Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

How Fulani Herders Killed My Brother, Burnt My House During Late Night Attack – - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Fulani Herders Killed My Brother, Burnt My House During Late Night Attack – (975 Views)

EndSARS: I Was In My House During Lekki Tollgate Shooting - Governor Sanwo-Olu / Lady K Cried Out At Igboho's House During The Attack (Video) / Family Of 19 Herders Killed In Igbariam, Anambra - Alhaji Suleiman Yakubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Fulani Herders Killed My Brother, Burnt My House During Late Night Attack – by mancoconut: 4:12pm On Jan 29, 2022
How Fulani herders killed my brother, burnt my house during late night attack – Ogun chief

The Otun Baale of Ita Olori Ejo, Imeko-Afon Local Government Area of Ogun State, Chief Elegbede Matthew, tells DAUD OLATUNJI about the recent night attack on the community by suspected armed Fulani herders who set houses ablaze and killed

What led to the recent attack on your community by armed Fulani herders?

That day was a Thursday. We were on our way to the farm when we saw a Fulani man, well known in the area as Alhaji, running. He told us there was a fight at Iyana Agbede, Ijaale, Isiabo. He said some of his cows and those of his people had been killed and they were trying to escape with the remaining cows.

He had barely finished speaking with us, when some boys, whose tribe we could not tell and were dressed like vigilantes with red head ties, appeared and passed by us. Shortly after, we began to hear gunshots in the distance. We would later learn that one Fulani had been killed. So, I was called by the Baale to meet with the police so as to know who was killed.

We have been witnessing such clashes between farmers and herders for a long time. It is something that happens every year; we witnessed one last year with many people killed. It happens all the time and it is barbaric.

Your younger brother was reportedly killed during the last incident. How did it happen?

When the clash started, farmers in the village had to run away from the village. I sent my wives and children to my house in Ilara. Likewise, my younger brother, Olabisi Elegbede, also asked a motorcyclist to take his wife and children to another town. He had an agreement with the motorcyclist to come back and pick him afterwards. I was also waiting for the motorcyclist to take me to join my family. We had envisaged that the Fulani men would come back to attack the village. Unfortunately, the motorcyclist didn’t come back to pick us, so we decided to sleep in my house, hoping that we would leave the village early in the morning of the following day.

But true to our fear, these Fulani men came late in the night, armed with AK-47 rifles and other weapons. Around 10.30pm, we heard sounds of gunshots and people speaking a strange language we could not understand. They came straight to my house but before they got to where I was sleeping, I managed to escape through the back door of the room and ran into a nearby bush to hide. I saw them setting houses in the village on fire and attacking anyone on sight.

Where was your brother at that time?

We slept in the same house but different in rooms. I had thought that he would have also escaped like I did, but, unfortunately, he was not able to.

What happened to him?

After the Fulani men left, some vigilantes in the village came to my house because they had heard sounds of gunshots and saw smoke coming from my house. I joined them then and we started looking for my younger brother. At first, we couldn’t find him because of the smoke but on the second check, through the window, we found him dead in the room; he was shot dead.

How did you feel when you saw his dead body?

I felt really sad. My brother was only 45 years old. They just killed him and made his children fatherless and turned his wife into a widow. He left 16 children. The eldest is in final year at the Federal College of Education Osiele, Abeokuta.

You said such attack is a regular occurrence. What do you think can be done to bring an end to it?

I will like the government to take a drastic measure to build a police post in this area for security of lives. Even, there is no (telecommunication) network in this area, which is another problem.This is an agrarian community; we have no other job besides farming. But this place has now almost become desolate because the frquents attacks are making our people to flee

Now that your brother is dead, how is his family faring?

The responsibility has fallen on me but I am only a poor farmer. I want government to come to our aid; I want government to help to take care of the children that my brother left behind. They need to be taken care of and I am not financially capable.

Also, with the situation in the village, the government would need to help us and save us from hunger because all our farmlands have been destroyed. Our storage houses, maize barns have been destroyed. We have been left with nothing to eat. Many of our people have

https://punchng.com/how-fulani-herders-killed-my-brother-burnt-my-house-during-late-night-attack-ogun-chief/

1 Like

Re: How Fulani Herders Killed My Brother, Burnt My House During Late Night Attack – by Investigative: 4:13pm On Jan 29, 2022
ritual and 2023 presidency is more important than their security
I think election period will distract so many region while these bandit and terrorist penetrate

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Fulani Herders Killed My Brother, Burnt My House During Late Night Attack – by ThEGodFaThEr119: 4:16pm On Jan 29, 2022
These same people are the ones clamouring for the drug baron who doesnt give a hoot about them to become president instead of them to root for a candidate that will champion their course and put an end to this incessant killings of their people by fulani herdsmen.

6 Likes

Re: How Fulani Herders Killed My Brother, Burnt My House During Late Night Attack – by Kriss216: 4:17pm On Jan 29, 2022
My brother was only 45 years old. They just killed him and made his children fatherless and turned his wife into a widow. He left 16 children.
What a sophisticated brother!

7 Likes

Re: How Fulani Herders Killed My Brother, Burnt My House During Late Night Attack – by Balkan(m): 4:18pm On Jan 29, 2022
This will not make front-page because of Tinubu. Yorubas keep hiding the menace of the Fulanis in their back yard to the public.

If you think Tinubu will save you, you are in for a big trouble

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Fulani Herders Killed My Brother, Burnt My House During Late Night Attack – by Investigative: 4:18pm On Jan 29, 2022
Sad indeed
Re: How Fulani Herders Killed My Brother, Burnt My House During Late Night Attack – by BKayy: 4:19pm On Jan 29, 2022
It is very difficult to live in Ogun state these days.
Fulani Herdsmen from the right, Skull Miners from the left and joint operation of cultists, One million boys, Omo nile and Agbero from the center.

Chai, if you live in Ogun state sorry oh. May God help you.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Fulani Herders Killed My Brother, Burnt My House During Late Night Attack – by Totilopussylick(m): 4:22pm On Jan 29, 2022
It's been long Fulani/farmers clash started and I don't see the end coming soon.

R. I. P to the dead undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Fulani Herders Killed My Brother, Burnt My House During Late Night Attack – by Kriss216: 4:23pm On Jan 29, 2022
Totilopussylick:
It's been long Fulani/farmers clash started and I don't see the end coming soon.

R. I. P to the dead undecided
It has ended in South East. All thanks to MNK and ESN.

Tinubu said Yoruba and Fulani are one. Brothers fight and reconcile and it's going to be foolishness on my side to interfere in two brothers fight.

5 Likes

Re: How Fulani Herders Killed My Brother, Burnt My House During Late Night Attack – by Totilopussylick(m): 4:28pm On Jan 29, 2022
BKayy:
Fulani Herdsmen from the right, Skull Miners from the left and joint operation of cultists, One million boys, Omo nile and Agbero from the center.

is not only in Ogun State.

Southeast are experiencing the same fate with the cannibals eating roasted human parts tongue

And northern brothers and sisters doing their banditry and kidnapping business unchallenged undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Fulani Herders Killed My Brother, Burnt My House During Late Night Attack – by BKayy: 4:32pm On Jan 29, 2022
Totilopussylick:

Southeast are experiencing the same fate with the cannibals eating roasted human parts tongue

And northern brothers and sisters doing their banditry and kidnapping business unchallenged undecided
From your comment, it is obvious that you people from SW endorse what is happening in your region.
So who am I to complain?

I wish the Miners and other parties more success in their business endeavour.

4 Likes

Re: How Fulani Herders Killed My Brother, Burnt My House During Late Night Attack – by franchasng: 4:32pm On Jan 29, 2022
Tinubu supporters praising Fulanis and hating on Igbos wont see this to masturbate on. Cowards. Most of them have left their hometowns and ran to Lagos to hide yet cowardice and greed cant let them stand firm with Sunday Igboho and demand for a Yoruba nation where their people will be completely in charge of their security and welfare, they prefer using other tribes to shine via treacherous politics they call sophistication.

This is really heartbreaking

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Fulani Herders Killed My Brother, Burnt My House During Late Night Attack – by Investigative: 4:39pm On Jan 29, 2022
Totilopussylick:

Hahahha
So if is happening in SE you will gladly accept it

2 Likes

Re: How Fulani Herders Killed My Brother, Burnt My House During Late Night Attack – by BKayy: 4:47pm On Jan 29, 2022
Investigative:

Hahahha
So if is happening in SE you will gladly accept it
For real, these guys don't care about uprooting the menace troubling them as far as they still have voice to bash SE.
Just look at how Igboland fought mkpụrụ mmiri head on. Can SW dream of replicating such feat? No.
Even their celebs like the portable is showing off mkpụrụ mmiri on his social media handle. I wonder how bad it will be over there since they prefer to die in silence.

2 Likes

Re: How Fulani Herders Killed My Brother, Burnt My House During Late Night Attack – by Conrod: 5:03pm On Jan 29, 2022
Kriss216:

What a sophisticated brother!
Sir, lets not trivialize these crimes like the politicans whom the victims have trusted with their lives and their votes.

1 Like

Re: How Fulani Herders Killed My Brother, Burnt My House During Late Night Attack – by Entprys(m): 5:16pm On Jan 29, 2022
LeT ibos stay away from this issue. We v been here for long and exprienced fulani killing since ages. We yorubas know how we live with fulani

1 Like

Re: How Fulani Herders Killed My Brother, Burnt My House During Late Night Attack – by EastisBae: 5:26pm On Jan 29, 2022
I see no difference between what this man narrated here and what is/was happening in the middle belt. Unfortunately for him and many others, their security doesn't matter to those whose only concern is how to rule Nigeria.

Winter is coming to the region cry cry
Re: How Fulani Herders Killed My Brother, Burnt My House During Late Night Attack – by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 29, 2022
Our hate for Igbo should allow us look beyond these killings....Let's be patriotic to ONE NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: How Fulani Herders Killed My Brother, Burnt My House During Late Night Attack – by Coolsperm: 5:39pm On Jan 29, 2022
Why do I feel that some local Yoruba Muslims miscreants are aiding this fulanis

1 Like

Re: How Fulani Herders Killed My Brother, Burnt My House During Late Night Attack – by gidgiddy: 5:46pm On Jan 29, 2022
Coolsperm:
Why do I feel that some local Yoruba Muslims miscreants are aiding this fulanis

When the herdsmen attack, they wont ask who is Muslim or not

1 Like

Re: How Fulani Herders Killed My Brother, Burnt My House During Late Night Attack – by BeardedmeatR(m): 6:15pm On Jan 29, 2022
Balkan:
Ok
You mean this is ok?
I bet you live in Lagos and have even forgotten you have relations in your village.

1 Like

Re: How Fulani Herders Killed My Brother, Burnt My House During Late Night Attack – by BeardedmeatR(m): 6:17pm On Jan 29, 2022
Totilopussylick:

And what do you Yoruba mooslims do with the bodies after cutting off their heads?

Do you need evidences of cannibalism in the sad west?

1 Like

Re: How Fulani Herders Killed My Brother, Burnt My House During Late Night Attack – by ablejesus26(m): 6:33pm On Jan 29, 2022
Just see how some useless kids have managed to turn the thread into their usual tribal gbasgbos.
Oga Seun abeg just change the name to Bigotland forum at once na angry

Insecurity has become the order of the day,under the demonic apc and yet some people are still considering to bring in the main power point behind this demonic apc creation into power.
Any human being who votes for Apc again is an enemy of everything good.

1 Like

Re: How Fulani Herders Killed My Brother, Burnt My House During Late Night Attack – by IGBOSON1: 7:10pm On Jan 29, 2022
How come we’re still discussing herdsmen attacks anywhere in the south!? Weren’t they BANNED!?

1 Like

Re: How Fulani Herders Killed My Brother, Burnt My House During Late Night Attack – by techWriter3: 7:10pm On Jan 29, 2022
a sophisticated... Ah, check my PROFILE if you need help with your dissertation, assignment, or thesis.
Re: How Fulani Herders Killed My Brother, Burnt My House During Late Night Attack – by player007(m): 8:23pm On Jan 29, 2022
mancoconut:
How Fulani herders killed my brother, burnt my house during late night attack – Ogun chief

The Otun Baale of Ita Olori Ejo, Imeko-Afon Local Government Area of Ogun State, Chief Elegbede Matthew, tells DAUD OLATUNJI about the recent night attack on the community by suspected armed Fulani herders who set houses ablaze and killed

What led to the recent attack on your community by armed Fulani herders?

That day was a Thursday. We were on our way to the farm when we saw a Fulani man, well known in the area as Alhaji, running. He told us there was a fight at Iyana Agbede, Ijaale, Isiabo. He said some of his cows and those of his people had been killed and they were trying to escape with the remaining cows.

He had barely finished speaking with us, when some boys, whose tribe we could not tell and were dressed like vigilantes with red head ties, appeared and passed by us. Shortly after, we began to hear gunshots in the distance. We would later learn that one Fulani had been killed. So, I was called by the Baale to meet with the police so as to know who was killed.

We have been witnessing such clashes between farmers and herders for a long time. It is something that happens every year; we witnessed one last year with many people killed. It happens all the time and it is barbaric.

Your younger brother was reportedly killed during the last incident. How did it happen?

When the clash started, farmers in the village had to run away from the village. I sent my wives and children to my house in Ilara. Likewise, my younger brother, Olabisi Elegbede, also asked a motorcyclist to take his wife and children to another town. He had an agreement with the motorcyclist to come back and pick him afterwards. I was also waiting for the motorcyclist to take me to join my family. We had envisaged that the Fulani men would come back to attack the village. Unfortunately, the motorcyclist didn’t come back to pick us, so we decided to sleep in my house, hoping that we would leave the village early in the morning of the following day.

But true to our fear, these Fulani men came late in the night, armed with AK-47 rifles and other weapons. Around 10.30pm, we heard sounds of gunshots and people speaking a strange language we could not understand. They came straight to my house but before they got to where I was sleeping, I managed to escape through the back door of the room and ran into a nearby bush to hide. I saw them setting houses in the village on fire and attacking anyone on sight.

Where was your brother at that time?

We slept in the same house but different in rooms. I had thought that he would have also escaped like I did, but, unfortunately, he was not able to.

What happened to him?

After the Fulani men left, some vigilantes in the village came to my house because they had heard sounds of gunshots and saw smoke coming from my house. I joined them then and we started looking for my younger brother. At first, we couldn’t find him because of the smoke but on the second check, through the window, we found him dead in the room; he was shot dead.

How did you feel when you saw his dead body?

I felt really sad. My brother was only 45 years old. They just killed him and made his children fatherless and turned his wife into a widow. He left 16 children. The eldest is in final year at the Federal College of Education Osiele, Abeokuta.

You said such attack is a regular occurrence. What do you think can be done to bring an end to it?

I will like the government to take a drastic measure to build a police post in this area for security of lives. Even, there is no (telecommunication) network in this area, which is another problem.This is an agrarian community; we have no other job besides farming. But this place has now almost become desolate because the frquents attacks are making our people to flee

Now that your brother is dead, how is his family faring?

The responsibility has fallen on me but I am only a poor farmer. I want government to come to our aid; I want government to help to take care of the children that my brother left behind. They need to be taken care of and I am not financially capable.

Also, with the situation in the village, the government would need to help us and save us from hunger because all our farmlands have been destroyed. Our storage houses, maize barns have been destroyed. We have been left with nothing to eat. Many of our people have

https://punchng.com/how-fulani-herders-killed-my-brother-burnt-my-house-during-late-night-attack-ogun-chief/

Nigerian reporters can ask stupid questions eh.
Re: How Fulani Herders Killed My Brother, Burnt My House During Late Night Attack – by Conrod: 8:38pm On Jan 29, 2022
IGBOSON1:
How come we’re still discussing herdsmen attacks anywhere in the south!? Weren’t they BANNED!?
Show me the policeman or woman that is ready to go against his\her commissioner's and IGP's directives ?.....the man at the top decides everything here.
Re: How Fulani Herders Killed My Brother, Burnt My House During Late Night Attack – by Danjikanbauchi: 8:59pm On Jan 29, 2022
Gradually Yoruba land is turning to Jos and southern kaduna.

1 Like

Re: How Fulani Herders Killed My Brother, Burnt My House During Late Night Attack – by Danjikanbauchi: 9:09pm On Jan 29, 2022
BKayy:

From your comment, it is obvious that you people from SW endorse what is happening in your region.
So who am I to complain?

I wish the Miners and other parties more success in their business endeavour.
aah you don't know before, the children of fallen demon ( Oduduwa ) don't care if their women are rape and killed their problem is how to blame Igbos for their misfortune.

2 Likes

Re: How Fulani Herders Killed My Brother, Burnt My House During Late Night Attack – by slivertongue: 9:11pm On Jan 29, 2022
I6 children?
Re: How Fulani Herders Killed My Brother, Burnt My House During Late Night Attack – by Danjikanbauchi: 9:18pm On Jan 29, 2022
Conrod:
Sir, lets not trivialize these crimes like the politicans whom the victims have trusted with their lives and their votes.
Afonja are always happy when evil happen to Igbos.

Some where even celebrating that fulani attacks Enugu village.
Re: How Fulani Herders Killed My Brother, Burnt My House During Late Night Attack – by waterbrown24: 9:55pm On Jan 29, 2022
BKayy:

lolz

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu's Clothing Was Never Stained. Bitters Politics Is Synonymous To Terrorism / Why Haters Won't Give Credit To Tinubu For $537m New US Consulate In Eko Atlanti / If Nigerians Elect Me As President, I'll turn Nigeria to USA And Japan- Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.