Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,832 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Killer Mechanics - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Killer Mechanics (3263 Views)

6 Ways To Avoid Being Ripped Off By Nigerian Mechanics / Beware Of Fradulent Mechanics / Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Killer Mechanics by Peppermintflav: 6:16pm On Feb 05, 2022
Hedgefunds:

Thank you. What do you suggest? Can it be fixed?
It's not worth the stress. It's either you buy small oil cooler and connect to the gear or you buy new radiator.

1 Like

Re: Killer Mechanics by Jazzlite: 10:49am On Feb 06, 2022
Peppermintflav:

It's not worth the stress. It's either you buy small oil cooler and connect to the gear or you buy new radiator.
How much is this?
Re: Killer Mechanics by cyborg123(m): 3:28pm On Feb 06, 2022
Those running transmissions with bypassed ATF cooling hoses better fix it ASAP. I suspect that your gearboxes are still working fine because you don't do spirited driving.

If it was my car I'm sure the gear will be gone. grin

2 Likes

Re: Killer Mechanics by Peppermintflav: 9:34pm On Feb 06, 2022
Jazzlite:

How much is this?
5k can buy it
Re: Killer Mechanics by Jazzlite: 9:37pm On Feb 06, 2022
Peppermintflav:

5k can buy it
Where
Re: Killer Mechanics by Peppermintflav: 2:05am On Feb 07, 2022
Jazzlite:

Where
Ladipo. Most people selling radiator sell it.
Re: Killer Mechanics by elrufiason: 4:18pm On Feb 07, 2022
Nairalanders pls, I need a sincere answer to this question.
I just registered with exportauction.com, for those that know the site, is it legit for buying foreign used cars and shipping them to Nigeria?

Cc
Kashif
Downomike
GAZZUZZ
herbal
emmyN
buygala
Jazzlite
Chukel
OGjason
Re: Killer Mechanics by emmyN(m): 4:33pm On Feb 07, 2022
elrufiason:
I just registered with exportauction.com, for those that know the site, is it legit for buying foreign used cars and shipping them to Nigeria?

Cc

Unfortunately that is not my line of business. I hope you get help from those in the know.
Re: Killer Mechanics by Itsrm(m): 4:40pm On Feb 07, 2022
elrufiason:

Cc
Kashif
Downomike
GAZZUZZ
herbal
emmyN
buygala
Jazzlite
Chukel
OGjason

They are third party brokers and can help you buy for a fee.

You can also consider Deltel here on nairaland. I have bought three vehicles through him and have no issues so far.
Re: Killer Mechanics by Kashif(m): 9:51pm On Mar 24, 2022
Hedgefunds:

Hello similar things happened to me. There was oil in the radiator, the mechanic took out the radiator to a car wash to flush out the oil then bypassing the gear box oil back without going into the normal radiator nosle .

Should I ask him to come and correct it.?

Sure, if not done already. But if you found oil in your radiator, have you checked for water in your engine and gear?
Re: Killer Mechanics by Olamideace001: 7:55pm On Sep 11, 2022
Please I really need help concerning my Camry 07 gear , Firstly let me tell u what happened ,I suddenly notice my gear select late and when I discovered I notice water enter d oil but I was surprised I didn’t enter any water so I was told from the radiator there’s a pipe that connect them and probably it leaks ,they tried all sort of tricks like flushing it but no avail and the drive stopped and only the reverse work fine and I was introduced to a gear operator ,he scanned it and this were d code below �

P0748:- Pressure Control solenoid A Electrical
P0778: Pressure Control Solenoid BElectrical
P0798 : Pressure Control Solenoid Electrical
P0983: Shift SolenodD Control Gieuit High
P0986: Shift Solenoid E Control Circuit High
P2716° Pressure Control Solenoid D Electrical
p2770: Torque Converter Clutch Circuit High

He ask for money that he will buy d drive which I gave him and other money ,he remove the gear and said he clean everything and replace the things needed but when done it’s still d same and only d reverse still work only please help me ���� I paid almost 150k already
Re: Killer Mechanics by Mmgboji(m): 10:30pm On Sep 11, 2022
Kashif:

In as much as most mechanics shouldn't be in that space, I really don't think customers should be involved in his own service delivery. That erodes value. If that is the case then we should all learn human anatomy to support our doctors. Pick some legal lessons to weigh our lawyers. I think it's better to seek the qualified service man and be prepared to pay them.

There are people who can't even replace light bulbs in their homes. Are they now expected to have ideas about modern automobile? If we can fine, but shouldn't be frown at if we can't.

The whole idea of knowing about your car is mainly to guide the mechanic and be able to detect when he begin to do nonsense. For all the cars I've driven except my first Car, I haven't had to fall victim again to the antics of these mechanics. I have my small scanner. I do sufficient research for any fault and symptoms before involving the mechanic. Once I get to the mechanic, I stand and guide him on what to do to rectify the fault. Once the mechanic begins to argue unreasonably, I japa from him. I don't have a favorite mechanic, I use any mechanic on the street but you must listen and take my guidance, it has worked 100% of the time. I have seen good mechanics too. Once I nothing you're good and can flow with me at the level of some expertise, I become confident and may not strictly supervise you. I am not sure there is a job in this life where we have as much quacks as we have in mechanics.
Re: Killer Mechanics by Aaaaarghmed(m): 8:53am On Sep 12, 2022
Mmgboji:

The whole idea of knowing about your car is mainly to guide the mechanic and be able to detect when he begin to do nonsense. For all the cars I've driven except my first Car, I haven't had to fall victim again to the antics of these mechanics. I have my small scanner. I do sufficient research for any fault and symptoms before involving the mechanic. Once I get to the mechanic, I stand and guide him on what to do to rectify the fault. Once the mechanic begins to argue unreasonably, I japa from him. I don't have a favorite mechanic, I use any mechanic on the street but you must listen and take my guidance, it has worked 100% of the time. I have seen good mechanics too. Once I nothing you're good and can flow with me at the level of some expertise, I become confident and may not strictly supervise you. I am not sure there is a job in this life where we have as much quacks as we have in mechanics.
quack mechs na 95percent

(1) (2) (Reply)

Efficient And Reliable Car / Misfire Codes On Lexus RX350? / How Does Cars45 Make Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.