Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (708) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (905095 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 7:06am On Jun 22, 2022
Good morning guys,

There's a news that has been flying around all social media platforms since yesterday.
Withdrawal of the Central Bank Form A discounted rate from Dec 31st, 2022
Please, who has heard about it and how true this could possibly be?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Kidsister13: 7:08am On Jun 22, 2022
My course didn't have the online option.

So i deferred from Jan to September. Na here I dey oh.

Please people, is there any disadvantage of sending them a document they did not request for. E.g my new acceptance letter showing a new date of resumption?

vividlooks:

It is well with you ooo...

Are you for fall or you already started online?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 7:08am On Jun 22, 2022
EhischemNg:
I just saw this and cold chills ran through my spines
This is actually what I was just asking about...
Why do these people always love giving citizens hard times! Chai

Just did a calculation now...and for someone going for a one year Post Graduate program with a tuition range of $18,000 CAD... The person will need an extra ₦2.7m - ₦3m
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Sofbell: 7:20am On Jun 22, 2022
Please does the account for POF matter?
Is it advisable to use a current account or anyone is fine?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Funmilayoo: 7:22am On Jun 22, 2022
Good day everyone. Please I need help, I applied for my student visa on February 10, 2022, and did biometrics on February 15, using an immigration consultant. Around May I asked for a screenshot of my profile page cos I don’t have access to my page, I noticed my background check and eligibility have started, and I did another upfront medical on June 10, 2022, cos the one I did last year has expired.
I have my application number and UCI number but I don’t have the password, can I order for my GCMS notes or raise a web form myself?
I had to defer from May to September, September is just 2 months away no ppr yet, I don't know what to do, I will appreciate any advice given. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 7:28am On Jun 22, 2022
Funmilayoo:
Good day everyone. Please I need help, I applied for my student visa on February 10, 2022, and did biometrics on February 15, using an immigration consultant. Around May I asked for a screenshot of my profile page cos I don’t have access to my page, I noticed my background check and eligibility have started, and I did another upfront medical on June 10, 2022, cos the one I did last year has expired.
I have my application number and UCI number but I don’t have the password, can I order for my GCMS notes or raise a web form myself?
I had to defer from May to September, September is just 2 months away no ppr yet, I don't know what to do, I will appreciate any advice given. Thanks

If your email is used to send correspondences with IRCC and you have your UCI and application number; you will be able to order for your GCMS notes.

Alternatively, you can ask the consultant to order for the GCMS notes on your behalf.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Eyegroup: 7:33am On Jun 22, 2022
Please some one should help me if there is any school that can can admit me this septmber if is collage pkease
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 7:47am On Jun 22, 2022
Eyegroup:
Please some one should help me if there is any school that can can admit me this septmber if is collage pkease

You have been posting the same question, but you're not responding to the questions people are asking you.

If you answer, they may be able to recommend schools and programs for you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by sunkymatete: 7:48am On Jun 22, 2022
Seun26rafael:

I haven’t,still waiting for a medical request.My cousin and I did the same thing,same day too but he got a request for medicals and I didn’t.
same problem with you bro…March 22, 2022 and still waiting for medical request too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrprolifik: 7:48am On Jun 22, 2022
Eyegroup:

Click on the link below to find colleges and programs related to computer science still accepting applications for September 2022 intake.
https://www.ontariocolleges.ca/en/programs?q=computer%20science%20&page=0&by%5BIntakeAvailabilityEnglish%5D%5B0%5D=Open&hFR%5BIntakeStartDateHierarchyMonthNameEnglish.lvl0%5D%5B0%5D=Aug%202022%20-%20Nov%202022%20%28Fall%29%7CSep%202022

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Faeyth: 7:49am On Jun 22, 2022
shankeybee:

Hello, I would be going to Durham College in September

Hi, please can I send you a message I’m currently applying to Durham and I don’t understand what they mean by secondary school diploma
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Sulaimonsb(m): 7:52am On Jun 22, 2022
Good morning, he no good oo una just dey dodge my question. There is God oo @lekiboboe @mrprolifik @makano
Sulaimonsb:
Abeg the expert in the house please help and advise me on my next line of action. I applied on the 11th of February 2022 through a immigration consultant and the only update i got since was medical updated to pass on the 2nd of march since then the information has been ur application is still progress. I emailed nairobi and the response was your application is still progress, i also ordered my notes last week. The same week i followed the advise of one of the gurus here by sending a message to the MP in the region my school is and the response i got from him was i should send my names, date of birth and UCI number which i did and this evening i got a message from his office stating that criminality and medicals have passed Eligibility to be assessed and will send a message to request update from visa office. He also recommend i reach out to his office again in 1 month if i have not gotten an update from ircc. Now my problem is, i have until august to be in canada after august i either withdraw or i differ to january nxt year. Please should i differ to January or wait for a miracle to happen before August.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrprolifik: 8:02am On Jun 22, 2022
Sulaimonsb:
Good morning, he no good oo una just dey dodge my question. There is God oo @lekiboboe @mrprolifik @makano

I think you should wait . This is because you still have the rest of June and the whole of July to expect a decision. Since what is left to be done is eligibity , that means a decision on your application is very close.
I hope you have done your biometrics? I am asking because you didn't make mention of it in your write up , but I assume it has been done since , the MP you contacted told you in his reply that criminality check has been passed.
Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 8:18am On Jun 22, 2022
Eyegroup:

Do you have Visa already? Because September is around the corner
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrprolifik: 8:19am On Jun 22, 2022
Faeyth:

Hi, please can I send you a message I’m currently applying to Durham and I don’t understand what they mean by secondary school diploma

Your secondary school certificate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Faeyth: 8:27am On Jun 22, 2022
mrprolifik:

Your secondary school certificate.
Thank you for the swift response. I appreciate to understand you clearly that’s the one issued from my secondary school the testimonial right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 8:28am On Jun 22, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrprolifik: 8:31am On Jun 22, 2022
Faeyth:

Thank you for the swift response. I appreciate to understand you clearly that’s the one issued from my secondary school the testimonial right?

Yes the one certifying that you have completed secondary school.
I hope you don't have a study gap of more than 5years? I am asking because I know Durham college doesn't admit Nigerians with more than 5years study gap into their undergraduate programs.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 8:38am On Jun 22, 2022
legenduq:
God has done it.
It’s PPR!

First time applicant. (New portal)

Timeline
- Upfront Medical: March 10, 2022
- Submission: March 15, 2022
- Biometrics: March 17, 2022
- Medical Updated to Passed: March 23, 2022
- Biometrics Updated to Completed: March 28, 2022
- Eligibility Review: Ongoing
- Background Check: Ongoing
BVL & PPR: June 19, 2022.

Documents:
Passport
Admission letter
Tuition Deposit
Sister's statement of Account
Sister's ID and Birth Certificate
Affidavit of Support
Letter of Sponsorship

Additional docs:
Statement of Purpose
Upfront Medical slip
Birth Certificate
WAEC Certificate
Degree Certificate
Transcript of Academic Records
IELTS test result
NYSC Discharge Certificate
Police Clearance Certificate
Letter of employment
Study Leave approval
Letter of Introduction from Office
ID card
Four months Pay slip
Other Certificates
Land property
Passport data page and Birth Certificate of Family Members

Special thanks to skull4eva for patiently answering all my questions. Boss I really disturb you. destinationcann thank you sir.
In all, read instructions, believe in yourself, then pray to God. I wish you all the best.

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by hayoBams: 8:48am On Jun 22, 2022
What program do u plan to go for?
Eyegroup:

Undergraduate. Please
.have try USA two times denied by the embassy without reason ..Now try to go for Canada no admission ...offer since march
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 8:52am On Jun 22, 2022
Olanrae:
Please

Which one is best to send my passport
Lagos or Abuja
Cos I’ve been hearing Lagos takes 6 weeks and all that

You can use UPS from Lagos and pay for fast track, got mine in a week

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teejay13(m): 8:55am On Jun 22, 2022
Hi gurus in the house. I need your input on this.

A friend of mine wishes to apply for a study visa in Canada or uk for an undergraduate program. He only has an O level result, plus he has a study gap of more than 5 years.

My questions are:
1. what is his chances of securing an admission in a college in Canada or uk with a study gap of more than 5 years?

2. Any idea on schools in UK or Canada he can likely apply to with an olevel result considering his age of about 32years?

Thank you as I await your kind responses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 8:59am On Jun 22, 2022
Mystiqme:

Still looking?
Yeah I am, got any?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 9:03am On Jun 22, 2022
Itsdone2022:
Its PPR!!!!! Jesus did it for my family....all Glory to God!!!!!!

Timeline

Upfront medicals for family: 5th of May
Application submitted: 2nd of June
Biometrics: 7th of June and updated same day
Medical Updated: 20th of June for me
PPR: 20th of June
Hubby: Study visa
Spouse: SOWP
Kids: study permit though they are American citizens

• All IMM forms
• POF documents
Scholarship letter
Evidence of acceptance fee payment
Sponsor’s coy account & documents (mother-in-law)
Sponsor’s personal account & mutual fund accts
Letter of sponsorship
Affidavit of support
Landed property for Sponsor
Applicant’s mutual fund acct
Spouse’s mutual fund acct
Letter of consent from spouse

• Client Info
SOP (4 pages)
Employment letter
ID card
Resume
Letter of introduction from company
4 months payslip
Pension account
Property valuation doc & Title document
MSc & BSc certificates
Professional certificates
NYSC certificate
Family pictures & many pictures with sponsor
Police clearance certificate
General IELTS

Few things to note:
****We used a conditional letter but wrote a letter stating that the ASUU strike was causing a delay in fulfilling the conditions of the letter****.
1. Sponsor transferred to my hubby’s account & he moved it to his mutual funds acct. We did a POF breakdown that showed the money we had was more than enough to cover the study duration.
2. For the kids LOA, hubby wrote a letter quoting the Canada immigration law that states the kids don’t need to have an admission offer before coming. Only their birth certificate was uploaded.
3. There was a table of content for every section.
4. Under my SOWP, I submitted the same SOP my husband used. Didn’t write a different one. I also added my own credentials and CV in my Client Info section.
5. A week after submission, we sent our salary bank statements & his study leave letter.
6. We have valid UK & US visas. Submitted all prior visas and stamped pages.
7. Most importantly, lots of prayers and praise.

A lot of questions were answered for me just by reading this thread. I pray that this inexplicable joy goes round in Jesus name!!!!!

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 9:04am On Jun 22, 2022
Lekiboboe:

Aside Kijiji, try Facebook Marketplace to look for Available apartments at Kamloops, BC. Note that you can only use Facebook Marketplace when you get to Canada

Thank you boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by nnegud3322: 9:09am On Jun 22, 2022
Oluwawande:
Please how do i link up with you to guide me thru this process

please how did you apply

Did they charge application fee.....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 9:11am On Jun 22, 2022
mrprolifik:

According to IRCC to switch schools after obtaining your Visa you must also inform Them. If you are still in Nigeria for example and have gotten your visa and want to switch schools before travelling to Canada, you must inform IRCC and that also means that you would have to submit a new application with a new letter of acceptance. But if you have already landed in Canada and collected your study permit and later decided to switch schools when you haven't resumed the school you used in getting your study permit you are still required to alert IRCC and you will also be required to leave Canada to apply for a new study permit from home because the one you are already having will be cancelled and rendered invalid . So your best option is to attend the old school for some weeks or a month or 2 then withdraw from the school . In this case you will also alert IRCC but you wont be required to leave Canada to get a new study permit. This is your best option if you don't want to reapply from outside Canada.

So changing institution after attending it for weeks is better, the tuition you paid for the first one can it refundable
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by oloyede1(m): 9:11am On Jun 22, 2022
I see Nigerians need a service for tuition payment
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Waskylala: 9:12am On Jun 22, 2022
Please how much is biometrics in Abuja?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Uzoamaka123: 9:18am On Jun 22, 2022
Is it new portal ?

Deronke1:

Wow, I asked this question and didn't get a response, but I sent a webform like that, few minutes after, it got updated, biometrics and medical passed. By God's grace o, I hope I get ppr soon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by nnegud3322: 9:20am On Jun 22, 2022
Oluwawande:
Hello house....been a silent follower for years. This community has been very educative and helpful. I got admission into Sheridan college and would love if i can find any other community member(s) i can journey with. I need clue as to how to proceed from here and get successful Visa approval. Thanks in advance for any assistance/advise

Please I sent my application for January intake...
How long did it take you to get your admission letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Uzoamaka123: 9:22am On Jun 22, 2022
Please go to your bank and tell them Friday is your deadline.

Don’t be calm at all, talk to the branch manager that you’ll loose your admission if it isn’t done.

I did same and they made the payment same day. It’s already reflecting on my student account.
Teenie19:
Hello everyone,

My sis submitted form A application at polaris. Bank and it was approved since May 16 but no debit. Please what banks are the best to use for a faster transaction? Thank you very much.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) ... (920)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.