Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,120 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria (17788 Views)

Nin Complaint Resolution Plug / How To Report Your Financial Institution To The CBN / How To Make A Complaint About A Bad Product Or Service In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by fergie001: 10:35am On Jan 28, 2022
This is a guide on how and where you can lodge a complaint against Financial Institutions regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria such as Commercial Banks, Microfinance Banks, Primary Mortgage Institutions and Discount Houses.

Contact Your Institution First

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) issued a circular in 2011 directing all banks to expand their existing ATM HELP DESK to handle all types of consumer complaints. Therefore, if you have a complaint against your bank, you MUST first report the complaint at the bank/branch where the issue originated and then allow 2 weeks (it might be less or more in some cases) for the issues to be resolved.

If Your Bank Fails to Resolve Your Complaint

You have the right to escalate your complaint to the Director, Consumer Protection Department (CPD) of the CBN after lodging
your complaint, when your bank fails to acknowledge within three (3) days or issue a tracking number, or fails to resolve the complaint within the timelines as stipulated by the Consumer Protection Regulation (CPR).

Complaints to Consumer Protection Department

You can only direct your Complaints to CPD upon the failure of your Bank/Financial Institution to resolve your complaint within the timeline stipulated by the Consumer Protection Regulation (CPR).

Contacting Consumer Protection Department (CPD)

You can contact the CPD through the following channels:

E-mails: cpd@cbn.gov.ng

Letter:
The Director
Consumer Protection Department
Central Bank of Nigeria
Central Business District,
Garki, Abuja

Your letter of Complaint should be addressed to the Director, Consumer Protection Department.

You can submit your letter at the CBN Head
Office OR at any of the CBN Branches
Nationwide.

Does the CPD Deal with All Types of Complaints?

The CBN deals with all financial related complaints in so far as it is against a Financial Institution within its regulatory purview.

Central Bank of Nigeria

35 Likes 14 Shares

Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by Nbotee(m): 10:59am On Jan 28, 2022
Will d complaints see d light of Day?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by fergie001: 11:00am On Jan 28, 2022
CBN Removes ATM Maintenance Fee, Cuts Bank Charges, Others

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has reviewed charges and rates for banking activities in the country.

This was disclosed in the CBN new ‘Guide to Charges by Banks Other Financial and Non-Financial’ according to findings by DAILY INDEPENDENT.

The apex bank said the guideline applies to charges by Banks Other Financial and Non-Financial under its licence or regulation.

The document revealed that the CBN has reduced the charges on some transactions including Standing Order Charge (In-Branch); ATM Maninance Fees; Electronic Fund Transfers and Bulk Payments among others.

In the latest guideline, CBN said Standing Order Charge for intra-bank will be free compared to the N300 in the 2017 guideline.

For Interbank Transfers, the CBN cut the charges to a maximum of N50 per transaction compared to the N300 held in 2017.

Bills Payment (Including Bills Payment through other E-channels) is Negotiable subject to a maximum of N500 per beneficiary payable by sender, a review from the N1,200 or 0.75 per cent for a biller or merchant to pay.

Electronic Funds Transfer has also been reviewed downwards to N10 charge for a transaction below N5000; N26 for transaction of N5001 to N50,000 while transactions above N50,000 will be charged N50.

Withdrawals on other banks’ ATMS have been reduced from N65 to N35 after the third withdrawal within the same month.

The CBN also reduced ATM Bill Payment from N100 to N50. Debit card maintenance charges that were N100/Month have been removed in the new guideline.

Daily Independent

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by slawormiir: 7:11pm On Jan 28, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Grab my weed to learn

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by Otunski: 7:11pm On Jan 28, 2022
Na today?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by chieveboy(m): 7:11pm On Jan 28, 2022
Guys, I want to let you all know that you should forget about contacting the CBN, it is all effort in futility. They are more useless.

I made a transaction with Zenith bank since last year May which failed and the money never reversed. After very three months, I contacted this same CBN email. I want to tell you all that this CBN complaint handle is equally useless as Zenith bank who withheld the money despite acknowledging the fault till today.

Just go hang yourself if you want simple things to work in this country.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by Mophor: 7:11pm On Jan 28, 2022
Issokay!!!
Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 28, 2022
Complain to the above at your own peril. angry

After complaining, nothing reasonable would come out of it.
Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by ntyce(m): 7:12pm On Jan 28, 2022
Those complaints are heard.....

I'm a witness

9 Likes

Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by princeemmma(m): 7:13pm On Jan 28, 2022
I think this is a good solution, a better way of handling bank wahala......... i paid my daughters school fees on 12th January 2022, the money was not received by school neither was it deposited back into my account, the question is that...... where is the money. The bank was not able to do anything until 22nd of January 2022 after i have gone to pay another fee with cash

1 Like

Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by WiszyFraud: 7:13pm On Jan 28, 2022
shocked
Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by teejayreal(m): 7:13pm On Jan 28, 2022
If you won make bank solve your issue fast. Just go to their banking hall and shout like person wey craze. Their manager go resolve your matter fast fast. That's the only language they understand. E fe ri were. You wanna see crazy

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by dyze(m): 7:14pm On Jan 28, 2022
Nbotee:

Yes. Tested and trusted. Banks no dey like hear say you wan send mail to cpd.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by Janiobi(m): 7:14pm On Jan 28, 2022
How can I load a complain about unauthorized redraw from pos? I talk for bank I tire
Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by tola1006: 7:15pm On Jan 28, 2022
I have complained to cbn about gtb that debited me twice for a single transaction since November last year......I never hear anything till now undecided

1 Like

Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by dingbang(m): 7:16pm On Jan 28, 2022
Yeah true. Right way to go
Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by Sirmuel1(m): 7:17pm On Jan 28, 2022
Wahala for who never know digital currency
Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by pacespot(m): 7:17pm On Jan 28, 2022
Nice, at least it is worth trying.
Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by MVLOX(m): 7:19pm On Jan 28, 2022
Nice one there..... Dis banks matter too much
Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by omoyankee3(m): 7:19pm On Jan 28, 2022
noted
Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by paparazi232(m): 7:28pm On Jan 28, 2022
Nice am reporting GT bank soon ,,got debited twice for same thing called ussd charge
Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by allanphash7(m): 7:28pm On Jan 28, 2022
Try it first nah
Nbotee:

1 Like

Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by PlsBanMe: 7:29pm On Jan 28, 2022
That contacting CBN is laughable. I sent them several messages last concerning a failed transaction. My useless first bank was more better than them. After about 8 months, I involved EFCC and I was credited.

4 Likes

Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by tutudesz: 7:29pm On Jan 28, 2022
What about unlawful withdrawal from your account, without you receiving a Otp code undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by rave1047: 7:30pm On Jan 28, 2022
Good read
Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by JayPeeOham: 7:35pm On Jan 28, 2022
PlsBanMe:
That contacting CBN is laughable. I sent them several messages last concerning a failed transaction. My useless first bank was more better than them. After about 8 months, I involved EFCC and I was credited.

How did you resolve this please. My wife lost a huge sum of money in 2020 after her phone got stolen... Do you think the EFCC can help in this kind of case as well?

1 Like

Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by franugo(m): 7:44pm On Jan 28, 2022
tola1006:
I have complained to cbn about gtb that debited me twice for a single transaction since November last year......I never hear anything till now undecided

What's the details of the transaction?
Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by franugo(m): 7:45pm On Jan 28, 2022
paparazi232:
Nice am reporting GT bank soon ,,got debited twice for same thing called ussd charge

Ussd charge of how much?
Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by yuzjet(m): 7:48pm On Jan 28, 2022
Thinking....
Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by sben2308(m): 7:50pm On Jan 28, 2022
chieveboy:
Guys, I want to let you all know that you should forget about contacting the CBN, it is all effort in futility. They are more useless.

I made a transaction with Zenith bank since last year May which failed and the money never reversed. After very three months, I contacted this same CBN email. I want to tell you all that this CBN complaint handle is equally useless as Zenith bank who withheld the money despite acknowledging the fault till today.

Just go hang yourself if you want simple things to work in this country.

Bros we plenty there ooo mine na FIRSTBANK since last year and till now nothing and no head way .A financial institution that's doesn't understand what finance itself means except useless dubious charges .
My wooden kolo is far better than all the banks together.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by neyosea25(m): 7:51pm On Jan 28, 2022
fergie001:

Daily Independent I
I tried this when I was debited 20,000 in December, 2021 after all efforts proved abortive at first bank- they told me that I received the money which was not true. And another one in September,2021 which has not been resolved before the recent one. I was devastated and search for information on the internet on how to recover my money lo and behold I got this same email from CBN and I sent them a mail with my details and transaction number from bank. Within 3 days my money was reversed. I did same for my sister whose money was debited at a pos terminal she was paid within a week.
Lastly on January 11 this year my first debit was reversed and received in my account.
Information is power.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by apuski2(m): 7:58pm On Jan 28, 2022
Same thing I experienced too. Zenithbank has held my money since October last year. Made a complaint severally even to cbn as well till date no response no ŕesults. quote author=chieveboy post=109768740]Guys, I want to let you all know that you should forget about contacting the CBN, it is all effort in futility. They are more useless.

Just go hang yourself if you want simple things to work in this country.[/quote]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires / Transportation Business In Lagos / Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.