Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,779 members, 7,831,508 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Goldman Sachs Suddenly Issued A Crypto Price Warning After Huge Bitcoin Crash - Investment (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Goldman Sachs Suddenly Issued A Crypto Price Warning After Huge Bitcoin Crash (42346 Views)

Nigerian Logistics Startup Kobo360 Raises N11 Billion Backed By Goldman Sachs / Bitcoin Price Warning: Expert Says Not To Touch Cryptocurrency Until This Happen / Will Bitcoin Crash Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goldman Sachs Suddenly Issued A Crypto Price Warning After Huge Bitcoin Crash by Benrosaria(m): 8:03am On Jan 30, 2022
efficiencie:

Dude your monkey story is odd. Who in this world would like to be the rich merchant? The guy basically bought all the monkeys in the land only to lose it all to an employee! And not all the villagers will be worse off because those villagers who started buying the monkeys when they went for 100 pounds and were consistent would have gained 800 pounds per monkey they sold and if there are wise gamblers among them they would not have exhausted their 800x pounds in investing in the last purchase that turned out to be a scam. In the end some villagers would have profited insanely from a natural resource they did practically nothing to produce. In the end the real loser is not the villagers but the rich merchant. Now you used this analogy to describe investment in cryptocurrency, now who does the merchant typify?

Big man now I know the problem of a black man.

A black man never ceases to be stupid.

A white man created money for development but a black man relearnt money for the purchase of food.

Monkey business is what has been used to Bleep with the soul of a black man.

Homie wake up and understand that those monkeys are natural resource either to be eaten or used for development
Re: Goldman Sachs Suddenly Issued A Crypto Price Warning After Huge Bitcoin Crash by defash8: 8:14am On Jan 30, 2022
I lost 26% of my investment in US stock, will I consider that as Ponzi? Likewise some Nigeria stocks has dwindled with heavy loss. Crypto is not immuned to same problems that world economy is going through right now.

In addition, Crypto is going through S-Curve just like every instrument of trade like Gold, Silver & Dollars. The earlier adopters will make fortunes while late adopter will incur losses then the currency will STABILIZED. At equilibrium, there will be occasional surge or dip based on market forces.

After maintaining a steady value, Cryptocurrency would be what it is meant to be which is currency & not means of getting rich.

My investment in CryptoCurrency is not to achieve quadruple amount but to have alternatives to Dollars & Naira. Any market that have $3Trillion investment has passed Ponzi stage.

1 Like

Re: Goldman Sachs Suddenly Issued A Crypto Price Warning After Huge Bitcoin Crash by Anijay1212(m): 8:56am On Jan 30, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Mad man says "sense comes hour by hour".

Cryptocurrency itself is a fraud, Ponzi and financial mania.

It's monkey business cool
CBN is right, there's no stable coin anywhere It's all fraud!
https://www.theverge.com/2021/10/15/22728253/tether-41-million-misleading-statements-fiat-currency-bitfinex-cftc

International fraudsters and scammers are feeding fat on the ignorance and greed of cunny sense folks cool

CBN should go extra step to protect our economy against the cryptocurrency fraud.
The banks are still enabling this fraud called cryptocurrency and the CBN can't continue to watch international fraudsters ruin our citizens.

In case you do not know what Monkey Business is all about; Now read this so you will know that Cryptocurrency is a monkey business fraud :
A lot of monkeys lived near a village.

One day a merchant came to the village to buy the monkeys.

He announced that he would buy the monkeys for £100 each.

The villagers thought he was mad.

They thought how can somebody buy stray monkeys for £100 each?

Still, some people caught a few monkeys and gave them to the merchant and he gave them £100 for each monkey.

This news spread like wildfire and more people caught more monkeys to sell to the merchant.

After a few days, the merchant announced that he would buy monkeys for £200 each.

Even the lazy villagers now ran around to catch the remaining monkeys and sold them for £200 each.

Then the merchant announced that he will buy monkeys for £500 each.

The villagers started to lose sleep! They caught six or seven monkeys, which was all that was left, and got £500 for each one.

The villagers were waiting anxiously for the next announcement.

Then the merchant said he was going home for a week and when he returned he would buy monkeys for £1,000 each.

He asked his employee to take care of the monkeys he bought.

The merchant went home and the villagers were very sad as there were no more monkeys left for them to sell at £1,000 each.

Then the employee told them he will secretly sell them monkeys for £700 each.

This news spread like wildfire. Since the merchant will buy monkeys for £1,000 each, there is a £300 profit for each monkey.

The next day the villagers made a queue near the monkey cage.

The employee sold all the monkeys for £700 each. The rich bought monkeys in big lots. The poor borrowed money from money lenders and also bought monkeys.

The villagers took care of the monkeys and waited for the merchant to return.

But nobody came.
They ran to the employee, but he had already left too.

The villagers then realised that they had bought the valueless stray monkeys for £700 each and were unable to sell them.

Beware of Monkey Businesses

Real Businesses are always based on Real Products and Services; any profit that comes cheap has a question mark. For instance, invest #2m today and get #4m in 30days. You will get the first month, second month, with the urge to make more money, you invest both the interest and principal into the 3rd month. That's when they vacate.

No more monkeys business this year....

Nice and sweet promises are calculated for u which look wonderful on paper but a mirage in reality.

invest wisely

Again never engage in any form of Monkey Business in "2022".

Remain blessed and shine your eyes!!!

#copied.

According to an Oxford University researcher, "Cryptocurrency is a fraud worse than a Madoff stye Ponzi
https://www.ft.com/content/83a14261-598d-4601-87fc-5dde528b33d0

FreeStuffsNG appeals to you to "Please stay off the cryptocurrency fraud/scam."

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Goldman Sachs Suddenly Issued A Crypto Price Warning After Huge Bitcoin Crash by Smithwilliams826: 9:39am On Jan 30, 2022
These ops are only posting the bad said of betece.
Re: Goldman Sachs Suddenly Issued A Crypto Price Warning After Huge Bitcoin Crash by ElonEmpire: 10:21am On Jan 30, 2022
Sammy101111:
I received $17,000 1:30am and i slept i did not sell the btc instant because my vedndor was offline and he is the only one i trust so i slept off and woke up by 7:30am that same day btc as dropped to $12,000( from $17,000 i could not cry i was sober
Next time convert it to USDT or other fiat
Re: Goldman Sachs Suddenly Issued A Crypto Price Warning After Huge Bitcoin Crash by authority2006(m): 12:40pm On Jan 30, 2022
planetx:
All I see with this comment is ignorance and lack of knowledge of what the Blockchain technology is all about. Some meme tokens might be based on speculation, but the vast majority of the crypto projects of which the coins are just one part have real world utilities and values, just read the white papers to know the utilities built around it

This thing that's just rising and falling like dick? The Naira that most of you like to cast is not even volatile and unstable like this.
And yes, crypto as of today has no utilities or value. It's as useless as p in psychology
Re: Goldman Sachs Suddenly Issued A Crypto Price Warning After Huge Bitcoin Crash by Obc1234(m): 12:40pm On Jan 30, 2022
I will buy when it comes down to 7k or 4k
Re: Goldman Sachs Suddenly Issued A Crypto Price Warning After Huge Bitcoin Crash by Sammy101111(m): 1:41pm On Jan 30, 2022
If i convwrt to usdt what if bitcoin drop it wont affect it and what about if bitcoin high will my btc go higher
ElonEmpire:

Next time convert it to USDT or other fiat
Re: Goldman Sachs Suddenly Issued A Crypto Price Warning After Huge Bitcoin Crash by efficiencie(m): 3:46pm On Jan 30, 2022
Benrosaria:

Big man now I know the problem of a black man.

A black man never ceases to be stupid.

A white man created money for development but a black man relearnt money for the purchase of food.

Monkey business is what has been used to Bleep with the soul of a black man.

Homie wake up and understand that those monkeys are natural resource either to be eaten or used for development

You didn't answer the question posed by my response!
Re: Goldman Sachs Suddenly Issued A Crypto Price Warning After Huge Bitcoin Crash by efficiencie(m): 3:51pm On Jan 30, 2022
CamusMidas:

You lack the wisdom to decipher a very simple analogical, because you it didn't confirm your bias; keep your bias aside and don't read it as an attack on what you stand for and maybe you could see the wisdom in it.

Your wisdom stops at the point you refuse to probe further...I basically asked a question based on the story and all I required was an intelligent response to the question and not another ad hominem response. Respond to the question posed in my comment. Attacking my person does not in any way prove or disprove my proposition.
Re: Goldman Sachs Suddenly Issued A Crypto Price Warning After Huge Bitcoin Crash by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 30, 2022
efficiencie:

Your wisdom stops at the point you refuse to probe further...I basically asked a question based on the story and all I required was an intelligent response to the question and not another ad hominem response. Respond to the question posed in my comment. Attacking my person does not in any way prove or disprove my proposition.
You have zero comprehension of what the story entails, tell me how we can have a reasonable dialogue with such premise?

How many quote you telling you how stupid you sound? Yes it is an ad hominem because you sound stupid and there is nothing left to discuss.
Re: Goldman Sachs Suddenly Issued A Crypto Price Warning After Huge Bitcoin Crash by efficiencie(m): 4:15pm On Jan 30, 2022
rex21:

Nothing concern me with crypto, i was just going through the comments and i find this particular one very disturbing. I find it hard to believe that a homo sapien typed this thing. I find it difficult to imagine that you dont know that the merchant and his employee are both working together . Bros, abeg take down this comment, its highly lugubrious and very disgraceful

Dude the OP did not make any form of allusion to your statement in bold font and even if the merchant is colluding with the merchant the merchant will still be at loss because there will be some villagers who will set a limit to the amount of money they can invest in monkeys. This is a possible scenario. There are three villages A, B and C and there is merchant M. Merchant M has bought monkeys from Messrs A, B, C and paid 100 pounds per monkey, 200 pounds per monkey and 500 pounds per monkey at different points until the monkeys are all but exhausted. If there is a total 10000 monkeys and we have the following ordered pair of price and quantity by Messrs A, B, and C respectively A[(100, 1000), (200, 1500), (500, 1500)], B[(100, 800), (200, 1000), (500, 1200)] and C[(100, 750), (200, 1050), (500, 1200)] resulting Messrs A, B and C becoming 1,150,000 pounds, 880,000 pounds and 885,000 pounds richer respectively. This would mean that the merchant would have spent a total of 2,915,000 pounds buying monkeys. Now Mr Merchant announces that he will buy more monkeys for 1000 pounds per monkey and he puts the monkeys in the care of his assistant who decides to sell each monkey for 700 pounds per monkey, the only way the merchant breaks even if the villagers decide to collectively purchase 4165 monkeys (about 41% of the monkeys in the custody of the merchant). If the villagers, were tactful gamblers, they would have invested their new found wealth in other businesses and used part to keep playing the monkey game and if the villagers collectively purchased less than 41% of the monkeys the merchant will be neck deep in debt or go bankrupt.

This is one scenario where the logic behind the monkey story fails. This story is based on the assumption that the villagers will go all in to purchase all the monkeys the merchant originally bought. You can fool all the people sometimes and fool some people all the time but you cannot fool all the people all the time....so I again I ask you Mr wise man, who does the merchant typify?
Re: Goldman Sachs Suddenly Issued A Crypto Price Warning After Huge Bitcoin Crash by rex21: 4:25pm On Jan 30, 2022
efficiencie:

Dude the OP did not make any form of allusion to your statement in bold font and even if the merchant is colluding with the merchant the merchant will still be at loss because there will be some villagers who will set a limit to the amount of money they can invest in monkeys. This is a possible scenario. There are three villages A, B and C and there is merchant M. Merchant M has bought monkeys from Messrs A, B, C and paid 100 pounds per monkey, 200 pounds per monkey and 500 pounds per monkey at different points until the monkeys are all but exhausted. If there is a total 10000 monkeys and we have the following ordered pair of price and quantity by Messrs A, B, and C respectively A[(100, 1000), (200, 1500), (500, 1500)], B[(100, 800), (200, 1000), (500, 1200)] and C[(100, 750), (200, 1050), (500, 1200)] resulting Messrs A, B and C becoming 1,150,000 pounds, 880,000 pounds and 885,000 pounds richer respectively. This would mean that the merchant would have spent a total of 2,915,000 pounds buying monkeys. Now Mr Merchant announces that he will buy more monkeys for 1000 pounds per monkey and he puts the monkeys in the care of his assistant who decides to sell each monkey for 700 pounds per monkey, the only way the merchant breaks even if the villagers decide to collectively purchase 4165 monkeys (about 41% of the monkeys in the custody of the merchant). If the villagers, were tactful gamblers, they would have invested their new found wealth in other businesses and used part to keep playing the monkey game and if the villagers collectively purchased less than 41% of the monkeys the merchant will be neck deep in debt or go bankrupt.

This is one scenario where the logic behind the monkey story fails. This story is based on the assumption that the villagers will go all in to purchase all the monkeys the merchant originally bought. You can fool all the people sometimes and fool some people all the time but you cannot fool all the people all the time....so I again I ask you Mr wise man, who does the merchant typify?
Bro, you are the personification of the word charlatan. Why are you making assumptions for a story that was stated clearly.

The employee sold all the monkeys for £700 each. The rich bought monkeys in big lots. The poor borrowed money from money lenders and also bought monkeys.

Did you read this part of the story. The villagers bought 100% of the monkeys. You are disgracing yourself with these your assertions bro.
Re: Goldman Sachs Suddenly Issued A Crypto Price Warning After Huge Bitcoin Crash by PoliteActivist: 4:34pm On Jan 30, 2022
PapaNnamdi:

These are digital versions of his paintings, you have to see them on canvas

One of his paintings as at the time he painted it had a 3d approach, the painting looked alive and changes angles when you view it from different perspectives.

However most of his paintings are expensive because they are now antique collections,
It happens with all antiques abroad, unlike the NFT bored ape yatch club on the Blockchain,Google those and see their prices compared to what they look like
With due respect, stop making a fool of yourself. Everybody can see those are ugly paintings with basically no intrinsic value - same as bitcoin. The ONLY reason they are worth that is because PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO PAY THAT FOR THEM. Bitcoin even offers utilitarian value that a Picasso does not. If world governments were to keep out, crypto would SURELY soon replace fiat.
Re: Goldman Sachs Suddenly Issued A Crypto Price Warning After Huge Bitcoin Crash by PoliteActivist: 4:36pm On Jan 30, 2022
CamusMidas:

Wack beer parlour wisdom, tell any artist in your area to make a replica of that paint and see how much he could get for it.

Exactly. People will say he's gone loco. They'd have him commited cheesy

Re: Goldman Sachs Suddenly Issued A Crypto Price Warning After Huge Bitcoin Crash by efficiencie(m): 5:11pm On Jan 30, 2022
rex21:

Bro, you are the personification of the word charlatan. Why are you making assumptions for a story that was stated clearly.

Did you read this part of the story. The villagers bought 100% of the monkeys. You are disgracing yourself with these your assertions bro.

ad hominem king!
Re: Goldman Sachs Suddenly Issued A Crypto Price Warning After Huge Bitcoin Crash by rex21: 6:09pm On Jan 30, 2022
efficiencie:

ad hominem king!
That was the point bro. I'm not questioning your assertions, i'm questioning your sanity for making such assertions.
Re: Goldman Sachs Suddenly Issued A Crypto Price Warning After Huge Bitcoin Crash by edgecution(m): 12:10am On Jan 31, 2022
Trash. I got houses and plots of land from Cryptos.

1 Like

Re: Goldman Sachs Suddenly Issued A Crypto Price Warning After Huge Bitcoin Crash by PapaNnamdi: 7:55pm On Jan 31, 2022
PoliteActivist:

With due respect, stop making a fool of yourself. Everybody can see those are ugly paintings with basically no intrinsic value - same as bitcoin. The ONLY reason they are worth that is because PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO PAY THAT FOR THEM. Bitcoin even offers utilitarian value that a Picasso does not. If world governments were to keep out, crypto would SURELY soon replace fiat.

You knw nothing boy,
Nothing smh
Re: Goldman Sachs Suddenly Issued A Crypto Price Warning After Huge Bitcoin Crash by ElonEmpire: 5:12pm On Feb 01, 2022
Sammy101111:
If i convwrt to usdt what if bitcoin drop it wont affect it and what about if bitcoin high will my btc go higher
Yes if u convert it to USDT or any other fiat is like your converting to physical USD or you keeping your money in bank.
The movement in the price of btc or any coin won't affect it.
It can't increase or decrease.
It is best for securing your asset during dip
Re: Goldman Sachs Suddenly Issued A Crypto Price Warning After Huge Bitcoin Crash by opend: 7:31pm On Jun 29, 2022
As a renowned SEO company, SMMA has a vast range of experience to offer its clients. The SEO content produced by SMMA has been proven to bring results for its clients. This company's extensive experience, analytics reports, and expert knowledge make them an excellent choice for improving the ranking of your business website on Google searches. Here are some of the things to look for when choosing an SMMA agency. Here are some of its benefits.
Re: Goldman Sachs Suddenly Issued A Crypto Price Warning After Huge Bitcoin Crash by AlphaTaikun: 2:49am On Sep 14, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/billybambrough/2022/01/28/goldman-sachs-suddenly-issued-a-surprise-crypto-price-warning-after-huge-bitcoin-ethereum-bnb-solana-cardano-and-xrp-crash/amp/
Due diligence is key here.

Analysts gave warnings but some newbies (due to greed) thought they knew more than the real financial experts.

Invest only what you can afford to lose.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goldman Sachs Suddenly Issued A Crypto Price Warning After Huge Bitcoin Crash by opend: 11:58am On Nov 21, 2022
liquidity provision to the financial market is a multi-dimensional process. It is a dynamic process, requiring the flexibility of the provider to adjust liquidity supply in a manner that compensates for adverse selection costs. Liquidity providers connect buyers and sellers across time, enabling supply to meet demand in a timely manner.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Whats The Current Fixed Deposit Interest Rate For Nigerian Banks / What's Your Biggest Investment In 2018 And How Much Did You Make? / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.