Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

POS Terminal Scam - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / POS Terminal Scam (239 Views)

POS Terminal Scam / Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) / Get A Moniepoints POS Terminal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

POS Terminal Scam by Oldmansense(m): 5:03pm On Jan 28, 2022
This is an eye opening experience.
Just recently while on Facebook, I came across a sponsored add from paga. I decided to click on the link which has to do with purchase and delivery of POS terminals for those interested in agency bankin and for their retail shops. After clicking on the add I was redirected to WhatsApp where I automatically hooked up to a business account. Immediately I messaged him, an auto generated message came up with the following notes:: "Be inform that android POS is very much available now
Kindly use link below to view catalogues" I continued to chat with him and he quickly dropped this: The next available representative will attend to you shortly
While you wait, kindly Choose a category your enquiry is about thank you,
1.Smart (Andriod) POS
2.Analogue POS
3.Mini POS.
I choose one of his options and he gave me the basic requirements which I have. One of the requirements include having between 50k to 100k as my business capital. Which will be credited to my paga wallet as a proof that I have all it takes to start the business. I quickly funded my paga account and sent him the screenshot of my wallet balance. He then asked me to stay connected online while he will do the onboarding process. I waited while he requests for information from me which includes: valid ID, passport, next of kin details, screenshot of my wallet balance, utility bill and delivery address. I believed everything until I was told to send the verification code sent to me to complete the final stage. I received a password reset code instead, so I became curious of why my account password needs to be changed, he quickly said I should not be sceptical (a word that defines fraud to me) about it that he is legit and sent me his working ID which increased my doubt because it was just an ID designed on a plane orange background and the gradients was just too perfect to be true. So I decided not to send it and insisted he use backend to get whatever information he needs. Immediately he rained curses on me. I know many have been defrauded in this manner. So I decided to initiate another chat with him again using another WhatsApp number just to gather his working format because immediately after our conversation then, he deleted everything so I can't keep them. But this time around I copied every of our conversation and also kept screenshots which I will be attaching to this . Kindly advise your loved one's who has interest in agency banking to locate their state offices to avoid situations like this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: POS Terminal Scam by Iniobong34: 5:43pm On Jan 28, 2022
Cases like this is were you need to apply common sense. Add in been you didn't have a rethinking memory maybe u for dey somewhere dey cry (had i know)
God bless you for sharing this vital info
Re: POS Terminal Scam by fullnetwork: 5:47pm On Jan 28, 2022
Thank you for being smart.
Many will over trust and fall for this.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How can I promote my Jewelry Business online / Business Ideas Needed / If You Are Into Phone Accessories Or Know Someone, Check This Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.