Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (688) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (927149 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) (691) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teejaymagic: 1:41am On Jun 18, 2022
@Anon123. Kindly send me your contact. Thank you and Good Morning.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Only1boy: 2:34am On Jun 18, 2022
Lekiboboe:

Big Congratulations you on your PPR

Visit the link below to know how to submit your passport

https://www.nairaland.com/6957495/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/667#113811641

@Lekiboboe please boss. I just got admitted to Niagara college and I don’t know how to go about school fee payment.
I was only shown a link in the admission letter which only leads me to using debit cards from my country and I don’t know how sure that is. Please help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrprolifik: 2:50am On Jun 18, 2022
Ekesbaba1:
I need an advice.
Please someone should assist..

If you are currently out of the country then you need to send a message to IRCC to update them of your current temporary address to see if they would agree for you to send your passport to the VAC in the UAE.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by olutowo(m): 2:57am On Jun 18, 2022
Kkay07:
It’s PPR June 1st
God has done it

Time line
Submission April 6
Upfront medicals passed April 11
Biometric passed April 13
PPR June 1st

Documents
Sop
IMM forms
Admission letter from university of Alberta
Passport
POF was Scholarships letter from department
Parents statement of Account

Additional docs (not much actually)
Nin of myself and family
Family photo
Cv
Bsc Transcript
Bsc Certificate
Birth certificate
Accademic awards
Police certificate.

I pray everyone else waiting will receive theirs. Amen
Been on this group for a few weeks but it kept my sanity while waiting. Thanks

Please how do u go about the scholarship...can i mail u....mine is olutowo@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ekesbaba1(m): 3:20am On Jun 18, 2022
My people!!!

Thank you to everyone on this platform for the assistance so far.

After being scammed by an agent of 5500 CAD in April 2021, I decided to apply by self.
Submitted April 1st..
Biometrics April 8th..(Abuja)
Biometrics Updated 9th..
Traveled to Dubai for honeymoon May 16th..
Got a request for medicals June 1st.
Did the medicals June 8th here in Dubai for 795 aed..(E really pain me oo)
Medicals passed and updated 13th June..
PPR June 17th, just 4 days later..

I'm still surprised ooo.
In all, I give all the glory to God!!!
I prayed for grace and He answered me..
I resigned from my bank job in June 2021 after the scam with high hopes, got fired from my other remote jobs by August, Got depressed and couldn't travel home that year.
But my guy came through for me, inspired me that the hustle just started and introduced me to church(Dominion City), I became focused on God, got some of my remote jobs back, got my self confidence back, married in March, apply study permit April, Go honey moon for Dubai May, PPR June.

This is my testimony!!!
God really works, if we can be faithful and keep our side of the agreement.
More Good new loading as I will continue to be faithful by the enablement of the holy spirit.

He will visit everyone here according to our needs in Jesus name!!!

46 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by HelperDeji(m): 3:37am On Jun 18, 2022
Anybody that can link me on how to get police clearance certificate in Lagos.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Princeofabia: 3:42am On Jun 18, 2022
Ekesbaba1:
My people!!!

After being scammed by an agent of 5500 CAD in April 2021, I decided to apply by self.
Submitted April 1st..
Biometrics Updated 9th..

I'm still surprised ooo.
I resigned from my bank job in June 2021 after the scam with high hopes, got fired from my other remote jobs by August, Got depressed and couldn't travel home that year.
But my guy came through for me, inspired me that the hustle just started and introduced me to church(Dominion City), I became focused on God, got some of my remote jobs back, got my self confidence back, married in March, apply study permit April, Go honey moon for Dubai May, PPR June.

This is my testimony!!!
More Good new loading as I will continue to be faithful by the enablement of the holy spirit.

super Congrats!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Sand4love(f): 3:53am On Jun 18, 2022
Sand4love:
Hey Guys,

It's PPR for me...
WHAT GOD CANNOT DO DOES NOT EXIST

First time Applicant.

No travel history, Virgin passport
Did not use any agent.
Upfront medicals: 9th March 2022
Application submitted: 3rd April 2022
Biometrics done & updated: 14th April 2022
Medicals passed: 19th April 2022
Eligibility Review: Ongoing�
Background Check: Ongoing�
BVL & PPR: 16th June 2022.

Will come back to share the docs I submitted.
Thank you Jesus and thank you guys for all the information you put out here.

My Timeline Guys

University of Windsor
Msc of Management 2 years course
Single

Applicants Documents (as seen in my table of content)
1. SOP
2. CV
3. LOI from current place of work
4. Employment letters from current and previous places of work.
5. 4months Payslips and Letter of Increment
6. Work ID
7. Employee of the month Award
8. ICAN Exams docs.
9. FRSC CERT
10. NYSC CERT
11. Diploma & Bsc certs & transcripts
12. WAEC Cert.
13. Affidavit to correct wrong DOB on WAEC Cert
14. Local Govt identification letter
15. Birth certificate
16. Police character cert
17. Upfront medicals
18. Gift Deed from brother - Landed property.
*I did not submit my bank statement.

Sponsors Documents (Brother)
1. Sponsorship letter
2. MBS with a balance of 13m with good inflow and outflow
3. Deposit Receipt $4,000 cad
4-6 Business docs
7-8 Passport Datapage & Stamped pages
9. Previous cash gifts from Sponsor.
10. Assets Docs and pictures (cars, house, landed property)
11. Parents voters cards
12. Siblings Birth certificates.

My SOP was written by @GCMSWRITERS though I had to restructure to suit my exact intentions.
Big thanks to @just mellow for answering all my questions and other gurus in the house.
@kweje, you know I cannot thank you enough. You became a big sis to me on nairaland, you held me by the hands throughout the process up till this point. Big hug sis...thank you so much.

Please guys do not let anyone discourage you from applying, put in your best foot, get the right connection here, read through others experience. You are good to go.

Thank you guys, We shall all testify.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 5:06am On Jun 18, 2022
Today is Saturday... the God of impossibilities can do anything and make anything possible. I am still hopeful

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 5:12am On Jun 18, 2022
Bolanle18090040:
Hello house I have been given admission in NBCC
I want to know the next step
Thanks

After given admission, read the terms and conditions written in your Letter of Acceptance LOA and honour it, then apply for your study permit.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 5:23am On Jun 18, 2022
Spicy12345:
Its PPR guys. Long Post alert

I have been a silent reader of Nairaland since the beginning of this year and everything that led to this point (obtaining our PPR), Nairaland contributed to it.
We started this journey in 2021. I started off with some countries which eventually did not work out. My husband had applied to a couple of schools and we either received rejections or no responses at all. Fast forward to January, my sister was leaving for Canada at the time and came visiting so I requested that she helped apply to a school. We followed up and received admission to Centennial College for a Postgraduate Certificate program in Cybersecurity. It is also worthy to note that we applied to several schools in the UK, I think about 6 or 7 of them and got admission to all.
Amidst all these, my husband insisted on Canada.
We applied for my husband's Study visa, my Spousal Open Work Permit and a Visiting Visa for my 19 months daughter on the 1st of April, 2022. This happened when everywhere I turned to for assistance on how to proceed with these applications kept giving warning signs for my husband to apply alone. My husband insisted that we all apply together and back it up with prayers and I agreed.
We gathered all our documents and applied with faith and the wait started. Sometimes, I would wake up in the middle of the night and say my prayers sometimes with tears. Sometimes, I and my husband would find it difficult to sleep at night. I would disturb my sister from time to time even during her busy schedule just to find out if there was anything to do to hasten the process. I am not a very patient person but my husband who has more patience among the both of us started to worry too on the 1st of June. We kept praying and hoping that God comes through.
I felt our application could be better but believed God will use the documents we had submitted to speak for us. We noticed that his passport was due to expire in October and then we decided to apply for that as quickly as possible.
On the 5th of June, my husband came back home worried which increased my worry as well but we kept telling each other that our application was more complex so it may take them a while to get to it.
On the 7th of June at around 7:30am, my husband called my attention and, in his words, "it is already happening o"
I ran to his phone and saw 3 emails with "do not reply", my heart skipped several beats and I remember saying to him, if we were rejected, we fire again.
I went straight for the laptop but was not fast enough as I kept shaking. My husband grabbed it and signed in.
At this point, I hissed and said aloud "Eligibility just started and its a ghost update", then he said hold on let me scroll down and there it was Original Passport Request. I screamed my lungs out.
Our timeline:
GCKey 1st time applicant
Application: 1st of April, 2022
Upfront medicals: 26t of March and updated to pass on the 21st of April, 2022
Biometrics: 14th of April, 2022
PPR for Study, SOWP, and VV on the 8th of June.

I would say it has been God and I am putting this out there to encourage people most especially families who are too afraid to apply together. Do it, research, make your application as tight as possible, and back it up with prayers. I reached out to only one person on this thread who happened to be going to the same school as my husband, @centennialguy, thank you for your help, I appreciate it.
I wish everyone the best and to all PPR hopefuls, your time is now.

It will end in praise

Hello everyone, I’ve been denied study visa to USA 2times. 2018 and 2019
* first denial reason: lack of traveling experience
* second reason: Nigerians have been banned so they I was told to check another country without interview

I’ve been denied uk visa march 2022, due to insufficient funds

I’ve was denied Canada Jan due to employment prospect in my country of residence. I’m a full time student here but didn’t submit, sop, identification means proper pof just filled the forms available and submitted.
My situation now is my sister has 20m in fd and will like to be my sponsor this time, how more do you guys think I can convince the consular in this case and is there still hope I’ll get the study visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Flofunky: 5:38am On Jun 18, 2022
[quote author=Davidbanky post=112166157]

Congratulations [/qcuote]c
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by JDB55(m): 5:42am On Jun 18, 2022
Sand4love:

My Timeline Guys

University of Windsor
Single

1. SOP
2. CV
6. Work ID
8. ICAN Exams docs.
9. FRSC CERT
10. NYSC CERT
12. WAEC Cert.
15. Birth certificate
17. Upfront medicals

1. Sponsorship letter
4-6 Business docs
11. Parents voters cards

My SOP was written by @GCMSWRITERS though I had to restructure to suit my exact intentions.
Big thanks to @just mellow for answering all my questions and other gurus in the house.
@kweje, you know I cannot thank you enough. You became a big sis to me on nairaland, you held me by the hands throughout the process up till this point. Big hug sis...thank you so much.

Please guys do not let anyone discourage you from applying, put in your best foot, get the right connection here, read through others experience. You are good to go.

Please dear, this affidavit you did to correct the wrong DOB on your WAEC certificate, did you use it to request for a new certificate or you submitted the one carrying the wrong DOB and the affidavit at the same time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 5:49am On Jun 18, 2022
makano:
Congrats kennyjoy

It has finally ended in praise..

Peace

* second reason: Nigerians have been banned so they I was told to check another country without interview

I’ve was denied Canada Jan due to employment prospect in my country of residence. I’m a full time student here but didn’t submit, sop, identification means proper pof just filled the forms available and submitted.
My situation now is my sister has 20m in fd and will like to be my sponsor this time, how more do you guys think I can convince the consular in this case and is there still hope I’ll get the study visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by FAVANA: 6:11am On Jun 18, 2022
Good morning all,
I was sent a medical request, the medicals I have expires next month. However, this month is full online.Can I walk into Q-life without an appointment? Will I be attended to?
I look forward to your response. Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 6:12am On Jun 18, 2022
Only1boy:

@Lekiboboe please boss. I just got admitted to Niagara college and I don’t know how to go about school fee payment.
I was only shown a link in the admission letter which only leads me to using debit cards from my country and I don’t know how sure that is. Please help.

Hi

Reach out to the International admission office of Niagara College via mail to ask for step by step on how you can pay your tuition from Nigeria (in details), they would let you know how to go about it.

Also await a based on experience response from someone who has paid his or her tuition to Niagara College from Nigeria to guide you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by DebrahOj: 6:20am On Jun 18, 2022
@sand4love please I sent you an email re the landed gift deed. Trying to do same and it's giving me a lot of headache. Will like to know how you did yours.

Sand4love:

My Timeline Guys

University of Windsor
Single

1. SOP
2. CV
6. Work ID
8. ICAN Exams docs.
9. FRSC CERT
10. NYSC CERT
12. WAEC Cert.
15. Birth certificate
17. Upfront medicals

1. Sponsorship letter
4-6 Business docs
11. Parents voters cards

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by nixymax(f): 6:21am On Jun 18, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for a female roommate or an apartment close to University of Alberta. My budget is 500CAD max.

I'm resuming late August

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 6:22am On Jun 18, 2022
Ekesbaba1:
My people!!!

Submitted April 1st..
Biometrics Updated 9th..

I'm still surprised ooo.

This is my testimony!!!

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by freshdude: 6:29am On Jun 18, 2022
possessor1:
I got PPR request today! Jesus did it for me!
Please check your email. I sent you a mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 6:39am On Jun 18, 2022
Ekesbaba1:
I need an advice.
Please someone should assist..

You can submit to VAC office in Dubai since that's the country you reside atm. (See the attached picture)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 6:49am On Jun 18, 2022
AfolabiZamani:

Don't duel much on those refusals. You can get your visa approved if you package your application well.

First of all, to know if the 20m from your sister will be enough. You need to tell the house, how much your tuition is, how many years of program, how much you have or plan to have in your account, does your sister have dependants of her own etc. Providing relevant information will help you get appropriate responses.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nikky6: 6:56am On Jun 18, 2022
Submission of passport

Yes, get an envelope and put the following inside and take to DHL office.

put two photocopies of your passport data page

your yellow or white biometrics slip

passport request letter

consent form downloaded and signed

Print out receipts of the 7430 naira.

Note: you are signing just the second page of the consent form

passport itself

one plain sheet of paper where you can write your address and phone number .

Note:
If you did biometrics in Lagos and want to send to Lagos , no fees is paid to VFS.
But If you did biometrics in Lagos and want to send to Abuja , you are paying 7430 to CANADA LOGISTIC COLLECTION ACCOUNT (a/c no 0065165839) sterling bank.

If choosing Abuja, DHL will deliver to the following address below:

Visa Application Centre
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor
Plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way,Central Business District
Abuja
Nigeria

If you are sending to Lagos , dhl will deliver to ,

Visa Application Centre
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way,
Opposite Treasure Garden Estate,
Third Roundabout, Lekki Phase I,
lagos,
Nigeria

MrsOwoks:
Please how do I submit my passport oo�� Someone should please help ��

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by nixymax(f): 6:59am On Jun 18, 2022
Hello Everyone,

A female roommate or an apartment close to University of Alberta is needed. My budget is 500CAD max.

I'm resuming late August

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Boluwatifebaby: 7:11am On Jun 18, 2022
Hanzat:
Hello Everyone, I am using the new portal.
Can't seem to find the right selection for SOWP.
I am applying for my spouse to accompany me, but she's not for a study permit.
Please guide me.

SOWP can only be done on the old portal for now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teejaymagic: 7:27am On Jun 18, 2022
@justmellow. Pls, i need your assistance for my SOP. Kindly send me your details..Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teejay13(m): 7:51am On Jun 18, 2022
Ekesbaba1:
My people!!!

Submitted April 1st..
Biometrics Updated 9th..

I'm still surprised ooo.

This is my testimony!!!

Congratulations my brother.

Indeed God actually proved himself worthy. We shall all be celebrated someday too!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Johnjide1(m): 7:56am On Jun 18, 2022
Good morning

Please how do you intend to send your transcript to WES if i may ask
Please kindly educate me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ibaka: 8:03am On Jun 18, 2022
Mrs Rosemary Alagbon very responsive got her number from here .I paid 5k you can negotiate for less

HelperDeji:
Anybody that can link me on how to get police clearance certificate in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Popson09: 8:09am On Jun 18, 2022
Good morning everyone
Please, I need your honest opinion on this.
"I submitted conditional acceptance letter for my visa application but I just received an unconditional acceptance letter. Please can I send it via webform or I should wait until they requested for it?"
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ewaade23: 8:11am On Jun 18, 2022
Good morning people,
Please Abeg who knows or who is going Sault College in Sault Ste. Marie.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lezy: 8:13am On Jun 18, 2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) (691) ... (920)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.