Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

It's A Disgrace The Nigerian Professional Football League Is Not On Tv - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / It's A Disgrace The Nigerian Professional Football League Is Not On Tv (681 Views)

Bet9ja Officially Partners With The Nigerian Professional Football League (NPFL) / Nigeria Professional Football League Table After Week 8 Sunday Games / Plateau United Is New Champion Of The Nigerian Professional Football League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's A Disgrace The Nigerian Professional Football League Is Not On Tv by guobe: 6:25pm On Jan 27, 2022
This is year 2022 and the Nigerian professional football league is still not on TV as people cannot watch live matches on TV and even when it is shown it is epileptic and may be shown by one TV station that you watch and all your eyes will be paining you.The TV station starts with N if you say T A na you sabi.Its a big disgrace that our national league is not broadcasted live for even Nigerians to watch and enjoy talkless of other countries.What the people running our football know best is to wear white agbada and be junketting globally going to places that are not fruitful.More than thirty years ago Nigerian league matches were shown on TV week in week out and I was able to watch these matches even as a kid.The Ministry of sports ,the NFF and the league management company should put on their thinking cap and do something.If a country like Ethiopia can have its matches shown on dstv,what is stopping the so called giant of Africa.A 100 billion naira fund can be launched to put the Nigerian league on TV and I feel industries and major brands in Nigeria will support this.Remo stars is currently doing well and topping the Nigerian league and in an unbeaten run so far and most football followers in Nigeria don't know a single player likewise Rivers United of portharcourt.Its long overdue for Nigeria football league matches to be On TV.credit uyimarshal@yahoo.com
Re: It's A Disgrace The Nigerian Professional Football League Is Not On Tv by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 27, 2022
We are not in South Africa
Re: It's A Disgrace The Nigerian Professional Football League Is Not On Tv by guobe: 6:33pm On Jan 27, 2022
YinkaOlusesi:
We are not in South Africa
lol I was in southAfrica about two years ago,South Africa is finer than some European countries talkless of Nigeria,South Africa facilities are first-class,so please no loud that statement at all.The South African rand currency is very strong.I did not see rickety cars in South Afrixa.guy abeg no let me talk.
Re: It's A Disgrace The Nigerian Professional Football League Is Not On Tv by HarlequinLekex: 6:35pm On Jan 27, 2022
Ehn na dem sabi when players start leaving the country and performing in europe,Dare Sunday will now start calling them to represent The so called GI.O.A

1 Like

Re: It's A Disgrace The Nigerian Professional Football League Is Not On Tv by uthlaw: 6:38pm On Jan 27, 2022
Who TV go put a home win league on there station!
Re: It's A Disgrace The Nigerian Professional Football League Is Not On Tv by guobe: 6:40pm On Jan 27, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
Ehn na dem sabi when players start leaving the country and performing in europe,Dare Sunday will now start calling them to represent The so called GI.O.A
They believe in already made players,see this last nations Cup I knew the super Eagles will fail because our professional players are not ready to go hard,our league players are hard and they want to make name,they are ready to kill,at least six players are suppose to be in that team but paddy paddy will not allow them

1 Like

Re: It's A Disgrace The Nigerian Professional Football League Is Not On Tv by guobe: 6:42pm On Jan 27, 2022
uthlaw:
Who TV go put a home win league on there station!
over boy if you play home must win for Nigerian league now you go loose,just try am this weekend games,remo stars,rivers united have not lost this season,rivers united won 3 nil at mfm lagos,remo won at mfm and wikki tourist Bauchi.
Re: It's A Disgrace The Nigerian Professional Football League Is Not On Tv by uthlaw: 6:48pm On Jan 27, 2022
guobe:
over boy if you play home must win for Nigerian league now you go loose,just try am this weekend games,remo stars,rivers united have not lost this season,rivers united won 3 nil at mfm lagos,remo won at mfm and wikki tourist Bauchi.
d league don de change b dat!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It's A Disgrace The Nigerian Professional Football League Is Not On Tv by fattprince(m): 7:09pm On Jan 27, 2022
uthlaw:
d league don de change b dat!
Don't mind that guy. Though away wins but home still win 60% week games. The only difference I see is they score goals now, unlike 1-0 0-0 before.
Re: It's A Disgrace The Nigerian Professional Football League Is Not On Tv by guobe: 7:37pm On Jan 27, 2022
fattprince:

Don't mind that guy. Though away wins but home still win 60% week games. The only difference I see is they score goals now, unlike 1-0 0-0 before.
with home winning 60 percent can you use it to win your bets,in England and other major leagues home still win 50 to 60 percent,as a team I won't allow you to beat me in my house ,even mancity could not win in Southampton last week.
Re: It's A Disgrace The Nigerian Professional Football League Is Not On Tv by fattprince(m): 8:14pm On Jan 27, 2022
guobe:
with home winning 60 percent can you use it to win your bets,in England and other major leagues home still win 50 to 60 percent,as a team I won't allow you to beat me in my house ,even mancity could not win in Southampton last week.
Bro, home won 60% is different from home didn't lose 60%, you get it now? In England you hardly see home win 60%. Sometimes you see over 3 away win 3 draws and 4 or 3 home win. Anytime you see 50% home win then that week big teams at least 3 out of 6 played at home And in Nigerian league you still see less than 20% of home winning in a match week. So it's home 60-70 and draw of you see at most 2 away wins and 2 draws the rest home win.
Re: It's A Disgrace The Nigerian Professional Football League Is Not On Tv by fattprince(m): 8:20pm On Jan 27, 2022
guobe:
I apologize though for using those words. But trust me from the odds you will know. Man City still received less than 30% returns for a win ie less than 1.30 but in Nigeria league lowest away will receive is 2.30. that's like once in blue moon.

1 Like

Re: It's A Disgrace The Nigerian Professional Football League Is Not On Tv by guobe: 2:34am On Jan 28, 2022
fattprince:

I apologize though for using those words. But trust me from the odds you will know. Man City still received less than 30% returns for a win ie less than 1.30 but in Nigeria league lowest away will receive is 2.30. that's like once in blue moon.
Nigerian football league has its own playing peculiarity and this is ours,what we should be concerned about is the playing pattern,has it improved and what should be done to improve it and how do we put our soccer matches on TV.
Re: It's A Disgrace The Nigerian Professional Football League Is Not On Tv by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:10am On Jan 28, 2022
nobody wanna invest in that poor league... the day someone does, thats when they will have money to invest in TV crew, cameras etc
Re: It's A Disgrace The Nigerian Professional Football League Is Not On Tv by guobe: 4:14am On Jan 28, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
nobody wanna invest in that poor league... the day someone does, thats when they will have money to invest in TV crew, cameras etc
just give Don jazzy the right to turn the league around and see wonders,we will go global,the truth of the matter is that the cabals over there like it the way it is,theirs is just to embezzle money and not being innovative.
Re: It's A Disgrace The Nigerian Professional Football League Is Not On Tv by fattprince(m): 7:23am On Jan 28, 2022
guobe:
Nigerian football league has its own playing peculiarity and this is ours,what we should be concerned about is the playing pattern,has it improved and what should be done to improve it and how do we put our soccer matches on TV.
Oh, if it's the bolded, it really has. Boring goalless draws are very scarce nowadays. It's really improved and I believe it should be air on tv too. But I think they don't want to do that so as not to reduce audience that come to the stadium to watch the matches live.
Re: It's A Disgrace The Nigerian Professional Football League Is Not On Tv by guobe: 7:46am On Jan 28, 2022
fattprince:

Oh, if it's the bolded, it really has. Boring goalless draws are very scarce nowadays. It's really improved and I believe it should be air on tv too. But I think they don't want to do that so as not to reduce audience that come to the stadium to watch the matches live.
well that's another nice angle when looking at it but in other leagues across the globe ,putting matches on TV does not reduce the number of people coming to the stadium.personally I prefer watching matches in the stadium than TV,the serene is different,the razzmatazz of the fans alone is mindblowing.
Re: It's A Disgrace The Nigerian Professional Football League Is Not On Tv by fattprince(m): 8:11am On Jan 28, 2022
guobe:
well that's another nice angle when looking at it but in other leagues across the globe ,putting matches on TV does not reduce the number of people coming to the stadium.personally I prefer watching matches in the stadium than TV,the serene is different,the razzmatazz of the fans alone is mindblowing.
Bro!!!!!! You making me laugh with this your post. Comparing other countries to Nigeria.
Spain and England ticket around $150-500 attendance is still 8000+ for the lowest attendance for an average club side while Nigeria is I think MFM collects around 200 for their smallest ticket and still attendance never enter 1000. Theirs is passion that's why you hear fans die, injure but ours is just for entertainment though there's always rule of exception.
Re: It's A Disgrace The Nigerian Professional Football League Is Not On Tv by guobe: 9:01am On Jan 28, 2022
fattprince:

Bro!!!!!! You making me laugh with this your post. Comparing other countries to Nigeria.
Spain and England ticket around $150-500 attendance is still 8000+ for the lowest attendance for an average club side while Nigeria is I think MFM collects around 200 for their smallest ticket and still attendance never enter 1000. Theirs is passion that's why you hear fans die, injure but ours is just for entertainment though there's always rule of exception.
mfm fc does not have a huge fan base,talk about teams like kano pillars fc,shooting stars fc and even remo stars who do stream their matches live,their fans will always troop in to the stadium to watch and support them live even if the matches are shown on TV.These teams have very huge and diehard fans.
Re: It's A Disgrace The Nigerian Professional Football League Is Not On Tv by fattprince(m): 9:26am On Jan 28, 2022
guobe:
mfm fc does not have a huge fan base,talk about teams like kano pillars fc,shooting stars fc and even remo stars who do stream their matches live,their fans will always troop in to the stadium to watch and support them live even if the matches are shown on TV.These teams have very huge and diehard fans.
Okay. It's seems you know much about Nigeria league and it will be nonsensical of me to argue seeing that all I know is from livescores and when they show highlights during sport news on LTV. But trust me the administrators wouldn't do all you are saying because it will somehow reduce money to be embezzled.
Re: It's A Disgrace The Nigerian Professional Football League Is Not On Tv by guobe: 9:37am On Jan 28, 2022
fattprince:

Okay. It's seems you know much about Nigeria league and it will be nonsensical of me to argue seeing that all I know is from livescores and when they show highlights during sport news on LTV. But trust me the administrators wouldn't do all you are saying because it will somehow reduce money to be embezzled.
now you are talking but as youths we have to change the narratives.Vandrezzer fc is a privately owned club in the Nigerian national league that is division Two are doing brilliantly in terms of innovations in football,the club is well run and the administration is superb,the person running vandrezzer should be made to head the league management company in Nigeria if you won't see changes.They won't agree as there is already a cabal there destroying our football for their selfish interest.

1 Like

Re: It's A Disgrace The Nigerian Professional Football League Is Not On Tv by guobe: 9:15am On Jan 30, 2022
#putnpflontv

(1) (Reply)

Just Like Arsenal, Dortmund Are Also League Bottlers / 20 Days Of 1.30 Odds Rollover With 300h To Make 56,800 / 100m Hurdles, Amusan Loses World Title To Jamaica’s Williams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.