Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,426 members, 7,830,135 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? (2021 Views)

See Why Religion Will Die As People Get More Intelligent. / Are Atheists Smarter Than Believers? / The More Intelligent A Child Is,the More Likely It'll Abandon Religion-newstudy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:26pm On Jan 28, 2022
Bacteriologist:
I don't think being an atheist or theist makes you "more" or less intelligent per se.

I think the intelligence is always there. But in the absence of superstition and other thinking processes that rely on mythology and other ineffective systems, you are able to make use of the tools that have proven to work.

After i left FALSE religion, I now understand the value of logic and critical thinking. Which I would have looked down upon if I wasotherwise still very religious.

It's not about a spike in your IQ because you stopped believing. It's about a more frequent use of effective thinking processes and methods.

True religion is 5&6 with critical thinking skills! smiley
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by BRATISLAVA: 5:36pm On Jan 28, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Lol! They think they know when they don't.

I'm good oh thanks. I hope you're fine too.

Nice to have you back.

Thanks for checking up on me. It means a lot. I am touched.

Let me catch up on everything happening here. smiley

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by LordReed(m): 6:19pm On Jan 28, 2022
jesusjnr2020:

Nice to have you back.

Says the guy quoting Einstein as though Einstein and Newton had similar beliefs.
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by KnownUnknown: 6:59pm On Jan 28, 2022
LordReed:

Einstein subscribed to Spinoza's philosophy which can be summarised as the universe is god because the universe is all there is.

The truth of the matter is that “Spinoza’s God” is the God of Moses, The God of the Magis, and it is all of the trinities. They are all talking about “the heavens”.
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by hupernikao: 8:05pm On Jan 28, 2022
Workch:
Several Studies have shown that atheists/agnostics on the "average" always score higher in IQ tests than theists and that more than 90% of affluent science professors are atheists (we can't argue that scientists are the most intelligent set of people in the world)

Some of the studies shows that, theists do badly in tests that involves critical reasoning and logic and that's alot of them don't do well is science hence they really do not understand the world around them. It was suggested that they rely more on intuition in reaching conclusions than critical reasoning and sound logic.

The question is: Does a belief in god make one less intelligent or are the less intelligent people more likely to accept a believe in God?

You must truly be a funny person in real life. Why not start a comedy skit. grin grin
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by hupernikao: 8:07pm On Jan 28, 2022
Workch:
Several Studies have shown that atheists/agnostics on the "average" always score higher in IQ tests than theists and that more than 90% of affluent science professors are atheists (we can't argue that scientists are the most intelligent set of people in the world)

Some of the studies shows that, theists do badly in tests that involves critical reasoning and logic and that's alot of them don't do well is science hence they really do not understand the world around them. It was suggested that they rely more on intuition in reaching conclusions than critical reasoning and sound logic.

The question is: Does a belief in god make one less intelligent or are the less intelligent people more likely to accept a believe in God?

@LordReed we once discussed this. That so called atheist always claim to be higher in intelligence but you said you never read that before on NL. Now you have it. Prof Workch has done it again. grin
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by Workch: 8:52pm On Jan 28, 2022
hupernikao:

@LordReed we once discussed this. That so called atheist always claim to be higher in intelligence but you said you never read that before on NL. Now you have it. Prof Workch has done it again. grin
It's not a claim, study upon studies have proven that atheist score higher in IQ tests than average theists.
You can deny it all you want but facts don't respect opinions. You need to be smart above average to disbelief all the nonsense in the Bible.

People below average in intelligence like you are easily swayed to believe without evidence
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by Workch: 8:58pm On Jan 28, 2022
hupernikao:

You must truly be a funny person in real life. Why not start a comedy skit. grin grin
If believers were smart enough. Most top scientists won't be atheists.
You can't believe in talking snake/human pathogenesis and expect to do well in biology or in physics. Your low IQ won't allow you excel in science.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by Workch: 9:03pm On Jan 28, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

God bless you.
Don't you think that it's people with IQ below average that will instantaneously belive the story of a snake talking to Eve?
Someone with a rational brain would probably ask for evidence for that event.

That's how religious people easily fail IQ tests, they are not smart enough to stuffs

1 Like

Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by Workch: 9:06pm On Jan 28, 2022
jesusjnr2020:

Nice to have you back.
It's funny how someone who believes the ridiculous stories of the Bible thinks he has a working Brain cheesy

You can't have an above average IQ and still think the earth was created in 6days, you have to be full of shit peddled by religion to hold such nonsense.

How can you believe that a human can walk on water and expect people to think that you are a smart person?
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by LordReed(m): 10:23pm On Jan 28, 2022
KnownUnknown:

The truth of the matter is that “Spinoza’s God” is the God of Moses, The God of the Magis, and it is all of the trinities. They are all talking about “the heavens”.

That cannot be because Spinoza believed that God is “the sum of the natural and physical laws of the universe and certainly not an individual entity or creator
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by Okd1: 10:29pm On Jan 28, 2022
Mumu keep deceiving yourself.
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by hupernikao: 11:46pm On Jan 28, 2022
Workch:
If believers were smart enough. Most top scientists won't be atheists.
You can't believe in talking snake/human pathogenesis and expect to do well in biology or in physics. Your low IQ won't allow you excel in science.

I believe you. As long as you are joking and catching fun.
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by hupernikao: 11:51pm On Jan 28, 2022
Workch:
It's not a claim, study upon studies have proven that atheist score higher in IQ tests than average theists.
You can deny it all you want but facts don't respect opinions. You need to be smart above average to disbelief all the nonsense in the Bible.

People below average in intelligence like you are easily swayed to believe without evidence

Can I know the basis (research done) on your argument and the field or areas your specimen were tested that is so comprehensive to capture all minds.

Was the research done in area of
Science
Accounting
Education
Agriculture
Politics
Etc

Or you are reading a research done by your society and like minds. cheesy grin
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by Image123(m): 4:10am On Jan 29, 2022
This one dey find consolation prize. He's constantly reminded that the FOOL has said in his heart that there's no God. The biggest Fools open their mouth and hand to say and type it.
Look around you, see your parents, siblings, friends, teachers, professors, supervisors, managers and bosses. All of them are theists, but you foolishly play the ostrich believing in some online articles. Use your God given brain man.
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by Image123(m): 4:27am On Jan 29, 2022
Workch:

Now to your useless research, study and question. We've known this already for more than 2000years, it's laughable that you are still looking for it.

1Co 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

1Co 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty

You may read the verses in between the passage to help your new studies and findings. God doesn't behave like dumb humans who make the important things unaffordable. Humans create a system where what they need is only affordable by few. God makes the most important things like salvation, fellowship, spiritual growth, and Heaven very affordable that nobody has an excuse. You can be the poorest, weakest, dumbest and most neglected persons and still be saved, have fellowship with the Highest, grow up in grace, and of course live eternally with God. If you don't like the system, listen very often to the words of comrade Oshiomole "Go and ..."
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by Workch: 7:20am On Jan 29, 2022
hupernikao:

Can I know the basis (research done) on your argument and the field or areas your specimen were tested that is so comprehensive to capture all minds.

Was the research done in area of
Science
Accounting
Education
Agriculture
Politics
Etc

Or you are reading a research done by your society and like minds. cheesy grin
It's just IQ test, it's not based on any field.
Can't you read? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by Workch: 7:20am On Jan 29, 2022
Image123:
This one dey find consolation prize. He's constantly reminded that the FOOL has said in his heart that there's no God. The biggest Fools open their mouth and hand to say and type it.
Look around you, see your parents, siblings, friends, teachers, professors, supervisors, managers and bosses. All of them are theists, but you foolishly play the ostrich believing in some online articles. Use your God given brain man.
lol cheesy
You can't argue with well-documented studies cheesy
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by Image123(m): 10:13am On Jan 29, 2022
Workch:
lol cheesy
You can't argue with well-documented studies cheesy

You keep arguing in circles with your immediate reality.
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:29am On Jan 29, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

God bless you.
You're welcomed dear.

The welfare of our Master's sheep is very important to us, that's why we do our best to guide them, and pray for them everyday so they'd remain on course and not go astray, and you're His sheep, aren't you?

So it's no big deal... I'm just doing my job.

However you have to also do yours and try and stay on track, so that our job would be made easier.

God bless u too sis.
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by tctrills: 12:36pm On Jan 29, 2022
Workch:

The question is: Does a belief in god make one less intelligent or are the less intelligent people more likely to accept a belief in God?
Please point to the studies. Most of the greatest scientific minds from time have been Men of religion. From the priests of Egypt and Babylon to Isaac Newton much of the world's greatest thinkers had a religious background.
So the studies you claim, how many years back do they go? how far-reaching are they? What variables were considered before coming to such conclusions?

https://digest.bps.org.uk/2018/01/26/are-religious-people-really-less-smart-on-average-than-atheists/
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by tctrills: 12:40pm On Jan 29, 2022
petra1:

Do you know maths more than Adeboye and Kumuyi
Do you law more than Osibanjo .
You need to redefine the word "Inteligence" The world through their study could not find out that they have a creator.

1 Corinthians 1:21 (KJV Strong's)
21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Christ is the embodiment of ALL KNOWLEDGE. Being born again is added advantage.
Adeboye and Kumuyi are not the standards of mathematics even in Nigeria.
For Osibanjo, you have a point, none of us know corruption like that dude. He is the vice president of Nigeria's most corrupt Administration since 1999 according to transparency international.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by Workch: 1:43pm On Jan 29, 2022
tctrills:

Please point to the studies. Most of the greatest scientific minds from time have been Men of religion. From the priests of Egypt and Babylon to Isaac Newton much of the world's greatest thinkers had a religious background.
So the studies you claim, how many years back do they go? how far-reaching are they? What variables were considered before coming to such conclusions?

https://digest.bps.org.uk/2018/01/26/are-religious-people-really-less-smart-on-average-than-atheists/
read through and open all the references to see the studies. Your link is not a study. It's a claim

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religiosity_and_intelligence
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by CoolUsername: 1:52pm On Jan 29, 2022
Bragging about IQ is one of the most pathetic things someone can do. You can be intelligent regardless of your religious belief or lack of.

Great minds and great inventors through history studied, and worked super hard to achieve success in their respective fields. What they didn't do was sit around and talk about how smart they thought they were.
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by killyaselfie: 2:11pm On Jan 29, 2022
I have no dog in this cockfight but it’s funny how the religious love and claim scientists……….until they disagree with science.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by tctrills: 2:44pm On Jan 29, 2022
Workch:
read through and open all the references to see the studies. Your link is not a study. It's a claim

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religiosity_and_intelligence
You did not read it, no one was claiming anything
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by Workch: 8:16pm On Jan 29, 2022
tctrills:

You did not read it, no one was claiming anything
You didn't go to the reference, don't be lazy. Learn to carefully read. However it doesn't mean that every athiest is smarter than every theists, these studies only proves that "by average", religious people tend to be less intelligent than irreligious people and are less successful in IQ tests and any test that has to do with critical reasoning. I mean, no one should be surprised with these result. Religious people make decisions by intuition then by critical reasoning, that's why they believe religious myths spontaneously.

Open the references

Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by Workch: 8:17pm On Jan 29, 2022
CoolUsername:
Bragging about IQ is one of the most pathetic things someone can do. You can be intelligent regardless of your religious belief or lack of.

Great minds and great inventors through history studied, and worked super hard to achieve success in their respective fields. What they didn't do was sit around and talk about how smart they thought they were.
It's not bragging, it's reality which is hard to swallow.

It takes an IQ above average to be able to question religion and this doesn't mean that we don't have extraordinarily smart religious people, it only proves that religion is most likely harboring the extremely stupid set of people in the society. We have seen that consistently in their inability to grasp basic concepts.
Religion is also a heaven for conspiracy theories because it harbors the most irrational people in the society.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by tctrills: 9:24pm On Jan 29, 2022
Workch:
You didn't go to the reference, don't be lazy. Learn to carefully read. However it doesn't mean that every athiest is smarter than every theists, these studies only proves that "by average", religious people tend to be less intelligent than irreligious people and are less successful in IQ tests and any test that has to do with critical reasoning. I mean, no one should be surprised with these result. Religious people make decisions by intuition then by critical reasoning, that's why they believe religious myths spontaneously.

Open the references
Now to personal insults and rudeness. I was going to read your reference but my job comes first you really should mind how you talk to others
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by hupernikao: 9:28pm On Jan 29, 2022
Workch:
It's just IQ test, it's not based on any field.
Can't you read? cheesy

Sorry, it's IQ test you used to come to this your conclusion? What a conclusion
Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by Workch: 10:25pm On Jan 29, 2022
hupernikao:

Sorry, it's IQ test you used to come to this your conclusion? What a conclusion
should we use Sunday school class test to reach a conclusion that is meant to measure intelligence quotient?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Non-believers Averagely More Intelligent Than Believers? by Workch: 10:27pm On Jan 29, 2022
tctrills:

Now to personal insults and rudeness. I was going to read your reference but my job comes first you really should mind how you talk to others
Well, I don't mean to insult you. It's just clear that atheistd are averagely smarter, there are plethora of studies that proves it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Do Not Worry About Tomorrow" - Matthew / I Regret Working In Church / Igbo Traditional Religion: Odinani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.