Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,573 members, 7,812,859 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

Ohanaeze Reacts To Attack On Igbo Traders Trying To Get PVC In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze Reacts To Attack On Igbo Traders Trying To Get PVC In Lagos (1692 Views)

Thugs Attack Igbo Traders Who Closed Shops To Register For PVC In Alaba Lagos / Ohanaeze Reacts To Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest - 'End Of Violent Agitations' / Ohanaeze Reacts To Okorocha's Arrest Order By Governor Ihedioha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ohanaeze Reacts To Attack On Igbo Traders Trying To Get PVC In Lagos by adenigga(m): 6:40am On Jun 10, 2022
The apex socio-cultural organization, Ohanaeze Ndigbo has condemned outrightly the unprovoked attack on Igbos in Lagos State who were trying to register and secure their Permanent Voters Card, PVC.

Naija News reports that the group’s national president, Mazi Okwu Nnabuike made the statement on Thursday where he condemned the attack on Igbo, stating that it will not condone mindless and unprovoked attacks on her people in Lagos State.

According to Ohanaeze, Ndigbo should not be pushed beyond the walls.

He said: “Several videos currently circulating on social media show several youths being attacked by thugs where they had gone to obtain their Permanent Voters’ Cards, PVCs.

“They could be heard wailing in the video that despite closing shops for that purpose, some hired thugs had prevented them from obtaining the card.

“Some Igbo youths sustained injuries in the process.

“We have already been pushed to the walls, what they are doing now amounts to pushing Ndigbo beyond the walls and the consequences could be drastic.

“The two major political parties in the country cannot deny the South-East presidential ticket and at the same time deny them the opportunity to exercise their franchise. This is a call for total anarchy in the land and we are urging the security agencies to rise to the occasion”.

Okwu called on the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Bola Tinubu and the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu “to call their people to order.”

He said: “However, what we will not condone is the mindless and unprovoked attack on Igbos resident in Lagos State.

“If those behind this mayhem are not doing his bidding, he should come out and condemn their actions in strong terms. The same goes for the Lagos State Governor, who is the Chief Security Officer. He must ensure the protection of every resident of Lagos State no matter where the person comes from.

“We also call on the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, to deploy registration materials to churches and other public places in Lagos in order to give Nigerians free access”.

Source: https:///Ohanaeze-Reacts-To-Attack-On-Igbo-Traders-Trying-To-Get-PVC-In-Lagos

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Reacts To Attack On Igbo Traders Trying To Get PVC In Lagos by Fahdiga(m): 6:43am On Jun 10, 2022
Igbos won't take it lightly with anyone next time. This warning is to avoid influx of people into Benin Republic IDP

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Reacts To Attack On Igbo Traders Trying To Get PVC In Lagos by Lawlab254: 6:43am On Jun 10, 2022
Ok
Re: Ohanaeze Reacts To Attack On Igbo Traders Trying To Get PVC In Lagos by inoki247: 6:44am On Jun 10, 2022
This Ohaneze no dey release statement when things like this happen in there region once is outside there region dey find dere voice.....

When UGM dey disenfranchise people dey were mute....

6 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Reacts To Attack On Igbo Traders Trying To Get PVC In Lagos by Cantonese: 6:45am On Jun 10, 2022
The fear of Igbo votes keeps troubling some people.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze Reacts To Attack On Igbo Traders Trying To Get PVC In Lagos by Joezinho: 6:46am On Jun 10, 2022
Igbos can cry sha. Even when you are not looking at them, they will believe you are after them. If you are not safe in lagos go back to your mini region for your PVC registration and vote in your region.Lagos belongs to South westerners not other tribes...

See these fulani beggars.. cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Reacts To Attack On Igbo Traders Trying To Get PVC In Lagos by oyebanji44: 6:47am On Jun 10, 2022
because of rejection by Nigerian remainder for not supporting an ibo man.. grin grin

Our Ohanaeze is frustrated, perplexed and tired of this one Nigeria.. grin

Without realizing that it was AZikwe ( our forefather) that cause disunity in South.... grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Reacts To Attack On Igbo Traders Trying To Get PVC In Lagos by Abfinest007(m): 6:47am On Jun 10, 2022
Bad people everywhere
Re: Ohanaeze Reacts To Attack On Igbo Traders Trying To Get PVC In Lagos by Esama: 6:50am On Jun 10, 2022
Keep quiet and warn your people to respect their host there is sizable number of hausa and other tribe in lago those people are not complain of attack. Me too I get my PVC in lagos nobody attack and they will not ask you where you come from.

Not only igbo are in Nigeria they should learn how to live in peace and be respectful. If they don't do anything nobody will attack them.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze Reacts To Attack On Igbo Traders Trying To Get PVC In Lagos by PDJT: 6:52am On Jun 10, 2022
-People who sent those street urchins are well-seated in their air-conditioned homes with their children abroad whilst, sending other people's unemployed kids to go and behave in such animalistic way.

-What are they actually scared of? Igbo's are 5%ters na. grin

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Reacts To Attack On Igbo Traders Trying To Get PVC In Lagos by PDJT: 6:52am On Jun 10, 2022
Esama:
Keep quiet and warn your people to respect their host there is size number of hausa and other tribe in lago those people are not complain of attack. Me too I get my PVC in lagos nobody attack and they will not ask you where you come from.

Not only igbo are in Nigeria they should learn how to live in peace and be respectful. If they don't do anything nobody will attack them.

-You're not actually mentally ok, to be honest.

12 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Reacts To Attack On Igbo Traders Trying To Get PVC In Lagos by Nobody: 6:55am On Jun 10, 2022
Igbos, Igbos, Igbos! grin

Why do you people like to deceive yourselves so much? There are Igbos, Hausa, Niger Deltans, Yorubas collecting their PVCs all over Lagos, nobody is disturbing anyone.

After they involved themselves in an area clash around Alaba, they are blaming Yorubas and claiming disenfranchisement. Na Yoruba get INEC? grin grin

There are many locations to get your PVCs in Lagos, but you people must blame someone or something. It's in-born! grin grin

We still love you guys sha, despite your tribalistic and finger-pointing nature. grin

7 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Reacts To Attack On Igbo Traders Trying To Get PVC In Lagos by abiodunalabama: 6:57am On Jun 10, 2022
PDJT:

-You're not actually mentally ok, to be honest.
is not mentally ok for saying the truth right? U re sick.

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Reacts To Attack On Igbo Traders Trying To Get PVC In Lagos by Idiotseverywher: 6:59am On Jun 10, 2022
Esama:
Keep quiet and warn your people to respect their host there is sizable number of hausa and other tribe in lago those people are not complain of attack. Me too I get my PVC in lagos nobody attack and they will not ask you where you come from.

. I know you will be the ANUS to talk , nboduy has monopoly of stupidity

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Reacts To Attack On Igbo Traders Trying To Get PVC In Lagos by CryptoClub2018: 7:17am On Jun 10, 2022
I just pity you igbos. Everything you all laboured for will be raised down and you will cry in pains. Becareful how you threaten your host

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Reacts To Attack On Igbo Traders Trying To Get PVC In Lagos by Joezinho: 7:26am On Jun 10, 2022
rickandmortyfan:
Igbos, Igbos, Igbos! grin

Why do you people like to deceive yourselves so much? There are Igbos, Hausa, Niger Deltans, Yorubas collecting their PVCs all over Lagos, nobody is disturbing anyone.

After they involved themselves in a clash, they are blaming Yorubas and claiming disenfranchisement. Na Yoruba get INEC? There are more than 20 locations to get your PVCs in Lagos, but you people must blame someone or something. It's in-born! grin grin
Don't mind them. Always crying . They should find their way to TBS to do their PVCs registration, it's less stressful and fast..

I counted about 40 registration terminals there..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Reacts To Attack On Igbo Traders Trying To Get PVC In Lagos by Macphenson: 7:31am On Jun 10, 2022
kooo
Re: Ohanaeze Reacts To Attack On Igbo Traders Trying To Get PVC In Lagos by Omofaye99: 7:47am On Jun 10, 2022
Why are you people giving this incident ethnic coloration my brother was at the scene that day and was also attacked by those thugs, but Igbo's are making this about themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Reacts To Attack On Igbo Traders Trying To Get PVC In Lagos by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:50am On Jun 10, 2022
Esama:

Yoruba man, Lagos is a no mans land.Igbos are winning elections there

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Reacts To Attack On Igbo Traders Trying To Get PVC In Lagos by Bentizil: 9:33am On Jun 10, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Yoruba man, Lagos is a no mans land.Igbos are winning elections there
Rubbush comments, main reason you guys will always suffer..
Did you know how irritating it is to call Lagos no mans land...

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Reacts To Attack On Igbo Traders Trying To Get PVC In Lagos by KingKO22: 9:53am On Jun 10, 2022
Ohaneze deserve an award for reactor of the year grin

grin imagine the dunce are defending their uncultured pigs instead of calling their pigs to order

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Reacts To Attack On Igbo Traders Trying To Get PVC In Lagos by Opolopoopolonio: 9:58am On Jun 10, 2022
I don't support violence of any kind

But piggiddiootts are advised to port their PVCs to the yeast in order for their votes to truly count.

You can't be in Lagos and be working against the interest of Yorubas.

No tribe will condone it.

Northerners always go back home to vote. Smart people. cool

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Reacts To Attack On Igbo Traders Trying To Get PVC In Lagos by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 10, 2022
Joezinho:
Igbos can cry sha. Even when you are not looking at them, they will believe you are after them. If you are not safe in lagos go back to your mini region for your PVC registration and vote in your region.Lagos belongs to South westerners not other tribes...

See these fulani beggars.. cheesy cheesy
Don't worry Thursday is another day make we see any Agboro for there we go tear them
Re: Ohanaeze Reacts To Attack On Igbo Traders Trying To Get PVC In Lagos by BabydiHot(f): 10:03am On Jun 10, 2022
Opolopoopolonio:
I don't support violence of any kind

But piggiddiootts are advised to port their PVCs to the yeast in order for their votes to truly count.

You can't be in Lagos and be working against the interest of Yorubas.

No tribe will condone it.

Northerners always go back home to vote. Smart people. cool
Shut up
last time I checked we're still in Nigeria and still practice federal system and not regional government.
anyone can vote anywhere.
you can't eat your cake and have it.
you can't oppose regional government and still want it in federal system.
it doesn't work like that.
every has equal right as far as Nigeria is concerned.
if e pain you push for regional government!

2023 won't be business as usual
it's youths vs criminals
we're getting our PVCs and dagger at the same time
pvc for our votes.
dagger for self defense

Re: Ohanaeze Reacts To Attack On Igbo Traders Trying To Get PVC In Lagos by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 10, 2022
CryptoClub2018:
I just pity you igbos. Everything you all laboured for will be raised down and you will cry in pains. Becareful how you threaten your host
You don't start a war in your home because the visitors can do the undo and go back to their own home
No matter how powerful you think you are there's always an upset that is why Cadiz in spain beat Barcelona don't start a fight in your home the results won't favour you because you will lose more
Re: Ohanaeze Reacts To Attack On Igbo Traders Trying To Get PVC In Lagos by Samirana360(m): 10:11am On Jun 10, 2022
What’s the work of this ohaneze people if I may ask?
Re: Ohanaeze Reacts To Attack On Igbo Traders Trying To Get PVC In Lagos by techWriter3: 10:15am On Jun 10, 2022
The worry of Nigeriansns ballots prevents preoccupying some folks
Re: Ohanaeze Reacts To Attack On Igbo Traders Trying To Get PVC In Lagos by AlafinofEnugu(m): 10:36am On Jun 10, 2022
Fahdiga:
Igbos won't take it lightly with anyone next time. This warning is to avoid influx of people into Benin Republic IDP
See whose talking grin
U heard of the word Massacre before grin
It in the dictionary grin

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Reacts To Attack On Igbo Traders Trying To Get PVC In Lagos by BabydiHot(f): 10:39am On Jun 10, 2022
AlafinofEnugu:

See whose talking grin
U heard of the word Massacre before grin
It in the dictionary grin
mynd44 lalasticlala Seun

Rule 2

encouraging violence
Re: Ohanaeze Reacts To Attack On Igbo Traders Trying To Get PVC In Lagos by ManMountain(m): 10:39am On Jun 10, 2022
You’ve been pushed to the wall and beyond the wall, but you are still threatening.

Mumu people, we dare you to do your worst ! grin cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi's 2 Million Massive Man March Shuts Owerri Down / Show Me 1% Of Anambra State Money Missing Under Me, I Will Stop Campaigning. Obi / U.S. Court Orders FBI To Seize $1 Million Chimaroke Nnamani Stole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.