Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,907 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (830) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (908013 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (827) (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by survivex: 1:50pm On Jul 14, 2022
geekly44:
good morning all,

Please i have an issue. My name on my passport is missing my middle name and a letter from my first name due to an error from my dad when j was younger. however the names on nin, pvc, driver licencse, certificates are correct

I swore an affidavit for my passport and also plan to add these documents to it so further prove its my name. will that suffice ??

Thank you

I will suggest that you go and update your passport to align with other documents. Doing an affidavit will not suffice is this case. The correction on your passport can only be done in Abj and you will have to go with your NIN, WAEC so they can confirm same and attach it to your information update request. After that a new passport will be issued to you after capture.

You can wait for gurus in the house to offer their opinions.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jazey: 1:50pm On Jul 14, 2022
Anybody looking at applying for PhD in Canada on scholarship? I'm starting my application and wouldn't mind having someone who's also interested in the same thing so we can do it together and motivate ourselves on days when one person's morale is down.
Science background preferably

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by pean06: 2:01pm On Jul 14, 2022
I am interested …. I have MSc in Clinical Psych… Although I have gotten admission for 1 yr pgd…. I have applied for Study permit… I am still applying for PhD with scholarship in Clinical Psychology that is my main goal.

Jazey:
Anybody looking at applying for PhD in Canada on scholarship? I'm starting my application and wouldn't mind having someone who's also interested in the same thing so we can do it together and motivate ourselves on days when one person's morale is down.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by collinsunusual: 2:08pm On Jul 14, 2022
Good afternoon guys pls I want to do my upfront medical
Pls how do I book and appointment and am so submit it pls help me ������
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by collinsunusual: 2:13pm On Jul 14, 2022
160485:

Please proceed with your upfront medicals to save time. Instead of waiting for medical request, you will be waiting for ppr.

Please can you direct me on how to do that .How do I book the appointment and what documents do I go to and how do I submit it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by zxxtx: 2:14pm On Jul 14, 2022
Juonx:
Waiting for my medical request..Will be attending SAIT(Southern Alberta Institute of Technology)this Fall. I pray it works for good.

Greetings to everyone, it feels good seeing the testimonies here. A big shoutout to all the gurus who have helped keep this thread alive. I wish all those expecting their PPR a swift & positive response, please don’t give up.

If there is anyone coming to the University of Calgary or any school here in Calgary, I’m more than happy to help if you need any help so feel free to reach out. God bless! smiley

Same school but I might defer to next year, I didn’t get any response from cic since January
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Isyma(m): 2:39pm On Jul 14, 2022
Ekulu77:
IT’S PPR
IT ENDED IN PRAISE
over 9months of waiting
GOD DID IT
MAY 15TH 2021 applicant
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
‭‭Jeremiah 29:11
I’m coming back to give timeline
Congratulations Ekulu

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Meenah2hot: 3:01pm On Jul 14, 2022
[quote author=makano post=114677760]Hello Meenah

Congrats on your Admission..

With my experience with lots of applicants as regards Form A, 2 banks comes top with fast processing..

Stanbic IBTC and Union Bank..

Other applicants with other banks can also mention them..

Peace [/quote
Thank you so much for always been there. May Allah bless all your endeavors. Amin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chiziteremary: 3:02pm On Jul 14, 2022
Congrats Ekulu77. May the land of Canada favour u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by xxsandyxx: 3:11pm On Jul 14, 2022
collinsunusual:
Good afternoon guys pls I want to do my upfront medical
Pls how do I book and appointment and am so submit it pls help me ������

Qlife website
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by xxsandyxx: 3:12pm On Jul 14, 2022
No docx required, just follow the prompt on qlife website
collinsunusual:

Please can you direct me on how to do that .How do I book the appointment and what documents do I go to and how do I submit it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jenny255: 3:14pm On Jul 14, 2022
johnstan:

The rate is always in USD, so for CAD 235 I paid about N115,000 instead of about 70 something thousand bank rate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by TonyDeAnalyst(m): 3:28pm On Jul 14, 2022
Congratulations @Ekulu77. Though, it may be delayed, but what God has decided can't be denied. Please your timeline and documentation stuff for us to learn from
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by TonyDeAnalyst(m): 3:32pm On Jul 14, 2022
Can you share the process of Form A with us.[quote author=Meenah2hot post=114727665][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Positiveme2020: 3:38pm On Jul 14, 2022
TradeSunMoore:

You should just target 28th July then or any date beyond that is convenient for you. You do not need any appointment for this. In our case I called IOM Abuja a week to the date and was told no need for appointment, that we should walk in on the select date and go straight to the X-ray section. And that is what we did.
Thank you sir.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by nixymax(f): 3:55pm On Jul 14, 2022
Hello,

Is there any female going to Edmonton this August and will need a roommate?

Kindly connect with me:
nixykul22@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omorocky: 3:59pm On Jul 14, 2022
Please do I need Return ticket for Traveling as a Student?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by nixymax(f): 4:04pm On Jul 14, 2022
Omorocky:
Please do I need Return ticket for Traveling as a Student?

No, unless you want to apply for form A
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jazey: 4:08pm On Jul 14, 2022
pean06:
I am interested …. I have MSc in Clinical Psych… Although I have gotten admission for 1 yr pgd…. I have applied for Study permit… I am still applying for PhD with scholarship in Clinical Psychology that is my main goal.

Please send a message..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 4:29pm On Jul 14, 2022
Chiziteremary:
Good morning all.

Thanks to all who congratulated me. I would like to share my timeline and what i did differently in my 2nd application because i believe this will help someone.

1st Application was submitted 1st Dec 2021
Refusal was recvd 25/2/2022

From my gcm notes i discovered what i did wrong was the fact that i used my brother as additional sponsor. Even though i am self sponsor but i decided to add my brothers account for additional comfort which wasnt necessary after all. I already paid 16kcad for 1st year fees and had sufficient funds to take care of the 2nd year fees and my upkeep in my personal account. The VO's concern with my brothers account was that his payslips werent included and there were lumpsums in his account. Well for some reason my broda didnt want to give me statement of his salary account. He only gave me statement of a join account with his wife where he saves money ( he lives in the USA)

What i did differently

I never wanted to use an agent because of the cost implication and because i believed i could do it myself but i was led by the Holy spirit to use @Frankrobbin. So i decided to go ahead with him, the guy is quite professional i must say though he is so busy that you need to keep calling his attention.

The guy advised me to get professional valuation for my land and building which i did. He also advised that based on my age i shouldn't have bothered with a sponsor outside myself or hubby ( i am over 45yrs). In addition he rearranged all my documents and made them easier for the VO to see all because i had lots of documents.

I highly recommend Frank any day because he is very very professional. I didnt give him breathing space, i must confess that i wanted my application submitted fast fast because my school was meant to Start May 9th.

I also want to appreciate @Anon123, @NorthernshoreLS. NorthernshoreLS thanks a lot, you were the person to 1st advice me to use Frank even though i didnt want to initially. This forum is indeed full of wonderful brothers and sisters.

My prayer is that we shall all get our PPR's soonest in Jesus name.

Amen

Amen!! I am next to testify

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Thefil: 4:31pm On Jul 14, 2022
Congratulations
Chiziteremary:
Good morning all.

Thanks to all who congratulated me. I would like to share my timeline and what i did differently in my 2nd application because i believe this will help someone.

1st Application was submitted 1st Dec 2021
Refusal was recvd 25/2/2022

From my gcm notes i discovered what i did wrong was the fact that i used my brother as additional sponsor. Even though i am self sponsor but i decided to add my brothers account for additional comfort which wasnt necessary after all. I already paid 16kcad for 1st year fees and had sufficient funds to take care of the 2nd year fees and my upkeep in my personal account. The VO's concern with my brothers account was that his payslips werent included and there were lumpsums in his account. Well for some reason my broda didnt want to give me statement of his salary account. He only gave me statement of a join account with his wife where he saves money ( he lives in the USA)

What i did differently

I never wanted to use an agent because of the cost implication and because i believed i could do it myself but i was led by the Holy spirit to use @Frankrobbin. So i decided to go ahead with him, the guy is quite professional i must say though he is so busy that you need to keep calling his attention.

The guy advised me to get professional valuation for my land and building which i did. He also advised that based on my age i shouldn't have bothered with a sponsor outside myself or hubby ( i am over 45yrs). In addition he rearranged all my documents and made them easier for the VO to see all because i had lots of documents.

I highly recommend Frank any day because he is very very professional. I didnt give him breathing space, i must confess that i wanted my application submitted fast fast because my school was meant to Start May 9th.

I also want to appreciate @Anon123, @NorthernshoreLS. NorthernshoreLS thanks a lot, you were the person to 1st advice me to use Frank even though i didnt want to initially. This forum is indeed full of wonderful brothers and sisters.

My prayer is that we shall all get our PPR's soonest in Jesus name.

Amen

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Janfar: 4:50pm On Jul 14, 2022
Damysa:
I have also just gotten admission, please who is in Seneca College already, I need information please. Is there a whatsapp group or telegram, kindly drop the links here please

Hi, Have you found a group? Kindly share if so. Else how about starting one in due time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Kolajero: 5:08pm On Jul 14, 2022
Good evening gurus in the house. Please, I need an urgent answer to a question.

Due to insufficient find, I was denied USA Student Visa 3 times all in 2019.

How do I treat this in my current Canada Study Permit application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 5:10pm On Jul 14, 2022
Jazey:

https://www.nairaland.com/6957495/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/648#113697664
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 5:11pm On Jul 14, 2022
pean06:

https://www.nairaland.com/6957495/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/648#113697664
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrprolifik: 5:18pm On Jul 14, 2022
geekly44:
Please help me, im always begging for reply

My advice to you it to rectify that with the Nigeria immigration service and do a new passport with the correct name.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by oloyede1(m): 5:40pm On Jul 14, 2022
Hello,

I'm creating an ultimate free guide/resource for anyone seeking a study permit for any Canadian college or university.

It will be a very easy-to-follow guide that a 16-year-old can pick to secure a study permit based on my own experience.

And the best part of this is that I'm going to make it open - deploy it on a website for everyone to use for FREE.

I own a software company, so I can even add software that solves most of the issues we report here daily.

For example:

1) A software that alerts you of new admission intake openings for any Canadian school based on your experience, the current level of study, and the intended course of study.
2) A software that can generate a starter Statement of Purpose that you can build on.

Let me know if it's something that you'll need.

We are releasing the very first version soon, and I'm contemplating a very good name for it.

Kindly suggest a good name for this app.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Titusremen1: 6:20pm On Jul 14, 2022
Titusremen1:
Good day Gurus in the house.

Please I desire assistance in regards to certain questions.

1. Is it possible for someone who graduate with a diploma in Anesthesia to which to Nursing?

2. What route (Master's or Advanced Diploma) should such a person take to achieve this.

Thank you all and I anticipate your assistance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Sogasogy123: 6:21pm On Jul 14, 2022
Kindly help with a copy of statement of purpose and letter of explanation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by miimssss: 6:32pm On Jul 14, 2022
Hello NL’s

Please how does one respond to a PFL. I mean is it via email or webform ??

Urgent please !!!

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by oyedamilola: 6:37pm On Jul 14, 2022
Ojb555666:

The bank rate you are talking about is CBN rate right?

Here is the process, download barter, sign up and get a dollar card, after that fund your barter account with 113,500naria and convert all the funds to your dollar card, barter dollar card is in USD and you will be charge in USD, so you will be charge 182.74 in USD, so if you multiply 182.74 with the current rate which is 618 its 112,476naria. And remember barter charge with black market rate.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (827) (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.