Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,354 members, 7,836,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (900) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (928178 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (897) (898) (899) (900) (901) (902) (903) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Phorlly43: 8:39pm On Jul 26, 2022
PatrickOkunima:

Did you get a medical request or upfront medical.
I didn't do upfront medical, it was requested for before I did it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Erefagha1991: 8:42pm On Jul 26, 2022
Chiziteremary:
Congrats. May the land of Canada favour your spouse in Jesus name

wowww congrats please if i may ask how long did it take for it to be updated approved after the upfront medical was passed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Pgift: 8:43pm On Jul 26, 2022
bullstriker:
Do we need a transit visa for Turkey and France?

Please how do I go about applying for transit visa to pass through Amsterdam if I intend to fly Klm or Airfrance to UK, as I don't hv a valid US,Scheghen ..... visa...
I need information as to applying for the transit visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Erefagha1991: 8:44pm On Jul 26, 2022
sheryff:
Just to encourage anyone still waiting with my spouse PPR. No single email notification except ghost update when upfront medical was updated. Then this evening PPR!! Goodluck to others in line. April 30th Applicant.
congratulation please how long did it take for approval to come up when the upfront medical was passed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Fativivimat: 8:47pm On Jul 26, 2022
Becoted001:
Pls house,

I am trying to apply for MSc in Data science or artificial intelligence in any Canada university, although I have BSc in Economics and Diploma in Economics and Statistics with good grades and i dont have working experience related to course to study.

I will like to know if both Visa and Admission application can be granted.

Why don't you go for a Masters in Economics and statistics, it makes a lot of sense for your career progression and purpose of visit. Going for Data Science and Artificial intelligence is way outside your academic background. Hopefully if you able to get to Canada with an Msc in Economics you can always find your way around in the tech world because they will lot of options for you. Just an advise though...

All the best.

PPR loading for me Soon IJN.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Fativivimat: 8:51pm On Jul 26, 2022
Phorlly43:
Good pm, my medical has been passed since June11, been waiting for PPR since then please it becoming too long what can I do, anyone having similar experience?

No be only you o, mine was passed on June 7 no update since then. We'll just stay hopeful. It will end in praise surely. PPR loading #MayApplicants.

I am on a Journey of Faith.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teezkid: 8:55pm On Jul 26, 2022
You are welcome
Becoted001:

Thanks so much, I really appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Fardowsa: 9:17pm On Jul 26, 2022
TOSM:
Pls which option is best for international student?
oh i really don't know, but it definitely has to be from 10,000CAD and i believe it's only CIBC that does for nigerian students.
And I am using form A to execute mine, but you could ask the gurus on here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Fardowsa: 9:22pm On Jul 26, 2022
Treasure134:

Download DC adobe reader
Hi, thank you for your response, i just checked it now and it seems i am going to pay?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by aji2000(m): 9:28pm On Jul 26, 2022
Profgordons:

Great, is there a WhatsApp group?

None that I know of
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Kolajero: 9:28pm On Jul 26, 2022
Please, I'm confused and I need those that have gotten their PPR to clarify this for me.

After validating the Study Permit Form (IMM1294), am I to upload it like that, or I shy print and then scan before uploading it?

The reason I'm asking the form still remains editable after I validated it and it keeps asking to save each time I opened it.

Please, help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by PatrickOkunima(m): 9:41pm On Jul 26, 2022
Phorlly43:

I didn't do upfront medical, it was requested for before I did it

Congratulations in advance. So why the delay now? Maybe you should send them a reminder.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ontime22: 9:54pm On Jul 26, 2022
No, you wont pay any fee for travelling with cash. However, you are expected to declare it if you are travelling into canada with more than 10,000CAD
You can also get some funds funds to travel via Student upkeep from CBN via your bank but it takes time to process
AmiDelight:
Good day Everyone

Please how can I get some funds to travel with except through PTA
2. Is it ok to travel with Canadian dollars, if I declare I’m traveling with funds to the Immigration officers, am I to pay a fee for traveling with cash?

Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ibukola5: 10:02pm On Jul 26, 2022
Dear Naira landers, greetings.
About student visa, I did Canada visa Biometrics 2 months ago. Then, my passport was about to expire and I was to get the new one I was processing the next day.
When I went for the passport collection, I was told that booklets was not available. I got the new passport now and I don't know what next. I am actually using a travel agent and he told me to wait for medicals, he said the Embassy will request for my new passport after medicals. But my instincts told me to seek information. I would like to know how to go about this please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by AmiDelight: 10:05pm On Jul 26, 2022
ontime22:
No, you wont pay any fee for travelling with cash. However, you are expected to declare it if you are travelling into canada with more than 10,000CAD
You can also get some funds funds to travel via Student upkeep from CBN via your bank but it takes time to process

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by TOSM: 10:24pm On Jul 26, 2022
Can I E-mail or WhatsApp you because I have a lot of question? One of the requirements is that the applicant must be a Canadian resident with an address. How did you do the address ish?

Fardowsa:
oh i really don't know, but it definitely has to be from 10,000CAD and i believe it's only CIBC that does for nigerian students.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Innit2022: 10:29pm On Jul 26, 2022
You do not need an airport transit visa once you have a study permit to Canada. You can check this information on https://klm.traveldoc.aero/ . My travel agent also confirmed this information to me yesterday. Klm and airfrance work together.

Pgift:

Please how do I go about applying for transit visa to pass through Amsterdam if I intend to fly Klm or Airfrance to UK, as I don't hv a valid US,Scheghen ..... visa...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Innit2022: 10:32pm On Jul 26, 2022
Oh sorry I see here you said the uk.

Still check that site. It helps with transit requirements

Pgift:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Innit2022: 10:33pm On Jul 26, 2022
Mine was passed June 6.

My PPR is coming this week by Gods grace. Amen

Phorlly43:
Good pm, my medical has been passed since June11, been waiting for PPR since then please it becoming too long what can I do, anyone having similar experience?

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Treasure134: 10:38pm On Jul 26, 2022
Fardowsa:

Hi, thank you for your response, i just checked it now and it seems i am going to pay?

No not at all, you don't have to pay just use it to open your files that's all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by pean06: 10:52pm On Jul 26, 2022
Hi, mine has been passed since June 3rd but I know that I will testify soon… I am am sure we all will #what God cannot do does not exist

Phorlly43:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 10:58pm On Jul 26, 2022
It’s PPR for my friend oh!! I am soo happy... he got PPR without medical request but he will go ahead and do it on his own. This particular PPR is also mine!! I will testify soonest oh!!. February 28 applicant.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Hafeez6948: 11:06pm On Jul 26, 2022
Seeing this your friends PPR is like therapy to the brain. Thanks for the Good news and the hope. PPR has been scarce today.. Abeg to anyone that has received PPR please update us.
CharitoJames:
It’s PPR for my friend oh!! I am soo happy... he got PPR without medical request but he will go ahead and do it on his own. This particular PPR is also mine!! I will testify soonest oh!!. February 28 applicant.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 11:16pm On Jul 26, 2022
CharitoJames:

Congratulations to your friend.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tracy0803409: 1:53am On Jul 27, 2022
Fativivimat:
Check out this link for a break down of exchange rates: https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/cgi-bin/recgen/er.pl?Language=E

Thanks alot Sir/Madam,i appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Fardowsa: 4:16am On Jul 27, 2022
TOSM:
Can I E-mail or WhatsApp you because I have a lot of question? One of the requirements is that the applicant must be a Canadian resident with an address. How did you do the address ish?

Like I said, i don't know much about it so if you do contact me, i'll only tell you things based on my own experience. And I would not like to mislead anyone. But you can send me a mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Fardowsa: 4:21am On Jul 27, 2022
Treasure134:

No not at all, you don't have to pay just use it to open your files that's all
hi i saw it already, thanks. but when i want to download the software, it keeps showing (turn on Chrome OS developer mode to download apps from sources other than play store) i am confused.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Isyma(m): 4:47am On Jul 27, 2022
CharitoJames:

Wait oo, is this possible? PPR without medical?
Guys please confirm this

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by francisxbee: 4:51am On Jul 27, 2022
Fardowsa:
You can't use Form A for GIC. No bank will process it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Isyma(m): 5:06am On Jul 27, 2022
francisxbee:

I thought as much cus I attempted that and it failed woefully
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Fardowsa: 6:27am On Jul 27, 2022
francisxbee:

hi, thank you so much. so how do i go about it

(1) (2) (3) ... (897) (898) (899) (900) (901) (902) (903) ... (920)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.