Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,781 members, 7,827,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

If You Were Held At Gunpoint And These 7 Words Were Fired At You. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If You Were Held At Gunpoint And These 7 Words Were Fired At You. (910 Views)

You Catch Your Woman Cheating?, Don’t Fight That Man, Simply Do These 7 Things. / My Dick Wants To Get Me Fired At Work! Help / Run From These 7 Deadly Sins, In Fact Flee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Were Held At Gunpoint And These 7 Words Were Fired At You. by Mustystrange98: 10:34am On Jan 29, 2022
If you were held at gunpoint and these 7 words were fired at you. "Kill your WIFE/HUSBAND or you die." What would be your choice?: KILL OR BE KILLED

A situation such as this occurred, where the woman had to shoot at her husband to avert her death. It was a relief that the gun wasn't loaded. A foul play from the robbers.

Family members of the husband advised him to get a divorce, hammering on the fact that such a woman who couldn't sacrifice her life for her spouse shouldn't be trusted.

Different versions of such a story have been coming up over the years, and I  used to be among those who apportion blame.

But, last night, a cognitive revelation struck me.

IT'S NORMAL, NATURAL FOR SUCH TO HAPPEN! SHE DID THE RIGHT THING.

Don't give me that strange look - it's my opinion.

In the words of Daniel Boyle:

"That survival instinct, that will live, that l need to get back to life again, is more powerful than decency, politeness, manners, civility. Anything. It's such a powerful force."

Survival instinct according to Collins dictionary: the instinct in humans and

animals to do things in a

a dangerous situation that will

prevent them from dying.

So, anything you do to avert death is considered a survival instinct.

A child who is being strangled by his father will have no choice but to fight back — Biting at least.

Just like stepping on your favorite cat's tail; you will be surprised at how it would launch at you not minding your personality with it.

What his wife did was normal as far as survival mechanisms are concerned.

As Oriana Fallaci put it:

"If a man is a man and not a sheep in the flock, he has a survival instinct in him that leads him to fight even if he realizes he is  fighting in vain, even if he knows he will lose."

Having said that, Those who gave their life up for the other, deifying the survival instinct possess a high rate of tolerance.  Not that they are insane but their love for others has increased their tolerance level.

Mind you, you don't play with survival instinct. When survival instinct kicks in, love vanishes. Only a few can stand up to this claim. I call them the  S-deviants( those who defy survival instinct all for love).

Wait, if it were you, would you have surmounted that pressure?

Just my view.

#MustyStrange

Re: If You Were Held At Gunpoint And These 7 Words Were Fired At You. by Ahmed0336(m): 10:38am On Jan 29, 2022
I reject such situation to ever come my way

1 Like

Re: If You Were Held At Gunpoint And These 7 Words Were Fired At You. by helinues: 10:40am On Jan 29, 2022
I never pray for this kind of situation.

Better to Waka pass
Re: If You Were Held At Gunpoint And These 7 Words Were Fired At You. by Mophor: 11:17am On Jan 29, 2022
Issokay!!!

May d case never arise!!!
Re: If You Were Held At Gunpoint And These 7 Words Were Fired At You. by Candidlady: 12:12pm On Jan 29, 2022
Everybody just dey rejection the situation...

What if the script was the other way round...

Iam sure the man wont think twice before squeezing the trigger..
Re: If You Were Held At Gunpoint And These 7 Words Were Fired At You. by Mustystrange98: 2:20pm On Jan 29, 2022
Candidlady:
Everybody just dey rejection the situation...

What if the script was the other way round...

Iam sure the man wont think twice before squeezing the trigger..
help me ask them o!
Re: If You Were Held At Gunpoint And These 7 Words Were Fired At You. by Mustystrange98: 2:21pm On Jan 29, 2022
Mophor:
Issokay!!!
May d case never arise!!!
issues like this have occurred.
Re: If You Were Held At Gunpoint And These 7 Words Were Fired At You. by Mustystrange98: 2:22pm On Jan 29, 2022
[quote author=Ahmed0336 post=109781361]I reject such situation to ever come my way[/quot..

what if it happens
Re: If You Were Held At Gunpoint And These 7 Words Were Fired At You. by Magnoliaa(f): 2:35pm On Jan 29, 2022
You people are mad with all these stories. Very mad.

Na only women una sabi test with 'foul plays' and nonsense. Na only cognitive revelation you get? Eya. You for no see things differently na. Mtcheeewww.

1 Like

Re: If You Were Held At Gunpoint And These 7 Words Were Fired At You. by Haakeem(m): 2:40pm On Jan 29, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Na only women una sabi test with foul plays and nonsense.
Go back and re-read the post.

you just jumped in to comment without understanding what information the post is giving.
Re: If You Were Held At Gunpoint And These 7 Words Were Fired At You. by Mustystrange98: 6:17pm On Jan 29, 2022
Haakeem:
Go back and re-read the post.

you just jumped in to comment without understanding what information the post is giving.

thankiyu my friend.

scanning through posts is indeed detrimental.
Re: If You Were Held At Gunpoint And These 7 Words Were Fired At You. by Mustystrange98: 6:19pm On Jan 29, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Na only women una sabi test with 'foul plays' and nonsense. Na only cognitive revelation you get? Eya. You for no see things differently na. Mtcheeewww.

calm down... be calming down.

I believe you just scan through my post without Getting a glimpse of my points.

I advice you re-read it - more carefully this time
Re: If You Were Held At Gunpoint And These 7 Words Were Fired At You. by MufasaLion: 6:32pm On Jan 29, 2022
Imma down you with my glock.
Re: If You Were Held At Gunpoint And These 7 Words Were Fired At You. by Mustystrange98: 9:33am On Jan 30, 2022
MufasaLion:
Imma down you with my glock.
meaning?
Re: If You Were Held At Gunpoint And These 7 Words Were Fired At You. by MufasaLion: 9:35am On Jan 30, 2022
Mustystrange98:

meaning?

I'm gonna k*ll you with my g*n.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Will You Do If You Found Out Your Partner Has A Bestie Of The Opposite Sex? / How My Tooth Fell Into Her Bra / Difficulty Identifying Identical Twins.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.