Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,273 members, 7,829,611 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? (2016 Views)

See Why Religion Will Die As People Get More Intelligent. / Are Atheists Smarter Than Believers? / The More Intelligent A Child Is,the More Likely It'll Abandon Religion-newstudy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by hupernikao: 10:47pm On Jan 29, 2022
Workch:
should we use Sunday school class test to reach a conclusion that is meant to measure intelligence quotient?

You are the jury and the judge, so decide. I am only at your service. As you talk am, nah so it is. grin

But I hopeful hope that this your acclaimed high IQ is beyond paper and test, that you are using it to transform your business, work environment and people around you. The result of IQ is not on nairaland or online test it is found in your impact and relationship with others.
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by tctrills: 10:55pm On Jan 29, 2022
Workch:
Well, I don't mean to insult you. It's just clear that atheistd are averagely smarter, there are plethora of studies that proves it
ok
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by Workch: 11:57pm On Jan 29, 2022
hupernikao:

You are the jury and the judge, so decide. I am only at your service. As you talk am, nah so it is. grin

But I hopeful hope that this your acclaimed high IQ is beyond paper and test, that you are using it to transform your business, work environment and people around you. The result of IQ is not on nairaland or online test it is found in your impact and relationship with others.
IQ doesn't mean you wont do well in your particular business. If you had an IQ above average, you would figure that out.
Low IQ means you will struggles when matters that has to do with critical reasoning confront you, it doesn't mean that you can't do well in a business you have learned or do well in jobs requiring directives.

You keep proving this study right with every post you make that theists are on the average less intelligent. You don't even know how IQ work

1 Like

Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by CoolUsername: 2:44pm On Jan 30, 2022
Workch:
It's not bragging, it's reality which is hard to swallow.

It takes an IQ above average to be able to question religion and this doesn't mean that we don't have extraordinarily smart religious people, it only proves that religion is most likely harboring the extremely stupid set of people in the society. We have seen that consistently in their inability to grasp basic concepts.
Religion is also a heaven for conspiracy theories because it harbors the most irrational people in the society.

This is a massive reddit moment you're having right here. I'm an atheist and there are religious people that I'm smarter than. Likewise, there are those who are smarter than me.

I didn't suddenly become smarter than I used to be once I started questioning religion. Also, there are atheists who fall into the same logical pitfalls that you believe only religious people fall into.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by Workch: 5:26pm On Jan 30, 2022
CoolUsername:

This is a massive reddit moment you're having right here. I'm an atheist and there are religious people that I'm smarter than. Likewise, there are those who are smarter than me.

I didn't suddenly become smarter than I used to be once I started questioning religion. Also, there are atheists who fall into the same logical pitfalls that you believe only religious people fall into.
how come you find it hard to understand the word "average"?
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by CoolUsername: 7:06pm On Jan 30, 2022
Workch:
how come you find it hard to understand the word "average"?

So what? Even if its true that on average atheists score higher on IQ tests, it's pure cringe to be posting it online to our en religious people.

"People who boast about their IQ are losers."
—Stephen Hawking (2004)
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by Workch: 8:34pm On Jan 30, 2022
CoolUsername:

So what? Even if its true that on average atheists score higher on IQ tests, it's pure cringe to be posting it online to our en religious people.

"People who boast about their IQ are losers."
—Stephen Hawking (2004)
where should I post it, on your door?
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by CoolUsername: 9:38pm On Jan 30, 2022
Workch:
where should I post it, on your door?

Tattoo it on your forehead
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by Workch: 9:54pm On Jan 30, 2022
CoolUsername:

Tattoo it on your forehead
ok I will
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by hupernikao: 1:47pm On Feb 01, 2022
Workch:
IQ doesn't mean you wont do well in your particular business. If you had an IQ above average, you would figure that out.
Low IQ means you will struggles when matters that has to do with critical reasoning confront you, it doesn't mean that you can't do well in a business you have learned or do well in jobs requiring directives.

You keep proving this study right with every post you make that theists are on the average less intelligent. You don't even know how IQ work

I guess you are speaking of selling garri as business or selling data?

I doubt if you run a "business" nor be around top strategist who have assignment of scaling businesses since you think critical think starts and end in atheist and theist argument.

You will surely do well in skitting. grin grin
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by LordReed(m): 8:28pm On Feb 01, 2022
hupernikao:

@LordReed we once discussed this. That so called atheist always claim to be higher in intelligence but you said you never read that before on NL. Now you have it. Prof Workch has done it again. grin

I had to go searching for the previous discussion in other to respond to this. Turns out what you said was "I thought they said atheists were full of knowledge" so please relate it to the OP.
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by hupernikao: 6:53pm On Feb 02, 2022
LordReed:

I had to go searching for the previous discussion in other to respond to this. Turns out what you said was "I thought they said atheists were full of knowledge" so please relate it to the OP.

grin grin

You need to read through the thread you quoted above and see our discussion. It was premised on that fact that, Some atheist claim that their intelligent is superior to the theist because they aren't religious. But you claimed you haven't seen such before. Now I have shown you one here.
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by LordReed(m): 7:49pm On Feb 02, 2022
hupernikao:

grin grin

You need to read through the thread you quoted above and see our discussion. It was premised on that fact that, Some atheist claim that their intelligent is superior to the theist because they aren't religious. But you claimed you haven't seen such before. Now I have shown you one here.

I think you need to reread the thread because I didn't say that.
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by Sammie0000: 8:37pm On Feb 02, 2022
First of all "Averagely" is not a word, secondly please supply us with actual statistics. which board carried out a survey and came up with this conclusion?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by Workch: 8:42pm On Feb 02, 2022
Sammie0000:
First of all "Averagely" is not a word, secondly please supply us with actual statistics. which board carried out a survey and came up with this conclusion?
this dude knows english better than Cambridge. Lol cheesy

And if you want data, carefully go through the thread

Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by BRATISLAVA: 10:44pm On Feb 02, 2022
Shocking allegations.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by BRATISLAVA: 10:49pm On Feb 02, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
You're welcomed dear.

The welfare of our Master's sheep is very important to us, that's why we do our best to guide them, and pray for them everyday so they'd remain on course and not go astray, and you're His sheep, aren't you?

So it's no big deal... I'm just doing my job.

However you have to also do yours and try and stay on track, so that our job would be made easier.

God bless u too sis.

Thank you, really, for checking up on me.

Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:02am On Feb 03, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

Thank you, really, for checking up on me.

Keep it up.
Thank you too.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:07am On Feb 03, 2022
BRATISLAVA:
Shocking allegations.
Don't mind them jare.... With their phantom intelligence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by hupernikao: 10:36am On Feb 05, 2022
LordReed:

I think you need to reread the thread because I didn't say that.

Brother LordReed. Kindly reread the thread.
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by LordReed(m): 11:59am On Feb 05, 2022
hupernikao:

Brother LordReed. Kindly reread the thread.

Dude quote where I said what you said I did. Here is you saying what I said you did:

hupernikao:

I thought they said atheist are full of knowledge,
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by kingxsamz(m): 6:48pm On Feb 05, 2022
People are intelligent in different ways and in different areas of life, whether theist or not. But when it comes to religion, faith and beliefs, theists tend to throw away logic. Most of the things they say could make one doubt their intelligence.
So I'd say, religious folks are less intelligent when their beliefs are involved.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:04pm On Feb 05, 2022
When two men (politicians) comes out saying they want to fight for the right of their people (less privileged) instead of handling them boxing gloves and taking them to the boxing ring. The less privileged will pick up weapons in support of either sides and start killing one another while those who claimed they're fighting are in the club popping champagne!

Who are the intelligent ones that's not carrying weapons against one another in support of this liars?

Well that is what intelligence truly means! wink
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by hupernikao: 1:51am On Feb 06, 2022
LordReed:

Dude quote where I said what you said I did. Here is you saying what I said you did:

I can literally repeat discussions had, things I said or wrote even 10 years after,
So i don't have to, be searching through post to justify what I am sure of. But If you claim it's not true, I believe you.
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by LordReed(m): 5:58am On Feb 06, 2022
hupernikao:

I can literally repeat discussions had, things I said or wrote even 10 years after,
So i don't have to, be searching through post to justify what I am sure of. But If you claim it's not true, I believe you.

LoL! Yeah sure let's rely on your fuzzy memory when the literal written words are still available. I am not asking for you to believe, go quote me saying what you said but of course you can't because I didn't.
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by Nobody: 6:13am On Feb 06, 2022
Bacteriologist:

After i left religion, I now understand the value of logic and critical thinking. Which I would have looked down upon if I wasotherwise still very religious.

I don't know. I haven't left religion and I still think logically and critically.

A pastor says, "Everybody wear white to Church next Sunday because it's Easter", I question it. What's the rationale behind it before you initiate me into witchcraft grin
A pastor says, "Bring a hefty offering to Church next week. We will use it to redeem our souls" I question it. I ask if Jesus blood has expired. Why do we need money to redeem our souls?
A pastor says pray stark naked at midnight. I question it. Won't God hear us fully clothed?

These were true scenarios.

I don't follow blindly. I read the Bible for myself.

But I do see where you are coming from. Only dunces would strip naked before the congregation and allow their pastor's to wash and shave their pubic hair cry

Only dunces would suck their pastor's BJ because he said his semen is holy milk cry

The things some people do in the name of religion beats me sometimes but we can't all be classified under the same umbrella.

It was a professor, a learned man, an atheist, who gave all his pension/life savings to a money doubler, who ran away. A whole professor grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by orisa37: 8:01am On Feb 06, 2022
Judgement of nowhere. It's a Misjudgement.
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by Bacteriologist(m): 9:01am On Feb 06, 2022
grin
PastorMIsBack:

I don't know. I haven't left religion and I still think logically and critically.

If you think critically and logically like you claimed, do you really believe that

1. Donkeys and Snakes can talk?

2. 7 billion people can arise from a Adam and Eve and their two sons?

3. Carnivores and Herbivores coexisted in the same boat for years?

I could go on..if you're a critical thinker how have you examined the anonymous authors of the Bible and the fact that the book was written many years after the said events occurred?

Can you share how have you been a le to reconcile this with your "logical thinking?"
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by hupernikao: 9:51am On Feb 07, 2022
LordReed:

LoL! Yeah sure let's rely on your fuzzy memory when the literal written words are still available. I am not asking for you to believe, go quote me saying what you said but of course you can't because I didn't.

Well, you can create the time to look for the thread if you feel much to prove this. I am not in the trade to prove a point that already existed. I don't struggle to accept that you are right even when it's obvious you aren't at least for the sake of allowing you not to miss your dinner grin
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by LordReed(m): 9:53am On Feb 07, 2022
hupernikao:

Well, you can create the time to look for the thread if you feel much to prove this. I am not in the trade to prove a point that already existed. I don't struggle to accept that you are right even when it's obvious you aren't but for the sake of allowing you not to miss your dinner grin

I already quoted your exact words from the thread, it's now up to you to quote my exact words from that thread. Don't act the ostrich and think you are cute, you aren't.
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by LordReed(m): 9:58am On Feb 07, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

A pastor says, "Everybody wear white to Church next Sunday because it's Easter", I question it. What's the rationale behind it before you initiate me into witchcraft grin
A pastor says, "Bring a hefty offering to Church next week. We will use it to redeem our souls" I question it. I ask if Jesus blood has expired. Why do we need money to redeem our souls?
A pastor says pray stark naked at midnight. I question it. Won't God hear us fully clothed?

These were true scenarios.

But I do see where you are coming from. Only dunces would strip naked before the congregation and allow their pastor's to wash and shave their pubic hair cry

Only dunces would suck their pastor's BJ because he said his semen is holy milk cry

The things some people do in the name of religion beats me sometimes but we can't all be classified under the same umbrella.

It was a professor, a learned man, an atheist, who gave all his pension/life savings to a money doubler, who ran away. A whole professor grin

This is one of the reasons I like you, you are quite reasonable even if I don't agree or believe as you do. It is baffling how people loose all sense of proportion in the name of religion.
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by hupernikao: 9:59am On Feb 07, 2022
LordReed:

I already quoted your exact words from the thread, it's now up to you to quote my exact words from that thread. Don't act the ostrich and think you are cute, you aren't.

Well the cuteness depends on who is looking. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Theist Jewish Scientist Daniel Shechtman Wins 2011 Nobel Prize In Chemistry / How To Talk To A Religiious Fundamentalist / Mozat Is Connected To Anti-christ (666)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.