Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,154 members, 7,811,315 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? (6031 Views)

Buhari And His Delegates Meet With President Of Korea / Caption This Photo Of Obasanjo With President Buhari And Gordon Brown / What If Amaechi Is Still With President Jonathan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by egift(m): 7:29am On Jun 22, 2011
If you ask me of President Jonathan, I will tell you he is the most fortunate person in Nigeria's political history. Even OBJ is not lucky as him.

But his performance is not encouraging at all. So I ask "What is wrong with him?". Please if you know anything that is hindering Mr President (even the remotest of all), do let us know - that way we may understand why he act the way he do. Hopefully may improve - for the good of our beloved country.

Over to you grin
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by egift(m): 7:31am On Jun 22, 2011
Personally I think someone or a gang are squeezing his balls - as if he must please them by all means.
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by Jeel: 7:52am On Jun 22, 2011
Notin is wrong with him
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by dankol: 8:00am On Jun 22, 2011
Nd wat do u tink is wrong wit him poster. Pls let d president be. He has patience nd dats y he neds 2 look b4 he leaps. Pls bring dis up afta 4yrs.
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by egift(m): 8:10am On Jun 22, 2011
Jeel:

Notin is wrong with him

Then why is he so look warm? Absent (while standing there). And when he wants to act, he will forfeit his own plan/pledge and start issuing ultimatum, smooth-talking and inviting militants to dinner.

Why is he only interested in reacting? Why is he not rolling out his plan (working)? Who is he trying to please with his cabinet list - that up till now, he don't even know who will be there.

So what is wrong with him? Or is this the best we can always expect from him?
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by violent(m): 8:14am On Jun 22, 2011
Nothing is Wrong with the president, he's just being himself!

A lot is wrong with those who voted him to power, they need their heads examined!
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by violent(m): 8:25am On Jun 22, 2011
egift:

Personally I think someone or a gang are squeezing his balls - as if he must please them by all means.

Why does it have to be a "gang" "squeezing" his "balls" ?

Is it not possible to use a sentence that is less homo?
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by egift(m): 8:53am On Jun 22, 2011
violent:

Why does it have to be a "gang" "squeezing" his "balls" ?

Is it not possible to use a sentence that is less homo?

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by mcnepow(m): 9:12am On Jun 22, 2011
dankol:

Nd wat do u tink is wrong wit him poster. Pls let d president be. He has patience nd dats y he neds 2 look b4 he leaps. Pls bring dis up afta 4yrs.
We all know that patience is a virtue but he is taking too long to look before leaping.
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by blacksta(m): 9:17am On Jun 22, 2011
A man who rolls with Yar adua nick named the " SNAIL " - for the Sake of God what do you expect.
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by kabba7(m): 9:23am On Jun 22, 2011
There is nothing wrong with president GEJ. He is at his top speed, check him out what did he archive as Gov. of Bayelsa, Vice president or Ag. President. Nigerians are just dumb, finish
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by feelamong(m): 9:27am On Jun 22, 2011
Did I hear u say ‘his balls’

The guy has no balls……even someone with half a ball would have done much better!!
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 9:32am On Jun 22, 2011
dankol:

why should we wait for four years before complaining just because the president's wife's name is patience?
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by stormm: 9:47am On Jun 22, 2011
kabba7:

There is nothing wrong with president GEJ. He is at his top speed, check him out what did he archive as Gov. of Bayelsa, Vice president or Ag. President. Nigerians are just dumb, finish

Guess u're being sarcastic, right?
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by Lagosboy: 9:56am On Jun 22, 2011
You simply cannot give what you dont have.

Mr President himself admitted he doesnt have the required adminsitrative skills required of a president. There is nothing wrong with him.

I hope i am proven wrong but i think we will be worse off in 2015 compared to 2007 when OBJ left.
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by otokx(m): 10:21am On Jun 22, 2011
Happy that most people here agree that there is nothing wrong with him.
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by TayoD1(m): 10:36am On Jun 22, 2011
@topic,

I was in Nigeria for a 2-week break until last Sunday. I had the privilege of listening to Jonathan speak for the very first time on a local news station who requested for comments after the bomb blast at the Police Headquarters. In one minute of the interview, Jonathan came across to me as both insensitive and ill-informed. His comments in the interview went something like this - "First, I must express my sincere condolences to those who lost properties during the bomb blast." He then went on to declare that people who accuse his administration of lacking the backbone to fight this menace must not forget that even terrorists crashed an airplane into the White House.

Does anyone see what is wrong with those statements? First, he was more concerned, and gave priority to those who lost properties rather than the families of those who lost loved ones. Secondly, terrorists did not crash no plane into the WH. They however did same to the WTC and Pentagon. Insensitivity and ignorance smells to high heavens in his statement.

I am not a a supporter nor do I loathe Jonathan, but the first impression he made on my first contact with him is not good!!!!
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by mcnepow(m): 10:53am On Jun 22, 2011
Tayo-D:

@topic,

I was in Nigeria for a 2-week break until last Sunday. I had the privilege of listening to Jonathan speak for the very first time on a local news station who requested for comments after the bomb blast at the Police Headquarters. In one minute of the interview, Jonathan came across to me as both insensitive and ill-informed. His comments in the interview went something like this - "First, I must express my sincere condolences to those who lost properties during the bomb blast." He then went on to declare that people who accuse his administration of lacking the backbone to fight this menace must not forget that even terrorists crashed an airplane into the White House.

Does anyone see what is wrong with those statements? First, he was more concerned, and gave priority to those who lost properties rather than the families of those who lost loved ones. Secondly, terrorists did not crash no plane into the WH. They however did same to the WTC and Pentagon. Insensitivity and ignorance smells to high heavens in his statement.

I am not a a supporter nor do I loathe Jonathan, but the first impression he made on my first contact with him is not good!!!!
Tell them! I would have done better in that interview ¤not bragging¤
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by Leonoel202(m): 10:57am On Jun 22, 2011
Goodluck is catching cold, y is he not attacking the Buko people?
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by obailala(m): 11:08am On Jun 22, 2011
egift:

If you ask me of President Jonathan, I will tell you he is the most fortunate person in Nigeria's political history. Even OBJ is not lucky as him.

But his performance is not encouraging at all. So I ask "What is wrong with him?". Please if you know anything that is hindering Mr President (even the remotest of all), do let us know - that way we may understand why he act the way he do. Hopefully may improve - for the good of our beloved country.

Over to you grin

-A man who had no achievement as deputy governor
-a man who had no achievement as Governor (rather he shifted over N20b of Bayelsan wealth to support Yaradua campaign hence he was chosen as Vice)
-a man who had no achievement as VP (except for showing Nigerians dat he was meek and had patience)
-A man who had no tangible achievement as Ag president and president for over 15months but rather shared over 90% of foreign reserves to thieving
governors in return for his re-election
-A man whose only achievement is that he eliminated fuel queues at filling stations but this was achieved by shifting our collective billions to the same PDP
 cabals to import fuel from their private refineries in senegal and ivory coast (these same cabals actually caused the artificial scarcity in the first place).

Just as many have said here, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH JONATHAN. He's just being himself. He's always been like this right from time. "We" all voted for him because "we" were tired of having northerners as our president so we threw our life long priorities to the wind and decided to endure another 4yrs if not 8 patiently.

The right question should rather be, What were "we" thinking when "we" voted for him?

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by Logba: 11:12am On Jun 22, 2011
I dont know why people are complaining.  People claimed to have  voted Jonathan not PDP and I am yet to see sence in that statement. Jonathan is known to have weak disposition  before he emerged as acting president. Those who are enlightened in this forum voted him based on ethnic and other reasons. Why blame the guy when  you asked a man who  is so myopic and clueless on governance to lead the country. I am sorry for this country.  He is aready making arrangement to open 400 schools for the Almajirs in the North to appease Boko Haram. That was announced offiially a day after the bomb blast.
He is always fond of begging people  to stop beating him when he has  his own hands.  This traits he has displayed right from childhood(confirmed information)
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by Bensonite: 11:13am On Jun 22, 2011
OP,
The question should be what is wrong with you.
egift:

You post rubbish and feel good abi.
The senate is on three weeks recess so it was impossible for the confirmation of already shortlisted ministers so get that right. He needs to get the right team to hit the ground running.
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by Logba: 11:22am On Jun 22, 2011
@ Bensonite,

You are as myopic as your Jonathan. Continue to defend him as though we dont see how governance is done in other nations. If Senate is on recess, the country should to sleep.
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by dustydee: 11:25am On Jun 22, 2011
Where were all of you during the presidential elections? The people who want him there obviously don't see anything wrong with his leadership style.
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by egift(m): 11:33am On Jun 22, 2011
Bensonite:

OP,
The question should be what is wrong with you.You post rubbish and feel good abi.
The senate is on three weeks recess so it was impossible for the confirmation of already shortlisted ministers so get that right. He needs to get the right team to hit the ground running.

So in your little world you don't know the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria have the power to ask the Senate to cut short their break or convene an emergency session to screen and approve his list. Or he is afraid of disturbing our Senators when they are sleeping.

Simple, Oga Jonathan have no "balls". Imagine Nigeria was at war cry cry cry
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by metodman(m): 11:34am On Jun 22, 2011
The way things are now going in Nigeria, 2015 might be too long for the military to take over.
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by violent(m): 11:34am On Jun 22, 2011
Just as many have said here, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH JONATHAN. He's just being himself. He's always been like this right from time. "We" all voted for him because "we" were tired of having northerners as our president so we threw our life long priorities to the wind and decided to endure another 4yrs if not 8 patiently.

I was about throwing fireballs your way for using collective personal pronoun "We" in your statements.  Nothing infruriates me more than being classed together along with a bunch of ignorants who failed to do the right thing when call to do so.  Like someone rightly said, it's potentially dangerous to underestimate the power of folly in large groups.

But seeing that you have used "We" in a quoted context, I would assume you actually mean "You" referring to those who ignorantly pissed away four years of a country's future by thumbing their prints for a spineless heap of shyt.

Kindly let me know if my assumptions regarding the context of your speech is wrong, so i could  draft a more appropraite response.
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by member479760: 11:36am On Jun 22, 2011
too much of ogogoro and fish - NO GOOD!
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by peaceland(m): 11:38am On Jun 22, 2011
Hi All,
i think we should give him the element of the doubt. i did not vote for him; i like him but i also feel he's not as strong willed as required. however; this is a democracy - i am willing to give him till end of the year, then we should have a clear cut direction of where we are going.
this room is based on the believe i have that he's someone who likes to take his time - irrespective of what is going on around him; the little i know of Mr president he's not in an hurry to perform so why are we surprised - we all knew that from day 1!!!.
so 6 months from now is okay. i am assuming he is not willing to hit the ground running; that he has not thought of a team to work with him since the campaign days; that he even does not have a working plan and would require some time to draft it. i am even willing to assume that he's not been in govt. see; i am willing to give him the element of the doubt for 6 months before making up my mind. i wish him and indeed all Nigerians the best of luck. we are in this together; courtesy of democracy  rule of numbers so the earlier we all join hands to make it work the better. lets not criticise him; he daily makes blunders but then he has been doing that before the election so its no longer big deal; lets offer creative advises until he fails consistently to take those advises. nice day
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by vivika(f): 11:42am On Jun 22, 2011
Honestly i think hes biggest problem is that he has yet to grasp the importance of his authority or even his postion
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by metodman(m): 11:44am On Jun 22, 2011
Gej is not the kind of person we need at this crucial period as president, Maybe local government councillor but definitely not higher than that!
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by zikclassiq(m): 11:48am On Jun 22, 2011
Nothing is wrong with him o abeg! What do you really mean? Running a country like nigeria is not like running your own business. Abeg leave my jonathan for me o!
Lets not pile unnecessary pressure on him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking News! Reports Of Several Explosion In Kano / Cumulative Results. Cont’d / Rivers Re-run: Amaechi Just Lost His Local Government To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.