Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,914 members, 7,835,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

YORUBAS: Why Southern Unity And Not Western Unity? (NW/SW) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / YORUBAS: Why Southern Unity And Not Western Unity? (NW/SW) (1732 Views)

Ojema Ojetu Sponsors Bill Seeking To Stop NW, SS, SW From Presidential Election / We Have Accommodated Yorubas, Why Should Tinubu Insult Us - Akwa Ibom Govt / The Yorubas; Why Fulani May Return To Presidency 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: YORUBAS: Why Southern Unity And Not Western Unity? (NW/SW) by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 30, 2022
Investigative:

You asked what southern unity have sis your SW
I explained how it helped SW in 1999
When igbo give way for them to become president
You said is not answer
Oya tell us the answer

Gave way for kini? Why are you Igbos such fraudulent revisionists? Did Alex Ekwueme contest the PDP Primary against OBJ or not?

Are you saying that if Ekwueme had defeated OBJ, to gain the PDP ticket, Igbos would not have voted their son to become President?

Please chill with the lies thst does not match what the entire world knows about you people which is that you are clannish, self-serving, tribalistic, hateful of others and always laying in wait to reap where you have not sown.

Below is the result of the PDP Presidential Primaries when Nigeria returned to democracy in 1999. How many Yorubas contested and how many Igbos? Where is your "Igbos gave way for Yoruba" bullcrap validated below?

Stop trying to portray yourselves to be what even a newborn child knows you are not and can never be. Laughable doing so.

https://groups.google.com/g/soc.culture.nigeria/c/e3p6UBNplJI

2 Likes

Re: YORUBAS: Why Southern Unity And Not Western Unity? (NW/SW) by MrMaestro: 5:32pm On Jan 30, 2022
Dapinski:

Gave way for kini? Why are you Igbos such fraudulent revisionists? Did Alex Ekwueme contest the PDP Primary against OBJ or not?

Are you saying that if Ekwueme had defeated OBJ, to gain the PDP ticket, Igbos would not have voted their son to become President?

Please chill with the lies thst does not match what the entire world knows about you people which is that you are clannish, self-serving, tribalistic, hateful of others and always laying in wait to reap where you have not sown.

Below is the result of the PDP Presidential Primaries when Nigeria returned to democracy in 1999. How many Yorubas contested and how many Igbos? Where is your "Igbos gave way for Yoruba" bullcrap validated below?

Stop trying to portray yourselves to be what even a newborn child knows you are not and can never be. Laughable doing so.

https://groups.google.com/g/soc.culture.nigeria/c/e3p6UBNplJI

Everyone knows had Obasanjo lost against Ekwueme in the primaries they would’ve voted for him. The problem the Igbos have with the Yorubas contesting is because they know there is no way they will ever win an election competing with a Yoruba candidate. History has proven to this time and time again. So they want to force Yoruba candidates not to contest. Cowards afraid of competition.

3 Likes

Re: YORUBAS: Why Southern Unity And Not Western Unity? (NW/SW) by T9ksy(m): 7:38pm On Jan 30, 2022
nisai:
Thank you sir. The way these people are going about this, they will make those of us indifferent to Tinubu's ambition to fall in.

My brother, don't mind those myopic children of hate from the yeastside. Tinubu's
ambition to rule Nigeria is already DOA . His fulani masters are not ready to give off that stranglehold on the nation .

Rather than that ,they would prefer to burn the country down . Las, Las they would either lock Tinubu
up for alleged fraud or give him the Abiola's treatment. However, I will predict that Tinubu will run into exile like he did after the 2015 election which he invested huge sum of his ill-gotten gains, on.

2 Likes

Re: YORUBAS: Why Southern Unity And Not Western Unity? (NW/SW) by DMerciful(m): 8:49pm On Jan 30, 2022
How about a country without Igbos entirely?

Support Biafra and have your own country with Hausa-Fulani!
MrMaestro:
It’s become quite clear that there is nothing that will bring the south together as the igbos have made it their mission to attack Tinubu as they have done with Awolowo, MKO Abiola, and every other political juggernaut in the region to prevent the strongest political candidate from reaching power.

Meanwhile the Northerners continue to support Yorubas. Continue to partner with Yorubas such as the Norther Dangote building the most massive refinery in Africa in Lagos state instead of his own Kano state. Femi Otedola and Dangote seem to be close friends and work together. The NW focus on Agriculture and farming production, while SW focuses on Tech, law, and financial services. It’s honestly a great combination as the strengths match perfectly.

Whether it be business, politics, and anything else, there’s a natural harmonious collaboration between the two regions whenever it happens. Meanwhile whenever igbos get any sort of interaction with Yorubas they either curse the natives and say they own Lagos. Or they curse their politicians and say they are evil and corrupt.

So my question stands:

WHAT BENEFIT HAS A SOUTHERN UNITY BEEN FOR YORUBAS AND HOW IS IT BETTER THAN A WESTERN UNITY WITH THE NW IN THE CONTEXT OF NIGERIA?

SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: YORUBAS: Why Southern Unity And Not Western Unity? (NW/SW) by DMerciful(m): 8:52pm On Jan 30, 2022
Ojulwu was matching to Lagos to take Gowon out and not attack Yorubas, use your brain.

Yorubas was not represented in GEJ govt thanks to Tinubu.

Support Biafra seccession from Nigeria and have your peace but before then, no peace for the wicked!
MrMaestro:

Agreed 100% honestly. The stagnation of the Yorubas have come from the south East. When Goodluck Jonathan was in office SW rightfully pointed out how they were being marginalized in the administration. And the igbos were supporting it that it Yorubas should continue to be marginalized. Why on earth do Yorubas even want unity with a people that have proven from the moment Ojukwu wanted to march towards Yorubaland that these people have set Yorubas as their enemies forever.

The NW is a much MUCH better ally to have in my book.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: YORUBAS: Why Southern Unity And Not Western Unity? (NW/SW) by Idiko1: 9:04pm On Jan 30, 2022
MrMaestro:
It’s become quite clear that there is nothing that will bring the south together as the igbos have made it their mission to attack Tinubu as they have done with Awolowo, MKO Abiola, and every other political juggernaut in the region to prevent the strongest political candidate from reaching power.

Meanwhile the Northerners continue to support Yorubas. Continue to partner with Yorubas such as the Norther Dangote building the most massive refinery in Africa in Lagos state instead of his own Kano state. Femi Otedola and Dangote seem to be close friends and work together. The NW focus on Agriculture and farming production, while SW focuses on Tech, law, and financial services. It’s honestly a great combination as the strengths match perfectly.

Whether it be business, politics, and anything else, there’s a natural harmonious collaboration between the two regions whenever it happens. Meanwhile whenever igbos get any sort of interaction with Yorubas they either curse the natives and say they own Lagos. Or they curse their politicians and say they are evil and corrupt.

So my question stands:

WHAT BENEFIT HAS A SOUTHERN UNITY BEEN FOR YORUBAS AND HOW IS IT BETTER THAN A WESTERN UNITY WITH THE NW IN THE CONTEXT OF NIGERIA?

SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY.

Honestly, I do not want to do anything with Yoruba. I had rather joined Biafra or even Republic of Igbo land than have treacherous loudmouths as compatriots. One of the reasons I want Nigeria to be disintegrated is have correct people in a nation state where unity and prosperity will flourish.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: YORUBAS: Why Southern Unity And Not Western Unity? (NW/SW) by T9ksy(m): 9:06pm On Jan 30, 2022
DMerciful:
Ojulwu was matching to Lagos to take Gowon out and not attack Yorubas, use your brain.

Yorubas was not represented in GEJ govt thanks to Tinubu.

Support Biafra seccession from Nigeria and have your peace but before then, no peace for the wicked!

Before ojukwu embarked on his suicidal mission towards Yorubaland, he had already dropped bombs in ebutta meta and lagos Island. The casualties of these attacks were majorly yorubas..

3 Likes

Re: YORUBAS: Why Southern Unity And Not Western Unity? (NW/SW) by DMerciful(m): 9:15pm On Jan 30, 2022
You Yorubas always pride yourself that you stopped Biafra soldiers at Ore. So my question is how did they get to Ebute Meta and Lagos Island?
T9ksy:

Before ojukwu embarked on his suicidal mission towards Yorubaland, he had already dropped bombs in ebutta meta and lagos Island. The casualties of these attacks were majorly yorubas..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: YORUBAS: Why Southern Unity And Not Western Unity? (NW/SW) by coolitempa(f): 10:47pm On Jan 30, 2022
DMerciful:
You Yorubas always pride yourself that you stopped Biafra soldiers at Ore. So my question is how did they get to Ebute Meta and Lagos Island?

Yes we did stop you at ore…those are facts. The bombs were from Biafra fighter jets …..those also are facts.

6 Likes

Re: YORUBAS: Why Southern Unity And Not Western Unity? (NW/SW) by flokii: 11:00pm On Jan 30, 2022
To be very honest o... Hausas are far more reliable, honest and they love Yorubas. I wonder why Awolowo never considered an alliance with Ahmadu Bello but was busy pacifying Zik.

The younger generation Yorubas should not make the mistake of Awolowo and try to reach out to other tribes in Nigeria. In Plateau state for example, they have plenty tribes who speak different dialects according to LGAs.. but that doesn't stop the love they have for one another and they have a large Christian population too.

There are many Yorubas in North that have naturalized there.. you won't know they are Yorubas until you hear their names or when they hear you speak Yoruba and reply you in Yoruba. Most have taken North as home and speak Hausa language well. Reason I laugh when some people come and say Southern unity. Southern unity with hateful people that'll insult you to your face and call your homeland "no man's land".

6 Likes

Re: YORUBAS: Why Southern Unity And Not Western Unity? (NW/SW) by WATCHOVER(m): 11:03pm On Jan 30, 2022
Investigative:
I will rather vote a stone
I will rather vote a pig
I will rather vote a headless chicken
I will rather vote a goat
Jonathan is clueless
Jonathan is a buffon
Even soyinka called patience Jonathan shepopo tamus
LMAO
These are SW words
Yoruba champion the removal of Jonathan
How do you expect SS and SE to support SW
They betrayed Jonathan no be small

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: YORUBAS: Why Southern Unity And Not Western Unity? (NW/SW) by DMerciful(m): 11:04pm On Jan 30, 2022
Show proof!
coolitempa:

Yes we did stop you at ore…those are facts. The bombs were from Biafra fighter jets …..those also are facts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: YORUBAS: Why Southern Unity And Not Western Unity? (NW/SW) by T9ksy(m): 11:15pm On Jan 30, 2022
DMerciful:

Ojukwu used the "Biafran babies" to drop the bombs.
Re: YORUBAS: Why Southern Unity And Not Western Unity? (NW/SW) by DMerciful(m): 11:17pm On Jan 30, 2022
Jokers!
T9ksy:

Ojukwu used the "Biafran babies" to drop the bombs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: YORUBAS: Why Southern Unity And Not Western Unity? (NW/SW) by joyandfaith: 11:21pm On Jan 30, 2022
MrMaestro:

Agreed 100% honestly. The stagnation of the Yorubas have come from the south East. When Goodluck Jonathan was in office SW rightfully pointed out how they were being marginalized in the administration. And the igbos were supporting it that it Yorubas should continue to be marginalized. Why on earth do Yorubas even want unity with a people that have proven from the moment Ojukwu wanted to march towards Yorubaland that these people have set Yorubas as their enemies forever.

The NW is a much MUCH better ally to have in my book.

How did obasanjo presidency benefit yorubas?
How is Buhari presidency benefitting northerners?
Your eyes would open in your old age.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: YORUBAS: Why Southern Unity And Not Western Unity? (NW/SW) by T9ksy(m): 1:51am On Jan 31, 2022
DMerciful:
Jokers!

Sorry, my bad. I meant Biafran invaders
Re: YORUBAS: Why Southern Unity And Not Western Unity? (NW/SW) by Bettykeys: 3:46am On Jan 31, 2022
Investigative:
I will rather vote a stone
I will rather vote a pig
I will rather vote a headless chicken
I will rather vote a goat
Jonathan is clueless
Jonathan is a buffon
Even soyinka called patience Jonathan shepopo tamus
LMAO
These are SW words
Yoruba champion the removal of Jonathan
How do you expect SS and SE to support SW
Were you a toddler or you choose to be ignorant of SW marginalization by the Jonathan administration?
Not even ordinary Speaker or Senate President by Jonathan and the rest of the South were happy about it yet want same Yorubas to vote him again in 2015 ?

Imagine, the almighty sophisticated great people of Yoruba land been marginalized just to please the Northerners by building Almajirin schools up and down.

So if you were in SW shoe, would you support same enemy ? Don't forget that Obadamjo chosed Jonathan as VP for Yaradua yet the best way to pat us back is to marginalized us

If I hear Yoruba betray us again

Useless Ndi Beerfraud

1 Like

Re: YORUBAS: Why Southern Unity And Not Western Unity? (NW/SW) by Nobody: 4:03am On Jan 31, 2022
Bettykeys:

Were you a toddler or you choose to be ignorant of SW marginalization by the Jonathan administration?
Not even ordinary Speaker or Senate President by Jonathan and the rest of the South were happy about it yet want same Yorubas to vote him again in 2015 ?

Imagine, the almighty sophisticated great people of Yoruba land been marginalized just to please the Northerners by building Almajirin schools up and down.

So if you were in SW shoe, would you support same enemy ? Don't forget that Obadamjo chosed Jonathan as VP for Yaradua yet the best way to pat us back is to marginalized us

Useless Ndi Beerfraud

IPOBians are very strange people. If you wrong me, as Jonathan did the Yorubas, what right do you have to expect my help or support in future when you are in trouble?

The Yorubas would have been the biggest magas on Earth if we bailed out GEJ in 2015 after enduring 4 years in the political wilderness under his regime.

Even then, GEJ still polled over 40% of the votes against PMB in the SW in 2015. For sure the sophisticsted Yorubas are never the mate of irredeemably hateful and perpetually clannish Igbos.

1 Like

Re: YORUBAS: Why Southern Unity And Not Western Unity? (NW/SW) by MrMaestro: 4:05am On Jan 31, 2022
flokii:
To be very honest o... Hausas are far more reliable, honest and they love Yorubas. I wonder why Awolowo never considered an alliance with Ahmadu Bello but was busy pacifying Zik.

The younger generation Yorubas should not make the mistake of Awolowo and try to reach out to other tribes in Nigeria. In Plateau state for example, they have plenty tribes who speak different dialects according to LGAs.. but that doesn't stop the love they have for one another and they have a large Christian population too.

There are many Yorubas in North that have naturalized there.. you won't know they are Yorubas until you hear their names or when they hear you speak Yoruba and reply you in Yoruba. Most have taken North as home and speak Hausa language well. Reason I laugh when some people come and say Southern unity. Southern unity with hateful people that'll insult you to your face and call your homeland "no man's land".

That’s exactly what I’m thinking. It hit me when Adesina stated that Dangote was in his office multiple times and when he said Dangote and Otedola are great friends. I began to think about the different partnerships between both regions politically and see how many infrastructure projects have been ongoing in both regions.

Nothing is perfect but it’s a great match. Yorubas like to focus on tech/banking/services while northerners like agriculture and industrials. Both aren’t overly emotional and don’t like hailing curses on a particular tribe. They let you do you as long as you don’t disturb them, and Yorubas do the same. And most importantly both tribes value honor and integrity.

Instead we want to be doing southern unity with people that will be cursing all of your fathers and history from Awolowo to MKO to every current Yoruba politician. Why?!?!?

4 Likes

Re: YORUBAS: Why Southern Unity And Not Western Unity? (NW/SW) by Nobody: 5:41am On Jan 31, 2022
MrMaestro:

That’s exactly what I’m thinking. It hit me when Adesina stated that Dangote was in his office multiple times and when he said Dangote and Otedola are great friends. I began to think about the different partnerships between both regions politically and see how many infrastructure projects have been ongoing in both regions.

Nothing is perfect but it’s a great match. Yorubas like to focus on tech/banking/services while northerners like agriculture and industrials. Both aren’t overly emotional and don’t like hailing curses on a particular tribe. They let you do you as long as you don’t disturb them, and Yorubas do the same. And most importantly both tribes value honor and integrity.

Instead we want to be doing southern unity with people that will be cursing all of your fathers and history from Awolowo to MKO to every current Yoruba politician. Why?!?!?

Indeed. What makes Igbos really bad is their covetousness and raw greed. They will alway want what belongs to others and don't mind being deceptive, cunning and unscrupulous to get what they want.

Usurpation and covetousness is historical and innate with Igbos.

This is why I personally feel many Yorubas are too foolish for their own good. We must be careful empowering and assisting Igbos in Yoruba land.

For one thing, Igbos will never return the favour in ala Igbo. Their motto is "what you have is ours and what we have is ours alone".

Secondly, look at how it is mainly Igbos who incessantly fight and trouble Yoruba leadership the most in Lagos to realize the danger of empowering a people who never know their place and will always arrogantly plot to take control of what others have.

I am personally more comfortable with Northerners than hateful, insultive and ungrateful Igbos.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: YORUBAS: Why Southern Unity And Not Western Unity? (NW/SW) by FakeUnity: 5:50am On Jan 31, 2022
Bettykeys:

Useless Ndi Beerfraud

PDP and Jona gave SW the speakership position, but you buffoons fought against Hon. Mulikat Adeola your own blood because thiefnuubu said so. Yet you come here to complain to blame Jona?
Awon yoruba, why are you people so dubiously dishonest?

1 Like

Re: YORUBAS: Why Southern Unity And Not Western Unity? (NW/SW) by MrMaestro: 5:56am On Jan 31, 2022
Dapinski:

Indeed. What makes Igbos really bad is their covetousness and raw greed. They will alway want what belongs to others and don't mind being deceptive, cunning and unscrupulous to get what they want.

Usurpation and covetousness is historical and innate with Igbos.

This is why I personally feel many Yorubas are too foolish for their own good. We must be careful empowering and assisting Igbos in Yoruba land.

For one thing, Igbos will never return the favour in ala Igbo. Their motto is "what you have is ours and what we have is ours alone".

Secondly, look at how it is mainly Igbos who incessantly fight and trouble Yoruba leadership the most in Lagos to realize the danger of empowering a people who never know their place and will always arrogantly plot to take control of what others have.

I am personally more comfortable with Northerners than hateful, insultive and ungrateful Igbos.
Definitely in agreement. That’s the silver lining with the Tinubu campaign. 3 weeks into him declaring candidacy has already awoken thousands of Yorubas on the hatred the igbos have for them. His candidacy will wake millions more before it’s over. I already see it gaining steam on Twitter.

2 Likes

Re: YORUBAS: Why Southern Unity And Not Western Unity? (NW/SW) by Nobody: 6:11am On Jan 31, 2022
MrMaestro:

Definitely in agreement. That’s the silver lining with the Tinubu campaign. 3 weeks into him declaring candidacy has already awoken thousands of Yorubas on the hatred the igbos have for them. His candidacy will wake millions more before it’s over. I already see it gaining steam on Twitter.

I said the same thing recently. There is no way any Yoruba, except a bastard omo ale, will remain neutral to the behaviour we have seen from Igbo over Tinubu's declaration.

The raw malevolence, hate and evil flowing from Igbos, against Tinubu, should make every Yoruba aware of the latent hate most Igbos host for them.

Worth noting it is mainly Igbos alone as well. Some SS folks will tell you they don't want Tinubu and leave it at that. They don't spend all day online cursing the man, maligning his family, lineage, wife and appearance pettily like evil trolls.

One would even understand if Tinubu has ever done them wrong like Wike or the likes of Jameds Nwafor the SARs butcher who executed many of their fellow men and sold their organs for cash.

Igbos have no control over their hateful souls so I am loving what they are doing currently as it is showing fence-sitting Yorubas how the ingrates really feel about us.

2 Likes

Re: YORUBAS: Why Southern Unity And Not Western Unity? (NW/SW) by Investigative: 7:37am On Jan 31, 2022
Bettykeys:

Useless Ndi Beerfraud
You marginalize yourself just to please tinubu
When senate president was zone to SW
You rejected it
Now you are making noise

1 Like

Re: YORUBAS: Why Southern Unity And Not Western Unity? (NW/SW) by Xbobtage: 11:04am On Jan 31, 2022
MrMaestro:

Interesting!!! So the Video of Tinubus wife saying openly < we dont trust igbo people > in 2018, didnt trigger any awakening??

Look Im having a slow day at work so Im going to kill some time by pouring out some of my thoughts. I am not igbo but since this a conversation about southern Unity, I go chuk mouth,

I agree with the op, the Yorubas are better of in an alliance with the NW and pretty much Hausa/fulani than the rest of the south. We have known this for years thats why many tribes in the south are asking for a referendum so that the fate of the country can be decided, others can leave and the yorubas and the hausa/fulanis can finally have a monogamous national bliss together in one nation.

Look I had a conversation with a yoruba Kabu kabu driver that usually supplies me diesel last week and he was bragging about how the yorubas are the smartest and most sophisticated nigerian tribe, and how they sophisticatedly gamed nigerians by voting in Buhari so that he can hand over to Tinubu a yoruba man when he is done. For the record few minutes earlier he was complaining about how the price of everything was going up and the country has become unbearable for him and his family.

I say sho, and I was looking at this fast talking man with his dirty slippers and his destroyed 1993 volkswagen jetta.

In my thoughts I was like hmm these people think its sophistication when you remove a Professor in his 50s and then put in an illiterate army man who was a coupist and is in his 70s? , and the goal is so that a career old politician with a fraudulent past and gross history of corruption would come in and become president in a time when its another major nigerian tribe's turn?, and further deepen the country's unity crisis and future coexistence?

Really sophisticated indeed...

I think another similarity the OP has not talked about is that the Yorubas and the Hause/fulani are the only nigerian tribes who exist homogeneously in other countries and those countries rank as the poorest in the world. Niger, Benin, Chad, togo. etc The Yorubas and Hausa/fulanis in those countries consider their tribesman in nigeria as very lucky.

If one were to use the above countries as case example its fair to say that the yorubas and the hausa/fulabs are incapable of nation building and these people are the ones that are always ready to fight and die for nigerian unity. because they know that their people are incapable of building a country alone and want to drag the other nigerian tribes to the same fate as them.

Oh we are very sophisticated, we own lagos, but 85 percent of the infastructure and people you will meet on the gound in lagos is not of yoruba origin.

Despite all the good that nigeria has been to your people, you would rather sink this country for your own selfish good.

Oh Tinubu is like any other nigerian he has the right to contest for an Election = Err, he is not like any other Nigeria, he is the founder and owner of ACP, a notorious rigger of primary elections, him contesting means no one else gets a fair chance. And, the man removed a fellow southerner and brought this Woe of a president upon nigerians, he himself is a Bad/corrupt politician and he is contesting at a point when it is another southern tribes turn, and you want other southerners to support him? Haba! How sophisticated do you have to be understand why other southerners are not jumping on tinubus dick!

You people should not only be forming alliance in nigeria with NW, Since you people are not truly serious about nigerias unity, you should help us break this fake union so you can finally join forces and form one country with Niger, chad, togo and Benin - the Poorest of the poor in Africa and the world.

Sophisticated indeed!

2 Likes

Re: YORUBAS: Why Southern Unity And Not Western Unity? (NW/SW) by sarris(m): 12:39pm On Jan 31, 2022
Funny, in a country that has 6 Geopolitical zones, within a 24 years period, the south west has produced President 8 years, vice president 8 years (Cummulative 16 years in the Villa)

Now you guys still have the mind to ask other southerners to support you, if you are a non yoruba southerner, will you support such injustice??

Before you talk of unity, talk of justice and fairness, talk of equality, till then don't preach about unity.

In your proposed marriage with the southwest, the south wish you Goodluck, but we all hope they will accept such injustice from you guys. Anyway you can pay a visit to the history books before any aliance with the North.

For your info, am not an igbo.

2 Likes

Re: YORUBAS: Why Southern Unity And Not Western Unity? (NW/SW) by orisa37: 6:21pm On Jan 31, 2022
We want YORUBA NATION first before other Alliances.

2 Likes

Re: YORUBAS: Why Southern Unity And Not Western Unity? (NW/SW) by T9ksy(m): 6:56pm On Jan 31, 2022
orisa37:
We want YORUBA NATION first before other Alliances.

Abi o jare!!!

All these talk about justice, fairness & equity is of no consequence to me. Who Presidency help?

Even if tinubu gets to asoholes rock which is highly impossicant anyway, or any SE candidate for that purpose, it still won't put a stop to herdsmen from the sahel, killing us in our homes, farmland & on our highways with impunity.

The coming election is therefore, pointless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: YORUBAS: Why Southern Unity And Not Western Unity? (NW/SW) by ariesbull: 9:08pm On Jan 31, 2022
MrMaestro:

So my question stands:

SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY.

Yorubas Are The Problem With Nigeria – By Lamido Sanusi

In sum, the Yoruba political leadership, as mentioned by Balarabe Musa, has shown itself over the years to be incapable of rising above narrow tribal interests and reciprocating goodwill from other sections of the country by treating other groups with respect. Practically every crisis in Nigeria since independence has its roots in this attitude.

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi

https://www.proshareng.com/news/Nigeria-Economy/Yorubas-Are-The-Problem-With-Nigeria-Proshare/27034

1 Like

Re: YORUBAS: Why Southern Unity And Not Western Unity? (NW/SW) by ariesbull: 9:09pm On Jan 31, 2022
sarris:
Funny, in a country that has 6 Geopolitical zones, within a 24 years period, the south west has produced President 8 years, vice president 8 years (Cummulative 16 years in the Villa)

Now you guys still have the mind to ask other southerners to support you, if you are a non yoruba southerner, will you support such injustice??

Before you talk of unity, talk of justice and fairness, talk of equality, till then don't preach about unity.

In your proposed marriage with the southwest, the south wish you Goodluck, but we all hope they will accept such injustice from you guys. Anyway you can pay a visit to the history books before any aliance with the North.

For your info, am not an igbo.

Yorubas Are The Problem With Nigeria – By Lamido Sanusi

In sum, the Yoruba political leadership, as mentioned by Balarabe Musa, has shown itself over the years to be incapable of rising above narrow tribal interests and reciprocating goodwill from other sections of the country by treating other groups with respect. Practically every crisis in Nigeria since independence has its roots in this attitude.

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi

https://www.proshareng.com/news/Nigeria-Economy/Yorubas-Are-The-Problem-With-Nigeria-Proshare/27034

1 Like

Re: YORUBAS: Why Southern Unity And Not Western Unity? (NW/SW) by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 31, 2022
Nw is going too far, Yoruba should try to bring tribe closer to them culturally first before even thinking of igbos

Borgu
Nupe
Kanuri
Igala
Ebira
Gwari
Bini
Itsekiri

90 percent of these tribe make north look big, we need them to identify more with our struggle, they even defend yoruba more than some full blooded Yoruba on twitter
Re: YORUBAS: Why Southern Unity And Not Western Unity? (NW/SW) by orisa37: 9:34pm On Jan 31, 2022
T9ksy:

Abi o jare!!!

All these talk about justice, fairness & equity is of no consequence to me. Who Presidency help?

Even if tinubu gets to asoholes rock which is highly impossicant anyway, or any SE candidate for that purpose, it still won't put a stop to herdsmen from the sahel, killing us in our homes, farmland & on our highways with impunity.

The coming election is therefore, pointless.

COOOOORECT BRO. GOD BLESS YOUR UNDERSTANDING.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News : FCT High Court Set Aside Interlocutory Injunction / Slap That Got Ojukwu, 100 King’s College Boys Arrested In March 1944 / Ohanaeze Reacts To Attack On Igbo Traders Trying To Get PVC In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.