Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,076 members, 7,828,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run (16771 Views)

Abia PDP Ignores Ikpeazu, Vows To Challenge Alex Otti's Victory In Court / PDP Ignores Wike, Set To Embark On Campaign With Ayu As Chairman / PDP Ignores Court Order, Holds Election In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by helpee(m): 7:08pm On Jan 29, 2022
Deadlytruth:

See goalpost shifter ooooo! You said all it takes the North to vote for their own is for that one of theirs to be in any ticket of any party against any Southerner, but once your hypothesis got bursted you quickly began to amend it by bringing in the issue of Tofa being an unknown entity. Why didn't you craft your initial claim as follows: "You think Fulanis will leave their own popular brother to vote for a Southerner?"
The truth is that MKO Abiola was a movement back then and no Northerner could have defeated him in that election. All before then his records of philanthropy even in the North couldn't be matched by any Northerner. It was just like how impossible it was for a Northerner to defeat Jonathan in 2011 due to some of his extremely compelling gestures of messiahship and ideal politicking e g. his attitude of congratulating the opposition wherever they won through the ballot or courts, his visits to the victims of disasters right inside their wards in the hospitals, his demonstrated listening ear by way of his immediate sack of Aondoakaa, his 2011 ambition declaration speech which enthralled nearly everyone into believing that an entirely New Nigeria totally devoid of the ugly past represented by Obasanjo and Yaradua was imminent, etc. Though he later backslid in all of that to the utter disappointment of the common man.
You are the indomie generation youth here else you would have also known that Atiku was by far stronger than Kingibe in the SDP but Abiola beat Atiku in the SDP primaries back then. Kingibe wasn't even known all over Nigeria the way Abiola already was.
Northerners aren't really as unreasonable as some of you assume. I lived among them for ten years and understand them a lot. Their culture promotes gratitude, commitment to values, loyalty to benefactors and deep reciprocative love for anyone who respects their culture and accepts the way they are without unduly deriding their ways of life. They only stop upholding all that during religious crisis which once over they revert immediately.
What are you even saying? Kingigbe wasn't known? The result of the primaries saw ABIOLA COMING FIRST WITH 3600 ballots, kingigbe was second with 3200 and run off was held between kingibe and Abiola and Abiola won..The only thing you wanted to say was that ATIKU WAS SUPPORTED BY YAARDUA who was already banned. ATIKU was not known nationally in 1993 but yaardua was known. ATIKU only belonged to that movement and it was still that movement that nominated him as Obasanjo's VP. The context to which I spoke is clear. We are here discussing Tinubu versus the popular northern candidates. If he can't prevent the pDP from nominating a popular northern candidate, he will find it difficult. To make things easy for ABIOLA, he quickly made kingibe that came second in the primaries his vice president and at that point, no new northern candidate was left. If babangida didn't ban yardua, Abiola won't have an easy path despite his philantropy

KINGIBE WAS THE NATIONAL CHAIRMAN OF SDP the platform that Abiola contested on and you are saying he wasn't known. He came very close to Abiola in the primaries and defeated ATIKU despite having no single bloc of supporters but clusters of supporters nationally
Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by garfield1: 7:08pm On Jan 29, 2022
RolexOfGeneva:

Look at APC's percentage column in the table below. Get a calculator and calculate the average for SS and SE states. You'll get 19. 4 percent. Wicked Anambra even gave them just 5 percent grin.
That was Buhari ooo dat Igbos even prefer to Tinubu.

You are funny.before the elections you igbos claimed that buhari will get less than 5% in the ss and se.but what happen? He got 25% in 3 out of 5 Igbo states.in 2011,he got less than 5%.in 2015,he got 9%.his votes and that of APC are increasing.the next person will get more.PDP is finished nationally..atiku got 5% in borno state in his own backyard

1 Like

Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by Alba3: 7:12pm On Jan 29, 2022
helpee:
I don't care anyway. I am.only pointing out facts to you. I have nothing to gain from anyone that wins. They are all the same.Just arrange your family out of the country for better life so there is no sense I am getting in 2023.

IF YOU WANT TO REPLICATE 1993, THEY WILL HAVE TO BAN ATIKU, SARAKI, TAMBUWAL etc ( the same way babangida banned yardua, Ciroma shinkafi) and then nominate garba shehu as the northern candidate. This was the exact scenario in 1993. Comparing present situation to that time is fooolish.

FINALLY, 1983- Yoruba candidate - Tears
1993- Yoruba candidate- Tears
2003- Yoruba son but not their candidate- Won
2023- Yoruba candidate-

Any year that ends with 3 has historically ended in tears for Yoruba candidates
The last I checked Igbos have been the majority contestants from many parties in the presidential elections in Nigeria, just check 2007 contestants and they all lost. If Yoruba contest and loose, there's no big deal in that. This your mind game is childish; Yorubas are not that emotional.

1 Like

Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by helpee(m): 7:15pm On Jan 29, 2022
Alba3:

The last I checked Igbos have been the majority contestants from many parties in the presidential elections in Nigeria, just check 2007 contestants and they all lost. If Yoruba contest and loose, there's no big deal in that. This your mind game is childish.
look at this one. You think I am Ibo..You are the childish one here. I am yorub, omo.ekiti kete....just go and sit down. It is not everyone that don't support your candidate that is Ibo.
Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by Alba3: 7:19pm On Jan 29, 2022
helpee:
look at this one. You think I am Ibo..You are the childish one here. I am yorub, omo.ekiti kete....just go and sit down. It is not everyone that don't support your candidate that is Ibo.
Ibo lo ti a l'ekiti? Busted! Are you ashamed of your Akara, Isukwato?

2 Likes

Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by helpee(m): 7:21pm On Jan 29, 2022
Alba3:
Ibo lo ti a l'ekiti? Busted!
lol. Have you heard of USI ekiti? The home town of babalola borisade, former aviation/education minister, in ido/osi local govt, ekiti north senatorial District? Usi Oro, omo atoko bo, moun sibi Kan ni !!?

1 Like

Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by Bobloco: 7:32pm On Jan 29, 2022
Jagunlabiodua:
I will remind you here when the results are out. Tinubu will defeat Atiku by a Landslide in the south South and South East. Take it to the bank 2023 Jagaban will redrawn the political maoThe entire

I don't know where this over confidence is coming from that Tinubu will defeat Atiku, But
E go shock you!

Cos the reverse will be the case.

You think Tinubu is MKO and you think 2023 is 1993 when MKO defeated Tofa in Kano

1 Like

Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by ipobarethieves: 6:12am On Jan 30, 2022
Correction Yar Adua plus Bubu =12 yrs. Igbos are from Haiti sad/Biafra..
Beress:

But that same thunder will not strike Yorubas who want to become President after Obasanjos 8 years and Osinbajos 8 years as VP when Igbos never be any of the above?
Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by RolexOfGeneva(m): 7:00am On Jan 30, 2022
garfield1:

You are funny.before the elections you igbos claimed that buhari will get less than 5% in the ss and se.but what happen? He got 25% in 3 out of 5 Igbo states.in 2011,he got less than 5%.in 2015,he got 9%.his votes and that of APC are increasing.the next person will get more.PDP is finished nationally..atiku got 5% in borno state in his own backyard
Stop lying, Atiku had 7 percent in Borno and that was his lowest. That was where he was complaining of rigging because its not possible. It's just like Tinubu getting 7 percent in Osun.
Also, there are many Hausas and Yorubas in South East, that's where APC's 25 percent came from.
Igbos hate Tinubu more than Buhari because his wife and himself have maltreated the Igbos in Lagos so much. Remember what his wife did to Igbos during election period? It's payback time. Atiku is completely sweeping both SS and SE and northerners prefer to vote for their brother.
Only the West will vote Tinubu and I know some Yorubas that dislike him. Also, there are more Igbos than any other tribe in Lagos(besides, off course, Yorubas).
The only opponent Tinubu fears is Atiku. If PDP presents any other candidate, they are doomed.
Finally, I'm not of Igbo extraction.
Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by garfield1: 10:41am On Jan 30, 2022
RolexOfGeneva:

Stop lying, Atiku had 7 percent in Borno and that was his lowest. That was where he was complaining of rigging because its not possible. It's just like Tinubu getting 7 percent in Osun.
Also, there are many Hausas and Yorubas in South East, that's where APC's 25 percent came from.
Igbos hate Tinubu more than Buhari because his wife and himself have maltreated the Igbos in Lagos so much. Remember what his wife did to Igbos during election period? It's payback time. Atiku is completely sweeping both SS and SE and northerners prefer to vote for their brother.
Only the West will vote Tinubu and I know some Yorubas that dislike him. Also, there are more Igbos than any other tribe in Lagos(besides, off course, Yorubas).
The only opponent Tinubu fears is Atiku. If PDP presents any other candidate, they are doomed.
Finally, I'm not of Igbo extraction.

If yorubas and hausa in the east voted bl uhari,why didn't he get 25% in any eastern state in 2015? Right from 2003,PDP lowest votes always come from yobee and. Borno even when yaradua contested.why didn't he win. Bauvhi or gombe? He lost his ward and unit and won Adamawa narrowly...
If tinubu hates igbos, how come he appoints many igbos as commissioners and advisers? The head of the budget office Ben akabueze was nominated from Lagos...how many igbos hold posts in rivers,abuja,kano and Kaduna?? How many yorubas hold political posts in igboland? My friend,mind the way you vomit nonsense

1 Like

Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by RolexOfGeneva(m): 12:43pm On Jan 30, 2022
garfield1:

If yorubas and hausa in the east voted bl uhari,why didn't he get 25% in any eastern state in 2015? Right from 2003,PDP lowest votes always come from yobee and. Borno even when yaradua contested.why didn't he win. Bauvhi or gombe? He lost his ward and unit and won Adamawa narrowly...
If tinubu hates igbos, how come he appoints many igbos as commissioners and advisers? The head of the budget office Ben akabueze was nominated from Lagos...how many igbos hold posts in rivers,abuja,kano and Kaduna?? How many yorubas hold political posts in igboland? My friend,mind the way you vomit nonsense
He only appoints the likes of Joe Igbokwe and other confused Igbos into his cabinet. Igbos that will rather side with others to fight their brothers in times of trouble.
They are not there to make things better for Igbos.
They are only appointed as familiar weapons against Igbos.
Tinubu can never appoint a real Igbo man.
Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by garfield1: 1:21pm On Jan 30, 2022
RolexOfGeneva:

He only appoints the likes of Joe Igbokwe and other confused Igbos into his cabinet. Igbos that will rather side with others to fight their brothers in times of trouble.
They are not there to make things better for Igbos.
They are only appointed as familiar weapons against Igbos.
Tinubu can never appoint a real Igbo man.

What sort of rubbish talk is this? Are you ok? Are you expecting him to appoint people or igbos that will be against him? Which politician appoints opponents into his cabinet? Do you realize that once he appoints those that criticize him,they will cease criticism? What makes one a real and fake Igbo? Is it all igbos that hate tinubu? Is it all northerners that like buhari? The fact is that tinubu has appointed igbos and other non indigenes into Lagos govt which is unprecedented. No state has been able to do that...tinubu has even allowed opposition to win legislative seats in Lagos.have you gone close to igbokwe and akaueze to see how many igbos benefit from him? Since buhari appointed soludo into an fg committee,do you see him attack buhari? What nonsense
Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by RolexOfGeneva(m): 5:14am On Jan 31, 2022
garfield1:

What sort of rubbish talk is this? Are you ok? Are you expecting him to appoint people or igbos that will be against him? Which politician appoints opponents into his cabinet? Do you realize that once he appoints those that criticize him,they will cease criticism? What makes one a real and fake Igbo? Is it all igbos that hate tinubu? Is it all northerners that like buhari? The fact is that tinubu has appointed igbos and other non indigenes into Lagos govt which is unprecedented. No state has been able to do that...tinubu has even allowed opposition to win legislative seats in Lagos.have you gone close to igbokwe and akaueze to see how many igbos benefit from him? Since buhari appointed soludo into an fg committee,do you see him attack buhari? What nonsense
Lagos is a mega State. Lagos state belongs to no one, not even the true Lagosians.
In fact, there are more outsiders in Lagos than indigenes, same as in New York, London, etc.
In Mega Cities, these things happen and you can't prevent it. It's not Tinubu's making, it's just natural.
Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by garfield1: 9:22am On Jan 31, 2022
RolexOfGeneva:

Lagos is a mega State. Lagos state belongs to no one, not even the true Lagosians.
In fact, there are more outsiders in Lagos than indigenes, same as in New York, London, etc.
In Mega Cities, these things happen and you can't prevent it. It's not Tinubu's making, it's just natural.

There are even more outsiders in abuja and ph
Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by Deadlytruth(m): 10:42am On Feb 02, 2022
helpee:
What are you even saying? Kingigbe wasn't known? The result of the primaries saw ABIOLA COMING FIRST WITH 3600 ballots, kingigbe was second with 3200 and run off was held between kingibe and Abiola and Abiola won..The only thing you wanted to say was that ATIKU WAS SUPPORTED BY YAARDUA who was already banned. ATIKU was not known nationally in 1993 but yaardua was known. ATIKU only belonged to that movement and it was still that movement that nominated him as Obasanjo's VP. The context to which I spoke is clear. We are here discussing Tinubu versus the popular northern candidates. If he can't prevent the pDP from nominating a popular northern candidate, he will find it difficult. To make things easy for ABIOLA, he quickly made kingibe that came second in the primaries his vice president and at that point, no new northern candidate was left. If babangida didn't ban yardua, Abiola won't have an easy path despite his philantropy

KINGIBE WAS THE NATIONAL CHAIRMAN OF SDP the platform that Abiola contested on and you are saying he wasn't known. He came very close to Abiola in the primaries and defeated ATIKU despite having no single bloc of supporters but clusters of supporters nationally

From all you have written above it is clear that Kingibe national chairman status was what even helped his miniature popularity unlike MKO who didn't need to hold any position in the party to become known. It is like arguing that Buni is a very popular candidate who will crush any Southerner in APC primary just because he has once been a national chairman or that under the present circumstances, Iyiorcha Ayu is sure to crush any Southerner in PDP just because he is the current national chairman of the party. Anyway, I won't even waste my time on this back and forth. I will only bookmark this page and remind you after both APC and PDP primaries as well as the general election.
Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by Deadlytruth(m): 4:51pm On May 29, 2023
helpee:

Oga, abeg where you dey? How market? Few months ago you were all over this thread predicting that Tinubu would not even win APC primary let alone the election proper, and that North would never ignore their own (Atiku) for a Southerner. You kept citing MKO experience even though you were told that the circumstances are different.
Here you have Tinubu not only supported by the North to win the primary but also to win the general election and he has been sworn in today. Oya come and explain how your theory of Northerners never supporting a Southerner failed. I am waiting. Recall that in my last response to you, I decided to refrain from engaging you further but promised to come back to call you out on this thread when it happens. Oya come out now to explain your theory.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by Deadlytruth(m): 4:54pm On May 29, 2023
Deadlytruth:

From all you have written above it is clear that Kingibe national chairman status was what even helped his miniature popularity unlike MKO who didn't need to hold any position in the party to become known. It is like arguing that Buni is a very popular candidate who will crush any Southerner in APC primary just because he has once been a national chairman or that under the present circumstances, Iyiorcha Ayu is sure to crush any Southerner in PDP just because he is the current national chairman of the party. Anyway, I won't even waste my time on this back and forth. I will only bookmark this page and remind you after both APC and PDP primaries as well as the general election.

The bolded, It has happened and I hereby remind you.

1 Like

Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by Deadlytruth(m): 4:57pm On May 29, 2023
ityP:

I'm not. Tinubu would definitely win APC primaries. But if he faces an Atiku or Kwankwaso in the main election, he will lose.
How market today? The way some of you spoke with authority here about this election was just something else. See what the outcome is now?

2 Likes

Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by Deadlytruth(m): 4:59pm On May 29, 2023
helpee:
I don't care anyway. I am.only pointing out facts to you. I have nothing to gain from anyone that wins. They are all the same.Just arrange your family out of the country for better life so there is no sense I am getting in 2023.

IF YOU WANT TO REPLICATE 1993, THEY WILL HAVE TO BAN ATIKU, SARAKI, TAMBUWAL etc ( the same way babangida banned yardua, Ciroma shinkafi) and then nominate garba shehu as the northern candidate. This was the exact scenario in 1993. Comparing present situation to that time is fooolish.

FINALLY, 1983- Yoruba candidate - Tears
1993- Yoruba candidate- Tears
2003- Yoruba son but not their candidate- Won
2023- Yoruba candidate-

Any year that ends with 3 has historically ended in tears for Yoruba candidates
How market today with all these your authoritative postulations?

3 Likes

Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by Deadlytruth(m): 5:10pm On May 29, 2023
helpee:
You are saying rubbish. You think.an average Fulani will leave his brother to vote Tinubu or what? You are short sighted. You think this is about IBO/Yoruba rather than north/ south

So now where are those who gave you the 15 likes when you wrote this? And to think that you labelled people here as indomie generation for disagreeing with you about this your prediction was the climax of the joke. Now that Tinubu has won through majorly Northern votes and in Fulani States, who is of the indomie generation now and short-sighted?

2 Likes

Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by helpee(m): 8:18pm On May 29, 2023
Deadlytruth:

So now where are those who gave you the 15 likes when you wrote this? And to think that you labelled people here as indomie generation for disagreeing with you about this your prediction was the climax of the joke. Now that Tinubu has won through majorly Northern votes and in Fulani States, who is of the indomie generation now and short-sighted?

Congratulations. Anyway, I was one of the people that eventually fought tooth and nail to install Tinubu. This is not so much because I believed in him but because our brothers across the Niger went overboard with their Pathological hatred for Yorubas. If not for Obi, ATIkU would have won so I am still correct. Nevertheless, I am happy PO lost regardless of how off mark my predictions were. Give it to Tinubu too, he earned his victory

FOR YOUR INFORMATION TOO… at the time I was making the prediction, kwakwanso and Peter obi were still in PDP. Tinubu stood no chance assuming PO wasn’t greedy and kwankwanso stayed behind in PDP. Many of us backed out when we saw the politics of the Igbos and that was the real deal breaker.
Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by ityP(m): 8:47pm On May 29, 2023
Deadlytruth:

How market today? The way some of you spoke with authority here about this election was just something else. See what the outcome is now?

I calculated with only Tinubu and Atiku, no Obi in the picture. If it was Tinubu vs Atiku alone, easy win for Atiku. I'm glad Obi came. I say no to a Northerner Presidency
Re: PDP Ignores Power Shift, Says Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Free To Run by Deadlytruth(m): 4:47am On May 30, 2023
helpee:

Congratulations. Anyway, I was one of the people that eventually fought tooth and nail to install Tinubu. This is not so much because I believed in him but because our brothers across the Niger went overboard with their Pathological hatred for Yorubas. If not for Obi, ATIkU would have won so I am still correct. Nevertheless, I am happy PO lost regardless of how off mark my predictions were. Give it to Tinubu too, he earned his victory

FOR YOUR INFORMATION TOO… at the time I was making the prediction, kwakwanso and Peter obi were still in PDP. Tinubu stood no chance assuming PO wasn’t greedy and kwankwanso stayed behind in PDP. Many of us backed out when we saw the politics of the Igbos and that was the real deal breaker.
If PO weren't in the picture, majority of the Southern and Middle Belt votes he got would have gone to Tinubu hence still giving him the victory. Tinubu's victory in Benue and his coming a very close second in Nassarawa proves this. Your major contention was even that Northerners would leave Tinubu high and dry for Atiku, but what we saw was Tinubu crushing Atiku in Kano by over 400K margin meaning that without Kwankwaso in the race, the Kano margin would have been up to 1 million. Then Tinubu's victory in Zamfara, Kebbi, Borno, Niger, Benue and Kwara; together with his very close margins in Katsina, Yobe, etc all showcase that Northerners aren't as bigoted and conservative as you labelled them, and that exactly was my own argument.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Immigration Service Launches Automated Passport Application / Fire At Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo (Pictures) / APGA Condemns Outcome Of Edo Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.