Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,141 members, 7,821,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Should I Take This Bank Dsa Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Take This Bank Dsa Job? (14063 Views)

How Much Kimberly Ryan Pays Outsourced First Bank DSA / Workforce Union Bank DSA Test Invite. / Bank DSA And Insurance Marketing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Take This Bank Dsa Job? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 29, 2022
I started from DSA 40k salary in 2012 to Full staff in 2013 when I passed the entry level tests. My salary was now 250k to 350k. I worked in the banking industry till 2020. Then now I'm in a federal government job that pays over 1m per month. So take it u will see opportunities while working. Shallom

11 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Bank Dsa Job? by BJanta: 3:26pm On Jan 29, 2022
KulHeadedHuman:
I recently got an offer as dsa with a bank but I'm scared of the targets n all. I'm not so good with marketing and really doubting if it's the right job for me. I need advice pls

Note: It's an outsourced contract job, not full staff

Sooner or later ,they will sack you, and pray, it's not with a sack of debts hanging on your neck.
Re: Should I Take This Bank Dsa Job? by Aktob: 3:27pm On Jan 29, 2022
KulHeadedHuman:
I recently got an offer as dsa with a bank but I'm scared of the targets n all. I'm not so good with marketing and really doubting if it's the right job for me. I need advice pls

My brother, take the offer, life is a risk itself.... Have a positive mindset, rebuke the heart of I can't.
Re: Should I Take This Bank Dsa Job? by Nyanabo(m): 3:30pm On Jan 29, 2022
Daytonbale:
Bros am a DSE in of the bank too I earned 6 digits salary Every month the 6 digits salary include my fix pay which is 50k and my variables which 140k that's 190k every month, nothing wrong with you being a DSE

Is 190k six digit salary ? Or has the mean of six digits changed with buhari's regime ? undecided
Re: Should I Take This Bank Dsa Job? by kachistone: 3:36pm On Jan 29, 2022
Germi9:

No no thats a bad advise,encourage him to go for it.Let me tell you what my friend did, he got a marketing job with one of these new generation bank after we passed out from nysc, dude will go to work and come back home by eleven oclock and sleep giving the bank an impression that he is in the field working ,month end he will collect his pay ..na so baba take gather bank money buy uber japa

Your friend didn't tell you the complete story. He might be in the house sleeping but trust me, he must have met his target and that is the most important thing.

Sales executive are judged by how much they bring into the system. If you like sleep for 24 hours no one will bat an eyelid provided you meet or surpass your target. You will also be termed unproductive if you work 24 hours without meeting your target.

10 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Bank Dsa Job? by mysteriouspee: 3:54pm On Jan 29, 2022
KulHeadedHuman:

I

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Bank Dsa Job? by Skillsnigeria: 3:59pm On Jan 29, 2022
Hmmm, job seekers don suffer for this Nigeria
Re: Should I Take This Bank Dsa Job? by Zinpat: 4:01pm On Jan 29, 2022
KulHeadedHuman:

If u don't v a better option, take it while u search for another job. I know some DSAs dat r making it.
Re: Should I Take This Bank Dsa Job? by VEHINTOLAR: 4:24pm On Jan 29, 2022
KulHeadedHuman:

Set a target of six months for yourself to see if you can cope. It is a difficult job,no doubt but I believe you can at least gain some form of experience on the job even if it doesn't work out at the end of the day.

Good luck bro !

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Bank Dsa Job? by phemmyfour: 4:29pm On Jan 29, 2022
KulHeadedHuman:

Start learning on the job
Re: Should I Take This Bank Dsa Job? by bert83: 4:32pm On Jan 29, 2022
If u eventually take d job, before u realize it u have WASTED 2 years on it... It creates zero room for growth, pls use ur tym for smtn else.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Bank Dsa Job? by Icon2007: 4:42pm On Jan 29, 2022
please go for it , if you are not doing anything at the moment. do the job very well , don't listen to the people advising you to go home and sleep and be expecting salary. try and give the job your best while opening your eyes and ear to opportunities within that same bank and outside.
some DSA in my place of work has been able to move from that level to become a full time staff in operations, while some are still full time in marketing and all. ire ooooo.

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Bank Dsa Job? by Daytonbale: 4:51pm On Jan 29, 2022
Nyanabo:

Is 190k six digit salary ? Or has the mean of six digits changed with buhari's regime ? undecided
Bros 190,000 is how many digits

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Bank Dsa Job? by japhadels(m): 5:00pm On Jan 29, 2022
Boost kini? They look down on your cv once they see you've been outsourced. You are like a branded slave.
Zico5:
The best is to take the job and use the opportunity to look for more viable one. Half bread is better than none. At least it will boost Ur CV and give u better opportunity over others without any job experience.

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Bank Dsa Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 5:20pm On Jan 29, 2022
Rickmann:

Hmmm..very difficult job
I call marketing "modern day slavery".. They will use you to the very last and the moment you can't meet those targets anymore, you ll be asked to go. Marketing no be job bro. I ll advice you to relax and get something worthwhile.
Bitter truth

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Bank Dsa Job? by Juicy001: 5:22pm On Jan 29, 2022
Dem go free you las las
My advice?
Take the job, wake up every morning, sign on their register, time reach for marking jejely waka continue your personal hustle till closing hours, month end collect salary

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Bank Dsa Job? by enilola5: 5:42pm On Jan 29, 2022
Daytonbale:
Bros am a DSE in of the bank too I earned 6 digits salary Every month the 6 digits salary include my fix pay which is 50k and my variables which 140k that's 190k every month, nothing wrong with you being a DSE
Bros DSA nor be work, I was once a DSA , my commission was once 1 million naira after I brought about 2 billion from a customer,
Last last na my BM still snatch the account fr me saying I cannot manage the customer.
Bro, the time you feel you are relax, that's the time dey might exit you.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Bank Dsa Job? by huptin(m): 5:44pm On Jan 29, 2022
Give it your best shot...you won't regret. Bank marketing isn't as difficult as people make it look and sound.

Just be smart..banking is a must in Nigeria people must bring money, also the branch you will be posted have existing customers, if your colleagues are nice they will assist.

I know people who started off as DSEs but are now managers and owners of big businesses.

You will learn a lot, your relationship with people will improve, you will become more confident and you will become very ambitious.

The hard way is the only way!

3 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Bank Dsa Job? by Zico5(m): 6:10pm On Jan 29, 2022
japhadels:
Boost kini? They look down on your cv once they see you've been outsourced. You are like a branded slave.
U are such an ignorant person. I know a lot of people that have done contract job but are well placed today cos of such experience. Go to stanbic IBTC and Fidelity bank. So u will write in Ur CV that u are outsourced. Just sit down there.

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Bank Dsa Job? by buzorcharles(m): 7:01pm On Jan 29, 2022
If its with uba, OYO. 45k a month with a 60 accts a month target
Re: Should I Take This Bank Dsa Job? by IkUKU01(m): 7:43pm On Jan 29, 2022
My brother no be job be that ooo. I don go i don come.. Your KPIs (key performance indicators) will look like this... 90 NTB(new to bank costumers) 2 agency banking(pos), 2.7 million naira deposit, 14 payroll accounts. All theae are your monthly targets ooo. I just did it for six months save some money, got a laptop for myself, paid for my mum cataracts surgery fee and i japa.. You can do that but bear it in mind that you will endure embarrassment from who on a normal day no suppose fit open mouth were you de.. Goodluck baba

3 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Bank Dsa Job? by Daytonbale: 8:24pm On Jan 29, 2022
enilola5:

Bros DSA nor be work, I was once a DSA , my commission was once 1 million naira after I brought about 2 billion from a customer,
Last last na my BM still snatch the account fr me saying I cannot manage the customer.
Bro, the time you feel you are relax, that's the time dey might exit you.
our BM can't do such everything is from our head office. Our cabal can only leave us after A year
Re: Should I Take This Bank Dsa Job? by Aaaq: 9:56pm On Jan 29, 2022
No
Re: Should I Take This Bank Dsa Job? by ozonechrome: 10:22pm On Jan 29, 2022
KulHeadedHuman:

I worked in a bank as a fullstaff and we had DSA's that are responsible for opening a certain number of accounts and getting certain amount of deposit each month.

To be honest that's the worst job ever. You are paid based on the deposit you get aside the little fixed pay. Not sure why people do it. Sleep will elude you and you'll lose your self confidence knowing you are contracted and treated as such by the full staff.

Please learn a skill and do business for yourself instead of roaming round the street for customers. Get the customers for your own business. Not worth it if you ask me.

There is Zero career progression on that job.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Take This Bank Dsa Job? by 2luwa(m): 10:47pm On Jan 29, 2022
Take the job and be doing form Q ���
Re: Should I Take This Bank Dsa Job? by ultiabaz36(m): 11:31pm On Jan 29, 2022
Brother, I can tell you small about that futureless work called DSA because I was once DSA.

First with the salary. DSA Salary is between 45k to 50k with the mad target. DSA earn the least in banking and they will always be scoping you that you get a big account so you can earn commissions on it because DSA pays his/her salary.

Second is recognition. They don’t recognize DSA as a staff in the bank, so other staff treat them like cleaner. This is because DSA are deaf to everything going on in the bank except the ones that are smart among that can attach to one full staff to spying on the mails coming in and going out.

Third is crazy target. In UBA for instance, you must open 130 accounts in a month before you can earn your 45k. And the BM and RMs will will putting pressure on you despite earning penny compare to their salaries. Other banks that their target is not up to 130 accounts a month will tell you to open at least 60 account with 2k opening balance. Bro that shi is not easy

Forth is your certificate is useless. Being a DSA has already bring down the value of your certificate. You will now be looking you did not even attend school at all.

I don’t want to talk too much on this because that job took almost all my time before I realize my potential.

They will also scoop you that you will be converted to full staff which is a lie. Banking sector is a toxic environment for a graduate to work. Especially Nigerian banks

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Bank Dsa Job? by ultiabaz36(m): 11:32pm On Jan 29, 2022
Daytonbale:
our BM can't do such everything is from our head office. Our cabal can only leave us after A year
Another UBA staff spotted
Re: Should I Take This Bank Dsa Job? by Tzar(m): 12:10am On Jan 30, 2022
You already gave good reasons why you SHOULD NOT take the job na!
KulHeadedHuman:

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Bank Dsa Job? by KulHeadedHuman: 2:14am On Jan 30, 2022
How do u mean debts. Where are the debts supposed to come from...
kollinz1234:
Well @op I will like to let you know that there is nothing wrong with the targets given to a DSA, that should be the least of your worries; infact, the job will sharpen you and make you very exposed, smart and intelligent, and also be a perfect foundation for you whenever you want to start your own business. But what you should be afraid of is the kind of debts you will find yourself in after sometime in the job, and it's not just you virtually every staff in the bank is a slave to debt. If u can discipline yourself which is highly unlikely, the job will help you greatly.

An Honest Advise!
Re: Should I Take This Bank Dsa Job? by KulHeadedHuman: 2:22am On Jan 30, 2022
What could result in such debts pls
BJanta:

Sooner or later ,they will sack you, and pray, it's not with a sack of debts hanging on your neck.
Re: Should I Take This Bank Dsa Job? by enilola5: 10:06am On Jan 30, 2022
[quote author=Daytonbale post=109795259] our BM can't do such everything is from our head office. Our cabal can only leave us after A year[/quote
Use your tongue to count your teeth, you will be victimized, you will be segregated and above all, you will put all the whole effort but to the eyes of your BM , you have done nothing. I even pity the Ladies,they will do all sort of things just to meet the crazy target, that's how I caught one lady sitting on the laps of a big Belle importer just for him to give her a cheque of 50 million to meet her target.
Las las them still sack ham after 2 months.
Run, DSA nor be job

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Bank Dsa Job? by ImaIma1(f): 5:18pm On Jan 30, 2022
KulHeadedHuman:

Please run!

That job isn't worth it. You get serious bashings and you are treated like 2and class citizens.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Help Me To Verify This Interview / HSBC Is Recruiting / 7 Tips To Beat The ATS And Get Your CV In Front Of Employers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.