Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,721 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run (16732 Views)

Abia PDP Ignores Ikpeazu, Vows To Challenge Alex Otti's Victory In Court / PDP Ignores Wike, Set To Embark On Campaign With Ayu As Chairman / PDP Ignores Court Order, Holds Election In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by Honor10: 12:22pm On Jan 29, 2022
helpee:
Keep shut. The hausas didn't even know TOFa. Why would they vote him? It was just because NRC must produce a candidate. It was a one way traffic for Abiola. Kingigbe carried more weight and he was already abiola's deputy and he belonged to the powerful yardua group controlling the north as at then..Ciroma and co also endorsed him. That time too, Nigeria was not polarised along ethnic line this. There was no ighoho, no kanu and no suicide bombing. This is very very different

You will get sense in 2023.
Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by christistruth01: 12:26pm On Jan 29, 2022
PDP are Hypocrites

So why did they Zone the PDP Chairman to the North ?

PDP has just disowned the South East

and after 22 years of Loyalty it is Completely

unfair
Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by helpee(m): 12:33pm On Jan 29, 2022
Honor10:

You will get sense in 2023.
I don't care anyway. I am.only pointing out facts to you. I have nothing to gain from anyone that wins. They are all the same.Just arrange your family out of the country for better life so there is no sense I am getting in 2023.

IF YOU WANT TO REPLICATE 1993, THEY WILL HAVE TO BAN ATIKU, SARAKI, TAMBUWAL etc ( the same way babangida banned yardua, Ciroma shinkafi) and then nominate garba shehu as the northern candidate. This was the exact scenario in 1993. Comparing present situation to that time is fooolish.

FINALLY, 1983- Yoruba candidate - Tears
1993- Yoruba candidate- Tears
2003- Yoruba son but not their candidate- Won
2023- Yoruba candidate-

Any year that ends with 3 has historically ended in tears for Yoruba candidates

1 Like

Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by angelicwing: 12:37pm On Jan 29, 2022
RolexOfGeneva:

For your information. APC has never gotten up to 20 percent of votes in all the SS and SE states put together. They have never won a state in those regions in open play except through the Supreme Court.
I'm from a SS state and I can tell you boldly that the APC lacks structure and is still an unknown party in the SS and SE, more surprising is the fact that they have done virtually nothing to rectify this issue.
Hope you know SS also includes Edo state?
Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by Osilama1: 12:56pm On Jan 29, 2022
ityP:

They'll also not vote an Igbo man. Rest
nobi PDP Dem go vote?? But Ina gode shout Igbo presidency...
Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by Jagunlabiodua: 12:59pm On Jan 29, 2022
I will remind you here when the results are out. Tinubu will defeat Atiku by a Landslide in the south South and South East. Take it to the bank 2023 Jagaban will redrawn the political maoThe entire
Bobloco:

Tinubu will never, read it again never defeat Atiku in the 2023 election.

Tinubu as the APC presidential candidate will not defeat Atiku as the PDP candidate. During the 2019 election, Atiku gave Buhari a good fight even with Buhari's traditional 12million votes

Note this:
Tinubu will never defeat Atiku in Rivers, Delta, cross River, Edo and Bayelsa. Atiku will defeat Tinubu in all the North West and north eastern states, down to Benue, Nasarawa, Abuja and Niger State.
Take it to the bank
Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by ityP(m): 1:05pm On Jan 29, 2022
Osilama1:
nobi PDP Dem go vote?? But Ina gode shout Igbo presidency...

Who's shouting Igbo presidency? Any party that chooses an Igbo man as flag bearer is not ready to win even 5 states
Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by RolexOfGeneva(m): 1:11pm On Jan 29, 2022
espn:
What's the total number of votes that comes from SS and SE combined?
Good question. In the top 15 most popolous states in Nigeria, five are from that region{Rivers, Anambra, Delta, Imo and Akwa Ibom. Meanwhile.
In comparison, there are only two from the SouthWest{Lagos and Oyo}.
Underestimate that region at your own peril.
Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by Danjikanbauchi: 1:14pm On Jan 29, 2022
Any man that have exited the party and come back is a political prostitute and should not be allow to hold any office again through the party for some years.
Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by RolexOfGeneva(m): 1:15pm On Jan 29, 2022
princdebola201:
Liar, Apc got 35% votes in south south 2019. The statistics re there.
How many from South East? I combined the two regions.
Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by humility33(m): 1:22pm On Jan 29, 2022
chamboy:
So this Igbos still dey believe in four years atiku scam. Nawa oo
Says a cunny fox

You know your Tinubu stand no chance with Atiku
So u want PDP to Present an Ibo man so that you guys can floor him grin

1 Like

Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by princdebola201(m): 1:36pm On Jan 29, 2022
RolexOfGeneva:

They got 19% from south east
Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by Validated: 1:37pm On Jan 29, 2022
Best decision
Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by Validated: 1:40pm On Jan 29, 2022
chamboy:
So this Igbos still dey believe in four years atiku scam. Nawa oo
Igbos better wait for 4 or 8 yrars than another 16 years. Get VP in 2023 and President in 2020 or 2032 is better than waiting till 2039.
Moreover, with the mood of the nation and ipob activities SE stabds not much vhance today.

1 Like

Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by oyatz(m): 1:47pm On Jan 29, 2022
Macphenson:
I once said that Tinubu's greed will only perpetuate power in the north.

If there must be zoning, definitely there must be microzoning.

Tinubu's tracherous betrayal of GEJ ( and by extension the entire south) claiming sufferistication is the bane of southern president.

The north will continue to exploit the disunity among the south. Its even more insulting to other southern region that Tinubu wants to be president after helping in moving power domiciled in south to north.

Lets watch and see. 2023 election is going to be very interesting. Tinubu must contest.

He will understand North has no political party.

The topic is about PDP and what they plan to do but you turning it into Tinubu thread and blaming Tinubu who is not a member of the PDP.
Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by oyatz(m): 2:00pm On Jan 29, 2022
ityP:

This is just the fact. Except they are lying to themselves. SS are even more vexed because this same APC, no allow their brother continue him reign. Only the SS no rule for complete 8 years o. E still dey pain them for south south. SE is a no go area. They hate APC more than they hate northerners. I mean, they voted Atiku and Yaradua

Which party is Sen Ovie Omo-Agege (Deputy Senate President), Godswill Akpabio and Gov Ben Ayade working for?
Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by oyatz(m): 2:01pm On Jan 29, 2022
ityP:

He seems to be the most powerful candidate in APC as we speak. Except he selects a candidate himself, if not, he will be APCs flag bearer

You are contradicting yourself.
Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by oyatz(m): 2:10pm On Jan 29, 2022
ityP:

Lol. Even now, it's clear he doesn't have the support of many in the party. I mean, the north don't play blind politics. This time is too delicate for them. The restructuring issue dey fear them. Ranching and open grazing too. They would not want a man they see as "too cunning" to be president. Plus, if he doesn't go for a Muslim vice, it will compound his woes.

Why do you think only Tinubu can do things that that you just mentioned?

Why do you think the other aspirants can't do all these?

In any case, how do you prevent changes and for how long in a heterogeneous country?
Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by Osilama1: 2:19pm On Jan 29, 2022
ityP:

Who's shouting Igbo presidency? Any party that chooses an Igbo man as flag bearer is not ready to win even 5 states
u don't know politics simple
Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by garfield1: 2:47pm On Jan 29, 2022
RolexOfGeneva:

For your information. APC has never gotten up to 20 percent of votes in all the SS and SE states put together. They have never won a state in those regions in open play except through the Supreme Court.
I'm from a SS state and I can tell you boldly that the APC lacks structure and is still an unknown party in the SS and SE, more surprising is the fact that they have done virtually nothing to rectify this issue.

In 2016,APC won Edo.in 2015,APC won IMO state in guber polls.inspite of the media hatred,buhari got 32% in ss. He got 25% in CRs,aks,delta.he got 40% in Edo and bayelsa and 20% in rivers.in the east,he got 25 in IMO,abia and ebonyi.the next APC candidate will get more while PDP will get less
Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by ityP(m): 2:57pm On Jan 29, 2022
Osilama1:
u don't know politics simple

I should be telling you this
Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by ityP(m): 2:58pm On Jan 29, 2022
oyatz:

You are contradicting yourself.

I'm not. Tinubu would definitely win APC primaries. But if he faces an Atiku or Kwankwaso in the main election, he will lose.
Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by ityP(m): 3:04pm On Jan 29, 2022
oyatz:

Which party is Sen Ovie Omo-Agege (Deputy Senate President), Godswill Akpabio and Gov Ben Ayade working for?

Akpabio has lost political relevance in akwa ibom, dude just went to APC to steal unprovoked. APC is so hated in Akwa Ibom. Same thing with Ben Ayade. Cross River state no send him papa. Na PDP dem know. Same thing with Delta state. Na PDP state be that.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by Optma88: 3:06pm On Jan 29, 2022
You get bad mouth
omenkaLives:
Okoro, carry your saliva to Wadata Plaza abeg. Before you eat me. You're sounding very angry and frustrated already. Na to remove machete remain. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by garfield1: 3:23pm On Jan 29, 2022
RolexOfGeneva:

Total votes in ss/se was 5 milllion and APC got 1.5 million which is 30%.tinubu or any osibanjo will get more
Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by garfield1: 3:25pm On Jan 29, 2022
ityP:

Akpabio has lost political relevance in akwa ibom, dude just went to APC to steal unprovoked. APC is so hated in Akwa Ibom. Same thing with Ben Ayade. Cross River state no send him papa. Na PDP dem know. Same thing with Delta state. Na PDP state be that.

That is not true.akwa ibom is 30% APC and crs is 50 50.the coningg bye elections in crs will reveal who is stronger
Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by rickyrex(m): 4:21pm On Jan 29, 2022
contigiency:
No problem, it will still not make them to win. As far as voting in Nigeria is still largely done by village old men and women and it still reflects party structure, APC will still win them with a very wide margin regardless of who they choose. On the other hand, It fits especially my Igbo brothers who were busy picking quarrels with some of us for identifying with APC. To them, we are zombies and Efulefu. Today, between us and them who does those names fits very well?
you never witness election for north so keep mute
Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by Beress(m): 5:48pm On Jan 29, 2022
ipobarethieves:
cool May lightening strike the balls of the Northerners that want to become President after Bubu 8 yrs

But that same thunder will not strike Yorubas who want to become President after Obasanjos 8 years and Osinbajos 8 years as VP when Igbos never be any of the above?

1 Like

Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by oyatz(m): 6:28pm On Jan 29, 2022
ityP:

Okay, how many votes will the APC get in Cross-River, Delta State?

What these politicians gain if PDP win?
Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by Deadlytruth(m): 6:39pm On Jan 29, 2022
helpee:

Why are you guys like this? let me copy the response I gave to your fellow indomie generation.

I guess you were a a baby in 1993. Tofa was a joker . He did not even know the price of petrol. He didn't know dollar conversion to naira. He was just like a spoilt brat. The only person that could have challenged abiola was kingigbe and he was made his deputy..TOFA was an unknown person suddenly emerging as a candidate. He didn't have any television campaign until a week before and there was no internet then. TOFA was not a northern candidate. If you are comparing ATIKU or tambuwal to TOFA you are a baby ..an indomie generation
Read a little about him here. The guy was an unknown Kano boy that came from nowhere. You are comparing him to ATIKU. ? you are definitely an indomie generation. https://thenationonlineng.net/bashir-tofa-what-manner-of-man/

See goalpost shifter ooooo! You said all it takes the North to vote for their own is for that one of theirs to be in any ticket of any party against any Southerner, but once your hypothesis got bursted you quickly began to amend it by bringing in the issue of Tofa being an unknown entity. Why didn't you craft your initial claim as follows: "You think Fulanis will leave their own popular brother to vote for a Southerner?"
The truth is that MKO Abiola was a movement back then and no Northerner could have defeated him in that election. All before then his records of philanthropy even in the North couldn't be matched by any Northerner. It was just like how impossible it was for a Northerner to defeat Jonathan in 2011 due to some of his extremely compelling gestures of messiahship and ideal politicking e g. his attitude of congratulating the opposition wherever they won through the ballot or courts, his visits to the victims of disasters right inside their wards in the hospitals, his demonstrated listening ear by way of his immediate sack of Aondoakaa, his 2011 ambition declaration speech which enthralled nearly everyone into believing that an entirely New Nigeria totally devoid of the ugly past represented by Obasanjo and Yaradua was imminent, etc. Though he later backslid in all of that to the utter disappointment of the common man.
You are the indomie generation youth here else you would have also known that Atiku was by far stronger than Kingibe in the SDP but Abiola beat Atiku in the SDP primaries back then. Kingibe wasn't even known all over Nigeria the way Abiola already was.
Northerners aren't really as unreasonable as some of you assume. I lived among them for ten years and understand them a lot. Their culture promotes gratitude, commitment to values, loyalty to benefactors and deep reciprocative love for anyone who respects their culture and accepts the way they are without unduly deriding their ways of life. They only stop upholding all that during religious crisis which once over they revert immediately.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by RolexOfGeneva(m): 6:59pm On Jan 29, 2022
garfield1:

Total votes in ss/se was 5 milllion and APC got 1.5 million which is 30%.tinubu or any osibanjo will get more
Look at APC's percentage column in the table below. Get a calculator and calculate the average for SS and SE states. You'll get 19. 4 percent. Wicked Anambra even gave them just 5 percent grin.
That was Buhari ooo dat Igbos even prefer to Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by Tomek09(m): 7:03pm On Jan 29, 2022
[s]
Jagunlabiodua:
South West alone can't produce president but Yoruba tribe in Nigeria can produce the president alone while the next tribe supports as Vice president but for president Yoruba are the ones who decide who rules and Yorubas are silent Majority in Nigeria. SS half is Western Nigeria ( Edo Delta) NC Yorubas are there in Kogi and Kwara, some even in Niger 2023. In 2023 APC Fielding Tinubu is 100% victory for Tinubu vs any Northern Fulani man like Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal all these men can't withstand Jagaban. I'm telling you Jagaban will defeat Atiku in South South and South East in 2023. Tinubu will also beat Atiku in the North Central, Tinubu will beat Atiku in Rivers, Delta, Cross River, Edo, Bayelsa by a Landslide. Forget social media rants when the time comes Tinubu will emerge victorious
[/s]
Useless analysis.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

President Buhari Leaves His Polling Unit In Daura, After Casting His Vote / Loan Default: DMO Says China Won’t Take Possession Of Projects In Nigeria / Why I Went To Cote D'ivorie; I Didn't Run Away - Ojukwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.