Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,547 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria (17777 Views)

Nin Complaint Resolution Plug / How To Report Your Financial Institution To The CBN / How To Make A Complaint About A Bad Product Or Service In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by toujurs: 8:01pm On Jan 28, 2022
First bank debited 10k from my account, a dispense error that was never reversed, its over a year now, i sent a mail to cbn, they never replied my mail, 10k just gone like that. Money that i never saw, first bank had the audacity to tell me the transaction was successful.
Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by Nggs121: 8:02pm On Jan 28, 2022
Guys it works. I was expecting some international transfer last year and i experienced some delays, Then I sent a mail with CBN in copy. I got a mail that I should open a dorm account.

it works

2 Likes

Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by Loxville: 8:09pm On Jan 28, 2022
believe me it works, I had a case of failed transaction since on the 1st of January,I tried reaching out to their CC unit via several channel and lodged complaints but they kept frustrating and delaying me,all effort to get a reversal was futile I then decided to engage cpd,I sent them an email with a copy to my bank(Zenith bank)

After a couple hours I received an email from Zenith bank, pleading and reassuring me that the complaint has been re-escalated that I will get a resolution shortly.

Few hours after,that was yesterday the 27th I got an alert from the useless bank.

I was surprised how swiftly they reacted after that mail.

1 Like

Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by molas02: 8:09pm On Jan 28, 2022
It's been upto a year since I mistakenly paid 20000 twice into federal Polytechnic OFFA for hostel fee which I suppose to pay once via remita and after this incident I have complained to the management which they confirmed they saw the payment twice that they will refund one. Since a year they have refused to pay me the said 20000. I have been there for 3time, travel down from osogbo to OFFA. They refused to pay me. Pls if there is something you can do to help me. Thanks sir.
I will also forward the payment receipt to this mail sir

Let's see if they will have something to do abt this. The two receipts bhas also been attached
Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by jimmynauty: 8:10pm On Jan 28, 2022
Forfuture
Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by JerryQ: 8:12pm On Jan 28, 2022
Noted
Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by chordrylateral(m): 8:15pm On Jan 28, 2022
That's how they will be deducting like #50 -100 from my account without any description or details on the transaction statement
Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by Gamezi(m): 8:19pm On Jan 28, 2022
Abeg anyone knows how long it takes stanbic bank to make corrections on bvn ... �
Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by Prophet777: 8:34pm On Jan 28, 2022
Before man & God, I am a living witness.
GTB refunded the unauthorized transaction I complained about in 2019 within a week I escalated it to the CBN.

Meanwhile, I have been going to the GTB branch office for almost 3 months but all to no avail. They are only using me to catch cruiz but they refunded my money within a week of CBN intervention.
Nbotee:
Will d complaints see d light of Day?
Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by Stephenmoka4(m): 8:37pm On Jan 28, 2022
chordrylateral:
That's how they will be deducting like #50 -100 from my account without any description or details on the transaction statement
Stamp duty charge I guess.
Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by Solace92: 8:52pm On Jan 28, 2022
This really work for me. Jst of recent I logged a complain to my FI without getting any response. After some days I sent a mail to logged the complaint again to my FI while I copied CPD on the mail. I sent a separate mail to CPD. Lo and behold, the complaint was solved....
Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 28, 2022
Hello Nairalanders
Thank God this thread has come up...
My mum made a transaction (more like an agreement) with Lapo in 2015 and they promised to be paying 10% of the initial deposit to my mum on monthly basis for a specified time frame after which my mum was free to withdraw her money or continue doing business with them.

Now the issue is that after paying the agreed 10% thrice, they stopped. Efforts to retrieve back the capital was futile. Since then till now, Lapo has not done any other thing in that respect.

My question is, how do I report this to the CBN?
Will they do anything to retrieve back the money?
Or is too late to lodge a complaint now?

I need expert advice.
Thank you
Sòsòngò
Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by Chomsky1967(f): 9:01pm On Jan 28, 2022
chieveboy:
Guys, I want to let you all know that you should forget about contacting the CBN, it is all effort in futility. They are more useless.

I made a transaction with Zenith bank since last year May which failed and the money never reversed. After very three months, I contacted this same CBN email. I want to tell you all that this CBN complaint handle is equally useless as Zenith bank who withheld the money despite acknowledging the fault till today.

Just go hang yourself if you want simple things to work in this country.
Sorry about your experience but they responded swiftly to mine and the money transaction reversed in less than 72hrs.

2 Likes

Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by Chomsky1967(f): 9:03pm On Jan 28, 2022
princeemmma:
I think this is a good solution, a better way of handling bank wahala......... i paid my daughters school fees on 12th January 2022, the money was not received by school neither was it deposited back into my account, the question is that...... where is the money. The bank was not able to do anything until 22nd of January 2022 after i have gone to pay another fee with cash
Write to CBN, copy both banks, sit and watch. I'm a witness.
Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by Mojir(f): 9:06pm On Jan 28, 2022
Nbotee:
Will d complaints see d light of Day?

For where?! After reporting a financial institution to CBN, they only followed-up with several correspondences, but no power to enforce. At the long run, I gave up when I got tired of going back and forth.

The issue has not been resolved though, after several years. My money still dey hang!
Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by Mojir(f): 9:09pm On Jan 28, 2022
fergie001:
This is a guide on how and where you can lodge a complaint against Financial Institutions regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria such as Commercial Banks, Microfinance Banks, Primary Mortgage Institutions and Discount Houses.

Central Bank of Nigeria

All these are just for the books. CBN cannot enforce!.

After reporting a financial institution to CBN, they only followed-up with several correspondences, but no power to enforce. At the long run, I gave up when I got tired of going back and forth. The issue has not been resolved though, after several years. My money still dey hang!
Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by Michcole: 9:11pm On Jan 28, 2022
Chomsky1967:

Write to CBN, copy both banks, sit and watch. I'm a witness.

If I'm to send my complain as cc: to the bank is via mail or email.
Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by pepe1: 9:42pm On Jan 28, 2022
Please, can someone also report Mobile money (POS) companies to cpd?
Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by obamma: 9:48pm On Jan 28, 2022
You can go to rantstreet dot com and logde a complain. Or see link on my signature
Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by professore(m): 9:57pm On Jan 28, 2022
Nice
Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by Bmaster(m): 9:57pm On Jan 28, 2022
chieveboy:
Guys, I want to let you all know that you should forget about contacting the CBN, it is all effort in futility. They are more useless.

I made a transaction with Zenith bank since last year May which failed and the money never reversed. After very three months, I contacted this same CBN email. I want to tell you all that this CBN complaint handle is equally useless as Zenith bank who withheld the money despite acknowledging the fault till today.

bros,the matter tie gele.
See mine below

1 Like

Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by Chomsky1967(f): 10:35pm On Jan 28, 2022
Michcole:

If I'm to send my complain as cc: to the bank is via mail or email.
I did via email to the:
Director CPD
Cc: abc bank, xyx bank.

In my case the "innocent" bank replied in less than 5mins, stating clearly my funds weren't with them and had never dropped to them. I immediately wrote back to cpd, attaching innocent banks reply, while copying all parties. Guilty bank now replies with a tracking number saying they are looking into it and will escalate to the highest level.
I still wrote cpd with guilty bank's response, copying all parties again.
My funds were reversed first thing the next working day

3 Likes

Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by Emmy3(m): 10:51pm On Jan 28, 2022
Tnb
Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by Enyimbamercedes: 11:58pm On Jan 28, 2022
You will NEVER receive a response from the CPD
Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by tunwumi: 2:43am On Jan 29, 2022
I have used this channel before to deal with a very big bank before. They couldn't send email to me again as I copied cpd of CBN.

They called and I told them I'm recording they have to visit me and refunded the money they stole through ATM I never collected.

It was swift and sweet

fergie001:
This is a guide on how and where you can lodge a complaint against Financial Institutions regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria such as Commercial Banks, Microfinance Banks, Primary Mortgage Institutions and Discount Houses.

Central Bank of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by tunwumi: 2:44am On Jan 29, 2022
Enyimbamercedes:
You will NEVER receive a response from the CPD

They don't talk to you they talk to the bank.
Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by Hifeholuwarh(m): 4:22am On Jan 29, 2022
chieveboy:

Let's sue this people Bro.
Also have the same issue since Nov with my zenith bank, all efforts has yield nothing.

1 Like

Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by tola1006: 4:56am On Jan 29, 2022
franugo:

What's the details of the transaction?

I wanted to pay for a new gotv decoder with my gtb ussd code,due to network issues payment couldn't go through so I had to go use POS with my ATM card and that went through after several attempts too. However I later got 2 debit alerts for that transaction.

I have been to the bank 3 different times to complain and on each occasion they confirm to me that 1 of the debit request was still pending and I was told it would be resolved in 5 working days mind you this transaction was done since last year November but till date I haven't gotten anything.

I reported to cbn by sending a mail to cpd, initially I made a mistake by omitting the reference number.However I attached it the second time but still nothing has been done.
Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by Enyimbamercedes: 5:15am On Jan 29, 2022
tunwumi:

They don't talk to you they talk to the bank.

And they don’t need to send you an acknowledgement of your complaint or any sort of response from them when you write them?

1 Like

Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by franugo(m): 6:09am On Jan 29, 2022
tola1006:

I wanted to pay for a new gotv decoder with my gtb ussd code,due to network issues payment couldn't go through so I had to go use POS with my ATM card and that went through after several attempts too. However I later got 2 debit alerts for that transaction.

I have been to the bank 3 different times to complain and on each occasion they confirm to me that 1 of the debit request was still pending and I was told it would be resolved in 5 working days mind you this transaction was done since last year November but till date I haven't gotten anything.

I reported to cbn by sending a mail to cpd, initially I made a mistake by omitting the reference number.However I attached it the second time but still nothing has been done.

Quote me on a different topic with your account number and the exact date you made the payment in November
Re: How To Lodge A Complaint Against A Financial Institution In Nigeria by Rockstar07: 6:52am On Jan 29, 2022
fergie001:

Central Bank of Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires / More Firms To Shut Down In 2021 - Manufacturers Association Of Nigeria (MAN) / Transportation Business In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.