Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,297 members, 7,811,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (892) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (904518 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (889) (890) (891) (892) (893) (894) (895) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 9:44pm On Jul 24, 2022
Fredba:

Pls I’m going for medical soon upfront Once i get it done i stiil have to upload how do i go about it?

Your results will be transmitted to IRCC by the hospital, however, you can still send your e-medical sheet to IRCC via webform/ email afterwards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Emaaaaaaa: 9:45pm On Jul 24, 2022
Do you have an idea when they usually start to issue CAS for January intakes?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 9:50pm On Jul 24, 2022
praise9:
Happy Sunday Everyone ♥️.. Pls is it compulsory to pay part of tuition fee before applying for study permit?

People pay tuition deposits for two reasons;

•If it's required by the school
•To show IRCC that there's availability of funds to pay your fees and support yourself generally (financial commitment).

Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Yahwehsdota: 9:52pm On Jul 24, 2022
Just be patient, your biometric instruction letter will come after 24-48 hours directly from Ircc. Toddlers do not need to do biometrics.

Note that you can't book yours online without the biometric letter because it contains your ircc no, which is mandatory for booking.

Niaso:
Good day Nairalanders,
Please how do I go about biometric request, we applied as family and only main Applicant got biometric request?

Should I wait for others to come?
Does a toddler need biometric?

Do I need to book for it or I will go to their office, please I need directions??

Pleeeease
Thanks in anticipation

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by olufunbi(f): 9:54pm On Jul 24, 2022
Just send an email and also fill the webform.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi

nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

quote author=Fredba post=115050085]
Pls I’m going for medical soon upfront Once i get it done i stiil have to upload how do i go about it?[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by jokunle(m): 9:56pm On Jul 24, 2022
Hi guys, please what are the medical requirements for Canada while applying for student visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by jokunle(m): 9:57pm On Jul 24, 2022
olufunbi:
Just send an email and also fill the webform.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi

nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

Hi guys, please what are the medical requirements for Canada while applying for student visa

quote author=Fredba post=115050085]
Pls I’m going for medical soon upfront Once i get it done i stiil have to upload how do i go about it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by jokunle(m): 10:07pm On Jul 24, 2022
johnstan:

Your results will be transmitted to IRCC by the hospital, however, you can still send your e-medical sheet to IRCC via webform/ email afterwards.

Hi , please what are the medical requirements for Canada while applying for student visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 10:18pm On Jul 24, 2022
jokunle:

Hi , please what are the medical requirements for Canada while applying for student visa

If you mean the documents required, they are your international passport, request letter from IRCC (no need for this if you're going for upfront medicals), your appointment letter from IOM or QLife and your payment receipt printout.

If you mean the Tests that will be done, check the screen shot

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by jokunle(m): 10:21pm On Jul 24, 2022
johnstan:

If you mean the documents required, they are your international passport, request letter from IRCC (no need for this if you're going for upfront medicals), your appointment letter from IOM or QLife and your payment receipt printout.

If you mean the Tests that will be done, check the screen shot

Thank you boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 10:24pm On Jul 24, 2022
jokunle:

Thank you boss

Uwc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by praise9: 10:26pm On Jul 24, 2022
Thanks Boss_The school didn't request for school fees.

i go rugged am with prayers
johnstan:

People pay tuition deposits for two reasons;

•If it's required by the school
•To show IRCC that there's availability of funds to pay your fees and support yourself generally (financial commitment).

Good luck

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omnisavage: 10:47pm On Jul 24, 2022
has your eligibility started?[quote author=Oluwanishore post=115052034][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Odami: 11:10pm On Jul 24, 2022
Good evening house please I need help I got admission to the university of Manitoba I am trying to get the proof of fund and also I have my dad’s friend wanting to stand in for me as sponsor is it possible. And also I have not done anything other than accept the admission because the whole process seem confusing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by omorefe101: 11:11pm On Jul 24, 2022
Hello, how are you doing, I'm new here please can someone tell me what is the most affordable school in Canada for admission, I'm trying to apply for my B.sc or do any college or university in Canada accept HND for a master degree or postgraduate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lilknight(m): 12:02am On Jul 25, 2022
Joedave25:
YES

I just sent you an email. Will like to text you privately if you wouldn’t mind
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Leyemoshood: 1:25am On Jul 25, 2022
darling4real1:

Thank you for your response. Please won't the study gap be an issue?

Work experience will cover for study gap. If I see your CV, I might be able to advise properly
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Leyemoshood: 1:42am On Jul 25, 2022
Omnisavage:
why do you say it is better to just do another 1 year program IN MY SCHOOL? is there any special incentive to that? Since you already did 1 program with them, it would be easy to get another program from them.

if I do the MSc in another school, will they still give me the 3 years PGWP? Yes they will, but why do 1 year diploma and 2 years masters (3 years total) when you can just do 1 year dip + another 1 year dip (2 years total)? since both will give you 3 years PGWP

my 1 year course is Graduate Certificate and it cost 18kCAD. I don't have another 18k for another Graduate Certificate if there is a chance to get MSc from a school that is 2 years and will not cost up to 18k CAD in total for the two years.

I didn't get admission into the MSc schools I applied to this year because I applied to top schools and I thought my 2'1 would be enough. But 5 of them rejected me. My plan is to apply to lower end schools this time around. In life, its either you want to spend money to achieve something or you are ready to spend time, skill and other resources to achieve it. If you're looking for cheap tuition fees, you will have to keep applying to the so called top schools but if you're looking to get into Canada as soon as possible, you have to be ready to spend money like 18K CAD per year for the schools that would offer you admission readily..The ball is in your court.

Please let me know what you think.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by adeeeeeeeee: 1:48am On Jul 25, 2022
bullstriker:
Yes, she can extend it. The main IMM form for extension of work permit is IMM5710. Unfortunately, you can’t use the new portal for a work permit extension. Instead, use the MyCIC account.
Ensure the spouse is studying full-time; proof of full-time enrolment is required.

Thank you for your response! Actually, she hasn't worked since she arrived. So, I read that SOWP cannot be extended, that she can only apply for new one. Please what's your take on this? Could you help with a link where to extend if extension is possible? Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Fativivimat: 2:05am On Jul 25, 2022
Check out this link for a break down of exchange rates: https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/cgi-bin/recgen/er.pl?Language=E

tracy0803409:
Good evening Family, pls what is IRCC standard exchange rate of CAD to Naira and USD to Naira
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by bullstriker: 2:14am On Jul 25, 2022
You can apply for an extension using your MyCiC account, the same account she used for the initial application. Or you can use this tool to generate the code https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool.html
You can extend sowp; it is PGWP that you cannot extend.
adeeeeeeeee:

Thank you for your response! Actually, she hasn't worked since she arrived. So, I read that SOWP cannot be extended, that she can only apply for new one. Please what's your take on this? Could you help with a link where to extend if extension is possible? Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Pankajgupta: 5:10am On Jul 25, 2022
ofime123:
In New Brunswick and nova scotia u only need 6month work axperience to qualify for pnp I wanted to apply for a school in manitoba but my transcript didn't arrive on time and the program is close till next year section then I made a research about new brunswick and nova scotia they have same program and even cheaper. I think the best for a student for Pr is through pnp that's my research so far

Interesting
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Zubi85: 5:18am On Jul 25, 2022
[quote author=johnstan post=115054605]

Please u Guys should help me, must my sponsor have the same surname with me, because I have a friend who want to sponsor me but his surname is different from mine. But someone who schools in Canada adviced me to look for someone that has the same surname with me and this will increase my Chance of getting visa.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Zubi85: 5:23am On Jul 25, 2022
Please u Guys should help me, must my sponsor have the same surname with me, because I have a friend who want to sponsor me but his surname is different from mine. But someone who schools in Canada adviced me to look for someone that has the same surname with me and this will increase my Chance of getting visa.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by SOPWriter: 7:46am On Jul 25, 2022
Solacul:
Good Day Nairalanders

I have been a silent reader all along, but it is time to cry out as my mind is failing.....

I would appreciate it if I could get advice on the challenges I have at hand.

I was offered admission at the Centennial College in Ontario for the Fall term of 2022. I have made part payment of my tuition as requested by the school.

I forwarded my study VISA application sometime in April and went for Biometrics on May 5 2022.

I did not submit an upfront medical.
POF submitted was 11.3m plus other required documents

This week will make my application precisely 12 weeks and Nothing has been heard.

I applied for another programme in the UK also for September 2022 also. My major aim is to leave Nigeria latest first week of September 2022.

I have been given admission in the UK at York St John University to be precise. I am yet to make a commitment about the tuition and yet to apply for VISA as I am a bit curious not to make a wrong decision.

I want Nairalanders to advise me if I should go ahead to make a commitment to York St John. The part payment for the tuition is about 5600pounds.

My Questions are
1. Is it advisable for me to pay for the tuition while I still await the response from the Canadian Embassy?
2. Will York St John refund me the tuition if eventually, I get a positive response from Canada?
3. If the Canadian embassy's response eventually comes in while I am already in the UK, can I still continue the application process in the UK to leave the UK for Canada?

I would appreciate elites on this forum to assist in giving advice as I am currently dying out of endless waiting.

1 & 2. Refunds are often processed with respect to timing, contracts, and circumstances. Moreover, the majority of schools will not fulfill a refund request from a potential international student if it's void of documentation that evinces an unsuccessful visa application. If I have any advice for you, then that would be due diligence on your end concerning your proposed institutions' refund policies. They will pilot you to an apt decision.

3. Of course, yes!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by olutoyiin: 8:14am On Jul 25, 2022
So my dear people, wanted to give an update on my application, my application clocked 1 month yesterday 24th. I did an upfront medical and gave my Biometrics on the 27th, unfortunately both the medicals and Biometrics are yet to be updated on my portal. I've raised webforms and sent emails but the issue persists. Safe to say my application is stuck. Anyways I've decided to leave them and live my life. I noticed this situation was slowly eating my peace and taking my joy. So I've decided to move on, congrats to all those who have gotten their PPRs. As for me we move!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Leyemoshood: 8:26am On Jul 25, 2022
trinityconcept:
Hello everyone please I have a challenge

I graduated with a 2:2 here in Nigeria
3.05/5.0, candian universities use 4.0 so when I convert mine to a 4.0 scale I get like 2.44.
Almost all schools I've tried applying to in Canada have a general admission requirements of lowest 2.7 to 3.0.

Even though I now have a rich work experience I don't know if I should ignore their cut off and just apply

What's your Advice please
Do you think I stand a chance

What course did you study and whats your work experience like? You might be able to get masters admission with your 2:2 in Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 8:37am On Jul 25, 2022
[quote author=Zubi85 post=115060050][/quote]

Anyone can sponsor you, however, you will have to prove to ircc beyond doubt that he/she will actually fulfil their pledge to you.

Family members are easier to prove cos of same surname, Parents/Siblings would have been your financial support at some point and would not find it difficult to still support you again, family pics together etc and also because of the assumption that they would not leave you unfunded.

If you can prove that the non-family member has ever assisted you financially in the past, he/she is willing to fund you and reason for their decision, you have a good relationship with the individual etc then by all means you can proceed with the person as your sponsor.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ofime123(m): 9:12am On Jul 25, 2022
1 no they don't accept hnd for masters
2 if you are looking for cheap school check on NBCC or NSCC and apply to post graduate certificate program that suit you. I think NSCC is about 11000 for international student ans NBCC is about 12k some course are cheaper though.
omorefe101:
Hello, how are you doing, I'm new here please can someone tell me what is the most affordable school in Canada for admission, I'm trying to apply for my B.sc or do any college or university in Canada accept HND for a master degree or postgraduate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Meklex(m): 9:18am On Jul 25, 2022
Please which schools in Canada don't require IELTS and TOEFL for undergraduate studies. I want to start my application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Oldfashioned145: 9:54am On Jul 25, 2022
Hello house

My application clocks 12 weeks on Wednesday with no medical request. I've mailed Beijing and Nairobi but gotten no response at all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chiziteremary: 10:30am On Jul 25, 2022
Good morming all.

Please which forms am i reqd to fill in order to apply for my 11 year old daughter. I will really appreciate your response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (889) (890) (891) (892) (893) (894) (895) ... (920)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.