is wonderful!

PPR after 7months and 10days.. I’m coming back to drop my timeline still at work��
I’m too happy!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Yemlizzy(f): 5:46pm On Jun 17, 2022
MrsOwoks:
God is wonderful!

I’m too happy!
Congrats cheesy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ekesbaba1(m): 5:52pm On Jun 17, 2022
Dear Ables,

Clarification please!!!

I was requested to send my passport to VAC but I am presently in Dubai.
Can I send it in via courier?

I know collection is in person so I will make efforts to be there to collect it.
how long does it take between submission and collection?

Regards.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jenny255: 5:55pm On Jun 17, 2022
francisxbee:

Try reseting your password. If it doesn't work. Then register afresh with your mum/dad bvn, or any trusted person. You process the form A through their portal.
Will still work. Form A doesn't need to be same name as the student paying

The reset password isn’t working.

I don’t understand this.

Please explain better, thank you.

So the bvn used to register and the person paying mustn’t be the same for it to work?

Let’s say I use my mom bvn to register and the account details paying is someone else, will this still be processed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Best256: 5:56pm On Jun 17, 2022
MrsOwoks:
God is wonderful!

I’m too happy!

Yes! God is the Mr Fix it. Congratulations!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jenny255: 5:59pm On Jun 17, 2022
Hafeez6948:

Write to Windsor to give you enough time, i experienced delay too and they extended my deadline even with the extension they still didn't receive my payment on time, i had to go to my bank to request for evidence of payment (I.e the money has left your account) its some paper like that, can't remember the name but i sent it to the school and they chilled down nd waited. Uwindsor will give u time just ask them plus keep disturbing the bank. The country is working on borrowed life u just have to be patient

Okay, thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chiziteremary: 6:00pm On Jun 17, 2022
wow big congrats to u. May the land of Canada favour u. Mine is next in Jesus name.

MrsOwoks:
God is wonderful!

I’m too happy!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Charley97: 6:03pm On Jun 17, 2022
QuinM:
Don't give up, okay?

I have sent someone that waited for 8 months and still got d visa...

Defer....to January
Then wait....

Most importantly....wait in Praise and Thanksgiving.....

I got denied....and am re packaging to refire.....

good evening bosses so i recently graduated with 2.2 from a Private University. I studied Computer science and I am looking forward to start my application to any College in Canada for 2year PGD in computer related courses since MSc would be tough for me. someone recommended langara college since i was looking for web development related program, but that their 6k cad deposit and non refundable 1.5k cad policy, i no too like am .so does any affordable college or university recommendations that dont have that kind of policy would be appreciated please. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Zotomoto: 6:03pm On Jun 17, 2022
Mine is since May 4... some people stay there for 5 months[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Zotomoto: 6:05pm On Jun 17, 2022
And does one know what is going on without ordering GCMS

CharitoJames:

Mine is since May 4... some people stay there for 5 months
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by QuinM: 6:15pm On Jun 17, 2022
Have the same challenge

I don't think there is provision for sowp in d new portal....

I might just use d old portal....

Any one has a contrary opinion?

Hanzat:
Hello @CharitoJames,

That is what I did, but that the available options in the picture attached. Don't know what to do.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by vividlooks(f): 6:15pm On Jun 17, 2022
Jenny255:
Hello everyone,

I am trying to log into the form A portal, but the OTP isn’t coming to the mail, what do I do?

I’ve tried to reach out to all the support system on the form A portal but no response at all.

You need to confirm that you're using same email linked to your BVN. If you're using a different email now, it won't drop. Visit the bank where you registered for BVN to get this sorted.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by vividlooks(f): 6:23pm On Jun 17, 2022
MrsOwoks:
God is wonderful!

I’m too happy!

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Keren12: 6:25pm On Jun 17, 2022
Have you been able to login and accept your offer? If yes please how did you go about it?
Damysa:
I have also just gotten admission, please who is in Seneca College already, I need information please. Is there a whatsapp group or telegram, kindly drop the links here please

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 6:33pm On Jun 17, 2022
Lekiboboe:

Your friend is right

Only the University or Polytechnic you graduated from can give you a LETTER OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY

Secondary school too especially for Undergraduates
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ladydami(f): 6:34pm On Jun 17, 2022
BenedictStinson:
I checked my form a transaction and saw this. Do I need to start a new one or simply upload the required document?

I think you have to upload the required documents then go to the bank to explain what you saw and the actions you took afterwards, they will review the application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 6:35pm On Jun 17, 2022
MrsOwoks:
God is wonderful!

I’m too happy!

Super Congrats Ma

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Shadybeauty: 6:47pm On Jun 17, 2022
Good evening everyone. Please how can one get transcript from University of Benin and Delta State University with this ongoing strike
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by jovids: 6:52pm On Jun 17, 2022
Please house, for those that have booked directly from egyptair website, how did you make payment.

My Dollar debit card did not go through.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ladydami(f): 6:55pm On Jun 17, 2022
I need help
As a single mum, applying with my child, I have a sworn affidavits of being a single mum would that work in replacing consent letter from the father?
P.S my child still bears his father’s surname
Going to Dubai last year I use the sworn affidavit during our application and it worked.
Can it work again this time around?

Secondly
I am one of the directors in the family business and also work as the Marketing manager, I don’t intend to use the company’s statement of account , because I think my personal account and that of my sponsor’s account would be just fine
Asides from including the company’s CAC documents please what other document do I need to include (relating to the company) ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by dbeautyful: 7:08pm On Jun 17, 2022
Please, isn't it 1 year living expense?! sad
Or is it different for self-sponsored applicants?
... Asking kindly.

ShowYoung:

Without having seen your GCMS notes, I can see the exact reason why your application was refused; although GCMS notes is the best source. This is my thought and may be incorrect.

Required Expenses
Tuition fee for 2 years $22,400.
Living Expenses (2 years) $20,000.
Miscellaneous Expenses $3000.
TOTAL : $45,400. (#15,075,000 @$1/335)

Total Amount shown:
Tuition Deposit $7000. (#2,345,000)
Dad's Account #4,000,000
Dad's Account #5,000,000
TOTAL: #11,345,000.
You may still need approximately #4,000,000 more.

Also, the onus is on you to convince the VOs that your Dad has no responsibility on anyone else and that the funds are meant for you.

I strongly believe they wish to approve your visa; in your next application, if you are able to address the concerns raised with the financial analysis above, your visa application will be approved by God's grace.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by francisxbee: 7:16pm On Jun 17, 2022
Jenny255:

The reset password isn’t working.

I don’t understand this.

Please explain better, thank you.

So the bvn used to register and the person paying mustn’t be the same for it to work?

Let’s say I use my mom bvn to register and the account details paying is someone else, will this still be processed?
You can use your mom's bvn and her bank account to pay. You just deposit the money into her account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by BenedictStinson(m): 7:26pm On Jun 17, 2022
Jenny255:

2 weeks?

I have just 15 days left to pay my tuition.

What do I do now?
It might be a case of your BVN email being different from your current email address which you can rectify with your bank. When I first started with the site. The phone number for my BVN there was a very old number which Etisalat had already allocated to another number so I had to go to my bank to change it and it was adjusted on the portal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ketima: 7:32pm On Jun 17, 2022
Hanzat:
Hello Everyone, I am using the new portal.
Can't seem to find the right selection for SOWP.
I am applying for my spouse to accompany me, but she's not for a study permit.
Please guide me.

Hello Hanzat,

You can only apply for SOWP using the GCKey. The new portal is for study and visiting Visa unless they have included it recently.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ketima: 7:35pm On Jun 17, 2022
QuinM:
Have the same challenge

I don't think there is provision for sowp in d new portal....

I might just use d old portal....

Any one has a contrary opinion?

You're right QuinM,

SOWP is done with GCKey only and not the new portal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Abby212: 7:36pm On Jun 17, 2022
Wow!! Big congratulations to your family. Please did you indicate that your wife would be joining you in Canada while you were filling for your student visa?

Ketima:
Now I want to give a little advise to us all. Do that which you believe will work for you. Many of you here knows me well but note it that no one knows it all. We all learn from each other.

Today I got my wife's SOWP, just 3 months after submission even though I'm still in Nigeria. Sometimes we get adviced based on others peoples situations or event, but truth be told, things changes with time. When I got my study visa, family application refusals were high, hence we tend to advice to apply alone, then apply for spouse and kids(if any) when you arrive in Canada. In the past few weeks, we have noticed that family applications are recieving approval, those applying for diploma even when they already have Bsc are getting approval, those applying for PGD even after Masters are getting approvals.

So, What that matters is let your application be top notch. Avoid any loophole. Be your own VO. Review your application yourself and leave the rest to God's grace.

So, I advice henceforth, if you're a family, apply together, worst scenario, it will be rejected and you people can refire again. If you're applying for a degree lower than what you already had, ensure that your prove beyond doubt why you're going for such course. Nothing is impossible in this Canada journey.

For SOWP, then we were advised to wait till you get to Canada before applying. But with the recent delays in SOWP application, applicants are waiting 8 months + before getting decisions. So if you applied alone and got approval, you may as well work toward submitting your spouse (family) application because you never can tell, it may even get approved before you leave so that both can leave together.

And again for those not coming forth to encourage others with there timeline, is not that you're compelled to do it or people beg or attack you, is just to help the newbies learn vital document's to submit as not all will have time to read from the beginning. I personally have 3 people I helped applied for and got approval this month and I told them to come share their testimony here to encourage others and they promised but still hasn't. But It was still from sharing of timeline that they came to me to help them in their applications. So please let's do well to help each other because this journey has no end until we all become citizens. At any stage, you will need help and this nairaland forum is top notch for such.

For my wife SOWP, I will still share it here for others to learn and as well in the SOWP forum.

We're all doing well and God will bless us all.

Lianna2020 you motivated me to apply for her early and I'm grateful I did.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Kidsister13: 7:36pm On Jun 17, 2022
Congratulations!!!!

MrsOwoks:
God is wonderful!

I’m too happy!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Uzoamaka123: 7:39pm On Jun 17, 2022
Hi guys .

Quick update .

I’m putting this out there for those who have initiated the form A process and have gotten approval but haven’t still been debited.

I submitted my application may 26 with hope of doing the whole form A and sending my tuition receipt via webform.
After getting the approval since June 1 , they dint debit me.

I went to stanbic head office at Walter Carrington on Monday , they said it’s not in their hands and there’s no allocation from CBN.

My mind told me to go there today again and this time around, to cause wahala aka wotowoto ��.
I sha went there to para that today is my deadline and I will loose my admission if the payment isn’t done today. ( my school doesn’t have a deadline , Infact tuition deposit isn’t compulsory)
The guy I met there was still telling me there’s no money on ground lol.
I started to para.

Anyways to cut the long story short, they just debited me 10 mins ago at the rate of N327.

Please if you’ve gotten approval since over 2 weeks , go to their head office to para.

They will debit you.
Nigerians don’t like the gentle and civilized way of doing thing.

Until you fight and shout , they won’t answer you.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ableman101: 7:51pm On Jun 17, 2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) ... (920)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.