Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,745 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:54 AM

Guided By The Spirit Of Truth - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Guided By The Spirit Of Truth (1562 Views)

Woman Delivered From The 'spirit Of Madness' At Lagos Church (Photos) / God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony / Why Be Guided By The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guided By The Spirit Of Truth by yommyuk: 9:21pm On Jun 21, 2011
1 John 4:1 warns us
Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit. You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false prophets in the world.

Not one or a few, but “MANY”. To apply the above to this age we are living, I will say  “For there are so many false men of God in the world”.  They give false hope. They preach a diluted gospel which is leading the flock astray. Their preaching doesn’t come from the heart but from the mouth. To them the gospel is about money and worldly gains. I say “WOE UNTO THEM”

Everyone is seeking the truth. But are we really ready to accept and handle the truth? Are we equipped to receive the truth?
How do we make ourselves ready to receive the truth?

By being Holy.  How? Purification gained by separation from the world and living a life so aligned with God that it reflects his passions. From here God will set you apart and equip you by the Spirit and readied by God’s word to enter the world without being victimized by its darkness.

John 17:14-15
I have given them your word. And the world hates them because they do not belong to the world. I am not asking you to take them out of the world, but to keep them safe from the evil one.

The above scripture reveals why a lot of so called men of God refuse to say the truth. Because when you say the truth, the world must hate you. Therefore, if you are not called by God into ministry and you speak the truth to the wrong people, na wahala be dat. Why? Because the spiritual initiation required before the ministry can commence is non existence. That is the reason why falsehood ministries are everywhere.

John 16:8
And when he comes, he will convict the world of its sin, and of God’s righteousness, and of the coming judgement.

As light penetrates darkness, so the Spirit of truth will give us the ability to penetrate what is true or false. It is the Spirit of truth that does the conviction on our behalf. That is why without it , the life of a Christian is useless.

Titus 1:15-16
Everything is pure to those whose hearts are pure. But nothing is pure to those who are corrupt and unbelieving, because their minds and consciences are corrupted. Such people claim to know God, but they deny him by the way they live. They are detestable and disobedient, worthless for doing anything good.

A so called man of God living the wrong life is worthless for doing anything good. How can such person lead a flock of people and not lead them astray. By their fruit, you shall know them.

CONCLUSION

Psalm 19:8
The instructions of the Lord are prefect, reviving the soul. The decrees of the Lord are trustworthy making the wise the simple. The commandments of the Lord are clear giving insight for living.

The Spirit of Truth will never lead you astray. It path is God’s way.

God bless wink
Re: Guided By The Spirit Of Truth by Sweetnecta: 3:18am On Jun 22, 2011
@Yommyuk; « on: Yesterday at 09:21:04 PM »
[Quote]1 John 4:1 warns us
Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit. You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false[b] prophets[/b] in the world.[/Quote]is the speaker john or Jesus? is the spirit in this case, if it comes from God is a prophet of God therefore, if not by your sight the spirit will be a false prophet? finally, did the speaker suggest that at least one prophet of God will after, and may be many that are false prophets that will come?

[Quote]John 16:8
And when he comes, he will convict the world of its sin, and of God’s righteousness, and of the coming judgement.[/Quote]from this verse, there is definitely a prophet of God, being a spirit from God, speaking by the spirit that must come. not more than one real prophet is expected, while the rest are liars being false prophets.

yommyuk [abayomi], who is this one prophet of God who is to convict the world of its sin, and of God's righteousness, and the coming judgment? i ask all the christian men and women on nairaland to be bold enough and give us his name. that is if you are sincerely knowledgeable of your bible. that is if you are honest enough to speak the truth when you know it, not conjecture otherwise forever keep quite. or has the true prophet of God in the above verse of nt not arrived yet? are we still expecting him, hence what the christians are doing now, the jews are doing, the muslims are doing as well as what others are doing is wrong?

if the christians are the correct people, then this prophet must have already came as a christian, so you will easily give his name. don't be shy about it.

if this prophet came already as a non christian, we are certain he was either a jew by faith or a muslim by faith. or do you guys have any other suggestion?

@all christians, blame yommyuk for giving me a good opening to suck it up to you.
Re: Guided By The Spirit Of Truth by Joagbaje(m): 6:32am On Jun 22, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@Yommyuk; « on: Yesterday at 09:21:04 PM »is the speaker john or Jesus? is the spirit in this case, if it comes from God is a prophet of God therefore, if not by your sight the spirit will be a false prophet? finally, did the speaker suggest that at least one prophet of God will after, and may be many that are false prophets that will come?

from this verse, there is definitely a prophet of God, being a spirit from God, speaking by the spirit that must come. not more than one real prophet is expected, while the rest are liars being false prophets.

There is no suggestion that a prophet is coming in that scripture. The only person coming is the antichrist

yommyuk [abayomi], who is this one prophet of God who is to convict the world of its sin

The person who will convict the world of sin is the holy spirit. He is not a prophet
Re: Guided By The Spirit Of Truth by Enigma(m): 9:10am On Jun 22, 2011
@OP

The false pophets and anti-Christs in the world today teach many things that make it necessary to conclude that whatever "spirit" they have does not come from God.

They teach (just to take a few examples):

1. People should not pray to or through Jesus Christ
2. People are now Christ! In fact they declare baldly --- "I am Christ"
3. People should not pray the Lord's prayer, it is not for "mature Christians"
4. Jesus Christ was just a man
5. Jesus Christ was "born again"
6. Jesus Christ went to "hell" (some say not hell "fire" because I know their dissembling) and he was there tortured by Satan and demons
7. People who don't pay "tithes" are robbing God

Wherever they teach any of these things you will probably not need to look far to see a false prophet or maybe even an anti-Christ.
Re: Guided By The Spirit Of Truth by Joagbaje(m): 10:00am On Jun 22, 2011
^^^^
I think rather, those who manipulate other people's post to suit their agendas are false grin
Re: Guided By The Spirit Of Truth by Enigma(m): 10:11am On Jun 22, 2011
Ah, it is paining you that by his own teachings Oyakhilome is a false teacher, false prophet and almost certainly an anti-Christ? grin

Did Oyakhilome not teach that people should not pray to or through Christ? How can a person (other than a deceiver/anti-Christ) call himself a Christian and say don't pray to or through Christ?
Re: Guided By The Spirit Of Truth by mabell: 10:19am On Jun 22, 2011
Joagbaje:

^^^^
I think rather, those who manipulate other people's post to suit their agendas are false grin

precisely

Enigma:

Ah, it is paining you that by his own teachings Oyakhilome is a false teacher, false prophet and almost certainly an anti-Christ? grin

Did Oyakhilome not teach that people should not pray to or through Christ? How can a person (other than a deceiver/anti-Christ) call himself a Christian and say don't pray to or through Christ?

deviation
Re: Guided By The Spirit Of Truth by Joagbaje(m): 10:23am On Jun 22, 2011
Enigma:

Ah, it is paining you that by his own teachings Oyakhilome is a false teacher, false prophet and almost certainly an anti-Christ?  grin

No pain dude. Maybe it's paining you rather. That truth cannot be stopped. The gospel is marching with such rapidity. And nations are coming into salvation.

The bible teaches to pray in the name of Jesus and not through his name  .
Re: Guided By The Spirit Of Truth by Enigma(m): 10:25am On Jun 22, 2011
Hey Joagbaje, go and show this from the OP to Oyakhilome; ask him to repent! If you don't have access to him, send it by email.  grin

yommyuk:

Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit. You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false prophets in the world.

Not one or a few, but “MANY”. To apply the above to this age we are living, I will say  “For there are so many false men of God in the world”.  They give false hope. They preach a diluted gospel which is leading the flock astray. Their preaching doesn’t come from the heart but from the mouth. To them the gospel is about money and worldly gains. I say “WOE UNTO THEM” . . .
Re: Guided By The Spirit Of Truth by Joagbaje(m): 10:30am On Jun 22, 2011
pastor chris preaches Christ not money. Why don't you watch the programme today and see for yourself.
Re: Guided By The Spirit Of Truth by Enigma(m): 10:32am On Jun 22, 2011
Joagbaje:

The bible teaches to pray in the name of Jesus and not through his name  .

First I point out the chicanery of just saying "through his name" when you and I know that opaks Oyaks said people should not pray TO or THROUGH Jesus ---- not just "through his name".

Anyway, tell all that to the author of Hebrews (I think you once said that the author was your "friend" Paul); anyway, he prayed through Christ Jesus.

Hebrews 13
20Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
Re: Guided By The Spirit Of Truth by Joagbaje(m): 10:48am On Jun 22, 2011
Christ is in us dude. He is our ability. God is in us , we do things by God. Holy spirit is in us we do things by him. That is the sense in which paul was speaking in that verse . It is an issue of his ability in us. It in the same sense he made the statement below.

Philippians 4:13
13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

1 Corinthians 15:57
57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

The context in which pastor chris was spoke was to eliminate the idea of our unworthiness to stand before God. Christ has brought us to God. We are clothed with him . We are in him and become him by our oneness . The victory he had over the devil was not for himself but for us. The name he obtained was for us. So we stand in his stead as him.

We don't need to pray to Jesus . We can ask in his name and not true his name. He has brought us to God. And God has accepted us.

John 16:26-27
26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you: 27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.
Re: Guided By The Spirit Of Truth by Enigma(m): 11:03am On Jun 22, 2011
Hey, here is what opaks Oyaks said despite your poor attempt (2nd time now) to help him to twist it.

As Christians, we don’t need an intermediary between us and the Father. Hence we don’t pray to the Father through Jesus, but in the Name of Jesus. To pray through Jesus is to make Him a medium or intermediary to the Father, and that’s wrong. But to pray in the Name of Jesus means your standing in the place of Jesus; you’ve become His voice!

All through the Scriptures, there’s no place where the Christian is asked to pray to Jesus or through Jesus. Neither do you ask the Father to grant your request for “Jesus’ sake,” for God wouldn’t answer your prayers for Jesus’ sake. He loves you as much as He loves Jesus. So when you pray to the Father in the Name of Jesus, it’s as though Jesus Himself were praying, because you stand in His stead.

Compare the anti-Christ rubbish to the prayer from Hebrews 13 above; compare it also to:

Romans 16:27
To God only wise, [be] glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

Phillipians 4:7
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

and Stephen praying to Christ

Acts 7
59While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” 60Then he fell on his knees and cried out, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” When he had said this, he fell asleep.

So when opaks Oyaks preaches a message so contrary to the Bible, has he not defined himself as a false teacher and possibly an anti-Christ?
Re: Guided By The Spirit Of Truth by Sweetnecta: 12:04pm On Jun 22, 2011
@Joeagbaje; « #2 on: Today at 06:32:42 AM »
[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Today at 03:18:49 AM
@Yommyuk; « on: Yesterday at 09:21:04 PM »is the speaker john or Jesus? is the spirit in this case, if it comes from God is a prophet of God therefore, if not by your sight the spirit will be a false prophet? finally, did the speaker suggest that at least one prophet of God will after, and may be many that are false prophets that will come?

from this verse, there is definitely a prophet of God, being a spirit from God, speaking by the spirit that must come. not more than one real prophet is expected, while the rest are liars being false prophets.

There is no suggestion that a prophet is coming in that scripture. The only person coming is the antichrist[/Quote]Are you for real, joe, or you are just joking around? i want you read the entire initial post of yommyuk and pay serious 'open your inner eyes' type of attention to the bold parts, below; [Quote]Posted by: yommyuk
Insert Quote
Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit
. You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false prophets in the world.

Not one or a few, but “MANY”. To apply the above to this age we are living, I will say  “For there are so many false men of God in the world”.  They give false hope. They preach a diluted gospel which is leading the flock astray. Their preaching doesn’t come from the heart but from the mouth. To them the gospel is about money and worldly gains. I say “WOE UNTO THEM”

Everyone is seeking the truth. But are we really ready to accept and handle the truth? Are we equipped to receive the truth?

By being Holy.  How? Purification gained by separation from the world and living a life so aligned with God that it reflects his passions. From here God will set you apart and equip you by the Spirit and readied by God’s word to enter the world without being victimized by its darkness.

I have given them your word. And the world hates them because they do not belong to the world. I am not asking you to take them out of the world, but to keep them safe from the evil one.

The above scripture reveals why a lot of so called men of God refuse to say the truth. Because when you say the truth, the world must hate you. Therefore, if you are not called by God into ministry and you speak the truth to the wrong people, na wahala be dat. Why? Because the spiritual initiation required before the ministry can commence is non existence. That is the reason why falsehood ministries are everywhere.

And when he comes, he will convict the world of its sin, and of God’s righteousness, and of the coming judgement.

As light penetrates darkness, so the Spirit of truth will give us the ability to penetrate what is true or false. It is the Spirit of truth that does the conviction on our behalf. That is why without it , the life of a Christian is useless.

Titus 1:15-16
Everything is pure to those whose hearts are pure. But nothing is pure to those who are corrupt and unbelieving, because their minds and consciences are corrupted. Such people claim to know God, but they deny him by the way they live. They are detestable and disobedient, worthless for doing anything good.

A so called man of God living the wrong life is worthless for doing anything good. How can such person lead a flock of people and not lead them astray. By their fruit, you shall know them.

CONCLUSION

Psalm 19:8
The instructions of the Lord are prefect, reviving the soul. The decrees of the Lord are trustworthy making the wise the simple. The commandments of the Lord are clear giving insight for living.

The Spirit of Truth will never lead you astray. It path is God’s way.

God bless Wink[/Quote]you do not have to be a ph.d holder to know 1 john 4.1 is either from a guy named john or jesus. if it was jesus, then this compliments the verses that spoke about the another comforter to come, and this comforter will speak only what he hears from God. God does not have to hear from God before God speaks what he hears from God. interesting enough, before i continue, each time the bible says God speaks, He speaks to humans as in the burning bush with Moses, and His voice that they claimed that they heard at the baptism [bar mitvah] along with the spirit that was like a dove which descended. God also spoke to humans as in inspiring the prophet to say what He wants the community of people they preached to hear, as in jesus saying 'hear, oh israel, your Lord and my Lord, is but One God.'

it becomes a thing of doubt therefore like the way God Who is always One becomes 3 in Trinity, when they say after Jesus was lifted by his Creator, the same Creator now comes as a spirit that is not visible like the dove in the time of baptism, and has no voice to be heard like the times of the burning bush and the baptism. you will easily be able to conclude that the God Who wants to make things clear because He is not the Author of confusion at the same time, from the same book He penned take confusion n to astronomical level. He changed from direct to allowing honest people to doubt His Willingness to eliminate confusion, or is His intention after jesus by the bible to confuse so that the whole belief is now blind faith? how do you know in that state of blind faith when the 'evil one' is not in control?

if you joe agbaje does not believe that the 1 john 4;1 expects prophets which one of them will be a prophet from God while others are prophets from their own desires, then why are you still a christian since that verse, again, here below has 'prophets' in it to denote there will be false prophets because they will fail the test, in spite of their claims while at least there will be a true prophet who will pass the same test; [Quote]1 John 4:1 warns us
Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit[/b]. You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false [b]prophets in the world[/Quote]

note that no where in the three verses that it says the true prophet that will pass the test will be christian or preach the gospel of luke, mark, matthew or john [you may wish to add according to], but that he will preach the truth and will be hated but will show mercy to those who hated his preaching,  a town, a village, a people. he will not be unjust to them because they merely hate his preaching of the message from God. pay attention to the biblical verse here [Quote]John 17:14-15
I have given them your word. And the world hates them because they do not belong to the world. I am not asking you to take them out of the world, but to keep them safe from the evil one[/Quote]correct me if this is already fulfilled by a christian person or has the spirit fulfilled it or has jesus returned to fulfill it? since you said it is the spirit, i am assuming it is the Spirit of God you are talking about?

you will note that no muslim or jew hates God and since we can't see Him, though He sees all, we all have no doubt this is a spiritual matter. who hates God after that verse was written? if you can say, i will tell you who hated Muhammad; people of Taif when he went to preach to them after the sad story of the insolent makkans. The people of Taif listened, though already poisoned by the makkans and the strong stand of the messenger [as] against idolatry, they ask the youth of the city to stone the prophet, all the way to beyond the city limit. you should research this event and come to your own conclusion in the light of that biblical verse, because Malaika Jibrl [ruuh qudus; holy spirit] came with the angel in charge of the mountains. taif is a city between two mountain ranges, which the angel sad he has been authorized by Allah to folow the command of Muhammad on the situation he has experienced in Taif.

the angel waited for Muhammad [as] to ask for the destruction of the people, but he only asked that Allah preserve them so that if they do not accept islam, their offspring in the future will. the people were not destroyed by collapsing mountains over them, instead in the lifetime of the messenger they began to accept islam and no one from that city except that he is a muslim, today. this event also show mercy and the miracle that God allows from the lips of Muhammad [as]. it is fulfilled; a statement from al suurdiqiin [the speaker of truth], unlike the biblical 'i will return while some of you are still alive', which is false now, unless some guy is still alive in the past 2 k years?

While i think you are insincere, you should be bold this one time to let me know how the spirit that does not speak and you can see him is able to fulfill the below. i need to see the collection of his instructions. sad instruction must be uniform, unchanging and binding till the end of time, otherwise you need a better and newer mouse trap; [Quote]John 16:8
And when he comes, he will convict the world of its sin, and of God’s righteousness, and of the coming judgement.[/Quote]does this not compliment what jesus said about the 'another comforter', or this is a new entity entirely?

[Quote]Quote
yommyuk [abayomi], who is this one prophet of God  who is to convict the world of its sin

The person who will convict the world of sin is the holy spirit. He is not a prophet[/Quote]show me how this is the holy spirit? which people hate the holy spiit and how does the holy spirit fulfill this verse, since he is God also? Joeagbaje, you are in a pickle. and they are saying pickled vegetables may be carcinogenic. i wanna see how you will untangle yourself from this, though you simply walked away on the Abraham thread which you started and avoided it until you invited me as if you could handle hot issues like that; [Quote]John 17:14-15
I have given them your word. And the world hates them because they do not belong to the world. I am not asking you to take them out of the world, but to keep them safe from the evil one[/Quote]
Re: Guided By The Spirit Of Truth by Sweetnecta: 12:18pm On Jun 22, 2011
@Enigma; [Quote]Romans 16:27

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

and Stephen praying to Christ

Acts 7
59While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” 60Then he fell on his knees and cried out, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” When he had said this, he fell asleep.

So when opaks Oyaks preaches a message so contrary to the Bible, has he not defined himself as a false teacher and possibly an anti-Christ?[/Quote]but none of the disciples was at the killing of Jesus? if stephen was there, shouldn't he have his own 'gospel' instead of the mark and others of later period? its amazing that stephen could fall asleep in all of that chaos! finally, if jesus himself prayed to God Who sent him, bowing and prostrating himself in the garden, praying to jesus will be actually praying to a god who himself prays to God. do you agree here or not? will this not be a complete idolatry? i say christian idolatry started way back then, if the situation with stephen is true!
Re: Guided By The Spirit Of Truth by mabell: 12:21pm On Jun 22, 2011
@Enigma
I think you are the one actually misunderstanding Pst Chris
Rather than go about throwing tantrums, you should be humble enough to study the scriptures
Than to come up with wrong conclusions
Re: Guided By The Spirit Of Truth by Sweetnecta: 12:22pm On Jun 22, 2011
but you guys always say in jesus name, which is what your man oyakhilome is saying. at least some of you are on the wrong path. maybe its all of you. what do you thnk, enigma?

jeoagnaje; enigma is talking about you main man. whats up with that?
Re: Guided By The Spirit Of Truth by Enigma(m): 12:29pm On Jun 22, 2011
^^^^ Christians do not have a problem to pray:

1. in Jesus' name
2. through the name of Jesus
3. through Jesus
4. to Jesus

Some teachers of anti-Christ messages are the ones saying Christians should not pray to or through Christ.
Re: Guided By The Spirit Of Truth by Enigma(m): 12:35pm On Jun 22, 2011
mabell:

@Enigma
I think you are the one actually misunderstanding Pst Chris
Rather than go about throwing tantrums, you should be humble enough to study the scriptures
Than to come up with wrong conclusions

Why are you guys so full of deceit? Why does the spirit of deceit pervade Chris Embassy (CEC)?

Did Oyakhilome not say it is wrong to pray to Christ?

Did Oyakhilome not say it is wrong to pray through Christ?

Try and lie and deceive your way out of those?
Re: Guided By The Spirit Of Truth by Sweetnecta: 12:41pm On Jun 22, 2011
i asked Enigma about stephen, he avoided my question. i wonder if oyakhiome is right 50%, your considering him an anti christ may actually be 50% wrong, at most.
Re: Guided By The Spirit Of Truth by Enigma(m): 12:48pm On Jun 22, 2011
^^^^I have a by far more important agenda at the moment; maybe another day and another thread I will have time for your enquiries.
Re: Guided By The Spirit Of Truth by PastorAIO: 1:00pm On Jun 22, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@Enigma; but none of the disciples was at the killing of Jesus? if stephen was there, shouldn't he have his own 'gospel' instead of the mark and others of later period?[b] its amazing that stephen could fall asleep in all of that chaos! [/b]finally, if jesus himself prayed to God Who sent him, bowing and prostrating himself in the garden, praying to jesus will be actually praying to a god who himself prays to God. do you agree here or not? will this not be a complete idolatry? i say christian idolatry started way back then, if the situation with stephen is true!

cheesy cheesy cheesy Come on! Surely you guys can see the funny side of this guy. He has me in stitches most of the time. So far you don't take him seriously.
Re: Guided By The Spirit Of Truth by Sweetnecta: 3:24pm On Jun 22, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
you always leave me scratching my head. is it joeagbaje you are referring to? if thats it, take it up with him. be specific instead of trying to be on the safe side. we are not the little oyinbo boys who ganged up on you in the years past. you should have grown to adulthood by now and let bygone be bygone, instead of still up on your guards, always concern that somebody is gonna get you like the boys in the boarding school. awa ara wa lawa. make yourself clear because i do not know how to deal with oniwo of ifa. i do not get involve with odu ifa.

if it is me that have you in stitches, then how so by what i said about stephen, in my above post? if this is the condition you have experienced with me, the swam of young white boys of your yester years have really bruised you up. you seem to be still mending the non healing wound,
Re: Guided By The Spirit Of Truth by Joagbaje(m): 4:22pm On Jun 22, 2011
John 16:23
23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

This is what Jesus said. We don't have to pray to him. Rather we go to the father direct. In his name and not through his name. So if enigma says Stephen prayed to Jesus . Who is wrong? It's either Stephen was wrong or Stephen wasn't actually making a prayer and enigma couldn't discern the difference. So why not study more. Was Jesus wrong in his speech ?
Re: Guided By The Spirit Of Truth by Enigma(m): 4:37pm On Jun 22, 2011
^^^ Or maybe you have not taken the whole counsel of God and have submitted yourself to anti-Christ teaching.

Now you have said Stephen was wrong to pray to Christ!

Alright what about these other instances, was the person also wrong to pray through Christ:

Hebrews 13
20Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Romans 16:27

If those instances were also wrong that means you and your anti-Christ boss know more than Stephen and more than the apostle Pauil. That also means we should modify the book of Acts with a note that Stephen's prayer was wrong; we should also modify the various epistles where Christians prayed through Christ.

PS Your "his ability in us" twist does not work with those prayers in the epistles, so please try something else.
Re: Guided By The Spirit Of Truth by Enigma(m): 5:12pm On Jun 22, 2011
OK let us deal with this "in my name" business.

First of all, I have made clear repeatedly that Christians have no problem to pray in Jesus' name, through Jesus' name, through Jesus or to Jesus.

However, Jesus Christ Himself warned us about some people who would use his name:

1, Some of them will claim to prophesy, cast out demons, do miracles etc "in your name" i.e "in Jesus' name" ---- yet it will turn out that they were false teachers and anti-Christs all along.  Matthew 7
. 22Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!

2. Jesus also warned us that some of them would come and say "I am Christ"  ----- exactly what the people we are dealing with are saying today. Matthew 24
4Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Christ,a’ and will deceive many.

So Christians who are mindful of the words of Jesus Himself need to beware. The fact that someone --- whether "pastor chris" or some other G.O. etc --- uses "in Jesus name" or teaches to pray, cast out demons etc "in Jesus' name" is not enough to accept that they are working in and with the Spirit of God.

Someone working in the Spirit of God will not teach people not to pray to or through Christ. The likelihood is that it is one of those persons doing all these casting out, prophesying etc "in your name" but whom probably Jesus would tell "I never knew you".

In the next post let us move to a different teaching and see what excuse we get.
Re: Guided By The Spirit Of Truth by Enigma(m): 5:17pm On Jun 22, 2011
OK: our man has also taught that those not paying "tithes" are robbing God.

Task one: give the CEC people an opportunity to deny that Oyakhilome has taught this; then we can move on to task two - to check whether it is biblically accurate or not.

So CEC people: has or has not Oyaks said that those not paying tithes are robbing God?
Re: Guided By The Spirit Of Truth by newmi(m): 5:33pm On Jun 22, 2011
Joagbaje:

There is no suggestion that a prophet is coming in that scripture. The only person coming is the antichrist

The person who will convict the world of sin is the holy spirit. He is not a prophet
John 16:7
7 However, I am telling you nothing but the truth when I say it is profitable( good, expedient, advantageous) for you that I go away. Because if I do not go away, the Comforter( Counselor, Helper, Advocate, Intercessor, Strengthener, Standby) will not come to you[ into close fellowship with you]; but if I go away, I will send Him to you[ to be in close fellowship with you].
Re: Guided By The Spirit Of Truth by newmi(m): 5:37pm On Jun 22, 2011
8 And when He comes, He will convict and convince the world and bring demonstration to it about sin and about righteousness( uprightness of heart and right standing with God) and about judgment:
Re: Guided By The Spirit Of Truth by newmi(m): 5:39pm On Jun 22, 2011
He is real not a prophet, He is the promised Holy Spirit of Jesus spoke about in John 16:13, John 14:16-17, John 15:26 still the same person spoken of in Luke 24:49. Isaiah 44:3, Joel 2:28 l can go on and on.
Re: Guided By The Spirit Of Truth by yommyuk: 8:34pm On Jun 22, 2011
Sweetnecta:

from this verse, [s]there is definitely a prophet of God, being a spirit from God, speaking by the spirit that must come. [/s] not more than one real prophet is expected, while the rest are liars being false prophets.

yommyuk [abayomi] cool, who is this one prophet of God who is to convict the world of its sin, and of God's righteousness, and the coming judgment? i ask all the christian men and women on nairaland to be bold enough and give us his name. that is if you are sincerely knowledgeable of your bible. that is if you are honest enough to speak the truth when you know it, not conjecture otherwise forever keep quite. or has the true prophet of God in the above verse of nt not arrived yet? are we still expecting him, hence what the christians are doing now, the jews are doing, the muslims are doing as well as what others are doing is wrong?

if the christians are the correct people, then this prophet must have already came as a christian, so you will easily give his name. don't be shy about it.

if this prophet came already as a non christian, we are certain he was either a jew by faith or a muslim by faith. or do you guys have any other suggestion?

@all christians, blame yommyuk for giving me a good opening to suck it up to you.

@Sweetnecta

Bro Jo has answered your question on my behalf.

Joagbaje:

The person who will convict the world of sin is the holy spirit. He is not a prophet wink

@sweetnecta, to u, Jesus is only a phophet which to an extend is partly true. But to me, Jesus is more than a prophet.

The bible tells me in John 4:25-26

The woman said, "I know the Messiah is coming, the one who is called Christ. When he comes, he will explain everything to us."
Then Jesus told her, " I am the Messiah!"

In regards your passion for Islam, bro I admire u. But how better would it have been for you if you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and savior.

Why?

Mark 6:4
Then Jesus told them, " A prophet is honored everywhere except in his own hometown and among his relatives and his own family.

In you I see God placing a trial before you. You will call upon Allah and he will resist your call for a while untill you call upon him in Jesus Name.
Continue in your unbelief and prowling around NL and mark my word. cool
Re: Guided By The Spirit Of Truth by Sweetnecta: 12:16am On Jun 23, 2011
@Joeagbaje and yommyuk; ^^^^^^^^^^^ you have entered the same camp as joeagbaje. both of you are wrong with your opinion because it is against your own bible; look at what the bible says, quoted by yommyuk; how did you guys overlook the work prophets, and the expression 'i have given them your word', both in bold? explain if it is the false prophets that are given them His word, when the pronoun 'I' was used.
[Quote]1 John 4:1 warns us

Not one or a few, but “MANY”. To apply the above to this age we are living, I will say “For there are so many false men of God in the world”. They give false hope. They preach a diluted gospel which is leading the flock astray. Their preaching doesn’t come from the heart but from the mouth. To them the gospel is about money and worldly gains. I say “WOE UNTO THEM”

By being Holy. How? Purification gained by separation from the world and living a life so aligned with God that it reflects his passions. From here God will set you apart and equip you by the Spirit and readied by God’s word to enter the world without being victimized by its darkness.

I have given them your word. And the world hates them because they do not belong to the world. I am not asking you to take them out of the world, but to keep them safe from the evil one.[/Quote] joeagbaje must be wrong here f he says there is no prophet coming, yet apart from the false prophets who will fail the 'spirit test', somebody is to pass it who will give the them His word. please explain all of these and you claim below
[Quote]Quote from: Joagbaje on Today at 06:32:42 AM
There is no suggestion that a prophet is coming in that scripture. The only person coming is the antichrist[/Quote]

[Quote]The person who will convict the world of sin is the holy spirit. He is not a prophet
John 16:7
7 However, I am telling you nothing but the truth when I say it is profitable( good, expedient, advantageous) for you that I go away. Because if I do not go away, the Comforter( Counselor, Helper, Advocate, Intercessor, Strengthener, Standby) will not come to you[ into close fellowship with you]; but if I go away, I will send Him to you[ to be in close fellowship with you].[/Quote] how is it possible for God Himself, since you guys say that that is what the Holy Spirit is, going to be sent by Jesus, when you actually believe that the same Holy Ghost is the only one that to sin against Him is worse than sinning against Jesus or Yahweh; Yahweh being that Holy Ghost or the Holy Ghost being Yahweh? Finally, how is Yahweh as the Holy Ghost, being Another Comforter [some comforter[s]] must be sent by mere Jesus and also to report to Yahweh that he has delivered Yahweh's word? How does Yahweh report to Yahweh that He has delivered Yahweh's Word to man, especially that this Yahweh delivering the Word does not speak any human language? look at the below and explain yourselves;
[Quote]John 17:14-15
I have given them your word. And the world hates them because they do not belong to the world. I am not asking you to take them out of the world, but to keep them safe from the evil one.[/Quote]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Religion Does Not Instill Morality. --- Christopher Hitchens. / Archbishop Jozef Wesolowski Stored Over 100,000 Child Porn Videos / Ten(10) Things God Wants You To Remember!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.