Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

Any Android Phone Among This Category Shouldn't Cost More Than N80,000 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Any Android Phone Among This Category Shouldn't Cost More Than N80,000 (2446 Views)

Here are iPhones that cost more than the iPhone 13 and other iPhones combined / Which Has The Best Camera Phone Among Tecno Pop 2 Power, Itel P32, & Itel P33??? / 7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Android Phone Among This Category Shouldn't Cost More Than N80,000 by yankeecoder: 10:06am On Jan 30, 2022
1. Any android phone that doesn't support 5G

2. Any android phone that doesn't have a snapdragon chipset and andreno GPU or doesn't use tensor chipset (google's pixel custom chipset)

3. Any android phone with 4GB RAM or less

4. Any android phone with 64GB internal memory or less

5. Any android phone that has a battery capacity smaller than 5000mAh

6. Any android phone that doesn't support 4K video recording

7. Any android phone without fast charging or only 18W fast charging

8. Any android phone shipped with android 9 or less

Beware of greedy marketers and fake influencers, shine your eyes well else they will use you to cash out and make it look like they did you a huge favour !

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any Android Phone Among This Category Shouldn't Cost More Than N80,000 by Jirilistic(m): 11:03am On Jan 30, 2022
Agreed
But dat ur number 1 and 6 get as e be especially number 6 grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any Android Phone Among This Category Shouldn't Cost More Than N80,000 by maiquel: 11:54am On Jan 30, 2022
What android phone has these features and is 80k?
Re: Any Android Phone Among This Category Shouldn't Cost More Than N80,000 by yankeecoder: 1:38pm On Jan 30, 2022
Jirilistic:
Agreed
But dat ur number 1 and 6 get as e be especially number 6 grin
Boss man, This is 2022 ! Normalize asking for better value for your money.

1 Like

Re: Any Android Phone Among This Category Shouldn't Cost More Than N80,000 by yankeecoder: 3:06pm On Jan 30, 2022
maiquel:
What android phone has these features and is 80k?
Any android phone with specs listed above. Go to the market physically and stop checking for prices online, some merchants on jumia and konga are inflating phone prices for only God knows what. Just today, I checked for the prize of Nokia X20 8GB RAM Variant, one merchant placed a price of over N222,000 meanwhile another merchant was selling for N165,000 still on konga, just imagine the difference, the other merchant added over N57,000 to the price of the same phone ! I'm sure offline, it will even be cheaper.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Android Phone Among This Category Shouldn't Cost More Than N80,000 by Flamees(m): 3:21pm On Jan 30, 2022
yankeecoder:

2. Any android phone that doesn't have a snapdragon chipset and andreno GPU

Beware of greedy marketers and fake influencers, shine your eyes well else they will use you to cash out and make it look like they did you a huge favour !
Yebaa

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any Android Phone Among This Category Shouldn't Cost More Than N80,000 by maiquel: 3:41pm On Jan 30, 2022
yankeecoder:
Any android phone with specs listed above. Go to the market physically and stop checking for prices online, some merchants on jumia and konga are inflating phone prices for only God knows what. Just today, I checked for the prize of Nokia X20 8GB RAM Variant, one merchant placed a price of over N222,000 meanwhile another merchant was selling for N165,000 still on konga, just imagine the difference, the other merchant added over N57,000 to the price of the same phone ! I'm sure offline, it will even be cheaper.

Yes sure, some prices are unreasonable.
However, I doubt you'd find a phone of 80k and below unless it is UK used with all these specs you listed.
There must be a con.

1 Like

Re: Any Android Phone Among This Category Shouldn't Cost More Than N80,000 by yankeecoder: 4:44pm On Jan 30, 2022
maiquel:

Yes sure, some prices are unreasonable.
However, I doubt you'd find a phone of 80k and below unless it is UK used with all these specs you listed.
There must be a con.
No, my argumentation is, Any phone that doesn't have the specs listed above shouldn't cost more than N80,000 no matter the brand. It's a rip off, some greedy marketers and online merchants are cashing out big on innocent folks by inflating phone prices. I created this thread in response to other threads I saw people made recently asking if N80,000 or N120,000 can buy a good android phone.

In summary, don't pay more than N80,000 for any android phone that doesn't have all the specs listed above in 2022.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any Android Phone Among This Category Shouldn't Cost More Than N80,000 by Remijuice: 5:56pm On Jan 30, 2022
yankeecoder:

That phone could av been top notch only if it had up to 5000 mAh battery
Re: Any Android Phone Among This Category Shouldn't Cost More Than N80,000 by Auskyd(m): 6:05pm On Jan 30, 2022
Snapdragon isn't the only chip around. There's tensor and dimensity which are pretty good.

No dey discriminate with this your list.

1 Like

Re: Any Android Phone Among This Category Shouldn't Cost More Than N80,000 by maiquel: 6:13pm On Jan 30, 2022
yankeecoder:
No, my argumentation is, Any phone that doesn't have the specs listed above shouldn't cost more than N80,000 no matter the brand. It's a rip off, some greedy marketers and online merchants are cashing out big on innocent folks by inflating phone prices. I created this thread in response to other threads I saw people made recently asking if N80,000 or N120,000 can buy a good android phone.

In summary, don't pay more than N80,000 for any android phone that doesn't have all the specs listed above in 2022.

Alright, it's clear now.

1 Like

Re: Any Android Phone Among This Category Shouldn't Cost More Than N80,000 by yankeecoder: 6:27pm On Jan 30, 2022
Remijuice:

That phone could av been top notch only if it had up to 5000 mAh battery
I tell you ! Though, it is still a good catch. I hope Nokia does better this year.
Re: Any Android Phone Among This Category Shouldn't Cost More Than N80,000 by yankeecoder: 6:50pm On Jan 30, 2022
Auskyd:
Snapdragon isn't the only chip around. There's tensor and dimensity which are pretty good.

No dey discriminate with this your list.
There aren't phones in the Nigerian market that use dimensity chipset yet that's why I didn't mention it, hopefully, we are going to see some new kid on the block later this year, may it not fail like overheating samsung's exynos chipset that got hyped when it first came. Tensor chipsets are used in google's pixel which are well known to be flagship phones though, I will modify my post to include that but not dimensity until it's out and battle tested.

1 Like

Re: Any Android Phone Among This Category Shouldn't Cost More Than N80,000 by skywalker240(m): 7:31pm On Jan 30, 2022
yankeecoder:

2. Any android phone that doesn't have a snapdragon chipset and andreno GPU or doesn't use tensor chipset (google's pixel custom chipset)

Any phone with USB TYPE B AKA MICRO USB

Any that doesn't support Android upgrade

Any phone that starts with letter T**no, inf***x or it*l angry

Any phone that keeps closing apps like unfortunately WhatsApp has stopped

Any phone that it's camera deteriorates after 4 or 5 months

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Any Android Phone Among This Category Shouldn't Cost More Than N80,000 by skywalker240(m): 7:33pm On Jan 30, 2022
yankeecoder:
There aren't phones in the Nigerian market that use dimensity chipset yet that's why I didn't mention it, hopefully, we are going to see some new kid on the block later this year, may it not fail like overheating samsung's exynos chipset that got hyped when it first came. Tensor chipsets are used in google's pixel which are well known to be flagship phones though, I will modify my post to include that but not dimensity until it's out and battle tested.
There are
Re: Any Android Phone Among This Category Shouldn't Cost More Than N80,000 by yankeecoder: 7:44pm On Jan 30, 2022
skywalker240:

There are
All the ones I know of aren't yet available in the Nigerian Market.
Re: Any Android Phone Among This Category Shouldn't Cost More Than N80,000 by Auskyd(m): 7:45pm On Jan 30, 2022
yankeecoder:

I didn't get that part of dimensity chips not available for Nigerian market. The phones that have them here, where did people get them?
Re: Any Android Phone Among This Category Shouldn't Cost More Than N80,000 by iseoluwanimi: 8:00pm On Jan 30, 2022
This is over FAIR enuf
Re: Any Android Phone Among This Category Shouldn't Cost More Than N80,000 by yankeecoder: 8:04pm On Jan 30, 2022
Auskyd:

I didn't get that part of dimensity chips not available for Nigerian market. The phones that have them here, where did people get them?
Not available in the Nigerian Market means you have to order for it abroad and pay for the shipping and clearance fees yourself if you want to have it as at now. If you read in between the line, I mentioned that middlemen are the ones inflating the phone prices mostly, probably because they want to cash out big on their old stock before importing newer phones. It's why I adviced not falling for their plot before they make it a norm, boycott any merchant that sells a low spec phone above the rightful price. Once newer phones come in, they'll lose and regret ever attempting to play on our intelligence.

1 Like

Re: Any Android Phone Among This Category Shouldn't Cost More Than N80,000 by Jirilistic(m): 9:11pm On Jan 30, 2022
Tecno pova 5g is available in Nigeria. It's even on slot
It uses mediatek dimensity 900
yankeecoder:
Not available in the Nigerian Market means you have to order for it abroad and pay for the shipping and clearance fees yourself if you want to have it as at now. If you read in between the line, I mentioned that middlemen are the ones inflating the phone prices mostly, probably because they want to cash out big on their old stock before importing newer phones. It's why I adviced not falling for their plot before they make it a norm, boycott any merchant that sells a low spec phone above the rightful price. Once newer phones come in, they'll lose and regret ever attempting to play on our intelligence.
Re: Any Android Phone Among This Category Shouldn't Cost More Than N80,000 by SUPERPACK: 9:52pm On Jan 30, 2022
So all this is expected in a phone of just $150? Bros fear God now. 80k is no longer big when you consider the fact that most of this sellers transact at black market rate and still pay custom duty, plus tax too. A phone of 80k in Nigeria when checked on Jumia Kenya costs 25% less than the Nigerian price when their currency is converted to naira.

But if you have the opportunity to buy a phone on international website with paypal at a rate of #410+, the 80k will now be $200 which might get something close to that.

3 Likes

Re: Any Android Phone Among This Category Shouldn't Cost More Than N80,000 by yankeecoder: 12:23am On Jan 31, 2022
Jirilistic:
Tecno pova 5g is available in Nigeria. It's even on slot
It uses mediatek dimensity 900
This phone was launched barely few weeks ago, assuming it is currently available in the Nigerian market, it is still in an experimental stage as long as we are concerned, majority of the reviews of its chipset currently available are from marketers, it's not something I would recommend to avoid stories that touches the heart.
Re: Any Android Phone Among This Category Shouldn't Cost More Than N80,000 by yankeecoder: 12:38am On Jan 31, 2022
SUPERPACK:
So all this is expected in a phone of just $150? Bros fear God now. 80k is no longer big when you consider the fact that most of this sellers transact at black market rate and still pay custom duty, plus tax too. A phone of 80k in Nigeria when checked on Jumia Kenya costs 25% less than the Nigerian price when their currency is converted to naira.

But if you have the opportunity to buy a phone on international website with paypal at a rate of #410+, the 80k will now be $200 which might get something close to that.
Well, this is what we expect in any phone selling above the price specified above. If I should pay more N80,000 for a phone, it should have all the features I listed above e.g 5G, 5000mAh battery e.t.c
Re: Any Android Phone Among This Category Shouldn't Cost More Than N80,000 by Nobody: 12:48am On Jan 31, 2022
Some helio G-90 Are even betta than dat una over hype snap dragon cry. .

somethng we forget to check phone outcome. . Be4 poor-chasin it grin

if e no be XIAOMI nd REDMI. . No buy. . Unless ur money no reach. redmi is a beast product grin
Re: Any Android Phone Among This Category Shouldn't Cost More Than N80,000 by yankeecoder: 1:11am On Jan 31, 2022
teddybarz:
Some helio G-90 Are even betta than dat una over hype snap dragon cry. .

somethng we forget to check phone outcome. . Be4 poor-chasin it grin

if e no be XIAOMI nd REDMI. . No buy. . Unless ur money no reach. redmi is a beast product grin
Boss man, the value should match the money that's all we are asking for. Don't let anyone broke shame you into paying more for less with your hard earned money.
Re: Any Android Phone Among This Category Shouldn't Cost More Than N80,000 by Barryseal: 1:43am On Jan 31, 2022
yankeecoder:

9. Any Android with the finger print reader behind or beside the phone

1 Like

Re: Any Android Phone Among This Category Shouldn't Cost More Than N80,000 by DesChyko: 6:11am On Jan 31, 2022
You're not being realistic undecided

Except you mean a phone that doesn't have all of those features.
Re: Any Android Phone Among This Category Shouldn't Cost More Than N80,000 by yankeecoder: 7:26am On Jan 31, 2022
DesChyko:
You're not being realistic undecided

Except you mean a phone that doesn't have all of those features.
We are on the same page fam, any phone that doesn't have all those features aint worth more than N80,000.
Re: Any Android Phone Among This Category Shouldn't Cost More Than N80,000 by Mohbola(f): 12:38pm On Jan 31, 2022
Be realistic, firstly are the phones made here? Are the materials sources locally? Or are they free?
Re: Any Android Phone Among This Category Shouldn't Cost More Than N80,000 by Auskyd(m): 1:29pm On Jan 31, 2022
yankeecoder:
This phone was launched barely few weeks ago, assuming it is currently available in the Nigerian market, it is still in an experimental stage as long as we are concerned, majority of the reviews of its chipset currently available are from marketers, it's not something I would recommend to avoid stories that touches the heart.

I dey look you this guy. Just dey yarn okpata dey go.

Shebi dem tell you dimensity dey Naija, you dey use mouth dey yarn dust.

Rest and stop capping abeg.
Re: Any Android Phone Among This Category Shouldn't Cost More Than N80,000 by Auskyd(m): 1:38pm On Jan 31, 2022
Barryseal:

9. Any Android with the finger print reader behind or beside the phone

Lmfao Google pixel 5 dey laugh you.

Delete this nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Any Android Phone Among This Category Shouldn't Cost More Than N80,000 by yankeecoder: 2:31pm On Jan 31, 2022
Mohbola:
Be realistic, firstly are the phones made here? Are the materials sources locally? Or are they free?
You don't seem to get my point, some manufacturers make these phones quite affordable based on specs, middlemen are the ones inflating the prices as at now claiming dollars is scarce meanwhile it's all old stock. Imagine a merchant listing a 4GB RAM phone with 3000mAh battery made in 2020 for N100,000+, let's be honest, it's a rip off. The funny part is, some folks find these to be cool. The inflation won't reduce if we let this become a norm, we may even end up with substandard products being sold for a higher price later by these middlemen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Everything About Wlan A.k.a Wifi In Phone / Nokia E5-00 Update Problem / How Escrow Payment Service Can Protect You From Payment Fraud When Buying Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.