Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,515 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Have You Ever Written Government Official A Letter And Received A Response? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Have You Ever Written Government Official A Letter And Received A Response? (364 Views)

Norway Prime Minister Described As ‘Nigeria Government Official’ By Twitter / Gunmen Assassinate Malam Dauda, Kaduna Government Official / Anti-Buhari Protesters Slap Nigerian Government Official In US (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Written Government Official A Letter And Received A Response? by God1000(m): 5:28pm On Jan 26, 2022
This is very common and feasible In developed countries, but it is a tall order in developing countries like naija, Cameroon, Kenya, Ghana etc.

I remember I wrote governor seyi makinde of oyo state a letter in 2020 during covid lockdown, I went to his office but I wasn't allowed to see him and his Chief of staff so I dropped a letter waiting for a reply, but it never
came.

In advanced countries, you can write a president or governor a letter and get a reply with their signature indicating they read your letter.

US president Barack Obama replied so many Americans that sent him letters during his time in office.

Here in Nigeria, you will be prevented from seeing government officials you elected, their security guards and aides are just too overzealous and rude, they won't deliver your message unless you are a glitterati.

Seun, lalasticlala, myn44 your attention is needed here
Re: Have You Ever Written Government Official A Letter And Received A Response? by Kriss216: 5:30pm On Jan 26, 2022
The last guy that tried to submit a letter to Hope Uzodimma in Government house;

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Written Government Official A Letter And Received A Response? by God1000(m): 5:35pm On Jan 26, 2022
Kriss216:
The last guy that tried to submit a letter to Hope Uzodimma in Government house;
lol, funny
Re: Have You Ever Written Government Official A Letter And Received A Response? by Michelle70(m): 5:36pm On Jan 26, 2022
Wait, 2023 is close.
Its the season when politicians will fry akara with the citizens, eat corn on the road. Don't loose that chance if u want to see govt officials

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Written Government Official A Letter And Received A Response? by God1000(m): 5:42pm On Jan 26, 2022
Michelle70:
Wait, 2023 is close.
Its the season when politicians will fry akara with the citizens, eat corn on the road. Don't loose that chance if u want to see govt officials
exactly, they will drop their egos this time and mingle with people just to get what they want.
Re: Have You Ever Written Government Official A Letter And Received A Response? by psucc(m): 5:46pm On Jan 26, 2022
Here in Akwa Ibom, it is hard to reach a commissioner except you reach agreement (sharing formula) with one or two aides.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Written Government Official A Letter And Received A Response? by God1000(m): 5:51pm On Jan 26, 2022
psucc:
Here in Akwa Ibom, it is hard to reach a commissioner except you reach agreement (sharing formula) with one or two aides.
we are not practising democracy at all
Re: Have You Ever Written Government Official A Letter And Received A Response? by Panda7(m): 5:59pm On Jan 26, 2022
Nay, even the government agencies mail address doesn't even work.
Re: Have You Ever Written Government Official A Letter And Received A Response? by God1000(m): 6:25pm On Jan 26, 2022
Panda7:
Nay, even the government agencies mail address doesn't even work.
nothing works in Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Civil War-Any1 Read Alabi-isama"The Tragedy Of Victory"?I Want My $ & Time Back! / 2023 Election And State Of Nation By Sanusi Muhammad / Buhari May Sign Electoral Bill Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.