Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

2023 Election: Any Igbo Man Who Support Tinubu Should Be Banished – Igbo Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Election: Any Igbo Man Who Support Tinubu Should Be Banished – Igbo Leaders (2323 Views)

Hardship: Have You Seen Any Igbo Complaining? – Igboho Asks Yoruba Elders / Don’t Threaten Those Who Support Tinubu, Atiku – Ohanaeze Cautions Igbo Youth / Five Nigerian Senators Who Support Social Media Regulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Election: Any Igbo Man Who Support Tinubu Should Be Banished – Igbo Leaders by trutharena: 3:24pm On Jan 29, 2022
Greg Obioha, a South Easterner and political Analyst has frowned at the declaration of the National leader of the All Progressive Congress, Ashiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu to run for the seat of President.

Daily Post reports that the political analyst insisted that any Igbo man who supports Tinubu deserves to be banished.

He warned that it is sacrilegious for any Igbo man to support the APC national leader and also insisted that it amounts to huge insult and slight on the collective sensibilities of people of the Igbo race.

He said, “To promote Ashiwaju for what? Whoever does it no matter his inalienable right to associate or support whoever he wishes is not a true Igbo person.

“Why should we talk of Tinubu in Igbo land? Obasanjo displaced the foremost leader, Alex Ekwueme, and opened the post-military democratic rule of the present era between 1999 and 2007. A Yoruba man became the Speaker of the Federal House of Representatives immediately after Obasanjo, I mean Dimeji Bankole.

“In 2015, power returned to the northern part of the country through Buhari and naturally the Vice President should come from the south. What happened? Same southwest led by this very Tinubu insisted that it must be ceded to them and it happened? Professor Yemi Osibanjo was made the Vice President and by 2023, he would have spent eight years there”.

“Again, shortly after the 2019 general election, while a Yoruba man in the person of Osinbajo was the vice President, same Yorubas of the southwest led by Tinubu insisted that the Speaker of House of Representatives be ceded to their region and that was how Gbajabiamila emerged.

“At the Senate, the Deputy Senate President slot for the south was grabbed by Senator Omo Age from Delta State. When Obasanjo ceded power back to the north on completion of his tenure, he ceded the Vice President slot meant for the south to the south-south state of Bayelsa, through Jonathan who later became the President of Nigeria for six years. That implies that every slot that had been ceded to the south since 1999 return of southwest or southeast”.

Obioha submitted, “It is criminal, atrocious, repugnant for Tinubu to think of taking the presidential slot of 2023 that has been ceded to the southern part of the country. Any Igbo man that supports such criminality deserves to be banished”.

Source: https://independent.ng/2023-election-any-igbo-man-who-supports-tinubu-should-be-banished-analyst-obioha/

CC: Mynd44 Lalasticala

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Election: Any Igbo Man Who Support Tinubu Should Be Banished – Igbo Leaders by sarrki(m): 3:30pm On Jan 29, 2022
Especially in Lagos

10 Likes

Re: 2023 Election: Any Igbo Man Who Support Tinubu Should Be Banished – Igbo Leaders by flokii: 3:30pm On Jan 29, 2022
Interesting!
The same Tinubu that gave them posts over credible and competent Yorubas when he was governor.

Well, this will serve as a lesson to all the woke Yorubas out there.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023 Election: Any Igbo Man Who Support Tinubu Should Be Banished – Igbo Leaders by Totilopussylick(m): 3:32pm On Jan 29, 2022
flokii:
Interesting!
The same Tinubu that gave them posts over credible and competent Yorubas when he was governor.

mention one of the post giving to yebos in Lagos by Tinubu during his tenure

7 Likes

Re: 2023 Election: Any Igbo Man Who Support Tinubu Should Be Banished – Igbo Leaders by sarrki(m): 3:33pm On Jan 29, 2022
Totilopussylick:

Ben akabueze was a commissioner don’t be a daftttt

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Election: Any Igbo Man Who Support Tinubu Should Be Banished – Igbo Leaders by pinkPUSSY(f): 3:34pm On Jan 29, 2022
Its senseless and idiotic to take a comment made by one person as a general opinion of all Igbos..
Let's even assume he made this comment which is still in doubt because Nig media is unreliable, is it not better for one to threaten his kinsmen that an outsider to be threatening another tribe due to his insecurity\low esteem ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: Any Igbo Man Who Support Tinubu Should Be Banished – Igbo Leaders by duro4chang(m): 3:35pm On Jan 29, 2022
This election will give many people heart attack.

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Election: Any Igbo Man Who Support Tinubu Should Be Banished – Igbo Leaders by ViperAda: 3:36pm On Jan 29, 2022
I said it that this coming election would expose the ibos because they can't cover their smoke of hate. The eyes of Yoruba liberals shall be opened.

-Viper

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023 Election: Any Igbo Man Who Support Tinubu Should Be Banished – Igbo Leaders by Vistra40: 3:40pm On Jan 29, 2022
trutharena:
Greg Obioha, a South Easterner and political Analyst has frowned at the declaration of the National leader of the All Progressive Congress, Ashiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu to run for the seat of President.

Daily Post reports that the political analyst insisted that any Igbo man who supports Tinubu deserves to be banished.

He warned that it is sacrilegious for any Igbo man to support the APC national leader and also insisted that it amounts to huge insult and slight on the collective sensibilities of people of the Igbo race.

He said, “To promote Ashiwaju for what? Whoever does it no matter his inalienable right to associate or support whoever he wishes is not a true Igbo person.

“Why should we talk of Tinubu in Igbo land? Obasanjo displaced the foremost leader, Alex Ekwueme, and opened the post-military democratic rule of the present era between 1999 and 2007. A Yoruba man became the Speaker of the Federal House of Representatives immediately after Obasanjo, I mean Dimeji Bankole.

“In 2015, power returned to the northern part of the country through Buhari and naturally the Vice President should come from the south. What happened? Same southwest led by this very Tinubu insisted that it must be ceded to them and it happened? Professor Yemi Osibanjo was made the Vice President and by 2023, he would have spent eight years there”.

“Again, shortly after the 2019 general election, while a Yoruba man in the person of Osinbajo was the vice President, same Yorubas of the southwest led by Tinubu insisted that the Speaker of House of Representatives be ceded to their region and that was how Gbajabiamila emerged.

“At the Senate, the Deputy Senate President slot for the south was grabbed by Senator Omo Age from Delta State. When Obasanjo ceded power back to the north on completion of his tenure, he ceded the Vice President slot meant for the south to the south-south state of Bayelsa, through Jonathan who later became the President of Nigeria for six years. That implies that every slot that had been ceded to the south since 1999 return of southwest or southeast”.

Obioha submitted, “It is criminal, atrocious, repugnant for Tinubu to think of taking the presidential slot of 2023 that has been ceded to the southern part of the country. Any Igbo man that supports such criminality deserves to be banished”.

Source: https://independent.ng/2023-election-any-igbo-man-who-supports-tinubu-should-be-banished-analyst-obioha/

Very irresponsible statement to make. As much as I agree that it’s time for an igbo man to be president, this is a democracy and everyone have the right to support whoever they wish. That am not a Tinubu supporter doesn’t mean another igbo person can’t support him if he deems it fit. Nawa!

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Election: Any Igbo Man Who Support Tinubu Should Be Banished – Igbo Leaders by Vistra40: 3:43pm On Jan 29, 2022
ViperAda:
I said it that this coming election would expose the ibos because they can't cover their smoke of hate. The eyes of Yoruba liberals shall be opened.

-Viper

What exactly do you mean by yoruba liberals? Are you one of those bigoted yoruba “conservatives”? I love liberals from all tribes and tongues and hate bigots like you from every tribe and oh, even the igbo bigots are not spared

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: Any Igbo Man Who Support Tinubu Should Be Banished – Igbo Leaders by seunmsg(m): 3:45pm On Jan 29, 2022
Totilopussylick:

Ben Akabueze was appointed as commissioner for budget and planning while Joe Igbokwe was appointed as the Lagos state publicity secretary of ACN.

Anyway, we have noted the position of the Yoruba hating Greg Obioha and we are not surprised. He has not said anything different from the bigoted position of Ohaneze and other Igbo social media noisemakers.

For now, the Tinubu campaign will keep ignoring the noisy distraction from the SE. The campaign will continue to consult nationally and at the right time, reasonable Igbo leaders will be engaged meaningfully.

The most important task before Tinubu for now is to win the APC presidential ticket and not to respond to irrelevant noisemakers from a certain part of the country.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Election: Any Igbo Man Who Support Tinubu Should Be Banished – Igbo Leaders by Vistra40: 3:48pm On Jan 29, 2022
flokii:
Interesting!

I don’t support the rubbish statement made by those so called igbo leaders but what exactly do you mean by “woke”? The last time I checked, there are yorubas who are not in support of Tinubu’s ambition. Abi is Tinubu synonymous with the yoruba race? Because you sounded as though only bigots support his ambition

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: Any Igbo Man Who Support Tinubu Should Be Banished – Igbo Leaders by Totilopussylick(m): 3:50pm On Jan 29, 2022
seunmsg:

Ben Akabueze was appointed as commissioner for budget and planning while Joe Igbokwe was appointed as the Lagos state publicity secretary of ACN.
During Tinubu tenure

Last time I checked joe igboekwena become Lagos state publicity secretary of Acn under Babajide tenure cool.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: Any Igbo Man Who Support Tinubu Should Be Banished – Igbo Leaders by Salvador1: 3:51pm On Jan 29, 2022
flokii:
Interesting!

the same way oba of Lagos proclaim he will throw all Igbos into lagoon should they vote against APC.
Why are u crying?

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Election: Any Igbo Man Who Support Tinubu Should Be Banished – Igbo Leaders by flokii: 3:53pm On Jan 29, 2022
Vistra40:

I don’t support the rubbish statement made by those so called igbo leaders but what exactly do you mean by “woke”? The last time I checked, there are yorubas who are not in support of Tinubu’s ambition. Abi is Tinubu synonymous with the yoruba race? Because you sounded as though only bigots support his ambition

That you don't support them doesn't mean they are not Igbos neither does it mean that you're more Igbo than they are.. Have you made any attempt to call out the so called Igbo elders for incitement before jumping into my mentions?
Why I ask is because I really don't know what concerns Igbo elders with Tinubu or his candidacy as he has never ruled any of the Igbo states. So what's the problem here?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Election: Any Igbo Man Who Support Tinubu Should Be Banished – Igbo Leaders by Vistra40: 3:53pm On Jan 29, 2022
trutharena:

This one is too bitter and such emotions do not get you anywhere in politics. I may not be a supporter of tinubu but you have no right to tell him not to contest for president. Get a candidate and campaign for him instead

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: Any Igbo Man Who Support Tinubu Should Be Banished – Igbo Leaders by seunmsg(m): 3:55pm On Jan 29, 2022
Totilopussylick:
During Tinubu tenure

Last time I checked joe igboekwena become Lagos state publicity secretary of Acn under Babajide tenure cool.

You’re probably still a kid with very little knowledge of political history. That you don’t even know that Babajide Sanyo-Olu became the governor of Lagos state under APC and not ACN says it all.

Kiddo, to back home and ask your elders about recent political history of Lagos before coming here to post nonsense.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Election: Any Igbo Man Who Support Tinubu Should Be Banished – Igbo Leaders by Investigative: 3:55pm On Jan 29, 2022
off course we don't support incompetence and druggie

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: Any Igbo Man Who Support Tinubu Should Be Banished – Igbo Leaders by Vistra40: 3:55pm On Jan 29, 2022
flokii:

That you don't support them doesn't mean they are not Igbos neither does it mean that you're more Igbo than they are.. Have you made any attempt to call the so called Igbo elders out for incitement before jumping into my mentions?
Why I ask is because I really don't know what concerns Igbo elders with Tinubu or his candidacy as he has never ruled any of the Igbo states. So what's the problem here?

Bro, go through this thread and you will see where I wrote against the irresponsible statement made by him

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: Any Igbo Man Who Support Tinubu Should Be Banished – Igbo Leaders by flokii: 4:00pm On Jan 29, 2022
Vistra40:

This one is too bitter and such emotions do not get you anywhere in politics. I may not be a supporter of tinubu but you have no right to tell him not to contest for president. Get a candidate and campaign for him instead

The real question is.. do they even have PVC to vote in the coming elections? who will vote for a region that all the people there do is to hate, insult and curse other tribes in Nigeria.

Let's be practical for a bit.. will you give your next door neighbor that's always cursing and insulting you a position of power over you in the compound?
That's the typical case of Igbos with other tribes in Nigeria. Nobody is ready to support them so they want to blackmail Yoruba candidates to step down for them which won't work.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Election: Any Igbo Man Who Support Tinubu Should Be Banished – Igbo Leaders by duro4chang(m): 4:02pm On Jan 29, 2022
ViperAda:

-Viper
Aswear

6 Likes

Re: 2023 Election: Any Igbo Man Who Support Tinubu Should Be Banished – Igbo Leaders by Vistra40: 4:07pm On Jan 29, 2022
flokii:

The real question is.. do they even have PVC to vote in the coming elections? who will vote for a region that all the people there do is to hate, insult and curse other tribes in Nigeria.

Let's be practical for a bit.. will you give your next door neighbor that's always cursing and insulting you a position of power over you in the compound?
That's the typical case of Igbos with other tribes in Nigeria. Nobody is ready to support them so they want to blackmail Yoruba candidates to step down for them which won't work.

Yes sir! I have my PVC and not stupid as some who believe it isn’t important. Secondly, I don’t believe power is given but taken hence, they should work hard to get the presidency and oh, need I let you in on the fact that there are northerners who don’t even think the SW should produce president? Infact they are anti southern presidents. I follow some northerners on facebook and they have started a very dangerous campaign against southern presidency. So technically, igbos are not the only targets.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: Any Igbo Man Who Support Tinubu Should Be Banished – Igbo Leaders by flokii: 4:10pm On Jan 29, 2022
omenkaLives:
It is in their DNA. They're born with it, raised with it, and die in it, after transference of the traits to their progeny.

It's a horrible situation. Old and young alike, not a squat of difference.

It's really horrible to have people with such horrible traits in the same country.. both old and young, male and female, it's the same behaviour and same attitude.
I really feel pity and a little bit of worried for them because they might end up making a mistake that will cost them so much with the way they are going about politics in Nigeria.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: Any Igbo Man Who Support Tinubu Should Be Banished – Igbo Leaders by OBALOLA55(m): 4:10pm On Jan 29, 2022
flokii:
Interesting!

YOU MEAN SPECIAL ADVISER ON GUTTER RELATED ISSUES grin

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: Any Igbo Man Who Support Tinubu Should Be Banished – Igbo Leaders by Alba3: 4:12pm On Jan 29, 2022
Time for Yorubas to draw a boundary. Failure to do this, the whole world will see Yorubas as fools. How can Igbos who have been giving overwhelming support to Atiku, even begging him to contest now hate Yoruba person so much? Is he holding them back from contesting? Time to banish any Yoruba person that sells land to Igbos; time to banish any Yoruba governor/political office holder/man that will give any appointment to Igbo person.

These people don't have monopoly on hatred...

18 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

States Peter Obi Will Win / Kenneth Okonkwo: APC Mole Or Obidient.? Picture / All 36 States Of Nigeria Were Created By Northerners, Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.