Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (832) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (906586 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Markab: 12:18am On Jul 15, 2022
Good day to you all, I helped my sister with her SV application and she got a medical request June 21. She had her medical done upfront before the request came in and we just had to upload the e-medical forms through the IRCC web form on the same day the request came in and also sent emails to the Nairobi office attaching the same document. It’s been over 3 weeks now and the profile is still showing “medical required”. Is there anyone currently in the same situation? Can you please advise if this is normal to there is better way to have this sorted out?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by bullstriker: 1:37am On Jul 15, 2022
You have done what you need to do. Give them a little more time to update it. You can also use the new web form
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/clientcontact/en/application
Markab:
Good day to you all, I helped my sister with her SV application and she got a medical request June 21. She had her medical done upfront before the request came in and we just had to upload the e-medical forms through the IRCC web form on the same day the request came in and also sent emails to the Nairobi office attaching the same document. It’s been over 3 weeks now and the profile is still showing “medical required”. Is there anyone currently in the same situation? Can you please advise if this is normal to there is better way to have this sorted out?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by bullstriker: 1:49am On Jul 15, 2022
Most post graduate programs require a background in Nursing. Few schools will offer such a program if it is possible.
Evergreen694:
Greetings gurus in the house.

Pls I want to inquire, please is it possible for someone who studied Anesthesia as an undergraduate program to switch to Nursing in a post graduate program?

Gurus, Pls I need urgent assistance ( I'm asking on behalf of someone).
Thank you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Johnames: 2:20am On Jul 15, 2022
Uddeze1:
i failed to secure a supervisor first before applying (pgd biomedical engr)
you can try again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by msngoozzy: 2:55am On Jul 15, 2022
Hi everyone, I am new here...
I have some questions regarding the study visa application:

1. Is the Police certificate impotant for the visa application and how much does it cost and where can it be done?
2. My sister is going to be my sponsor, she is a salary earner, does she need to explain large deposit of funds that she deposited into her account while trying to build her balance?

I would appreciate all your responses pls

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ManLikeMace: 3:19am On Jul 15, 2022
Hey guys, It's been a minute since I came on here. I thought about Nairaland and how I was always here when I started this travel journey in 2013. It took me eight years to eventually get my study permit, and I would say it was worth the wait. This is to encourage anybody thinking about giving up; please don't. I understand how frustrating it was to wait year after year and one rejection after the other.

If you are waiting on your study permit decision, please look for a skill to learn. When you get here, it is essential you have something you can do to earn some money on the side apart from the 20hrs a week you are allowed to work. Many students here do cash jobs to make money on the side.

Let me clear something up real quick; Canada is the land of milk and honey but trust me, you have to work like a mad man to get to that point where you'd enjoy it. School here isn't as hard as in Nigeria, but the workload is crazy. If your course is online, it is easier, but when you have to be physically present in school, it takes a toll on you. Make friends in school and meet as many people as possible; do not be an island when you get here. The difference between passing and failing a course can be friends willing to assist you with assignments and have study sessions with you.

Nigeria is hard, and Canada is way better in many ways, but that does not mean it is easy here. If you notice, many people here on Nairaland disappear after they travel, and I can tell you that it is primarily because of the new challenges you face here. Rent is monthly, so before you blink, it is time to pay the next; the semesters go by so fast that you have your next semester's tuition to pay in no time. Assignments are back to back, tests are every other week, and you still have to do your 20hr a week job plus the cash jobs.

I am not writing this to discourage anybody, I love Canada, and it's a beautiful place to live, work and build a family. I want you to understand that while you are leaving one set of problems behind, and rightfully so, this one is waiting for you here, too, lol.

Anyway, do not give up on your dream; Canada is more beautiful than you can imagine. It is so peaceful, and everything works. I pray that everybody reading this gets to experience their dream of moving here.

I don't know much about the immigration process, but if you have any questions about living in Canada, Thunder Bay, or how it feels like studying at Confederation College, please feel free to ask me here or shoot me an email.

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by sinorte: 4:07am On Jul 15, 2022
Lord please remember me today. I receive my PPR with faith. Let all PPR hopefuls have cause to rejoice. And our testimonies shall be full in Jesus name...Amen.

26 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by hoodboy(m): 4:09am On Jul 15, 2022
Ekulu77:
IT’S PPR
IT ENDED IN PRAISE
over 9months of waiting
GOD DID IT
MAY 15TH 2021 applicant
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
‭‭Jeremiah 29:11
I’m coming back to give timeline

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Glowingx: 4:11am On Jul 15, 2022
So true,
Hope you are enjoying the superior North. funny I miss Thunder Bay.

ManLikeMace:
Hey guys, It's been a minute since I came on here. I thought about Nairaland and how I was always here when I started this travel journey in 2013. It took me eight years to eventually get my study permit, and I would say it was worth the wait. This is to encourage anybody thinking about giving up; please don't. I understand how frustrating it was to wait year after year and one rejection after the other.

If you are waiting on your study permit decision, please look for a skill to learn. When you get here, it is essential you have something you can do to earn some money on the side apart from the 20hrs a week you are allowed to work. Many students here do cash jobs to make money on the side.

Let me clear something up real quick; Canada is the land of milk and honey but trust me, you have to work like a mad man to get to that point where you'd enjoy it. School here isn't as hard as in Nigeria, but the workload is crazy. If your course is online, it is easier, but when you have to be physically present in school, it takes a toll on you. Make friends in school and meet as many people as possible; do not be an island when you get here. The difference between passing and failing a course can be friends willing to assist you with assignments and have study sessions with you.

Nigeria is hard, and Canada is way better in many ways, but that does not mean it is easy here. If you notice, many people here on Nairaland disappear after they travel, and I can tell you that it is primarily because of the new challenges you face here. Rent is monthly, so before you blink, it is time to pay the next; the semesters go by so fast that you have your next semester's tuition to pay in no time. Assignments are back to back, tests are every other week, and you still have to do your 20hr a week job plus the cash jobs.

I am not writing this to discourage anybody, I love Canada, and it's a beautiful place to live, work and build a family. I want you to understand that while you are leaving one set of problems behind, and rightfully so, this one is waiting for you here, too, lol.

Anyway, do not give up on your dream; Canada is more beautiful than you can imagine. It is so peaceful, and everything works. I pray that everybody reading this gets to experience their dream of moving here.

I don't know much about the immigration process, but if you have any questions about living in Canada, Thunder Bay, or how it feels like studying at Confederation College, please feel free to ask me here or shoot me an email.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Emmasonic4me: 5:16am On Jul 15, 2022
francisxbee:
Failure to declare past refusal leads to 10 year Ban

Haaaa!!! Did you say 10 years?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Emmasonic4me: 5:19am On Jul 15, 2022
realmummy:
Good day,

How do I get IRCC NO to book Biometric please?

Regards,
I noticed VFS have stopped allowing people to book biometrics appointment without first having the biometrics instruction letter from IRCC.

The only way to book the biometrics is to actually submit your Visa application and get the biometrics instruction letter 24 to 48 hours after submission. The IRCC no. will be right at the lower part of the letter.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Emmasonic4me: 5:23am On Jul 15, 2022
bullstriker:
YYou don't need IRCC phone number to book biometrics. Use the link below to book it.
https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/book-an-appointment
She doesn't mean IRCC phone number.

IRCC no. is now a compulsory field to fill while booking for biometrics with VFS. You get it from the biometrics instruction letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 2pretty4u(f): 5:32am On Jul 15, 2022
sinorte:
Lord please remember me today. I receive my PPR with faith. Let all PPR hopefuls have cause to rejoice. And our testimonies shall be full in Jesus name...Amen.

Amen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Donhem(f): 5:53am On Jul 15, 2022
bullstriker:
Hi guys, how can someone get an affordable flight to Canada this July or August? Please let me know if you have a good deal.

Go to Wakanow.com and check, you can also call them to book for you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Deronke1: 6:00am On Jul 15, 2022
Hi Fam, I applied through the new portal since June 10th and no update yet.

I'm thinking of applying again through Gckey, hope no problem with that? Maybe they'll respond to the Gckey

Or should I re-do my upfront medicals maybe they'll remember my application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 6:10am On Jul 15, 2022
Deronke1:
Hi Fam, I applied through the new portal since June 10th and no update yet.

I'm thinking of applying again through Gckey, hope no problem with that? Maybe they'll respond to the Gckey

Or should I re-do my upfront medicals maybe they'll remember my application
No, don't try it. You can't have same application running concurrently, unless you withdraw before having the other. The fact is, It's not about New Portal or GC Key that determine how fast you'll receive a final decision.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Kolajero: 6:21am On Jul 15, 2022
ManLikeMace:

Thanks so much for this insight. But I have a question.

For the 20hrs work permit, what is minimum wage per hour do employers pay?

I need answer to do some important calculations. Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Kolajero: 6:23am On Jul 15, 2022
olasubomy:

There is a particular section in your form where they would ask if you have been denied before. Click yes, explain in detail why you were denied (Indicate that it was at the US consulate) and conclude with how your situation has changed and what you have done differently in terms of your finances and the plan towards financing your studies and living expenses.

Refer the officer to check full details and explanation in your statement of purpose. You are good to go once they can sense transparency and truthfulness in your application.

All the best!

Thanks so much. But can I decide not disclose the refusals. Will they detect if I do so?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Deronke1: 6:38am On Jul 15, 2022
Toceen2022:

No, don't try it. You can't have same application running concurrently, unless you withdraw before having the other. The fact is, It's not about New Portal or GC Key that determine how fast you'll receive a final decision.

How about medicals? Should I re-do it maybe they'll remember my application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Kolajero: 7:07am On Jul 15, 2022
Please, I gave birth to my baby more than one year before my marriage to my husband who is also her farther.

So, the date on her birth certificate is more than one year earlier than our date of marriage recorded at the marriage registry.

Please, how do treat this in our family application?

Is it not a red flag that my child is older than my marriage?

Kindly share your experience with me on this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 7:14am On Jul 15, 2022
Deronke1:

How about medicals? Should I re-do it maybe they'll remember my application?

If the one you have has not expired, you don't need to do another medical. Just keep sending it through webform and mails to Lagos, Abuja and Nairobi.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Elolam87(m): 7:15am On Jul 15, 2022
Good day to you all, please i am looking towards applying for Msc program in Canadian schools, but a travel agent told me that securing admission and visa to Canada university is more difficult than UK universities,and involve some other processes.The essence of going through this study route is to migrate with a family of 4. Can someone pls shed some light on this, suggest some schools or website link to read through.I don't want to waste the little funds I have with me. I don't want to make a wrong decision,pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 7:19am On Jul 15, 2022
Kolajero:
Please, I gave birth to my baby more than one year before my marriage to my husband who is also her farther.

So, the date on her birth certificate is more than one year earlier than our date of marriage recorded at the marriage registry.

That's not a problem at all. So far you have your child's birth certificate and your marriage certificate there's nothing like red flag in it. Just explain in your SOP that you had your baby before legally getting married... In fact, they acknowledged common law partners or cohabitation contracts as well, so that of yours is not a red flag.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Isyma(m): 7:22am On Jul 15, 2022
Kolajero:

One can have a child as girl friend, nothing wrong with that since it happened already, just explain it. But other ppl don't do it to save yourself stress, marry before having kids.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 7:33am On Jul 15, 2022
miimssss:
Hello NL’s

Please how does one respond to a PFL. I mean is it via email or webform ??

Urgent please !!!

Thank you

When you read the letter you see how you will respond. You do it in your Gckey or portal... they open a place for you to upload it. Click on your submitted documents and scroll down, you will see where they created for you to upload it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 7:33am On Jul 15, 2022
TOSM:
Hi guys, is there anyone here in Kamloops, BC already or moving to Kamloops soon? I would like to make enquiry concerning accommodation in Kamloops. Thanks

Hello, are you in the Thompson rivers group? Cus you’ll meet people looking for roommates or accommodation just like you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 7:35am On Jul 15, 2022
TOSM:

Hi, were you able to get a room in Kamloops?

I have accommodation options though I haven’t secured one yet till August
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 7:44am On Jul 15, 2022
Kolajero:

It’s not red flag... there are single mothers traveling with their kids without marriage... no one will ask them to get married. It’s not rock science that kids can come before marriage. Upload birth certificate and don’t explain anything... it’s self explanatory that’s why they have common law partners

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by realmummy(f): 8:15am On Jul 15, 2022
bullstriker:
YYou don't need IRCC phone number to book biometrics. Use the link below to book it.
https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/book-an-appointment

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by realmummy(f): 8:18am On Jul 15, 2022
thank you so much i have booked my appointment

Emmasonic4me:

I noticed VFS have stopped allowing people to book biometrics appointment without first having the biometrics instruction letter from IRCC.

The only way to book the biometrics is to actually submit your Visa application and get the biometrics instruction letter 24 to 48 hours after submission. The IRCC no. will be right at the lower part of the letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by hayoBams: 8:24am On Jul 15, 2022
First bank, and it took five weeks.
Ghazali34:
Please which bank and how long did it take?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by hayoBams: 8:26am On Jul 15, 2022
It took 5 weeks.
I don't know if I was lucky, but I didn't get any charge.
JosephOoooo:

Hi please how long those it take for your bank to debit you because I was only debited 5k charges and I’m waiting for the school fees debit,I initiate the fees jun21

(1) (2) (3) ... (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.