Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,556 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (718) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (911971 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (715) (716) (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 11:20pm On Jun 23, 2022
Toceen2022:

Okay thanks, that mrs Ebere Omeji right
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 11:21pm On Jun 23, 2022
But this police certificate is it really necessary? Cus I didn’t submit it in my application but still got approved.
Any need for it maybe in Canada or
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jenny255: 11:24pm On Jun 23, 2022
Through the school website, but they put up a notice that they are currently undergoing a cyber security maintenance, so maybe you can try anytime next week.

omofela85:
please jenny how did you apply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Yemlizzy(f): 11:31pm On Jun 23, 2022
bisolaemilia:
Hi Guys,

This may be unrelated but might be helpful to someone. if you are a lady coming to the University of Manitoba in the fall semester and you are looking to rent a place. Please let me know, I stay quite close to school. I have been in Manitoba since January 2021 but I am currently looking for a female roommate.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need any help.

Thank you.
Hi Bisola, good to see someone like you here. I have an admission into UM for fall semester. I’m praying for success on my visa application. How can I reach out to you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by greeners222(m): 11:37pm On Jun 23, 2022
Please house can I just visit Ikate. Drop my passport. Pay for DHL and let them return it to me. Hope am going to the right place. I did my bio at ikate lekki..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by bioladebs93: 11:38pm On Jun 23, 2022
wink
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Pandasofire(m): 12:14am On Jun 24, 2022
Please what's Ur reviews of Turkish Airline and Air France
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jenny255: 12:43am On Jun 24, 2022
smiley
larryrichie:
@Jenny255 Thanks it work it has been approved i really appreciate your help

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 12:44am On Jun 24, 2022
bioladebs93:
Hi gurus I’m looking at applying for university of Manitoba as they have liase with mpower but on trying to make enquiries i saw programs from 0.5 months to 2years meanwhile a bachelor degree is 4 years.Please can anyone who as used them successfully kindly enlighten thanks and God bless
you can’t apply till you are 2 years away from graduating ( that’s for bachelors students )
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Enitan1998: 1:00am On Jun 24, 2022
Hello everyone, please I’m willing to apply for an undergraduate in any college in Canada for 2023 program , I have up to 3m only in my account and my cousin will be the one to help me with the POF, am I good to go and can I start applying now

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 1:17am On Jun 24, 2022
7COLOURS:

Yes, I experienced same when I sent email to them two days back.

I don't think they blocked you, maybe server or problem with the address.

I’ve been getting same response for the past 1 month... how long would server remain down?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 1:19am On Jun 24, 2022
CharitoJames:

I’ve been getting same response for the past 1 month... how long would server remain down?
Re-construct the mail and resend it should go through
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 1:24am On Jun 24, 2022
Toodirty:

With same email address? Because I’ve re-constructed but i will try again. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 1:28am On Jun 24, 2022
CharitoJames:

With same email address? Because I’ve re-constructed but i will try again. Thanks
yes yes But this time try sending to one at a time not copying all the mails at once.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by gem123: 1:59am On Jun 24, 2022
Thank you very much for this encouragement.. I will work on achieving a quality statement of purpose
MaameU:
Based on my personal experience, it won't affect your application as long as you do the right things to convince the visa officer. Your LOE will be your main tool in convincing the visa officer. Let me share my experience (or rather my husband's).
This year, my husband wanted to go for a graduate certificate programme and was worried that because he already had a Masters and his job as well as education was unrelated to his chosen certificate programme, he will not be able to show career progression which will result in a visa refusal. He is a chartered accountant with masters in finance and decided to go for a graduate certificate in data analytics (This was his heart desire. He didn't want to do any other programme). I did extensive research on his behalf here on nairaland and wrote his LOE for him (all LOE guidance can be found here as well just that it is scattered all over. grin). He got his visa last Friday after exactly 70 days of submitting his application. All I did in that LOE was to show that his studies will add value to his professional life. Nairaland has a wealth of information for everyone's situation if only you will search for it. Though there are also discouraging posts here, concentrate on those that will allow you to achieve your objective. Above all pray for God's favor and never give up. Infact, in your case too, a graduate certificate in supply chain mgt will add value to your professional life. Keep that in mind.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 2:00am On Jun 24, 2022
Toodirty:

Yes!! They went through... thanks a lot, I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 2:01am On Jun 24, 2022
Toodirty:
yes yes But this time try sending to one at a time not copying all the mails at once.

Yes, i sent to one at a time and they all got delivered... all 14 addresses got delivered. Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 3:36am On Jun 24, 2022
iamblessed17:
Hello house
Please advise me on airlines I can use to travel without needing a transit visa to Winnipeg , Canada
Thank you
Just make sure you look at the route before booking. Avoid any airline with transit in US or double layover in Europe.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 3:37am On Jun 24, 2022
Filanodivine:

Okay thanks, that mrs Ebere Omeji right
I don't know her name o... But she's been doing it for a lot of people here!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 3:45am On Jun 24, 2022
Filanodivine:
But this police certificate is it really necessary? Cus I didn’t submit it in my application but still got approved.
Any need for it maybe in Canada or
It's not compulsory for study permit, but could make your background check smoother especially for a first time applicant.

In Canada, it's compulsory for some students in certain courses to show they have clean police record, even domestic students too must submit it. For me I did, and I'll still need a valid one before starting my program in September. It's mandatory for any program or course that requires you to work with minors in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by superdoll: 3:55am On Jun 24, 2022
Gurus in the house, please I need some help with family visa application. I am applying as a group and I found out that while filling up information for my kids it’s asking me for my Parent UCI number. I haven’t even submitted my application because I am applying as a group for the whole family. What do I put in that column. Or is there something I am not getting right. Meanwhile I chose open student permit for the kids.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by hillary4003: 4:12am On Jun 24, 2022
If it's your VERY first application to canada you do not have a UCI leave it blank you'll get one after submission
superdoll:
Gurus in the house, please I need some help with family visa application. I am applying as a group and I found out that while filling up information for my kids it’s asking me for my Parent UCI number. I haven’t even submitted my application because I am applying as a group for the whole family. What do I put in that column. Or is there something I am not getting right. Meanwhile I chose open student permit for the kids.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by superdoll: 4:13am On Jun 24, 2022
Please I need more help. For my kids applications still (group application). Do I select yes for representative information and put my details there. Also the question about how much money do you have for stay in canada. Should I also put the total amount of money in my account that I put in my own application for all my kids or am I supposed to split it up. Thank you guys.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by superdoll: 4:14am On Jun 24, 2022
hillary4003:
If it's your VERY first application to canada you do not have a UCI leave it blank you'll get one after submission

Thanks for responding. It’s a compulsory field to fill. That why I got confused.
Or is it possible that I chose a wrong option for the open work study eligibility. I will appreciate help anyone that has done this before. Thanks you!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 4:49am On Jun 24, 2022
Enitan1998:
Hello everyone, please I’m willing to apply for an undergraduate in any college in Canada for 2023 program , I have up to 3m only in my account and my cousin will be the one to help me with the POF, am I good to go and can I start applying now
Yes, you're good to go. You should look for admission first.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by obaalasepe: 5:24am On Jun 24, 2022
Try Wema bank or mail wema@modeducation.info and make enquiry from them.
Note you will need a guarantor
thaiwo1234:
Hello
Pls where can I get a loan to study in Canada apart from mpower ,I already have admission to Georgian College..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Rach90: 5:58am On Jun 24, 2022
Let the voice of favour speak into the ears of our visa officer in Jesus name. Where ever our names appear, favour will speak. I believe it is done

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Funmilayoo: 6:30am On Jun 24, 2022
Amen. All February applicant will get their visa before the end of this month in Jesus name.

Rach90:
Let the voice of favour speak into the ears of our visa officer in Jesus name. Where ever our names appear, favour will speak. I believe it is done

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by gaeul(f): 6:51am On Jun 24, 2022
Hi Everyone, Trust you all are good...it's been 3 weeks here in Canada, resuming September 2022 and I have some tips to share;

1. If you don't have excess cash to spend, or a family member to chill with or a special reason(like in my case) no need rushing here cos Canada is expensive lol.. One million naira can fly in 3 weeks and you know you can't work till September or your start date ...

2. Tecno/Infinix/ China phones don't work with their sim here

3. Everything here is expensive, so while packing foodstuffs, if u can add Duvet cover, bedspread and pillow case cos to get good bedding is like $100+

4. Unlike UK that room and houses are fully furnished, most houses/rooms are not furnished here...You sort your room/house yourself smiley

5. Seasonings are annoyingly expensive, so bring like 2-5packets of Knoun maggi or your preferred choice. So instead of packing rice, u can add 5 packets of knoun and if u wanna compare here, e fit reach $500 and am not joking cos u can see 5cubes worth for $2.99

6. Universal charger is very expensive here, so if u google Canada universal charger and see in Nigeria, even better cos one here plus tax is almost $50 at New Brunswick...all shop same price like say nau meeting lol

7. There is Sales tax o, lots of shock here cos I lived in UK before lol... It differs but mine here is 15%...Example: if u buy a shoe for $100, when u get to checkout, you pay $115...so prepare ur mind lol

8. Most of their indigenes are warm though

Some people might already know all these but some might not, just felt it wise to share but don't fret; Canada is a beautiful and warm place, regardless of the culture or finance shock, you will adjust pretty soon... To those planning their trip; safe journey...to those expecting PPR, All the best...

NB: Added picture of Universal charger..

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Princeofabia: 7:04am On Jun 24, 2022
Thank you for this
gaeul:
Hi Everyone, Trust you all are good...it's been 3 weeks here in Canada, resuming September 2022 and I have some tips to share;

1. If you don't have excess cash to spend, or a family member to chill with or a special reason(like in my case) no need rushing here cos Canada is expensive lol.. One million naira can fly in 3 weeks and you know you can't work till September or your start date ...

2. Tecno/Infinix/ China phones don't work with their sim here

3. Everything here is expensive, so while packing foodstuffs, if u can add Duvet cover, bedspread and pillow case cos to get good bedding is like $100+

4. Unlike UK that room and houses are fully furnished, most houses/rooms are not furnished here...You sort your room/house yourself smiley

5. Seasonings are annoyingly expensive, so bring like 2-5packets of Knoun maggi or your preferred choice. So instead of packing rice, u can add 5 packets of knoun and if u wanna compare here, e fit reach $500 and am not joking cos u can see 5cubes worth for $2.99

6. Universal charger is very expensive here, so if u google Canada universal charger and see in Nigeria, even better cos one here plus tax is almost $50 at New Brunswick...all shop same price like say nau meeting lol

7. There is Sales tax o, lots of shock here cos I lived in UK before lol... It differs but mine here is 15%...Example: if u buy a shoe for $100, when u get to checkout, you pay $115...so prepare ur mind lol

8. Most of their indigenes are warm though

Some people might already know all these but some might not, just felt it wise to share but don't fret; Canada is a beautiful and warm place, regardless of the culture or finance shock, you will adjust pretty soon... To those planning their trip; safe journey...to those expecting PPR, All the best...

NB: Added picture of Universal charger..

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by thaiwo1234: 7:06am On Jun 24, 2022
Good morning

Please where can I get a study loan apart from Mpower ? Cause Mpower doesn’t give to my school

(1) (2) (3) ... (715) (716) (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) ... (920)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

Viewing this topic: onyekachee(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.