Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,248 members, 7,815,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (833) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (906570 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) (836) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Uddeze1(m): 8:32am On Jul 15, 2022
Johnames:
you can try again
by paying another application fee of 120$? I no wan waste money.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Johnames: 8:37am On Jul 15, 2022
Uddeze1:
by paying another application fee of 120$? I no wan waste money.
bro is too early to give up, just correct your mistakes, then try again

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Juonx: 8:40am On Jul 15, 2022
Wow...since January. It will come soon by his grace. I had to book upfront Medicals and my earliest date is 1st week in August. I'm still hopeful...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chubbyface: 8:45am On Jul 15, 2022
Hi guys, plz I want to understand something. When submitting your passport for you and ur family, do we sign different consent form or just one is fine? I have also paid for the transmission fees of 9410 for each of us, we stay in Abuja but did biometrics in Lagos. Is it that I must use DHL or I can just submit to their address since we stay close?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by amila20042001: 9:27am On Jul 15, 2022
could you please mention the skills you would advice one to learn.
Thanks
ManLikeMace:
Hey guys, It's been a minute since I came on here. I thought about Nairaland and how I was always here when I started this travel journey in 2013. It took me eight years to eventually get my study permit, and I would say it was worth the wait. This is to encourage anybody thinking about giving up; please don't. I understand how frustrating it was to wait year after year and one rejection after the other.

If you are waiting on your study permit decision, please look for a skill to learn. When you get here, it is essential you have something you can do to earn some money on the side apart from the 20hrs a week you are allowed to work. Many students here do cash jobs to make money on the side.

Let me clear something up real quick; Canada is the land of milk and honey but trust me, you have to work like a mad man to get to that point where you'd enjoy it. School here isn't as hard as in Nigeria, but the workload is crazy. If your course is online, it is easier, but when you have to be physically present in school, it takes a toll on you. Make friends in school and meet as many people as possible; do not be an island when you get here. The difference between passing and failing a course can be friends willing to assist you with assignments and have study sessions with you.

Nigeria is hard, and Canada is way better in many ways, but that does not mean it is easy here. If you notice, many people here on Nairaland disappear after they travel, and I can tell you that it is primarily because of the new challenges you face here. Rent is monthly, so before you blink, it is time to pay the next; the semesters go by so fast that you have your next semester's tuition to pay in no time. Assignments are back to back, tests are every other week, and you still have to do your 20hr a week job plus the cash jobs.

I am not writing this to discourage anybody, I love Canada, and it's a beautiful place to live, work and build a family. I want you to understand that while you are leaving one set of problems behind, and rightfully so, this one is waiting for you here, too, lol.

Anyway, do not give up on your dream; Canada is more beautiful than you can imagine. It is so peaceful, and everything works. I pray that everybody reading this gets to experience their dream of moving here.

I don't know much about the immigration process, but if you have any questions about living in Canada, Thunder Bay, or how it feels like studying at Confederation College, please feel free to ask me here or shoot me an email.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by dobianyi: 9:38am On Jul 15, 2022
Have you done biometrics? Has it been updated to completed? If yes, I think you just have to exercise some patience.
Toceen2022:

No, don't try it. You can't have same application running concurrently, unless you withdraw before having the other. The fact is, It's not about New Portal or GC Key that determine how fast you'll receive a final decision.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by daezy22: 9:41am On Jul 15, 2022
Pls how much did both of your hand luggages weigh?

ManLikeMace:
Trip update.

Time to board right? and the head of the cabin crew is talking about how I cannot checking both my hand Luggages. He was really rude about it but I stood my ground and he eventually let me in. About 1hr into the flight he came to apologize to me talking about how sorry he was and how stressed they were. Anyway I no gree chop their food for the flight as a be local man. Make I no go purge for Paris. I also got Wi-Fi on the plane so I can check my emails and reply messages. We’d be landing in about 30mins or so. I’ll update y’all on what happens in Paris.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by wasd4luv(m): 9:46am On Jul 15, 2022
Thank you Wizzy.

Good Morning
Wizzyfc:
Yes go ahead with the application, they will ask you to update your passport when a decision has been made and if they do not, simply submit both passport once you receive your PPR.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 9:49am On Jul 15, 2022
dobianyi:
Have you done biometrics? Has it been updated to completed? If yes, I think you just have to exercise some patience.
You quoted the wrong person.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Evergreen694: 9:53am On Jul 15, 2022
Thank you for your assistance. Please do you have any idea of schools that could offer that?

I would greatly appreciate the assistance, thank you.
bullstriker:
Most post graduate programs require a background in Nursing. Few schools will offer such a program if it is possible.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Wealthh: 9:56am On Jul 15, 2022
Pls I’m asking on behalf of a friend,can he withdraw his application after 9months of waiting for decisions to start another one?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by princ3ssa: 10:07am On Jul 15, 2022
If you are ready to submit your application and you intend to use the flutterwave barter platform, please try sorting out on or before Sunday, 17th of July, 2022

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by daezy22: 10:13am On Jul 15, 2022
Please who knows if Mastercard dollar card works with IRCC payment platform?

princ3ssa:
If you are ready to submit your application and you intend to use the flutterwave barter platform, please try sorting out on or before Sunday, 17th of July, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ZINIE07: 10:14am On Jul 15, 2022
One year now my application is still pending approval.
Everything they have asked for i have provided
Proof of accomodation
Part school fees
Ielts result
Updated passport i have provided yet no sign of approval from ircc.
I am always following they keep still processing
Pls guys what else can I do . Am already tired and frustrated with the long wait
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ojb555666: 10:18am On Jul 15, 2022
robertito7:

I actually paid 150cad for study permit application fee, I think that is the price without biometric, just send like 110 or 115 us dollars to your barter dollar card
You didn't pay it together with Biometrics fees ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ojb555666: 10:21am On Jul 15, 2022
robertito7:

I actually paid 150cad for study permit application fee, I think that is the price without biometric, just send like 110 or 115 us dollars to your barter dollar card
are we paying for application fees separately from biometrics?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ojb555666: 10:24am On Jul 15, 2022
Can anybody help me with Biometrics appointment booking link please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 160485(f): 10:26am On Jul 15, 2022
God did it
Grace Grace Grace, this is my story.
God answers prayers.

Ppr alert

My time line

My timeline
Applied : 2nd of May 2022
Biometrics : 12 of May 2022
Medical request : 10th of June
Medicals updated to pass : 1st of July
Bvl and ppr: 15th of July

My mistake
I did upfront medicals on 26th of May. I did not upload or send my medical information sheet until I got the request. I just felt it will be updated. Unfortunately, IOM didn't send my medicals till 6th of June.

My advice always send your medical information sheet immediately you do your medicals to save time.

Documents submitted

When I get home, I don't have my personal laptop here.

45 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kiari: 10:26am On Jul 15, 2022
Omorocky:
House please I would appreciate your inputs, The woman that helped me applied for admission is insisting I should not buy air ticket myself that I should tell the Agent that packaged the application to buy the ticket for me, I have sent my passport to Visa office for stamping waiting for return. But I don't understand their reasons for not wanting me buy ticket myself. Since I can get better deal on wakanow. I'm confused for their reasons. Ticket is getting more expensive every day. She told me the Agent knows how to package me better. I need advice please. Cuz I get better deal myself.

Please ignore and book your ticket. which one is Agent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Frankrobbn1: 10:32am On Jul 15, 2022
Chiziteremary:
Good morning all.

Thanks to all who congratulated me. I would like to share my timeline and what i did differently in my 2nd application because i believe this will help someone.

1st Application was submitted 1st Dec 2021
Refusal was recvd 25/2/2022

From my gcm notes i discovered what i did wrong was the fact that i used my brother as additional sponsor. Even though i am self sponsor but i decided to add my brothers account for additional comfort which wasnt necessary after all. I already paid 16kcad for 1st year fees and had sufficient funds to take care of the 2nd year fees and my upkeep in my personal account. The VO's concern with my brothers account was that his payslips werent included and there were lumpsums in his account. Well for some reason my broda didnt want to give me statement of his salary account. He only gave me statement of a join account with his wife where he saves money ( he lives in the USA)

What i did differently

I never wanted to use an agent because of the cost implication and because i believed i could do it myself but i was led by the Holy spirit to use @Frankrobbin. So i decided to go ahead with him, the guy is quite professional i must say though he is so busy that you need to keep calling his attention.

The guy advised me to get professional valuation for my land and building which i did. He also advised that based on my age i shouldn't have bothered with a sponsor outside myself or hubby ( i am over 45yrs). In addition he rearranged all my documents and made them easier for the VO to see all because i had lots of documents.

I highly recommend Frank any day because he is very very professional. I didnt give him breathing space, i must confess that i wanted my application submitted fast fast because my school was meant to Start May 9th.

I also want to appreciate @Anon123, @NorthernshoreLS. NorthernshoreLS thanks a lot, you were the person to 1st advice me to use Frank even though i didnt want to initially. This forum is indeed full of wonderful brothers and sisters.

My prayer is that we shall all get our PPR's soonest in Jesus name.

Amen

Congratulations Ma'am on the success of your application �. We thank you for choosing and trusting us with your immigration process. We work very hard to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients and ensure that they are satisfied with our services. It's a pleasure to have served you and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I wish you the best in Canada.

It will end in praise

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by teebullion1(f): 10:35am On Jul 15, 2022
For those requesting for Seneca College application waiver code for July.

SENE5163821488 - valid till July 31, 2022

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by TOSM: 10:37am On Jul 15, 2022
Good morning guys, please is there anyone here in Kamloops or going to Kamloops?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by hollawalexzy(m): 10:42am On Jul 15, 2022
160485.Congratulations, may Canada favour you.
Mine is next in Jesus name post=.:

God did it
God answers prayers.

Ppr alert

My time line

My timeline

My mistake
I did upfront medicals on 26th of May. I did not upload or send my medical information sheet until I got the request. I just felt it will be updated. Unfortunately, IOM didn't send my medicals till 6th of June.

My advice always send your medical information sheet immediately you do your medicals to save time.

Documents submitted

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Frankrobbn1: 10:43am On Jul 15, 2022
unclekev:
Hello Everyone, It’s PPR
Timeline - 5 weeks and 5 days
First time Application - Self Sponsored

Application submitted- May 20th
Biometrics - May 26th
Upfront Medicals (April 30th) updated - June 6th
Eligibility review - June 6th
BVL - June 30th
PPR - June 30th

Documents Submitted
All IMM forms
SOP
Resume
LOA
Scholarship Letter ($10k CAD)
2 MBS ticket of 6 months each
Bank reference letter
All Land Documents
Affidavit of Return
Bsc certificate and transcript
Waec certificate
Reference letter
All Business Documents- CAC, Online presence, Letter of Introduction, Pictures at various farm sites, pictures of products, business ID
All Employment Documents (Brand Manager at a construction Firm) - Introduction letter, study leave letter, employment letter, promotion letter, work ID, payslips
Ielts, Upfront Medicals
Pictures with Fiancée, Fiancée valid ID
Valid ID for mom and siblings

My application was handled by Mr Frank of F and R Global. When I wanted to start this process, I planned to use an agent from the get go because i wanted a smooth and successful application. My partner kept insisting on mr Frank, that she has read so many reviews on Nairaland and he’s the one she’ll work with.
So we contacted him and right from the first call until the final approval, I felt at ease. It was a smooth transition and as soon as all my docs he asked for were ready, he submitted immediately and did a few check-in with my partner (I have a tight schedule, so she was basically the point of contact).
There were some things we didn’t consider at first which I’m certain added to the successful approval of my study permit, Mr Frank brought a professional insight into this process.
Even after the approval, he has checked in to guide us on the appropriate steps to ensure my passport is stamped and my migration to Canada is smooth.
I highly recommend him, the whole process was a smooth one and approval was faster than expected.

Thank you @frankrobbn1 of F and R Global

Congratulations Sir! Thank you for your kind words! I appreciate you taking the time to write this review and for sharing your experience with our firm. We are pleased to have helped you navigate through this journey. Thank you for placing your trust in us. I wish you all the best in Canada!

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by bullstriker: 10:45am On Jul 15, 2022
No, I don't
Evergreen694:
Thank you for your assistance. Please do you have any idea of schools that could offer that?

I would greatly appreciate the assistance, thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Frankrobbn1: 10:45am On Jul 15, 2022
Newww1:

Congratulations.
Please just to confirm is police clearance certificate compulsory for study permit application as I didnt see it in your list.
Thank you

It is not required for Study permit.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Elolam87(m): 10:48am On Jul 15, 2022
Please somebody should assist me in responding to this,help a soul

Elolam87:
Good day to you all, please i am looking towards applying for Msc program in Canadian schools, but a travel agent told me that securing admission and visa to Canada university is more difficult than UK universities,and involve some other processes.The essence of going through this study route is to migrate with a family of 4. Can someone pls shed some light on this, suggest some schools or website link to read through.I don't want to waste the little funds I have with me. I don't want to make a wrong decision,pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Frankrobbn1: 10:49am On Jul 15, 2022
Ojb555666:

Please does this include getting PR through PGWP Sir? IELTS requirement I mean.

Yes it is required that you must undertake an English proficiency test (IELTS or CELPIP) even after graduation in Canada to be qualified to apply for your Permanent Residency in Canada.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Fativivimat: 10:50am On Jul 15, 2022
Congratulations! Also a May applicant. Mine is next IJN. May Marple Land favour you.

All the best!

160485:
God did it
God answers prayers.

Ppr alert

My time line

My timeline

My mistake

Documents submitted

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Frankrobbn1: 10:52am On Jul 15, 2022
FunmilolaAde:
IT'S PPR GUYS �������

WHAT GOD CAN NOT DO DOES NOT EXIST!!!

I bless the day I get connected to you @Frankrobbn1. Knowing you and you team was a game changer for me and my family. After a serious breakfast (Denial) was served to me on my Birthday last year, 2021 by IRCC, then God brought you my way to use you to wipe away my tears �. F&R Global is a team of SMART, SWIFT, FAST, INTELLIGENT, DETAILED Personnel. Thank you for not being tired of answering questions, sending necessary drafts, close follow up, well detailed application and for your expertise.

You guys are super good at what you do. I would recommend and recommend you over and over again and again for your timeline, inbox to full to the brim.
F&R GLOBAL is the BEST � �
THANK YOU OKCE AGAIN MR FRANK my VO of fandrglobal.com

http://fandrglobal.com

*FAMILY APPLICATION TIMELINE*
Study permit for myself
Study visa for my 5years old Son
Visiting visa for my 2years old daughter
SOWP Visa for my Hubby.

1ST Application May 14th, 2021 Refused( I applied with my two kids)

2ND APPLICATION April 14th 2022 (family application) APPROVED

*PROFILE*

AGE. 35
GOING FOR SECOND MASTERS
SCHOOL- University CanadaWest (Master of BusinessAdministration)
NO IELTS, NO WES

Application date- April 14th, 2022
Biometrics FOR ME 2021 when I first applied then
Biometric FOR HUBBY April 25th 2022
Upfront medical for all of us. Hubby, kids and I passed April 15th, we applied with it on the 14th.
Eligibility started when I don't know � cos, I don't know how to check if it has started. I only see processing when I check my portal.
Eligibility started for my hubby and 2 Children when I can't say as well.
I started sending webform last week thurdsday to Nairobi and mail. I sent 4 that Wednesday and 1 on Thursday when I was told 4 per day was too much���. My agent (Frankrobbn1) advised me to do this from 7weeks into my application submission. I do call him VO just like @bisi Canada who I met him through do call him. A Sister�‍❤️‍�‍� this group has given to me.

Application approved for 4 of us this yesterday!!

*Document Submitted for myself*

1. ALL CIC DOCUMENTS:
2. ACADEMIC DOCS…
• Bachelor’s Degree Certificate and Transcripts
• Masters Degree Certificate and Transcripts.

*Personal Documents*

* International passport with NO VISA at all.
* SOP and LOE well detailed and written by Mr Frank(my Vo) and edited by me. I took out my time to explain all our 4 accounts submitted, our treasury bill cert, and pension cert.
* Birth cert
* 1 personal Statement of myself
* 2 personal statement of my hubby as the sponsor
* Bank reference letters
* Bank statements (1 for savings and one salary account) Salary acct had little balance but my savings account had enough but no much transactions on it. Reasons why I had to explain well in my LOE.
* My CV
* Affidavit of sponsorship by husband through Federal High Court, Abuja.
* Court Marriage Certificate
* Change of name Affidavit and Newspaper publication.
* Family Pictures (plenty with wedding pictures)
* CAC of our NGO with picturesfrom Outreaches done by the NGO (submitted through webform 3 weeks ago)
* Hubby's Share's Documents in his office.
* Landed properties (dropped 2 out of 5)
* Affidavit of return by myself through Federal High Court, Abuja.
* Work ID card
* Pictures with my Colleague in office.
* Leave letter from the office stating I will be paid 25% of my salary every months and I will still work remotely.
* Reference letter from my Boss.
* Promotion letter after 11months of getting the job to a General Manager.
* Letter of Salary increment.
* NIN Slip

*School*
* Acceptance letter from my school
* Receipt of 1st installment payment of Tuition (7,900 CAD)

*Children Documents*

* ALL CIC Docs
* International Passport
* Birth Certificates
* Study leave letter for my kids (collected this letter from my their school.
* Last term school results sheet
* Plenty School fees payment receipts.
* Their NIN Slips
* Their Pictures with their friends in School.
* Their Immunisation Cards
* My Son is 5years old
* My daughter is 2years old.

Upfront inquiries about health insurance for my kids ( I emailed some health insurance providers and attached this email correspondences to their application)

Upfront enquiries from schools around the area of my school. ( I had emailed some schools to enquire on their ability to take in my kids, I also attached it too

*Spouse Documents*

* CIC documents
* International Passport
* Company letter
* Bank References letters
* Statements of Account(2)
* Treasury Bill Cert. and Statement fro
ARM
* Work ID card
* Pension Cert.
* Company's shareholders cert.
* Pictures with Collegues in the Office.
* NIN Slip

All thanks and glory to God almighty for making this come to reality. I want to also thank my VO( Mr Frank) for his expertise and attention to details. You’re indeed good at what you do.

Thank you JESUS CHRIST.
Canada here we come. We are going to our final base (Home)

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a detailed review. Client satisfaction is one of our top priorities and as such, we strive to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients. I have developed a special expertise in Canadian immigration for complex cases, and I am thankful to applicants like you for placing their utmost trust in our ability to assist with their immigration matter.. Congratulations once again on starting your new life in Canada and best of luck in all your future endeavours.

It will end in praise

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by collinsunusual: 11:00am On Jul 15, 2022
160485:
God did it
God answers prayers.

Ppr alert

My time line

My timeline

My mistake

Documents submitted

Congratulations congratulations congratulations dear may the land of Canada bless you
I will give my own timeline next in Jesus in Jesus name Amen

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by princ3ssa: 11:01am On Jul 15, 2022
Yes it does
daezy22:
Please who knows if Mastercard dollar card works with IRCC payment platform?

(1) (2) (3) ... (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) (836) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.