Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,852 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 (19002 Views)

Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures) / 11 Trucks Of Almajirai Entering Cross River Intercepted By Task Force / Abuja Taxi Driver Strips Naked After His Car Was Impounded By Security Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 26, 2022
chloride6:
I have paid 25k on two occasions to LASTMA.

Both for one way offences that were not obvious.

Both inside VI..

My friend paid 150k at University road in Yaba (He actually landed in mobile court).

You see those "Inner Streets On Island" There are too many One Way with no Signage.....
Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by addicted2Christ: 5:31pm On Jan 26, 2022
lalasticlala:

https://twitter.com/banillionmedia/status/1486323094243491842?t=TAI7nDklQmmXijJiPO7efg&s=08

It's unfortunate what these hoodlums are subjecting the people to. I almost had a similar occurrence. In my own case, my car was towed. I made enquires and when I got to their office, somewhere in Mushin. I showed the idiots my ID card and I threatened them. They started begging me. Long story short, my connect and ID saved me.
Meanwhile, I saw some other people begging them with money and the idiots were even doing yanga.
Poster, if you're here, demand to see their chairman and ask them to take it to court or you will. Don't beg them. Instead, threaten them.
All of una wey want Tinubu to enter, brace up for more of this abnormalities... He no go even enter ni sef

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 26, 2022
addicted2Christ:

It's unfortunate what these hoodlums are subjecting the people to. I almost had a similar occurrence. In my own case, my car was towed. I made enquires and when I got to their office, somewhere in Mushin. I showed the idiots my ID card and I threatened them. They started begging me. Long story short, my connect and ID saved me.
Meanwhile, I saw some other people begging them with money and the idiots were even doing yanga.
Poster, if you're here, demand to see their chairman and ask them to take it to court or you will. Don't beg them. Instead, threaten them.
All of una wey want Tinubu to enter, brace up for more of this abnormalities... He no go even enter ni sef

What I was about to advise OP concerning his Lamentations. Just be a Powerful Person or Have Powerful People Connect If you find yourself In shiiiithole. No uniformed or so whatever Idiots will try rubbish with you except you pass your boundaries and made It too obvious which a reasonable powerful person will never do. They will even be begging and saluting you, Shun Sir, Sorry Sir, Fvcking Bastards. Nigerians are generally Evil People. It's not a place of gentle and reasonable humans.....
Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by Sheuns(m): 5:34pm On Jan 26, 2022
These guys don arrest me and my guys before at Sabo. They wear pink and black. Same amount they asked us to pay, we just called someone in the governor’s office then and he told us to give them 2k. The guys were pained that day ehn. After we left, we drove back to that spot and embarrassed those guys. Ever since then I no see them for that spot again till this day. This happened in 2016.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by symbianDON(m): 5:35pm On Jan 26, 2022
Driving in Lagos is hectic...not only because of the traffic but also because of threats from uniformed hoodlums and their plain-clothes criminal partners.
Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by FuckDModz: 5:35pm On Jan 26, 2022
He should pay and stop making noise.
Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by Xhurskid: 5:37pm On Jan 26, 2022
Why did he passed one way
... Can u do that in America
Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by Solofresh2: 5:38pm On Jan 26, 2022
Okay.... next
Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 26, 2022
Xhurskid:
There was no signage indicating it’s one way which is an obvious scam in this country. If you own a car and live in Nigeria you should know this.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by jahlove4jah: 5:43pm On Jan 26, 2022
Romanoff:
How much e dey make?

Reminds me of one time I was passing Mabushi express, a VIO gang intercepted this taxi driver and were obviously trying to impound his car.

Na so baba climb on top him car begin comot cloth o.

Only God knows how the matter ended.
.This guys are making things more and more difficult for people.
Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by Benchilwell: 5:43pm On Jan 26, 2022
FuckDModz:
He should pay and stop making noise.
see ur mouth like he should pay because u are not affected
Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by blackaxe78: 5:45pm On Jan 26, 2022
Sad!
Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by Bamzyriches451: 5:47pm On Jan 26, 2022
Werey
Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 26, 2022
Whenever you hear most of those bastards civil servant chanting they have not being paid 2years salary and arrears and you Just start to wonder how they are still managing to go to work and surviving. This Is what they do and how they survive.....

1 Like

Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jan 26, 2022
Lastma/Vio is the most heartless and useless piece of crap ever existed, I hate them passionately and wish they all have miserable lives.
Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by layinzomo89: 5:53pm On Jan 26, 2022
puhahahhh...
9ja for real
Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by jahlove4jah: 5:54pm On Jan 26, 2022
grossintel:
There was no signage indicating it’s one way which is an obvious scam in this country. If you own a car and live in Nigeria you should know this.
. There are no proper signage in this country. The task force or law enforcement agencies are just taking undue advantage of the less privileged Nigerians. If it is an elite, they are the once that will clear the road for them to drive against the traffic. At the popular Rumokoro roundabout, the police once allowed a taxi driver to make a u-rurn with out using the roundabout as a result of heavy traffic. Immediately I followed him, the same police came to halt me. I told him that he should just allow me to follow the taxi man to avoid creating a scene. The thing is, don't wind down your glasses and zoom off if the road is clear. Most of them will always extort.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by Wazobia2216: 5:56pm On Jan 26, 2022
lalasticlala:

No signage stating that there was no left turn allowed. To be on the safe side we thought to ask someone along the road if it was one-way or to even help describe to us where the police station is situated...

While still making enquiries, suddenly a yellow bus intercepted our car and was instructed to wind down my glass... Which I did and they opened the car door, removed my car key and told me to step out of the car...

https://twitter.com/banillionmedia/status/1486323094243491842?t=TAI7nDklQmmXijJiPO7efg&s=08
You can imagine their reply! "You are suppose to know!" Know what

You be winch

You are a victim of a corrupt system!

These wicked people hide this signage where it will not be seen easily so that they can extort money from hardworking Nigerians!

So don't even bother asking them to take you there!

It happened to someone I know!
Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by obembet(f): 5:56pm On Jan 26, 2022
Welcome development. Supposing he has cause serious accident and someone die in the process, that's when must of you here will blame him.
Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by Havertz10: 5:56pm On Jan 26, 2022
Adabar:
How can the name of the apprehending officer be dept? Bros, shine your eyes oh. That receipt is easy to print. Please don't be winding down like that for anyone except the person has a gun-
honestly, he messed up, I will never release my key, no matter what.
Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by FuckDModz: 5:57pm On Jan 26, 2022
Benchilwell:
see ur mouth like he should pay because u are not affected

That's the only way to return sanity to our roads.

Run one way and get your vehicle impounded!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by virginchaser(m): 5:59pm On Jan 26, 2022
...trying so hard to make legitimate living.

You made it looks as if it is easy to make it illegitimately. Meanwhile, negative vibe has it's consequence.

Back to the topic, you are wrong to find yourself driving against traffic.

Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by DabuIIIT: 5:59pm On Jan 26, 2022
I think everyone driving a car in Lagos should just abadon their vehicles at home,it's getting too much.
Lastma are equally worse..those guys are so roguish the moment they catch a rat,you see all of them abadon the road and rush to the rat to see and know how much they gonna fleece from the victim...every driver is going thru hell in Lagos including the danfo drivers..so bad.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by Eriokanmi: 6:00pm On Jan 26, 2022
They've set their traps everywhere. Instead of them correcting you in case you're entering a one-way unintentionally, they'd hide somewhere and once you enter, they'd surface from nowhere and stop you. Lastma officials do this a lot. Some signposts on which road signs are hung would deliberately be hidden by them, so that unsuspecting motorists would see it. By the time you now enter their web, they'd now take you to a distance where the sign is hidden.
....and they think whatever they use the money for shall prosper ? Laye!
Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by nihinlade(m): 6:01pm On Jan 26, 2022
Hmm Lagos. Reason why I always don't go out with my car to a route I am not familiar with.
Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by SeriouslySense(m): 6:02pm On Jan 26, 2022
Thylord:
Keep tagging all the necessary agencies involve.and ask to charge to their mobile court if you are very sure that you did not ply one way.

My people of Nigeria,I present to you,your next presido, [s]young, strong and energetic.
The commander in chief of every every[/s].
Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by sukkot: 6:04pm On Jan 26, 2022
nigga just pay up and move on with your life. its only 25k

hmmm things i can buy with 25k

i can buy 250 bottles of coke
i can eat at KFC like 8 times
i can buy 3 brand new tires
i can buy 2 table fans
i can buy a small fridge
i can buy i pass my neighbor generator

1 Like

Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by t2luv1: 6:05pm On Jan 26, 2022
Adabar:
How can the name of the apprehending officer be dept? Bros, shine your eyes oh. That receipt is easy to print. Please don't be winding down like that for anyone except the person has a gun-

Question: When stop by the police in that country, why do the police have to enter one's car? It happened to me last time I was in Nigeria some 6 yrs ago, I went crazy off the officers they were lucky I was in Nigeria and not carrying a gun. I was beyond myself. No police officer will ever pull a stunt like that in the US. I guess the way I went off must have had an effect on them because after a while of going back and forth and showing them my international drivers license they just got out of my car and went their merry way
Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by linearity: 6:05pm On Jan 26, 2022
Xhurskid:

In America, it will be clearly marked as one way, start with big bold red sign at the entrance saying DO NOT ENTER, with a cross on it, in case you can read English….

then along the road, you will see signs saying WRONG WAY….

Also all vehicles parked along that road on both sides will be facing one way…

Also, in some streets they will further paint the road to indicate one way!

It is the duty of the State/Town to ensure that those signs are always there and maintained.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by joyandfaith: 6:08pm On Jan 26, 2022
lalasticlala:

They are criminals. It is only mad people that can survive Tinubu Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

13 Killed In Ghastly Motor Accident In Katsina / Unidentified Man Killed After Being Knocked Down By Car In Rivers State. Photos / African Countries Use Exorbitant Charges To Frustrate Air Peace — Onyema

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.