Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,733 members, 7,831,335 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (709) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (920995 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrprolifik: 9:22am On Jun 22, 2022
Filanodivine:

So changing institution after attending it for weeks is better, the tuition you paid for the first one can it refundable

Every school has its own policy when it comes to refund . Secondly if you read well at the end, I said it is the best option for someone who doesn't want to return home to apply for a new study permit .
So if you look at it either ways if you decide to go back to your country to reapply or change school after attending the first school for weeks or months you would loose some money. So it's all up to you to make a decision that would be most favorable.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bobomaigida: 9:23am On Jun 22, 2022
OAT2:
This is interesting . Can student using empower as POF also travel with wife and kids to Canada? Can one apply for dependants visa so dependants can tag along

Dear OAT2,

Whilst the Mpower loan is dedicated to tuition payment, they also say they can include other payment the student has to make in the loan so long as the school is willing to accept the additional funds and subsequently disburse to the student. If the school does not accept any other payment apart from tuition then Mpower can not finance living expenses, so if the student is travelling with dependents then they will need to show additional POF that will cater for everyone 's living expenses.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ucystan(f): 9:23am On Jun 22, 2022
Please help o! I did my biometrics since last week Tuesday up till now my profile is still saying my biometrics is needed. Please what do I do? Does it mean my application won't be touched till that profile is updated? I am sooooooo worried.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 10:08am On Jun 22, 2022
Bobomaigida:

Dear OAT2,

Whilst the Mpower loan is dedicated to tuition payment, they also say they can include other payment the student has to make in the loan so long as the school is willing to accept the additional funds and subsequently disburse to the student. If the school does not accept any other payment apart from tuition then Mpower can not finance living expenses, so if the student is travelling with dependents then they will need to show additional POF that will cater for everyone 's living expenses.
At the bolded.
Any school partnering with Mpower will disburse your living expenses to you when you get there. That's part of the policies and agreement before a school can partner with Mpower. So there's nothing like accepting tuition only and regect the living expenses, unless the application's request loan amount is for tuition only.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by donbabe2000: 10:11am On Jun 22, 2022
are you going for fall or winter
am also going to niagara college toronto

Ableman101:

Ok Niagara college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by oluwasegun007(m): 10:23am On Jun 22, 2022
buchito1:
With faith, I am booking my PPR alert space

Fresh page, Fresh testimonies. Amen

What God cannot do does not and can never exist!!!

My PPR must drop before the end of next month! ✍️

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

AFTER 2DAYS of posting this grin grin grin grin

LONGGGGGG POST ALERT!!!

Guys I really do not know where to start from!
I'm short of words. God's just too good to fail.
I'm still in shock cause I can't really fathom why my application was this quick or why I was just favoured, but I give God all the glory! For he alone is to be praised!

I've been following this thread for about 4yrs now. Just observing with no plans to submit my application. Was just here for the information basically, and to read people's process (which I enjoyed doing) didn't even know I'd eventually apply.

Time came for me to apply, I was scared to the Bone! I was scared to doing it myself! My sponsor (brother) literally begged me to look for an Agent to handle my application, I was skeptical at first, but I succumbed cause I didn't want any issue or stories that touch.

I contacted an agent on this platform, he charged me 150K for admission and 250K for Visa. My sponsor agreed to pay for the first stage (admission). Las las I eventually paid 190K for only admission!!! Only school admission ohhh!!!

Then it was time for Visa Application, and I was told Visa Fee has increased to 300K. And I was like hell No!!! I no go school? Am I daft? No! I can do this shi# myself. 300K no be 300 naira.

That's how it began, took a leap of faith and decided to do and handle my Visa Process myself, and God blessed me with the GOLDEN Mail (PPR)! Guys please do this stuff yourself!
You can do it! Yes YOU! You can!
There's nobody else that cares about your application than you! You don't need any agents NAIRALAND is the real deal! NAIRALAND taught me everything I know and used to get my Approval.

I'm a FIRST TIME APPLICANT, my timeline goes thus, I used the NEW PORTAL,

Upfront Medicals - 22nd November 2021
Application Submitted - 29th November 2021
Biometrics Completed - 3rd December 2021 (updated same day)
Upfront Medicals Updated - 6th December 2021
Then the wait........................^_^
Eligibility Review Started - 25th January 2022
Then a good man, a blessing, friend turned brother, a brother from another mother, Teemenzo (God bless you for me brother, he has always been with me from the beginning of my application) adviced me to send a mail to Abuja which I did, I eventually, reluctantly sent to everybody (London, Nairobi, Lagos, Abuja) yesterday, 26th of January just to disturb then. Lo and behold, today,
Correspondence Letter and PPR letter - 27th January 2022
(Basically my application took 1 month and 28days)

DOCUMENTS Submitted (APPLICANT) -
SOP
International Passport
Receipt First Semester Tution Deposit (7900 CAD)

Letter Of Acceptance
Gift Deed (Notarized)
Screenshot of Gift Deed
My Bank Statement 7 months. (I formerly had 1.6M in my account , with extra 4M as Gift Deed making it 5.6M I had in my account as at time of submission.)
Transcript
BSC Certificate
Police Certificate
NYSC Certificate
Reference Letter from Bank
Affidavit of Return (Notarized)
Local Government Identification Letter
Parents and Siblings and My Birth Certificates
Reference Letter from my PPA during service
WAEC Result
Covid-19 Vaccination Card
Pictures of me and Sponsor. Pictures of me and Sponsor with my family. (Both new and old)
Upfront Medical Slip
Driver's Licence
NIN Slip

SPONSORSHIP DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED -
MBS Company Account (6 MONTHS)
CAC
Registration of Business Name
Certificate of Identification Number
Sponsorship Letter (Notarized)
Affidavit of Sponsorship (Notarized)
Reference Letter from Bank
Birth Certificate
NIN Slip
Driver's Licence
International Passport
Landed Property's, (Sponsor has like 5 Landed property. Submitted all and their Deed of conveyance
Business ID Card
Invoices, Tellers, Receipts, of Business.

In all, it's been God. God did it for me. And he'll do it for everyone here. Cause he knows why we're here and what we're looking for.
I'd also like to use this medium to appreciate Teemenzo and EyinjuGod. God bless you guys again for everything. You were with me from the start to the end. I'm rooting for you both. My prayers aren't complete yet, till y'all get your PPR's

I also want to appreciate Makano for the series of questions of mine he answered. God bless you boss. Ketima, thank you for always assisting and encouraging everyone. You actually encouraged me to do this myself and I appreciate, Scotisshh (dunno if I got the spelling correctly) your testimony dey come. Lianna aka Rela, thank you for your encouraging email replies.
I also want to thank you all, my fellow Nairalanders for the congratulatory messages and mentions.

If I decide to reply all mentions, I might fill up 5pages of this new thread. God bless you all. I'd also be here to congratulate y'all when your turn comes. All of us go enter this Canada! That's for sure! smiley

BTW, I'm for University Canada West, April intake.
Going for MBA Business Administration. I'm open to connecting with my fellow UCW students or anyone going to Vancouver by April.

Make i stop here. Story don too plenty! grin
Thank you again guys. God bless us all.!

Congratulations brother....I thank God for your life.

I started processing my application myself before all this agent milk me finish.

Is there a way i can contact you for guidance as i just got my admission letter

i would really appreciate it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Dzees: 10:27am On Jun 22, 2022
Good morning,

I submitted my application 10th of March,2022
Biometrics completed 15th of March 2022

Post graduate degree

No further updates but stumbled on this platform months after my application and realised had skipped out some documents especially the fact that my studygap is huge

I will be having my upfront medicals on 30th June. But can i add some other documents that can further help my application while raising a webform for the medicals
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Merciful96: 10:37am On Jun 22, 2022
Hello Mr Frank

I was denied study permit recently and intend to reapply, my GCMS note states that " taking the applicant plan to studies into account, the documents provided in support of applicant's financial situation does not demonstrate that the funds is sufficient or available. PA provided statement that are six months with a very low closing balance. Unable to access what current state of funds is. Investment doc on file that as matured but no indication it will be use for studies. I am not satisfied PA will have assess to sufficient funds to support studies.

Weighing the factors in this application, I am not satisfied applicant will depart Canada at the end of his program"

Though it's a self sponsored, gave documents I sold my asset to finance my studies. Show proof with gift deed form mother and I used #10million naira, investment let for the application stated that I sold my asset to acquire the money. However, the money was later withdrawn third week after eligibility.

Presently, I intend to use.. my aunt husband business account as a sponsor, where I presently work together with my dad cooperative account... I need ur opinion Mr Frank on what is expected of me to make it happen (study permit).

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Sulaimonsb(m): 10:45am On Jun 22, 2022
Let me chip in based on the advise I have gotten here. I applied a day after you using an immigration consultant too, I even started online class with the hope of getting the visa but nothing just as @showyoung said you can apply for your GCMS note urself or thru your consultant and also you can email the MP in the region your school is and also raise webform and send email. It shall in praise for us. Cheers
Funmilayoo:
Good day everyone. Please I need help, I applied for my student visa on February 10, 2022, and did biometrics on February 15, using an immigration consultant. Around May I asked for a screenshot of my profile page cos I don’t have access to my page, I noticed my background check and eligibility have started, and I did another upfront medical on June 10, 2022, cos the one I did last year has expired.
I have my application number and UCI number but I don’t have the password, can I order for my GCMS notes or raise a web form myself?
I had to defer from May to September, September is just 2 months away no ppr yet, I don't know what to do, I will appreciate any advice given. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by megastu(m): 11:06am On Jun 22, 2022
The case is a bit convoluted. Disposing assets to finance studies is towing towards an angle of permanent migration.

I suggest you dont apply with your aunt's husband. You should stick to your stated finances.
Apply for GCMS note to know the reasoning behind the rejection.
Merciful96:
Hello Mr Frank

I was denied study permit recently and intend to reapply, my GCMS note states that " taking the applicant plan to studies into account, the documents provided in support of applicant's financial situation does not demonstrate that the funds is sufficient or available. PA provided statement that are six months with a very low closing balance. Unable to access what current state of funds is. Investment doc on file that as matured but no indication it will be use for studies. I am not satisfied PA will have assess to sufficient funds to support studies.

Weighing the factors in this application, I am not satisfied applicant will depart Canada at the end of his program"

Though it's a self sponsored, gave documents I sold my asset to finance my studies. Show proof with gift deed form mother and I used #10million naira, investment let for the application stated that I sold my asset to acquire the money. However, the money was later withdrawn third week after eligibility.

Presently, I intend to use.. my aunt husband business account as a sponsor, where I presently work together with my dad cooperative account... I need ur opinion Mr Frank on what is expected of me to make it happen (study permit).

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ucystan(f): 11:11am On Jun 22, 2022
Lol.... did you even read what he wrote? The bolded is what his GCMS note said. Lol.

megastu:
The case is a bit convoluted. Disposing assets to finance studies is towing towards an angle of permanent migration.

I suggest you dont apply with your aunt's husband. You should stick to your stated finances.
Apply for GCMS note to know the reasoning behind the rejection.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Aissy: 11:19am On Jun 22, 2022
Good morning everyone
I want to carry milk but it comes in a container, can I put in a ziplock bag and label it milk?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 11:23am On Jun 22, 2022
Aissy:
Good morning everyone
I want to carry milk but it comes in a container, can I put in a ziplock bag and label it milk?

It is said that DAIRY PRODUCTS ain't allowed in Canada, if found it's gonna be trashed.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by BenedictStinson(m): 11:31am On Jun 22, 2022
Sulaimonsb:
Good morning, he no good oo una just dey dodge my question. There is God oo @lekiboboe @mrprolifik @makano
Shey we are still in June Abi, there is still time before August. If it doesn't come in August you can then defer, I'm not sure what other advice you are looking for
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 22, 2022
CharitoJames:

We applied on same day...it will end in praise

Sure, it will. �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by larryrichie: 11:40am On Jun 22, 2022
Good morning house, I have been debited for the Form A trade system by my bank. do any body know when i will get a receipt or mail or something showing that the payment have gotten the school ??

Any with an answer

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Iffylove: 11:41am On Jun 22, 2022
H
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teenie19(f): 11:43am On Jun 22, 2022
Thanks a lot. We will try that.

Uzoamaka123:
Please go to your bank and tell them Friday is your deadline.

Don’t be calm at all, talk to the branch manager that you’ll loose your admission if it isn’t done.

I did same and they made the payment same day. It’s already reflecting on my student account.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Rach90: 11:50am On Jun 22, 2022
U mean u want to go and shout as advised? LOL... The person was debited because there was fund and the manager either used his/her influence to facilitate the process or it was the applicant's turn. If the bank does not have available funds, nothing can be done. I'll advise u find out who processes from your branch and beg or show him your letter that says your deadline is friday. Maybe something can be done, that is if funds are available sha.
Teenie19:
Thanks a lot. We will try that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Rach90: 11:52am On Jun 22, 2022
U can go to the bank for a telex copy or u wait for your school to confirm. They will get the money either ways. No stress since u have been debited
larryrichie:
Good morning house, I have been debited for the Form A trade system by my bank. do any body know when i will get a receipt or mail or something showing that the payment have gotten the school ??

Any with an answer

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Mexzy88(m): 11:59am On Jun 22, 2022
Please how long does it take for passport to be stamped after sending. I did my bio at lagos but sent passport go to Abuja vac office on june 20 yet i have not gotten any updates. Should i be worried?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by JDB55(m): 12:17pm On Jun 22, 2022
mrprolifik:

No they are not the same.
With the work permit that comes with study permit , you are only allowed to work 20hrs per week when school is in session or unlimited hours during holidays. But with the co op permit you can work unlimited hours if that job is part of your study program.
You will be issued a co op work permit together with your study permit if when you applied for your study Visa you submitted a letter of acceptance showing that your program has a compulsory work placement as part of the curriculum to complete that program. But if you applied for a program that has an optional work placement and during the time of applying for the program you didnt select the option with a coop then you will be issued a study permit without co-op permit. If you decided later into the program that you still want to take part in the coop job placement while you are already in Canada, you can still apply for it separately and you would be issued as far as the program has an option for co-op.
The advantage of a coop program is that apart from gaining practical experience in your program of study, you can work unlimited hours with your coop permit at your place of job placement and also work extra 20hrs per week at another job with the work permit included with your study permit .
Thanks my bro for the insight, i really appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Fredisbavk: 12:22pm On Jun 22, 2022
Sorry for the late reply. To answer your questions:
1. Went to Alagbon Police Station in Ikoyi, Lagos.
2. Yeah I got it that same day. Within an hour.
3. Paid 10K (Had to grease palms)
4. Just a photocopy of my international passport and a passport photograph
afosoft:
Hello Fred

How and where did you get this police report? Did you get it same day. How much did you pay? What did you take along?

Thank you for your response in advance.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chimzy4real: 12:22pm On Jun 22, 2022
Please i would like to ask a question with regards mpower. After getting the loan, what’s the payback method and does it not have an effect when you eventually want to apply for pr. Would appreciate swift responses. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by JDB55(m): 12:22pm On Jun 22, 2022
ShowYoung:

Kindly provide your educational qualification and grade and discipline so as to recommend a school and course for you.
What would you recommend for somebody who studied Education Accountancy, but due to ASUU strike, been unable to get my transcript. Also, programs with co-op would be of great help if you can recommend any for me.
2yrs Masters in a Uni seems to be kinda outrageous.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by JDB55(m): 12:25pm On Jun 22, 2022
Toceen2022:
Good morning guys,

There's a news that has been flying around all social media platforms since yesterday.
Withdrawal of the Central Bank Form A discounted rate from Dec 31st, 2022
Please, who has heard about it and how true this could possibly be?
Yea, it's true. Nigeria has really failed us
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 12:34pm On Jun 22, 2022
JDB55:
What would you recommend for somebody who studied Education Accountancy, but due to ASUU strike, been unable to get my transcript. Also, programs with co-op would be of great help if you can recommend any for me.
2yrs Masters in a Uni seems to be kinda outrageous.

Get your transcript first so as to consider a post graduate study (PGD or Masters): without your undergraduate transcript and certificate, you will be seen as a secondary school cert holder.

Some colleges or universities may be able to give you a conditional offer of admission though.

You can go for Accounting, Business Administration, Management, Business Analytics or education related courses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 22, 2022
Faeyth:

Hi, please can I send you a message I’m currently applying to Durham and I don’t understand what they mean by secondary school diploma
That’s your waec or o’level result
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 22, 2022
ShowYoung:

You have been posting the same question, but you're not responding to the questions people are asking you.

If you answer, they may be able to recommend schools and programs for you.
Capebreton university
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by MediaLady: 12:50pm On Jun 22, 2022
Toceen2022:

At the bolded.
Any school partnering with Mpower will disburse your living expenses to you when you get there. That's part of the policies and agreement before a school can partner with Mpower. So there's nothing like accepting tuition only and regect the living expenses, unless the application's request loan amount is for tuition only.

Sir, I think @Bobomaigida is right. The MPower officer that handled my request told me that approved loans will be sent directly to my school... I think I read every other thing Bobomaigida said up there either on their website or in one of the documents they sent to me.

I also noticed that MPower gave me the exact amount of my 2 years tuition alone. I used other financial sources for my living expenses and that of my family. In my SOP, I stated that my MPower loan is solely for tuition and it will be disbursed directly to the school.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 12:54pm On Jun 22, 2022
AfolabiZamani:

Capebreton university

What kind of information do you want?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Tcrown2020(f): 1:09pm On Jun 22, 2022
legenduq:
God has done it.
It’s PPR!

First time applicant. (New portal)

Timeline
- Upfront Medical: March 10, 2022
- Submission: March 15, 2022
- Biometrics: March 17, 2022
- Medical Updated to Passed: March 23, 2022
- Biometrics Updated to Completed: March 28, 2022
- Eligibility Review: Ongoing
- Background Check: Ongoing
BVL & PPR: June 19, 2022.

Documents:
Passport
Admission letter
Tuition Deposit
Sister's statement of Account
Sister's ID and Birth Certificate
Affidavit of Support
Letter of Sponsorship

Additional docs:
Statement of Purpose
Upfront Medical slip
Birth Certificate
WAEC Certificate
Degree Certificate
Transcript of Academic Records
IELTS test result
NYSC Discharge Certificate
Police Clearance Certificate
Letter of employment
Study Leave approval
Letter of Introduction from Office
ID card
Four months Pay slip
Other Certificates
Land property
Passport data page and Birth Certificate of Family Members

Special thanks to skull4eva for patiently answering all my questions. Boss I really disturb you. destinationcann thank you sir.
In all, read instructions, believe in yourself, then pray to God. I wish you all the best.

Congratulations o. ! I'm next in line to testify in Jesus name.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) ... (920)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.